Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2017 PWI 500

LOL,LIKE IDK CATS. Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    Sometimes you try a new brand of muffins and you don't like them. No problem there. Declaring that all other brands are garbage without trying them is just silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    There is a certain esteemed poster around here who flat out refuses to watch NXT because of his insane vendetta against Hunter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys should sit down and try some new brands of muffins together.

31172-006 Receipt #11 Rev Donald's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I don't always post bullshit to entertain myself. I don't venture from my comfort zone. Some may see that as a bad thing, some may be ok with it. I like what I like, and I'm perfectly happy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    you guys do realize you are trying to question the viewership of a poster who regularly just posts bullshit to entertain himself and can't really back himself up on much, right?

in Andy's case, though, i have heard of people not liking NJPW due to the stiffness of it, and that it is not dictated to them much as an audience in the U.S.. plus, i think Andy has watched more than just that one clip, although the statement he made in here is pretty dumb if it is just that one spot he ever watched. i can just understand how the overall product can not be someone's cup of tea. especially if they are just used to what the big company (WWE) conditioned them to.

the muffin analogy was correct. the water/mexico one is shitty (no pun intended), unless the water drinker does not know the very common knowledge on what the mexican water will do to the body. c'mon now.
    I always assumed you were just here for your own self-entertainment in general. Donald is a good dude, he wasn't slighting non-WWE promotions, get off his nuts for not being like you nerd.

The reason the analogy works is because Donald isn't a dumb fuck, he's aware of the style, so maybe just the idea turns him off. Tony Schiavone or Bruce Prichard, one of them said several times they've never watched an episode of ECW because they just aren't into that style. Even though they had that kind of hardcore wrestling on their own show, they were basically forced to watch it. So again, he's not completely oblivious to New Japan he just doesn't give a shit about it.

OH MY GOD SOMEONE DOESN'T SWING OFF THE NUTS OF NAITO, KENNY OMEGA, EVIL, ETC.!! It's great wrestling for sure but they're not going to be sad if Donald doesn't ever watch their product unless Strowman goes over there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Well yeah, Pete. That's a stupid thing to do too and I mock him for it all the time. What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I always assumed you were just here for your own self-entertainment in general. Donald is a good dude, he wasn't slighting non-WWE promotions, get off his nuts for not being like you nerd.

The reason the analogy works is because Donald isn't a dumb fuck, he's aware of the style, so maybe just the idea turns him off. Tony Schiavone or Bruce Prichard, one of them said several times they've never watched an episode of ECW because they just aren't into that style. Even though they had that kind of hardcore wrestling on their own show, they were basically forced to watch it. So again, he's not completely oblivious to New Japan he just doesn't give a shit about it.

OH MY GOD SOMEONE DOESN'T SWING OFF THE NUTS OF NAITO, KENNY OMEGA, EVIL, ETC.!! It's great wrestling for sure but they're not going to be sad if Donald doesn't ever watch their product unless Strowman goes over there.
    We just said that that was totally fine. That's not what we're talking about.

Inter Milandy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course the Shibata thing was one spot and of course I've seen more than that. My point is that, while I don't begrudge anyone enjoying something, it's not like the people who don't watch it are being stupid or really missing out.

My view is that what the likes of Shibata and Ishii do isn't wrestling. I don't find it entertaining to watch guys legit beat the shit out of eachother. But some people do, that's fine. It's just not my cup of tea. So I don't feel like I'm missing out.

Inter Milandy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having said that, I do begrudge people thinking that particular spot was something to be celebrated. It's one of the most stupid and dangerous things I've ever seen and by definition it just isn't professional wrestling. If you need to headbutt yourself into a coma to put over a story, you're doing it wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We just said that that was totally fine. That's not what we're talking about.
    What's the "we" talk though? The entire post you quoted wasn't even directed toward you, at all, which is why I didn't quote your comments. They didn't slight Donald for not being into Japanese wrestling like our resident joy bringer tends to constantly do. without using the shift key.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Having said that, I do begrudge people thinking that particular spot was something to be celebrated. It's one of the most stupid and dangerous things I've ever seen and by definition it just isn't professional wrestling. If you need to headbutt yourself into a coma to put over a story, you're doing it wrong.

LOL,LIKE IDK CATS. Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well yeah, Pete. That's a stupid thing to do too and I mock him for it all the time. What's your point?
    Mock him more

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post

i don't care if someone likes or dislikes the product. dude has a history of just posting shit just for attention. that is how i saw it here.

like i said, i can understand people wanting to be in their comfort zone and not leaving. i am sorry i thought your analogy was inferior. i see it, though.

Thread Information