User Tag List

Thread: The Rajah Debates Round 1 - #4 Psycho666Soldier vs. #13 Donald - CLOSED!

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Rajah Debates Round 1 - #4 Psycho666Soldier vs. #13 Donald - CLOSED!

VS.

Welcome to the Rajahdome, where these brave competitors will now begin their debate. But before we begin, please take a second to review the rules. If you disobey them, then I will edit or even delete your post, requiring you to start over from scratch. Be warned.

- All debates will be comprised of 3 posts by each competitor, each with a word cap of 250 words.

- You have only 72 hours to complete all three posts. If you don't finish then that is on you.

- Those 6 posts must be staggered. You can't make your next post until the other debator has had their turn.

- Pictures, gifs and videos can be used in literally unlimited amounts to support your point.

- No editing of posts is allowed, and if you go second, your first post must NOT be a rebuttal of the other person's first post as that would grant an unfair advantage.

- Order will be determined by a coin flip just before the debate begins.

- The winner will be chosen equally from 4 sources. 2 judges, a reader write in vote, and a poll which will be posted on the main page along with your debates which will allow the greater Rajah audience to vote on your words.

And now it's time for our next debate topic!

Asuka is an absolute wonder. Known on the indy scene and in Japan as Kana, she almost singlehandedly began a new generation of Joshi excellence upon her arrival in the international scene and did everything there was to do, tearing the house down in Stardom, Shimmer, SMASH, and pretty much everywhere else. Then she came to WWE, and mind blowingly became one of the most dominant champions in wrestling history, remaining undefeated for 2 glorious years and becoming the biggest drawing card in NXT. With her recent injury, she was forced to vacate the belt, and WWE made it clear that when she returns it will not be to NXT, but instead will be marked by her debut on either Raw or Smackdown, making her quite literally the most exciting "free agent" in all the wrestling world. But now the choice has to be made. Asuka is coming, and nobody is ready for Asuka. But...

SHOULD ASUKA DEBUT ON RAW OR SMACKDOWN?

Psycho: Smackdown
    Donald: Raw

The Coin Flip Indicates That Psycho Will Go First!
    Last edited by Cewsh; September 11th, 2017 at 11:34 AM.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are three simple reasons why Asuka should be drafted to Smackdown upon her main roster arrival. Smackdown…

1) …has more consistent and credible storylines
    2) …will utilize her properly
    3) …has Charlotte

Asuka is a very special talent, ladies and gentlemen. She transcends all barriers, linguistically and otherwise. The moment she walks into a room, every single other thing is electrified. Very few can compare in the wrestling world. This has become blatantly so since her NXT debut. As such, her presence in WWE must be handled carefully, because they have proven they can take organically exploding popularity and run it through the mud quickly.

Bringing her to Smackdown will greatly reduce the chances of this happening. Smackdown takes care to include all their stars, keeping them fresh in viewers' minds - resulting in thoughtful and memorable storylines. Smackdown magnifies its performers’ strengths, allowing them to get the most out of any performance. Smackdown hasn't played hot potato with the Women's Championship, so Asuka would not be unnecessarily rushed - nor would her reign be stilted by an early loss. All this allows for Asuka to arrive unchained, ready to battle a fiery roster including Becky Lynch, the magnificent champion Naomi, and the arguably(???) greatest woman in WWE, both in kayfabe credentials and actual ability - Charlotte. Pepper in the still-breaking-out women for Asuka to annihilate before setting up a massive showdown with The Queen, and you have a recipe for the greatest NXT call-up run of all-time.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It makes a lot of sense to have Asuka debut on the RAW roster. In her first few NXT TakeOver events, every woman Asuka faced is now currently on the RAW roster. And all but on the matches had a 3 Ľ star or higher rating. Dana Brooke, Emma, Nia Jax, Bayley, and Mickie James have all felt the wrath of the Empress of Tomorrow. But now it’s time for the whole WWE Universe to see what she can do. By having Asuka face people she’s faced before on major events, it will get her used to the WWE schedule easier, and having familiar people around will also help.

RAW needs that big babyface. Sasha fits that currently, but she’d make the perfect heel to Asuka’s face. While they’re building Asuka up, by defeating the likes of Emma, Dana, Mickie, and Nia, they can slowly turn Sasha heel. Have her team with Asuka against Nia and Alexa, only for Sasha to turn on Asuka in the match. Asuka vs. Sasha for the tile at WrestleMania sounds perfect. Sasha could state that Asuka has never faced anyone like the Boss. It certainly has that dream match like feel.

Another reason Asuka should start on RAW, is more eyeballs watch RAW, and you want your future star women’s wrestler to be in front of as many people possible.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right out of the gate, you mentioned RAW is filled with women she's already faced. Meaning we'd be treading old ground. Asuka should have fresh experiences. Smackdown is full of new opponents, almost all of better quality than the likes of Dana, Nia and Mickie. Bringing her to RAW would be a poor move based on that alone. Asuka is a woman who doesn't need opponents she's familiar with because she knows how to make herself look good. And familiarity with opponents has little bearing on how quickly she adjusts to the schedule.

You state RAW needs a big babyface, then immediately follow up with "Sasha fits that currently." Alexa Bliss is one of the best heels in WWE, so I see no need to turn Sasha just to give Asuka the big babyface spot. In general, Smackdown has the better environment. Whether as babyface or heel, Asuka's character will get the thorough treatment it deserves on Smackdown, whereas on RAW she'll win the title in 2 months max and drop it back to Alexa even quicker. And I love Sasha, but Charlotte is the bigger star. A showdown between The Empress and The Queen will make more money - what Vince actually cares about.

And while more eyeballs may watch RAW, bringing in transcendent stars will get more eyes on Smackdown, creating a symbiotic benefit to Asuka joining the roster. Ultimately, RAW doesn't need Asuka. Smackdown does.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Your number 3, Charlotte, is exactly why Asuka should not be on Smackdown. You mention Charlotte vs. Asuka would be a money match. Charlotte is one of the most dominant female performers in recent memory, with a PPV win streak lasting over a year. Quite impressive. Charlotte should be the dominant female on Smackdown, and Asuka should be the dominant female on RAW. Bayley, Sasha, Naomi, Becky…all lose frequently, it would be very hard to build any of them back up to be a credible dominant threat.

Asuka indeed is a very special talent. So is Charlotte. Asuka should be kept far away from Charlotte. Once they are both strong, dominant leaders of their brands, they should build towards a WrestleMania match between the two. Champion vs. Champion. That would make Vince and the company a hell of a lot of money than a match between the two on a Smackdown PPV.

The RAW women’s division looks week compared to Smackdown too. Right now on RAW it just feels like the Alexa, Nia, and Sasha show. On Smackdown you have Naomi, Natalya, Charlotte, Becky, and Carmella. Asuka added to the RAW roster will give it the jolt the women’s division so desperately needs.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you're suggesting with Charlotte vs. Asuka waters down the brand split and takes away from the massive boost Smackdown would get from exclusively running the program between the two. Having a cross-brand Champion vs. Champion match would only serve to make one of the brands look weaker in defeat, have no actual stakes as far as a title being on the line, and completely nullify the opportunity for other women to have a title match at WrestleMania. Just because it's on Smackdown doesn't mean it would not be at WrestleMania. And if it were on a Smackdown-exclusive PPV, again: all the more reason to tune into Smackdown.

And on RAW, Alexa IS the dominant female. She has the charisma and It Factor to do the job. Sasha could easily be rebuilt to that level, and Naomi has not lost any more than Charlotte has. In fact, you mention Charlotte's PPV Win Streak...where she lost frequently on TV, including the championship.

The Smackdown women's division has depth, but that has everything to do with the booking. RAW has just as much talent with Bayley, Sasha, Emma and Alexa. The problem isn't the talent, it's the booking, and the reason RAW seems like it’s hurting is because everyone but Alexa has been mishandled. Look at Bayley’s run for any further proof of RAW ruining magic. It's a recurring pattern that Asuka will fall victim to. Smackdown will present the Asuka that we, as fans, and her, as a performer, deserve.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    WWE loves brand vs. brand gimmick matches. They do it at Survivor Series, showdowns in the Rumble, and even have a PPV called Bragging Rights. I don’t think either brand would lose momentum if Charlotte or Asuka lost the feud.

I’d hardly call Alexa dominant. She tries to befriend Nia so she won’t have to face her. Asuka wouldn’t do that. She’d face Nia anytime, anywhere. They never seem to pull the trigger on Sasha. Once she wins the championship, she loses it a week or two later. The crowd is behind her, but I think they would be even more behind Asuka.

The booking on RAW isn’t always terrible. Charlotte was booked extremely well, and was protected a hell of a lot on RAW. What’s happened since she’s on Smackdown? Not even in the world title picture. Asuka is a one of a kind athlete, who deserves more than playing second fiddle to Natalya, Naomi, and Carmella. If Asuka winds up on Smackdown, they’d probably have her win the title in her fast match, only for Carmella to cash in on her. On Raw, she would fit perfectly into the storylines. Alexa could beat Sasha again, and then say “I’ve beaten them all, I’m the dominant female in WWE”. Cue Asuka’s music. The rest is history.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THIS DEBATE IS CLOSED!

VOTING MAY NOW BEGIN!

Votes without an explanation will not be counted.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Psycho666Soldier

This might be the toughest one yet for me. I thought they both did magnificent jobs with their arguments. In the end though I thought P666S's argument about SD being able to use Asuka vs Charolette to drive more eyes to the product on that particular show. Also, the fact that he brought up Raw's history of ruining got acts with momentum. I did like that Donald brought up that Raw is THE show (the mothership if you willllll) and thought that was a good point. In the end though I think P666S's argument landed home for me more.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna say Donald ALMOST had me convinced until his last paragraph in his last, cause to me Psycho nearly blew it with post #3. With the first two post from each, I could have gone EITHER way. (Referring to Alexa as dominant, never a great usage of an argument... Entertaining? Great on the microphone for heat? Absolutely.. Dominant? Not so much).

The "if" game as a closing argument is always a bad idea, and with Doanld using that for the last tactic... by a HAIR, I have to give it to Psycho.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Psycho.

This was a very good debate by both sides. Donald's argument of building to an inter-promotional match was his downfall. The WWE rarely builds this type of storyline. Look back at the last couple years since the split. When has this happened? Psycho mentioning the fresh feuds and matches on the Smackdown side and countering the RAW argument Donald made really put him over the top.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donald.

I thought he did better at countering Psycho which is always a solid benefit for the person who gets to go last. I thought key counters were talking about how Raw could use the shot in the arm just as much as Smackdown as well as the argument about Charlotte v. Asuka being built as a huge match between Raw and Smackdown-see Brock Lesnar v. Randy Orton for an example of interpromotional feud that has been set up since the brand split. Another key counter was Donald talking about how Smackdown isn't exactly doing the greatest booking either when noting how shit Charlotte has been booked after being booked extremely well on Raw. Psycho IMO just had the unfortunate task of going first and didn't have strong enough posts because D poked through them like a tommy gun to cardboard cutouts.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Psycho

He had a more cohesive argument throughout. Donald made good points, but I think his last post lost it for me. Psycho focusing on Smackdown being a better show for the most part booking wise as well as the showdown with Charlotte pushed it over the edge for me.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Psycho. He argued the best point of seeing the dream match ups instead of doing same old same old on Raw. While Donald apparently through happenstance got the right answer, here it didn't matter, because actually the wrong answer for both Donald and the WWE thanks to the points Psycho brought up.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was tiiight and Donald did a good job throughout. However, Psycho's argument for fresher opponents was very strong and Donald let himself down a bit talking about Asuka winning and losing the title in her first match which is a big assumption I wasn't convinced by.

Psycho666Soldier

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *claps*

So far, best debate of the competition so far. You both did a good job of arguing your point and countering your opponents arguments.

However, there has to be a winner, so I have to give it to Psycho. He just barely edged out Donald on most of the points, specifically how he countered everything Donald said.

Vote: Psycho

But bravo to Donald for making it difficult.

Intercontinental Champion Zyphlin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved this back and forth. I think where Donald failed was too much of his argument was based, imho, in fantasy booking than it was in reality. Now mind you, I think it is absolutely phenomenal fantasy booking. The thought process, the argument, is exceptional. I love the idea of Asuka dominating one brand with Charlotte the other, being kept separate for a long time until finally bringing them together. That is a compelling point and a strong one for saying she should be on Raw.

The PROBLEM is, it's a compelling but, given the reality of WWE's recent booking history, unrealistic point. It's great in theory, but it's a theory that's unlikely to come to fruition, which makes it little better than a bad theory really.

Psycho's argument is more grounded in the reality of WWE's current and recent past bookings, and thus made it more compelling and better argued in the end. While I like Donald's thought process better, I still liked Psycho's reasoning AND felt it was more believable.

So it's a close one, but I have to go with Psycho's as the more persuasive and compelling debate and thus the winner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Psycho gets my vote.

They both did a great job of arguing each other's points... I was swayed a little, however, Psycho hammering home the horrible pattern that RAW seems to carry out when it comes to call-ups was spot-on and, sadly, it's evident and not fictionalized. Everything he mentioned also highlighted how Asuka's debut on SmackDown! would not just benefit her BUT also the brand as a whole and that she'd have a plethora of fresh match-ups.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VOTING IS OVER!

Rajah Forums Vote:

Psycho 9
    Donald 1

Rajah Main Page Vote:

Judge Cewsh Vote:

AND YOUR WINNER IS...