Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 PWI 500

Intercontinental Champion
    Okada, AJ and Omega should be your top 3.

Cody bitching on Twitter about his placement.

Samoa Joe calling him out for it like a boss.

Owens is overrated.

Johnny Gargano and Ciampa should have cracked top 100.

I buried my sister today! Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Well I mean IF this were some kind of 'legit' list then Cody would have a case but it appears to mainly have been cobbled together by some senile old man (I have no idea who works for PWI)

I mean really what is Alberto doing there? He leaves the E, Works some independents in the UK went to some promotion in Mexico for a cup of coffee I think and went to GFW and became there champ, got suspended and stripped of the title, All this against the backdrop of gradually losing his fucking mind.
    Last edited by Peter Griffin; August 31st, 2017 at 4:26 AM.

What a massive waste of time this is. Can't believe it's still about, to be honest. In 2017, a magazine that reports on wrestling as a legit sport. I assume it still does, anyway. I bought this magazine for a while about 20 years ago. The stuff being reported on always seemed to be months and months old.

Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    Do female wrestlers not make this list? Or tag teams? You would think Usos, New Day, and Sheamus/Cesaro would make it right?
    Women have a top 50. No tag teams as they are set as individuals on the top 500
    Last edited by Bluegunn; August 31st, 2017 at 7:49 AM.

This list doesn't "suck", it's just subjective. Does IMDB's top 100 list suck because you don't agree with 80% of it? Of course not. Like I was saying, I've mainly used the 500 as a directory. See who's still in the game, see who's making waves in the independents. The Year End Report/Awards issue, whatever it's called, that's another good one they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    What a massive waste of time this is. Can't believe it's still about, to be honest. In 2017, a magazine that reports on wrestling as a legit sport. I assume it still does, anyway. I bought this magazine for a while about 20 years ago. The stuff being reported on always seemed to be months and months old.
    Not a massive waste of time.

As far as the lag...You have to factor in how long it takes to put all the stories and rankings and pictures together. You send it off to press and then shipping. It can take awhile. I used to work for a company called CDS here in Des Moines, we handled subscriptions for probably 80-90% of the magazines here in the US and Canada so we'd get people calling in "bitching" about that all the time. Even mags like US Weekly, the 52 issues a year, they're still going to be a good month behind at the very least.

Anyone who has ever participated in a "top 25 list" on these forums calling the PWI list a major waste of time is, no offense, talking out of their ass. It's an opinionated list meant to entertain wrestling fans, much like 90% of the opinion works put out today.

Main Eventer
    The ones complaining just seem to be huge Japanese wrestling marks and that's fine but the list isn't shit because it doesn't have the card from the Tokyo Dome in the top 10.

31172-006 Receipt #11 Rev Donald's Avatar
    It's shit cause Braun's below Cody fucking Rhodes of all people.

Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    The ones complaining just seem to be huge Japanese wrestling marks and that's fine but the list isn't shit because it doesn't have the card from the Tokyo Dome in the top 10.
    Do you really think that's what it is?

I just think people like shitting on Dave Meltzer, for some odd reason. The guy has gotten paid to do what all of us would love to do for decades.

Thread Information