FROM ROGERS PLACE IN EDMONTON, AB, CANADA

Main Card
    UFC Flyweight Championship
    Demetrious Johnson (c) v. Ray Borg

UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship
    Amanda Nunes (c) v. Valentina Schevchenko

Rafael Dos Anjos v. Neil Magny (WW)
    Illir Latifi v. Tyson Pedro (LHW)
    Gilbert Milendez v. Jeremy Stephens (FW)

Prelims (FS1)
    Sara McMann v. Ketlen Vieira (BW)
    Henry Cejudo v. Wilson Reis (FLW)
    Sarah Moras v. Ashlee Evans-Smith (BW)
    Gavin Tucker v. Rick Glenn (FW)

For more info hit up the link:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_215

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Average card for even hardcore fans. I predict a record low buyrate. I lost a lot of respect for Johnson refusing the Dillashaw fight especially considering his opponent misses weight frequently and that was DJ's main argument against TJ getting the shot.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Think I'm most interested in Melendez/Stephens here. Probably a deal breaker for Gilbert coming off three straight losses and being 1-4 in the UFC. Age 35 and lots of wear and tear on him, I doubt dropping to 145 will be able to right the ship. He's never been (T)KO'd in 15 years and 28 fights, maybe Stephens is the man to be the first.

Latifi/Pedro could be something. Pedro is a young guy 7-0 with 7 finishes. Latifi is coming off a one year lay off after that brutal KO against Ryan Bader. Despite Latifi representing Sweden I've never been a fan. I get the feeling they are trying to use him to springboard a young, hot prospect here.

DJ will probably run through Borg and Nunes/Shevchenko will probably be a fairly close decision. Biggest factor could be if Nunes gasses or not in the championship rounds.
    Last edited by OD50; September 7th, 2017 at 4:55 AM.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The women's title fight, RDA, and Milendez fight are all intriguing, but after the buzz and circus of Mayweather/McGregor, this PPV will be flat. JDS fight being pulled hurts too.

-Can't stand Amanda Nunes but she has been on a tear, hope Valentina wins and does her weird dance. I think Valentina wins if she can get it into round 4 and 5 without taking too much damage.

-Milendez and Stephens are nothing more than gatekeepers at this point, and because of Milendez age and inactivity I don't even know if he can be considered that. But the fight should be good, probably FOTN.

-RDA looked absolutely miniscule next to Tony Ferguson in their fight, I think he is way too small for Welterweight so I do not think this is a good move for him. Unless you are Anthony Johnson (who was sooo depleted at Middleweight), I don't recall many fighters who were losing at their lesser weight class who went up and became successful.

I wonder if people realize that RDA is fighting a guy who is 6 inches taller with a 10 inch reach advantage on him in this fight. Tony Ferguson made him look small, Neil Magny is going to have a Jon Jones size advantage on him. RDA scraped by a win against Tarec Saffiedine who has the same reach as him and didn't look like the RDA of old, I certainly do not expect him to look like the RDA of old in this one.

Will obviously watch the children's main event title match, but not invested in it. Makes me annoyed that Mighty Mouse will break legitimate records having beaten people who cannot make height requirements for children's rollercoasters.
    Last edited by Spedizzo; September 7th, 2017 at 10:17 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ray Borg has fallen ill and the main event is off.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    Ray Borg has fallen ill and the main event is off.
    Fucking hilarious when you think about how the focus was "Can he make weight?" and the dude has an "illness" all the sudden.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This does reek of karma.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    This does reek of karma.
    I'm just glad it wasn't Valentina getting sick how weird would that have been?

I wonder if his "illness" has to do with cutting weight. A couple times in the past he missed weight, the day he's supposed to weigh in he's sick.....

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha, don't everybody give a fuck about this show all at once.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    UFC 215 was a prime example of why the UFC should take a short-term hit and cut the volume of it's cards in like half so they can start actually selling some of these events. I can't imagine anyone in their right mind having paid for that shit.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I HEARD the card was actually really good but I agree with what you're saying 100%. It's why I've had a hard time as I get older to keep track of everything going on, it's a chore.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It was ok but would have been a much better fit as a FightPass exclusive card. Absolutely was not worth the cost of a ppv.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dud.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wonder why they don't air the extremely weak numbered events on free tv anymore. It should have been that or an outright cancellation.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, and this is just speaking for me as someone who runs a franchise sports bar, but they'd have to give out a shitload of refunds if they canceled the show in the last week. My stores alone would be like $5,000.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    Well, and this is just speaking for me as someone who runs a franchise sports bar, but they'd have to give out a shitload of refunds if they canceled the show in the last week. My stores alone would be like $5,000.
    I was referring to even before Ray Borg pulled out of the (ridiculous) main event; the card honestly didn't take much of a hit if at all by losing it. It was the worst drawing UFC champ in history of by far the weakest division vs an opponent nobody has heard of outside of the most hardcore of fans. Headlining a ppv with a very weak supporting undercard. It just frustrates me when they put these cards on, do they not realize that they regularly schedule better cards with more names and more intriguing fights for FOX and FS1? It's as if Dana is so arrogant that he doesn't bother giving fans their money's worth when it's time to shell out 60 bucks, he knows the UFC brand itself will sell a few ppvs no matter how shit the card..

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get why he puts Mighty Mouse on ppv to begin with. Most of his title defenses were ppv main events. Why? If you (DW) know this guy isn't a draw to the point you have to go out and 1 week say he's the best on the planet and then the next week because he won't do what you want he's not a draw, he doesn't move numbers like McGregor (reaching much?), he won't get ppv points even if he does headline one, etc. Had this been a Fox card, it would have been a pretty sweet looking free show imo. Women's title fight, Milendez/Stephens, Magny/RDA, Cejudo/Reis, 4 solid fights on paper and most lived up to the hype going in if not outperformed the hype as I didn't expect some of these fights to finish as quickly as they did.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My takeaways:

-Amanda Nunes is really average and very timid against top level fighters. Did Amanda Nunes really do anything other than land a takedown and "press the action"? Can see why she want the split decision though because Valentina didn't do much either (although she landed the bigger shots). Very boring fight, really pulled for Valentina because I can't stand Amanda

-Neil Magny is really shit moreso than RDA is going to make a legitimate run at Welterweight. Still believe RDA is way too small to be a viable matchup for the likes of Lawler, Woodley, etc.

-Stephens looks incredible, but Milendez beating him isnt indicative of how good you are because Milendez is so inactive and 1-5 in the UFC with his only win being Diego Sanchez... I think it is time to call it quits for Gilbert

did not watch rest of card

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gilbert is one of those guys who you look at go damn, what happened? Where did one of the top LW's go wrong? Was it merely big fish small pond situations? Kind of reminds of like a Denis Kang where they had so much success in solid promotions but they came to the UFC and didn't do so well. That's not taking anything away from their accomplishments as we know per resumes, the UFC isn't the end all be all in terms of what is considered a great fighter. But Gil....I had some high hopes but I wasn't 100% sold he would champ. Definitely didn't see him as a 1-5 guy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    My takeaways:

-Amanda Nunes is really average and very timid against top level fighters. Did Amanda Nunes really do anything other than land a takedown and "press the action"? Can see why she want the split decision though because Valentina didn't do much either (although she landed the bigger shots). Very boring fight, really pulled for Valentina because I can't stand Amanda
    Opposite is true for me. Amanda strikes me as a nice person whereas valentina comes off as an arrogant cunt most of the time.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    It was a good card, nothing I'd pay for most likely though. Really nice performance by Henry Cejudo. I had Shevchenko winning the main event, a fairly dud of an affair though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holm v. Nunes next?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Maybe Rocky Pennington.