User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 PWI 500

LOL,LIKE IDK CATS. Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing Alberto so close to Cody seems fucking mad to me.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Makes sense why Ambrose is so high. Had the WWE and IC title. Had feuds with Styles, Miz, Corbin and tons of appearances.
    His actually sounds credible:
    Won the Shield triple threat, successful defense at a big-4 PPV, won the IC title, successful defense of that belt at WM. Throw in a clean win over Cena on a Smackdown episode. Probably would have looked better if this stretched back to June of last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do female wrestlers not make this list? Or tag teams? You would think Usos, New Day, and Sheamus/Cesaro would make it right?
    They do another female only list

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And they specifically refuse to keep tag teams together because they are lazy and dumb.

31172-006 Receipt #11 Rev Donald's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder where jack swagger ranked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the list based on? Appearances, title wins, skill?
    Based on the editors' appearance on Jim Ross' podcast I think the fact the Okada agreed to take that picture is why he it #1.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    There is honestly no criteria, and this list is about the least credible thing in the entire wrestling industry, which is saying something. They have openly said that they shove Japanese and Mexican wrestlers down the list because they're afraid they won't sell any issues with them on the cover.
    Source to that comment? Only reason I'm asking is that there was a year Mistico was #2 or 3 and they said in the publication, had he not been hurt he would have easily been #1 that year. They've also done covers in the past, like the PWI 500 2005 where Batista won and they had Kojima on the cover but they also had Raven, Cena, Batista, and someone else. And I'm not saying they never said what you said, because I can totally see that being the reason in terms of the cover and not making someone #1 because they think fans won't buy it if a WWE wrestler isn't on the cover. But I own a shit ton of these PWI 500's and there has been for a good 15 years at least a healthy number of international wrestlers in high rankings.

What I mainly buy the 500 for is to educate myself on wrestlers I don't know much about it or anything about. I had never heard of Chris Hero, CM Punk, or Homicide until the first year they were in the 500 and they were talking about these crazy hardcore matches the 3 of them were having. It made me back in the 90's really seek out the likes of Hashimoto, Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, El Samurai, Koji Kanemoto, the list goes on of Japanese wrestlers I never really knew much about outside of the 500 and maybe a sprinkle of match results because it wasn't until the turn of the century and guys like those I mentioned were either dead or getting old that they started really covering Japanese wrestling like see them do today-which isn't much but understandable when your target market isn't Japanese wrestling fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Takahashi being where he is... maddening to me.

Naito is top 10 easily.

This list is pretty shit, but I'd put Okada at 1 as well

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    There is honestly no criteria, and this list is about the least credible thing in the entire wrestling industry, which is saying something. They have openly said that they shove Japanese and Mexican wrestlers down the list because they're afraid they won't sell any issues with them on the cover.
    there's that one list, powerslam magazine is it, that explicitly tries to be a smarky workrate list but their list is always awful. that one's worse. this was is fine, decent list of wrestlers by 'prestige' from a very america-centric standpoint, while still admitting other wrestling exists. in that aspect okada winning is appropriate here, japanese wrestling has never been in the consciousness of american fans as much as now and okada is the undisputed king this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PWI list has always been this weird kayfabe/smark list. By doing that, it tends to suck. Its hard to argue against Okada. He has been the star in NJPW and has even come to the US to wrestle which not unheard of, it is rare. I would have chosen AJ. A year ago he beat Cena clean..fucking clean then he is the Smackdown champ and putting on amazing matches even one with Shane. However, his matches with Owens have been a bit of a mess. I think if we get the world title back on AJ or on Nakamara and we get that as the main event of Mania then I think it will be hard pressed not to name him number one. That is a lot of ifs though. I don't agree with Reigns he has been a bitch since after Mania. Same almost goes with Cena. Cena had one really good match with AJ and that's it.

Thread Information