Page 97 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4767879596979899107127147 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NFL Thread

Intercontinental Champion BigAle's Avatar
    I live life on the edge...I tell angry women to relax
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    well as a reminder, these are the pics posted to social media by his girlfriend:

and wait, now I seem to be getting my dates mixed up. if this was last July then it was post-draft, yes? so he was already in the NFL. yea I really have no issue with the 6 games. I'm not going to say he should get off light on DV because guys before him also got off light. the Josh Brown and Ray Rice punishments were a disgrace.
    I hadn't seen those before, so I stand corrected. But still, if that was on social media why didn't the cops take those into account? I'm just more confused than anything by how the cops say they don't have enough to charge him.

Yeah, it was last July so definitely post draft. And like I said, that's 3 instances in the past year that weren't good for him to be involved in. I'm not going to say the sky is falling and he needs to get his act together, but he needs to get his act together.

Intercontinental Champion BigAle's Avatar
    I live life on the edge...I tell angry women to relax
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    To be fair he hasn't had a full healthy season really. If he stays healthy maybe this could be a decent trade for the Rams.

I don't see him staying healthy.
    I don't see it either. His foot always pops up to be a problem.

World Champion
    Seems like they finally got a domestic violence punishment right the first time. Took a few tries, but they figured it out.

This and the Watkins trade the same day. Crazy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAle View Post
    I hadn't seen those before, so I stand corrected. But still, if that was on social media why didn't the cops take those into account? I'm just more confused than anything by how the cops say they don't have enough to charge him.

Yeah, it was last July so definitely post draft. And like I said, that's 3 instances in the past year that weren't good for him to be involved in. I'm not going to say the sky is falling and he needs to get his act together, but he needs to get his act together.
    http://static.nfl.com/static/content...0000828569.pdf

Full letter from NFL to Zeke is there with all the details, for those who want them. In regard to why he wasn't charged:

“For the Ezekiel Elliott matter, I personally believe that there were a series of interactions between Mr. Elliott and (his accuser) where violence occurred,” Robert S. Tobias, principal assistant city attorney in Columbus, told USA TODAY Sports in October. “However, given the totality of the circumstances, I could not firmly conclude exactly what happened. Saying something happened versus having sufficient evidence to criminally charge someone are two completely different things. Charging decisions are taken very seriously and we use best efforts to conduct thorough and detailed investigations.”

So he says he believed violence occurred but not enough evidence. As the letter from the NFL states, not being charged with a crime isn't enough to let you off the hook with the league.

I'm very anti-Goodell and I think their discipline has been appallingly inconsistent but I agree with what The Law just said... they seem to have finally got a DV punishment right the first time so I'm not going to criticize them for it.

With that being said, I know the other side of the argument is that she has been caught lying about this stuff and isn't trustworthy and wanted to ruin his career. At this moment I don't know exactly what she's been caught lying about, or the full extent of that side of the argument, so I may change my mind if I find out more of that. But instant reaction is that with the 911 calls and the photos and texts to her family and medical records, there is enough here.

Aguayo waived by TB

Bust for now

World Champion
    Drafting a kicker high is a stupid thing to do. I said it at the time and a lot of people disagreed with me, but even if he'd turned out to be one of the best kickers in the league (he turned out to be one of the worst, shit happens) he probably still wouldn't have been worth that pick.

Just to reflect, things I shit on at the time:

-Bucs drafting Aguayo
    -The Eagles 2015 off-season
    -The Sam Bradford trade
    -The Cowboys drafting Ezekiel Elliott and the Jaguars drafting Leonard Fournette
    -The Carson Wentz and Jared Goff trades (the teams trading up to get them)
    -The RG III trade

Got most of those right? We'll see about Wentz. Elliott was great last year, we'll see about his ability to stay on the field. Goff looked fucking terrible last year, maybe he can improve.

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Drafting a kicker high is a stupid thing to do. I said it at the time and a lot of people disagreed with me, but even if he'd turned out to be one of the best kickers in the league (he turned out to be one of the worst, shit happens) he probably still wouldn't have been worth that pick.

Just to reflect, things I shit on at the time:

-Bucs drafting Aguayo
    -The Eagles 2015 off-season
    -The Sam Bradford trade
    -The Cowboys drafting Ezekiel Elliott and the Jaguars drafting Leonard Fournette
    -The Carson Wentz and Jared Goff trades (the teams trading up to get them)
    -The RG III trade

Got most of those right? We'll see about Wentz. Elliott was great last year, we'll see about his ability to stay on the field. Goff looked fucking terrible last year, maybe he can improve.
    You shit on the Jags drafting Fournette at the time the Bucs drafted Aguayo?

Even if you end up being wrong, that's really impressive.

That was a very odd pat-yourself-on-the-back post by The Law....

-Bucs drafting Aguayo - literally everyone on the internet shat on this.
    -The Eagles 2015 off-season - this was when McCoy was traded for a guy who had just missed a year to a torn ACL, yes? I seem to remember shock and dismay from everyone including Eagles players.
    -The Sam Bradford trade - literally everyone on the internet shat on this.
    -The Cowboys drafting Ezekiel Elliott (GOOD MOVE SO FAR) and the Jaguars drafting Leonard Fournette (TBD)
    -The Carson Wentz and Jared Goff trades (the teams trading up to get them) - both TBD
    -The RG III trade - I'll give you this one I guess

I mean props for the consistency of always shitting on teams trading up to the top of the draft for a QB. Surprised you didn't have Sanchez on your list as well.

Thread Information