User Tag List

Thread: Bellator 180: Silva vs.Sonnen, Madison Square Garden, June 24.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden

Bellator 180: Silva vs.Sonnen, Madison Square Garden, June 24.

Main card (PPV):
    Chael Sonnen (29-15-1) vs. Wanderlei Silva (35-12-1, 1 NC) - Light Heavyweight
    Fedor Emelianenko (36-4, 1 NC) vs. Matt Mitrione (11-5) - Heavyweight
    Douglas Lima (28-6) vs. Lorenz Larkin (18-5, 1 NC) - Welterweight World Title
    Michael Chandler (16-3) vs. Brent Primus (7-0) - Lightweight World Title
    Aaron Pico (0-0) vs. Zach Freeman (8-2) - Lightweight

Prelims (Spike TV):
    Phil Davis (17-3, 1 NC) vs. Ryan Bader (22-5) - Light Heavyweight World title
    James Gallagher (6-0) vs. Chinzo Machida (5-2) - Featherweight
    Neiman Gracie (5-0) vs. David Marfone (5-2) - Middleweight

Early Prelims (Spike.com)
    Ryan Couture (10-5) vs. Haim Gozali (7-3) - Welterweight

Official preview:
    Last edited by OD50; April 26th, 2017 at 4:48 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I like that Larkin is getting a t.s. He deserved higher profile fights in the UFC.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fedor should always be main event.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Yes.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    King Mo vs. Ryan Bader has been added to the card, most likely a title eliminator.

Also James Gallagher vs. Chinzo Machida at FW. Chinzo is the older brother of Lyoto Machida while Gallagher is the protege of John Kavanagh/Conor McGregor at SBG. This is probably a showcase fight for the young, undefeated guy in the Irish lovin' MSG/NYC. Gallagher is 20 while Machida is 40. Gallagher is 3-0 in Bellator while Machida is 2-0.
    Last edited by OD50; April 1st, 2017 at 5:51 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    I like that Larkin is getting a t.s. He deserved higher profile fights in the UFC.
    For sure, beating Magny and Masvidal back-to-back was impressive. The Tumenov loss was BS as well.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    King Mo is injured and we'll get Phil Davis/Ryan Bader II for the LHW title instead. Could be a good fight, I watched the first one live in the arena and it was pretty dreadful, hopefully this will deliver. It will be the main event of the prelims on Spike.

I don't have a problem with Bader getting the instant title shot here, he's coming off two KO wins in the UFC and defeated Davis in 2015.
    Last edited by OD50; April 25th, 2017 at 4:25 AM.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm kind of thinking the WW title should be the Spike main event but I get why they're doing it I guess....ratings...or something lol. Not sure what a guy who's 0-0 is doing on the ppv main card....but Bellator is kind of like the TNA of MMA so "LOLBellator"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the novelty of the card. Wanderlei and Fedor are 2 guys that O.G. fans are going to tune in for and root for. Sonnen will talk a big game but hopefully get dusted. I want Fedor vs. Wanderlei for the second PPV if both win, the 2 longtime PRIDE champions. The Lima/Larkin fight is high end MMA. Chandler is the biggest homegrown star. Then 2 guys who have main evented FOX shows, both on good streaks, as the "prelim" main event for a title and realistically a spot just behind Jones, Cormier and possibly Gus in the 205 rankings.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I'm kind of thinking the WW title should be the Spike main event but I get why they're doing it I guess....ratings...or something lol. Not sure what a guy who's 0-0 is doing on the ppv main card....but Bellator is kind of like the TNA of MMA so "LOLBellator"
    Pico is a super prospect whom Bellator has high hopes for, and I think he was the one who wanted to debut on the biggest stage available, so no lack of confidence there. He was super close to making the US Olympic wrestling team at age 18 or 19 and he won gold at the Golden Gloves in 2009.

Looks like quite a risky fight for you debut though, he's fighting an 8-2 guy who fought for the RFA LW title in his last fight.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Wouldn't shock me if they put AJ McKee on the prelims of this card as well, speaking of prospects.. He made his debut in Bellator as well and is 8-0 now with 6 finishes, pretty sick LHK finish in his latest fight, the Meeko Crocop kick.. He said he wanted on this card, so why not. I used to really dislike his old man back in the day though, boring ass LnP'er. with 21 decisions in 29 wins.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Ryan Couture (10-5) vs. Haim Gozali (7-3) and Neiman Gracie (5-0) vs. David Marfone (5-2) has been added to the prelims. The Couture fight will be on Spike.com while Grace will on the Spike TV broadcast.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Bumping this. Coming up this Saturday.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chinzo Machida and Ryan Bader should be on the main card. Michael Chandler should be the main event. I know they are trying to get people to buy the event, but still? Ryan Bader vs. Davis will most likely be a shit fight anyway and won't get anyone eager to order. It might actually have the opposite effect. When UFC put Eddie Alvarez/Porier on the pre-lims it was because they knew they would be throwing bombs.

Who is 0-0 Aaron Pico and why is he on the main card over everyone fighting a guy who is 8-2? Is he related to someone at Bellator or Spike?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    Chinzo Machida and Ryan Bader should be on the main card. Michael Chandler should be the main event. I know they are trying to get people to buy the event, but still? Ryan Bader vs. Davis will most likely be a shit fight anyway and won't get anyone eager to order. It might actually have the opposite effect. When UFC put Eddie Alvarez/Porier on the pre-lims it was because they knew they would be throwing bombs.

Who is 0-0 Aaron Pico and why is he on the main card over everyone fighting a guy who is 8-2? Is he related to someone at Bellator or Spike?
    Why should Chinzo be on the main card? Bader v. Davis I get that because they're more well known among MMA fans but these prelims are airing on Spike. So they want ratings to get there, and trust me, the idea isn't to draw people to the ppv with that fight. Pico was someone I wasn't sure about until someone in here told me he was a huge prospect so I assume that's why.

You think Chandler would draw like Fedor, Wanderlai, or Chael? Ask 5,000 random people on the street who Michael Chandler is and you'll probably find 1 that does.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Because maybe someone will confuse him for Lyoto and buy the ppv.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because maybe someone will confuse him for Lyoto and buy the ppv.
    haha, I guess.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    He's arguably the most intriguing mma prospect the sport's seen.

Natural Born Fighter

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to keep my ear to the ground because to be honest outside of today and the last time I brought him up months ago, I've never heard of him. Before, or since. But that's also because I'm so fucking distant from MMA these days I can barely keep up with the top 5 guys and not just the top 5 of each division I mean like the top 5 in general like McGregor, Jones, etc.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Someone on sherdog (I know, nonetheless) summed up his background heading into his debut..

Wrestling:
    As a freshman in high school, Aaron won the California State Championships at his weight class. He was undefeated on the season with no match being within 10 points. This is especially impressive as California does not have extra divisions depending on the size of the school like most other states. He was regarded as the P4P best HS wrestler in the country as a freshman.
    As high school wrestlers weren't a challenge and he did not have plans to wrestle in college, this was the last he competed in folkstyle (traditional American style) wrestling.
    He won Cadet National and World Gold Medals twice in freestyle wrestling (2012 and 2013).
    He won Junior Nationals twice and medaled at the Worlds both years taking Silver in 2014 and Bronze in 2015 (in 2014, he lost to 2016 Olympic Gold Medal Winner Hassan Yazdani-Charati 9-2 in the finals).
    He then moved on to senior level competiton competing against much older men. He took 2nd at the US World Team Trials at 65kg losing to Frank Molinaro in a best of 3, 2 matches to 1. Frank went on to take 5th at the Olympics.
    6 wins to 0 over reigning Hodge Trophy winner (collegiate wrestling's equivalent of the Heisman Trophy) Zain Retherford.
    Aaron has stated since his youth that he is a better boxer than a wrestler.

Boxing and Pankration:
    He won the national PAL championship in 2008 and was national junior golden gloves champion in 2009. He won most outstanding boxer at both tournaments.
    In pankration, he was a national champion in 2008.
    Won the golden cup European pankration championship.
    Won California state championships in both sports.
    Undefeated as an Amateur Boxer

He was training part time at AKA while still competing in Freestyle wrestling events for years until he officially retired from wrestling to focus on MMA in the spring of 2016.
    Also read he's been training not only at AKA but with Eddie Bravo on the ground and Freddie Roach standing up.

Here's the kid boxing 7 years ago..

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why should Chinzo be on the main card? Bader v. Davis I get that because they're more well known among MMA fans but these prelims are airing on Spike. So they want ratings to get there, and trust me, the idea isn't to draw people to the ppv with that fight. Pico was someone I wasn't sure about until someone in here told me he was a huge prospect so I assume that's why.

You think Chandler would draw like Fedor, Wanderlai, or Chael? Ask 5,000 random people on the street who Michael Chandler is and you'll probably find 1 that does.
    No, Chandler obviously wouldn't draw like the above mentioned, I mentioned that as a cynical fan.

Exactly the reason I would have Chinzo on the main card is because he is related to Machida and because he looked good in his last fight from what I remembered.

I have no idea who Aaron Pico is, even if he is a prospect. He has no professional fights. I consider myself a pretty up to date fan of MMA, I doubt any average or casual fan will have any idea who he is when ordering the PPV.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I have no idea who Aaron Pico is, even if he is a prospect. He has no professional fights. I consider myself a pretty up to date fan of MMA, I doubt any average or casual fan will have any idea who he is when ordering the PPV.
    Who said they would?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So basically we're looking at a kid who has that BJ Penn-type hype coming in to MMA? Sounds good to me. Interested to see what his hands look like now as opposed to when he was 11-13 years old.

Who's the other big prospect, young black dude I can't remember his name but I think he's had maybe 1 or 2 fights already. I can't even tell you what promotion, I just remember reading about a younger black dude who was coming in to MMA and he was some high level type wrestler.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by percussion13 View Post
    Who said they would?
    Nobody did. It's a partial response to a post I made in response to him saying Michael Chandler should be main eventing. Keep up slick.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Nobody did. It's a partial response to a post I made in response to him saying Michael Chandler should be main eventing. Keep up slick.
    He asked who Pico was and why was he main card. You gave a brief answer. His reply that casual fans wouldn't know him wasn't continuous at all a response, partial or not.

That would be keeping up, after all.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He asked who Pico was and why was he main card. You gave a brief answer. His reply that casual fans wouldn't know him wasn't continuous at all a response, partial or not.

That would be keeping up, after all.
    Your reply was odd though. "Who said they would?" Who said they wouldn't?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Your reply was odd though. "Who said they would?" Who said they wouldn't?
    Right. Who began any question that would beget his response. And no one would ask why they wouldn't, as that's obvious.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I think in a way dude is saying why put this guy on the main card with Phil Davis/Bader in a title fight on the prelims? Prospects making their debut on the main card of a ppv at MSG is pretty big and sets the tone for this kid to deliver, I get that, but I also get the idea that maybe this is too big of a spot for him and Davis/Bader, being 2 recognizable names in this sport, 2 of the top 5 guys at LHW in the World, are fighting on the prelims. But the prelims are on Spike so that's probably going to give them more eyes than what the ppv will....To which that I say, maybe they should have put this kid on the prelims, it'll get more eyes on him than the ppv buys will.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    They've invested in the kid. They're hoping he's their Jon Jones, GSP, Conor, etc. And here we are taking about him more than we would if he were just on the prelims.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've invested in the kid. They're hoping he's their Jon Jones, GSP, Conor, etc. And here we are taking about him more than we would if he were just on the prelims.
    Ah yeah I remember when GSP made his MMA debut at MSG on the main card while Chuck Liddell defended the LHW title on the prelims.

In all seriousness, I get it. Never said I didn't get WHY they were doing it. (and yes I know YOU didn't imply that I didn't know why they were putting him on the main card). And I think we'd be talking about this kid regardless but the fact that it's somewhat of a negative conversation "Why is this guy on the main card?" doesn't exactly mean it's a good thing...I think too many people are convinced "any publicity is good publicity" is a real thing. I'm sure you're not one of those people, we can just pretty much count on you saying the opposite of what I'm saying so no need to respond, just make a negative of my post and that's the majority of your replies.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    What?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just tell him to fuck off.

Pico looks like he has all the tools, just need to see how his chin holds up.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Is Aaron Pico the greatest prospect in MMA history?

This is the espn main mma headline story. Not Fedor, not Wandy, certainly not Phil Davis or Ryan fucking Bader. Not even Conor for now. This kid. And that's clearly not the lead Bellator should want to bury on the prelims.
    Last edited by percussion13; June 21st, 2017 at 6:55 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Rumor has it his chin held up better than Josh Thompson's..

But truly it will be thoroughly interesting to see how he handles the first time he gets clipped solid by a legit pro. His demeanor and whatnot make me think he'll be more alright than not. These gym rat wrestlers always seem to be made of granite, chin and all.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Just tell him to fuck off.

Pico looks like he has all the tools, just need to see how his chin holds up.
    Why don't you do it for him?

Pico will kick ass.

Is Aaron Pico the greatest prospect in MMA history?

This is the espn main mma headline story. Not Fedor, not Wandy, certainly not Phil Davis or Ryan fucking Bader. Not even Conor for now. This kid. And that's clearly not the lead Bellator should want to bury on the prelims.
    Definitely agree 110%. Once people realize WHY this kid is on the main card then it softens the blow. Plus, you have to think they want a big fight on Spike, Davis v. Bader 5 rounds for the LHW championship is a big fight I don't care if people like their style or not.

Rumor has it his chin held up better than Josh Thompson's..

But truly it will be thoroughly interesting to see how he handles the first time he gets clipped solid by a legit pro. His demeanor and whatnot make me think he'll be more alright than not. These gym rat wrestlers always seem to be made of granite, chin and all.
    Agree on that last part for sure, this kid seems to be ready to rock.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My point about Pico is I would have thought they would put him on a free Spike TV card where they might get a few million viewers and some exposure before they put him on a Bellator PPV. I don't recall a prospect ever going straight onto a main card PPV

remember, some people have to actually consider spending money on this, and casuals who realize there is a Bellator PPV on Sat night look at the card won't know who he is will just see that fight and think of it as a filler

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally could care less who is on the card

The card looks good, I don't know if I would buy it on PPV though (cross that, I definitely wont)

I am trying to find a bar around me that will play it

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't you do it for him?
    I'm not the one being dragged into yet another pointless back and forth with you.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ah yeah I remember when GSP made his MMA debut at MSG on the main card while Chuck Liddell defended the LHW title on the prelims.

In all seriousness, I get it. Never said I didn't get WHY they were doing it. (and yes I know YOU didn't imply that I didn't know why they were putting him on the main card). And I think we'd be talking about this kid regardless but the fact that it's somewhat of a negative conversation "Why is this guy on the main card?" doesn't exactly mean it's a good thing...I think too many people are convinced "any publicity is good publicity" is a real thing. I'm sure you're not one of those people, we can just pretty much count on you saying the opposite of what I'm saying so no need to respond, just make a negative of my post and that's the majority of your replies.
    I got a chuckle out of this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Davis vs. Bader might be the worst 2 fight series of all time. 40 minutes of shite. Bader with for me the worst title winning effort of all time.
    Last edited by Fanny Batter; June 24th, 2017 at 10:03 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah that was awful. Should have been a draw honestly, or at least defending champ should get the handicap benefit when a fight turns out as even and uneventful as this one.

Fortunately Bellator belts aren't actually world titles, as much as the promotion would like you to believe.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike Goldberg is fantastic. I think the welterweight division in Bellator is great, Rory with a fixed schnozz might be the best in the world.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aaron Pico did not live up to the hype.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    hahaha what a shit show.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite funny how James Gallagher is actually younger than Pico, has had actual fights to show he might have prodigal talent, but hasn't had the comparitive hype. Pico will need a long rehab process, but he is young and could do it. Can't see him fighting anybody else with an 80%+ win rate in the next three years. From tonight though, I got Bubba Jenkins vibes more than a young BJ Penn.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hate to say it but ND just teabagged the Aaron Pico hipsters itt.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh shit hahahaha poor Bellator.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    this card has gone from bad bad to funny bad.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I hate to say it but ND just teabagged the Aaron Pico hipsters itt.
    I don't understand being inflammatory here.

I'd think any mma fan would find the Pico story fascinating to watch for the sake of interest in the sport.

And Nash himself said, itt, that he thought Pico would kick ass.
    Last edited by percussion13; June 24th, 2017 at 11:43 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That stool move was the greatest night in the history of our sport.

Fedor and Wand to get knocked out now to go from bad bad to funny bad straight to sad bad.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the last emperor vs mitrione who reminds me of my older brother for some reason lol.

Also cant wait for the axe murderer vs chael "p" sonnen and the "p" stands for icon

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wasn't being inflammatory at all, just pointing out that his "why is this guy on ppv" response was fair enough.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Double knockdown now fucking hell! Sad that Fedor goes out on his back like so many legends. Mitrione's a good man to be fair.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what is this shit?? i wanna see chael vs silva??

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Wasn't being inflammatory at all, just pointing out that his "why is this guy on ppv" response was fair enough.
    There was always a fair argument to both sides of the kid being on the main card. So the result, in a sport as anything-can-happen as mma, has you (benignly) talking about teabagging people? Ok, mark.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the result was going to create a buzz either way. Retrospectively smart to have it on PPV considering Davis vs. Bader was terrible. It was entertaining. Predicting Sonnen by KO after landing the spinning back fist that led to his downfall 5 years ago.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I on drugs? Dave Navarro national anthem?!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chael just killed Bellator as a PPV entity. What a dull fight.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost knocked out twice with a guy with one knockout win. Pico's chin didn't hold up all that well this time around. Nor did his claims that he could be a worth champion level boxer.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no offence without defence. You can throw pretty heavy bag combinations all day but if you can't cope with what comes back you're not going to be successful.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    To be fair, his boxing credentials weren't simply pretty heavy bag YouTube videos. This was just a completely shit display of respect for his opponent.

Maybe he comes in with some concern for the other guy next time and he still gets tuned up, idk, but walking forward chin up like that against a game pro is always gong to lead to problems for just about anyone.

And I agree with Brendan Schaub, at 5'7 with a 70" reach, the kid should consider 145.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's sad to see that fedor couldn't be more finished. Absolutely flat footed, looked nothing like the Fedor of old. I really think that he is the BJ Penn of the heavyweight division. Always undersized and a remarkable record, dominant in a time when he was a two dimensional fighter in a world of one dimensional fighters who then stayed two dimensional when the sport became three dimensional. Rested on his laurels, didn't continue developing, relied on abilities that weren't what made him successful initially and probably should've retired instead of watching the sport pass them by.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -Well I never heard of Pico outside of this forum and probably won't again
    -Fedor fight was embarrassing
    -Chael fight made me feel bad for anyone who paid to watch 2 guys who are irrelevant in today's MMA in a humpfest. Chael winning like that did nothing other than piss people off considering their win didn't really even matter. I just wanted to see a good fight

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    It's sad to see that fedor couldn't be more finished. Absolutely flat footed, looked nothing like the Fedor of old. I really think that he is the BJ Penn of the heavyweight division. Always undersized and a remarkable record, dominant in a time when he was a two dimensional fighter in a world of one dimensional fighters who then stayed two dimensional when the sport became three dimensional. Rested on his laurels, didn't continue developing, relied on abilities that weren't what made him successful initially and probably should've retired instead of watching the sport pass them by.
    Fedor used to get his ass kicked throughout his career but his chin could hold up, now it can't

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like BJ Penn.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sadly yeah

although BJ didnt get tagged this often (maybe I didnt notice it as much, because he also dealt out punishment and was more dangerous)

I marked out in round 2 last night, but in round 3 we had gassed out BJ

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was one of the craziest cards ever.

Heath Hardy with a great debut.

Pico with a not so great debut.

Bader winning gold against Phil Davis in a not so great fight ha.

Michael Chandler losing his title because he rolled his ankle.

McGregor Jr looked great as usual.

Wanderlai being dry humped by Sonnen in the main event of their 2nd ppv only in the most famous arena in the world.

And of course, the hilarious yet sad Fedor v. Meathead fight.....This is how far our man Fedor has fallen people. Arguably the GOAT in many circles, and his last fight ever might be this future comedic knockout countdown shit.

Seriously....what the fuck was this show? And I say that using the word FUCK with a chuckle behind it. Pride couldn't have booked this better. Or Rizin haha.