Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 456585939495

Thread: Rajah Fantasy Football Discussion Thread

Legend
    RFF Championship Winner. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    We should pin an announcement on the top of the Football Forum along the lines of 'the only reason anyone would offer a trade is because they think they're getting the better end of the deal'
    I often made 2 for 1 deals because someone's squad was shit and I had my eye on a free agent. They get two reliable scorers, I get one strong scorer and a punt. It's better for me and better for them.

Left Wing Dream
    Hooo boy. The WhatsApp group is full of hot spreadsheet chat this morning.

Cannot believe not all 16 of us are in it yet.

The teams are all in the spreadsheet. The master player list is all up to date.

WE START TOMORROW!

LOL,LIKE IDK CATS. Peter Griffin's Avatar
    I don't have whatsapp and can't get it at this time so I won't be joining.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Reech View Post
    Hooo boy. The WhatsApp group is full of hot spreadsheet chat this morning.

Cannot believe not all 16 of us are in it yet.
    add me if you like.

Legend
    Being open, trading is a key part of fantasy sports games but for me it went way too far last year and contributed massively to me struggling to stay invested in the game. I'd hate to see it banned completely but it would be good if we could set down some guidelines or restrictions. Maybe that is only allowing one-for-one deals. Maybe we could make trades less attractive by making people have to hold onto the player for at least a month?

Or maybe just say up front that anything goes and whoever plays the game the best deserves to win.
    Appreciate you being open, and I agree trading is a key part of fantasy games.

Therefore I don't see how trades would affect you in the slightest. What is "going too far"? - nobody has ever given any real concrete reasons behind any frustration they had towards trades I made. Rip isn't playing anymore because he had enough with the whinging about it, we liked talking about potential players and I don't see why that should be an issue for anyone other than if we are to just plainly accept their own idealised outlook on how a fantasy game should be played. Chris similar - he asked me to come back twice because we had fun talking about it off the forum. If it doesn't affect you then why affect us? This 1 for 1 trade thing is nonsense. Not one of my trades has ever been vetoed and most of the time they work out in the opposition's favour, because I am bloody addicted to trading and often push for things just to trade for the sake of it.

The only trades that were actually cancelled by MMH last season were not mine, so clearly there wasn't an issue with the trades themselves. One-for-one deals is clearly going to benefit one side more over another more than 241 I would have thought - the only argument against this is that the one getting 2 should not be lazy in looking for squad players.

MMH clearly wants to change everything about the game anyway giving everyone a Euro player and making this league essentially even from the outset, so I don't blame him given all the pissing and moaning - but trading is one of the most fun parts for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reech View Post
    Can someone make an official 17/18 RFF thread please?
    I'm sure MMH will make one when he wants to.

World Champion
    I think you were the victim there of Chris Scott's prior reputation for poor trades in this and other fantasy games (possibly undeserved...?). Plus your own reputation from years ago about that incident that you don't like me talking about.

My only issue with trades is that you need all the teams to be equally invested in the game. If you've got that then it should only really be something utterly outrageous which gets vetoed. If you've got someone in there who doesn't really give a shit or is even happy to weaken their team in order to strengthen someone else's then it breaks the game, IMO.

If we can trust all 16 players to not be shits then maybe we don't really need to do anything.

We should pin an announcement on the top of the Football Forum along the lines of 'the only reason anyone would offer a trade is because they think they're getting the better end of the deal'
    Don't worry mate I've banned myself from doing trades on here and on our NFL fantasy too.

Thread Information