TJ Dillashaw v. John Lineker

Prelims (Fox Sports 1)

Jonny Hendricks v. Neil Magny (WW)
    Dong Hyun Kim v. Tarec Saffedine (WW)
    Mike Pyle v. Alex Garcia (WW)
    Louis Smolka v. Ray Borg (FLW)

Prelims (Fight Pass)
    Tim Means v. Alex Oliviera (WW)
    Antonio Carlos Junior v. Marvin Vettori (MW)
    Brandon Thatch v. Nico Price (WW)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Go ...

Nunes
    Garbrandt
    Cain
    Lineker

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man I don't know. Each fight I could really see going either way.

Nunes
    Cruz
    Cain
    Dillashaw

Ask me next week it'll probably be Rousey, Cody, Cain, Dillashaw. The 2 title fights I'm on the fence about. Dom is great, but Cody has insane power plus he's fast. Nunes is dangerous as fuck but we don't know what kind of Rousey we're going to get. Will she bounce back to form-or be better, or was her mental broken so badly with her first ever MMA loss that she will crumble?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Was just putting out who I'm rooting for, not necessarily predictions.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by percussion13 View Post
    Was just putting out who I'm rooting for, not necessarily predictions.
    Ok? Your point?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    That was my point. My point to your response of looking at them like predictions.

Why the defensiveness?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My post wasn't really in response to any of your choices though so who cares if they're predictions, who you're rooting for, etc.?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    My post wasn't really in response to any of your choices though so who cares if they're predictions, who you're rooting for, etc.?
    My bad then. Didn't realize this ...

Oh man I don't know. Each fight I could really see going either way.
    ... directly following my post was just you talking to yourself. Carry on then, bud.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I took you saying "GO" followed by a list of names you wanted to win the fights....That's why I said I don't know, I could see them going either way, meaning I don't really know who I'm pulling for, who I think will win. Me saying "wasn't really in response to your choices" I was meaning I'm not dissecting your picks like you put money down on those 4 fighters and think they will 110% win the fight.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #TeamRousey

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got Nunes. Her strengths are Ronda's weaknesses whereas her weaknesses don't really benefit Ronda's strengths. She hits hard, has good BJJ, keeps range well, and is in no rush over the 5 round distance. Ronda thrives in the chaos of a scramble or exchange and his ludicrous killer instinct, but avoid that chaos and she's very flawed. She doesn't set up takedowns particularly well and will eat shots to get them, and her lateral movement when striking isn't good. The X factor is whether Nunes can maintain her composure or whether she'll rush her work and end up in Ronda's wheelhouse. That was the key for Holm, she had advantageous positions but kept composed, didn't rush in when she stung Ronda, didn't stay in her guard. This is women's MMA though where brainfarts are seemingly more profound, so I wouldn't be at all shocked to see Nunes bullrush and end up in an armbar. It'll be fun while it lasts anyway. Nunes by TKO in 2.

Cruz vs. Garbrandt is a great fight. I love Cruz's style, unique experience watching him work. Garbrandt will either knock him out or be perfect to just embarrass. He's got big power and excellent timing on his big shots, and he's quick. But he loads up on shots, hasn't been tested over the distance, and has fought mostly easy to hit fighters so far. He's done it impressively, but Cruz stopped Mizugaki too and Almeida has poor defence. So he's very much unproven. So was TJ Dillashaw though before Barao. You never know. I've got Cruz by submission/decision, he's got great fight IQ and while Cody may train BJJ he has very little fight experience on the mat. Cruz survives a rough first round, finds Cody's rhythm, times his takedowns, wears him out and picks up a rare sub or Cody holds on for a decision loss.

Velasquez vs. Werdum 2. Cain is injured coming in, we know that. He'll be out a considerable time and shelve the heavyweight title AGAIN if he wins. But he's clearly, on form, the best heavyweight we've seen yet in MMA. Werdum pieced him last time but the fight was closer than I remembered early, just Werdum was often landing last in the exchanges with his knees. That drained Cain, then he got picked at from the outside and submitted. It's a close fight to call but if Cain works his takedowns smartly to avoid the guard he has to be considered the favourite as he's smothering on top and Werdum can gas. Going Cain by TKO in 2 but if he's not on top form Werdum can get him again.

Dillashaw vs. Lineker, bull vs. matador. I hope little John wins but TJ is super talented, fast, awkward and dynamic. He doesn't get hit a lot and he's getting better. Him and Cruz will be a great, great fight the second time round with Dillashaw having the experience of fighting someone like Cruz and figuring his style out, coming on strong late. But Lineker hits HARD. He had a taste of a frustrating fighter in Dodson last time but Dodson doesn't put volume on like Dillashaw. If Lineker is to win it would be to hurt Dillashaw in an exchange, get him chasing the fight to open the body shots. I can't see it though I would love it. Dillashaw wins comprehensively by decision or late stoppage.

Smolka vs. Borg should be a wild one. Both aggressive grapplers. I've got Smolka by decision based on workrate and getting the better of the stand up.

Johny Hendricks in the last chance saloon against Neil Magny. Going from world champion to a 0-3 (1-4 and 2-5) dropout with a cancelled fight due to failed weight cut, and another failed weight cut against Gastelum, would put paid to his career you would think. His famous power hasn't put anybody out in 4 years. He's convincingly only won 1 fight in that time too. So odd considering that fight against GSP where he looked absolute world class. Magny is hittable but has a gigantic reach advantage so it's a tough fight. I'm leaning Magny since Hendricks seems checked out of the game and this will be his flat swansong. Magny on points.

Dong Hyun Kim on the prelims too. The forgotten man of the division, only lost to the champ and perennial top 5 contenders. He's a great grappler with some decent wins, 2 fight win streak. Doesn't fight enough. Tarec Saffiedine is his opponent, last winner in Strikeforce history. Some solid wins, some disappointing performances. Doesn't fight enough but is a little more active this year. I'd go DHK by decision, hopefully looking good enough to earn a big fight.

Mike Pyle vs. Alex Garcia. Garcia looked like a machine in his debut, like Hector Lombard. Had high hopes for him and he hasn't lived up to them. Mike Pyle has taken a lot of head trauma though so I expect Garcia to catch him early by knockout. Pyle shouldn't be fighting at this stage, 41, nowhere near contention, suffering many knockouts.

Shoeface vs. Vettori is filler. Shoeface by submission at a guess.

Tim Means vs. Cowboy Olivera fuck yeah. Could be a crazy one. Too rangy strikers, gritty with solid submission games and hard chins. Taking Means by finding the body, wearing his man down and sneaking in a choke.

Brandon Thatch gets what should be a showcase fight if he's back to his early form. A lot of talent but seems a bit chinny.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumors are flying that JDS has agreed to fill in for Cain V if he in fact can't make it next weekend. That's a baller. But Cain I believe will still show up. Just sucks. The dude is probably the greatest HW of all time but he barely fights.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cain is out and they're not replacing the fight. He should have done it a month ago so at least it wouldn't be too short notice to get Werdum to agree to another fight. AKA is ridiculous, the Arsenal of fight camps. For those keeping score at home, he's left Werdum high and dry within a month of them fighting THREE TIMES now. If I'm Fabricio I'm never signing to fight him again, he has cost him about 500k in base pay just this year alone.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Velasquez, but this is getting ridiculous already!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody can say that Cain is the best heavyweight fighter of all time. He hasn't shown up, he hasn't fought enough people, he hasn't beat enough people. It's like saying that Overeem would be the best HW fighter of all time if he had a better chin.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ariel Helwani's thoughts on Rousey's media ban are interesting...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    She's going to have to be tranquilized to fuck or locked naked in a padded room if she loses this fight.

I absolutely hope she loses this fight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    She's going to have to be tranquilized to fuck or locked naked in a padded room if she loses this fight.

Didn't she say she contemplated suicide after she lost to Holm? That's ridiculous.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Right, but the thought of having Travis Browne's baby saved her ... or some such nonsense.

I think there's a distinct possibility she may actually shit herself during ring intros.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

All day long. I want her to go away for good. WWE can have her.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Werdum says he will fight anyone. JDS said that he would step in, but I imagine that the UFC won't allow that as they already have JDS propping up a weaker card. Wonder if they'll be able to get anyone in last minute. This is the third time that Cain has wasted countless thousands of Werdum's money personally by pulling out of a fight late (if anything this was a bit more bizarre as he seemed intent of getting himself pulled out of the fight so that he could say that he didn't pull out of it himself), Cain should get WAY more hassle for being unreliable than Aldo does. In fact AKA as a whole needs shutting down and their practices completely scrutinising. DC, Rockhold and Cain all pulled out of fights late notice AGAIN and their other highest profile fighter is Khabib for fucks sake.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Cain gets plenty of shit for it, and rightfully so. It can't be coincidental this AKA injury epidemic. Out of the 3 top guys, they've been signed to fight 8 times between them this year and managed just a fight each (the irony of course that 2 of those were against short notice opponents). That's just not good enough. Werdum twice out of pocket, Jacare, Rumble Johnson. Late pull outs too. I don't think injuries in general are the problem, they're not out for extended times, they just can't get through fight camp. Something needs to change there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Werdum says he will fight anyone. JDS said that he would step in, but I imagine that the UFC won't allow that as they already have JDS propping up a weaker card. Wonder if they'll be able to get anyone in last minute. This is the third time that Cain has wasted countless thousands of Werdum's money personally by pulling out of a fight late (if anything this was a bit more bizarre as he seemed intent of getting himself pulled out of the fight so that he could say that he didn't pull out of it himself), Cain should get WAY more hassle for being unreliable than Aldo does. In fact AKA as a whole needs shutting down and their practices completely scrutinising. DC, Rockhold and Cain all pulled out of fights late notice AGAIN and their other highest profile fighter is Khabib for fucks sake.
    Cain never ruined a ppv by pulling out last minute so no, he shouldn't get more hassle for it than Aldo.

And with the exception of Khabib those are all world champions and current top contenders so it would be tough to argue that AKA needs to change. It is one of, if not THE premiere fight club in the world.
    Last edited by Mark Hammer; December 26th, 2016 at 2:54 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    Cain never ruined a ppv by pulling out last minute so no, he shouldn't get more hassle for it than Aldo.

And with the exception of Khabib those are all world champions and current top contenders so it would be tough to argue that AKA needs to change. It is one of, if not THE premiere fight club in the world.
    No? UFC 180 he was the main event of an otherwise fairly horseshit card and he pulled out 3 weeks before the card. UFC Fight Night 82, Cain was again the main event and pulled out 13 days before the fight, which led to another lackluster card.

Aldo pulled out of UFC 176 against Mendes a full month before the event was scheduled and he pulled out of UFC 189 twelve days before the card. Its not on him that the UFC wasnt organised with a replacement.

The two cases are incredibly comparable.

With the exception of Khabib they are all world champions and current top contenders? Khabib is very much a current top contender.

Someone did a detailed breakdown of the most injury prone camps and found that AKA were indeed the most injury prone of all the camps, which is only made worse by the fact that many of their injury pull outs were from main event cards and title fights.

Attachment 1089

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Cain pulling out made the Superbowl weekend card into a TV fight. 180 went from a well hyped title fight between him and Werdum at 180 to an interim title fight. Not QUITE on the level of Aldo as he also forced a reshuffle to that card that became Silva vs. Bonnar, but close.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No? UFC 180 he was the main event of an otherwise fairly horseshit card and he pulled out 3 weeks before the card. UFC Fight Night 82, Cain was again the main event and pulled out 13 days before the fight, which led to another lackluster card.

Aldo pulled out of UFC 176 against Mendes a full month before the event was scheduled and he pulled out of UFC 189 twelve days before the card. Its not on him that the UFC wasnt organised with a replacement.

The two cases are incredibly comparable.

With the exception of Khabib they are all world champions and current top contenders? Khabib is very much a current top contender.

Someone did a detailed breakdown of the most injury prone camps and found that AKA were indeed the most injury prone of all the camps, which is only made worse by the fact that many of their injury pull outs were from main event cards and title fights.

Attachment 1089
    Clumsy choice of wording on my end regarding Khabib. I meant with the exception of Khabib they are all world champs and still currently in contention.

Werdum/Hunt was a godsent as was Mendes/McGregor but the latter was the result of some legitimately underhanded shit. Aldo tried to sabotage Conor, whereas Cain is simply fragile. Cain deserves (and receives) plenty of shit as he is a serial puller-outer but it pales in comparison to Jose Aldo's history.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really doesn't. It is very comparable.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fact for the record Chris Weidman has a terrible history of pulling out of fights too. He's pulled out of as many as Aldo, from less scheduled fights.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cain lost his first championship because he didn't pull out when he should have. I can understand his thought process as frustrating as it might be. But how many of his pullouts were when he was champ and an entire card rested on his shoulders? One vs Werdum as far as I remember.

Now how many times did Aldo pull out while reigning champion?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus, how many times do you want to microscope the focus of your argument down?

It doesn't matter. Aldo was a champion a lot longer, he had a lot more title defences than Cain, he's had almost twice as many fights as Cain. The sample size isn't comparable. Aldo fights more frequently than Cain and his injuries don't tend to keep him off the shelf as long and therefore a lot of his fights get rearranged. The point is that Aldo is not alone in being injury prone, the likes of Cain and Weidman are too and are deserving of just as much shit as Aldo gets. You're the main one that shits on Aldo's injury record around here, so let's see you give some to Cain and Weidman too.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nobody said shit about Aldo being the only one who is injury-prone. You said and I quote 'Cain deserves more hassle than Aldo' which is laughable.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cain should get way more hassle than Aldo in this particular incident, yes. This is the third time that he has pulled out late notice against Werdum and the second time that Werdum has not been able to get another fight arranged. Especially this time when it was patently clear what Cain was doing. He went and spoke in an interview about how he was injured and how he needed surgery and how he could barely stand up for longer than 15 minutes. It was plainly obvious that he was wanting to be pulled out of the fight so that he didn't have to do it himself AGAIN. This is three times that he has cost Werdum a training camp and money. How long has he known about this one? If he had pulled out a few weeks ago its highly possible that this fight could've been saved as Werdum could've taken a different opponent. Yet I don't see anyone posting about how Cain is ducking Werdum (who actually has a 1-0 record against Cain), compared to the amount of people who claimed that at 0-0 Aldo was ducking Conor.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So in other words Cain should get more hassle because poor Werdum, not because he's been more detrimental to an entire division.

I agree that it sucks for Werdum. I don't agree that Cain deserves more hassle than Aldo.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    And nobody thinks Cain is ducking Werdum because he's actually fought him. Aldo tried avoiding Conor altogether via Chad Mendes on like a week's notice when he was unproven vs wrestlers.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cain has definitely been more detrimental to the HW division than Aldo has to FW. Aldo has beaten pretty much every contender in his division with the exception of the one that he is now lined up to fight, he defended his title 10 times against 8 different contenders. Cain is consensus the GOAT in the HW division, but can't prove it because he's fought four people in more than 5 years...let that sink in again, he has fought 4 different fighters in 5 entire years...and he's lost to two of them.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way Mark, I don't agree with you, but I can see your argument. However, thanks for having a rational and reasoned discussion on the topic without feeling the need to resort to insults or ridiculous exaggeration. There is no reason why it can't work like this in here and across the forums.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    And avenged one of those losses with conviction twice, his other loss he was winning before gassing out and will/would likely win the rematch vs Werdum.

Also I'm pretty sure Fedor is most people's consensus HW GOAT.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    By the way Mark, I don't agree with you, but I can see your argument. However, thanks for having a rational and reasoned discussion on the topic without feeling the need to resort to insults or ridiculous exaggeration. There is no reason why it can't work like this in here and across the forums.
    Of course. I appreciate you acknowledging it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that he was winning the fight with Werdum and in my opinion he gassed in large part because Werdum was hitting him clean to the face repeatedly. Much like the Mendes vs McGregor match. I am not sure that he would/will win the rematch, I think that Werdum is a bad style match up for him. The only thing that I think that stands in Cain's favour is that Werdum is an odd-ball, sometimes he just doesn't turn up.

I can't see how realistically Fedor could not be anyone's HW GOAT if you take into account what they actually achieved rather than what they could have. When he went 31 fights realistically undefeated he was taking some can fights in that, but he was also fighting Cro Cop, Big Nog, Mark Hunt, Andrei Arlovski. Guys who at their prime would've peaked in the top 3-5 of the UFC HW rankings and a handful of others who would've made the top 10 around the time they faced Fedor (Sylvia, Rogers etc). I don't see anyone else who achieved that level of success over such a sustained period of time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I forgot to mention, pertaining to Cain having fought only 4 fighters in 5 years, Overeem would have been 5 had he not shit the bed vs Bigfoot so you can hardly blame Cain for that.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johny Hendricks, again. 173.5
    Last edited by kangus; December 29th, 2016 at 3:09 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ridiculous and predictable by Hendricks. What a fall from grace. World champion after that ridiculous Fitch-Koscheck-Kampmann-Condit-GSP-Lawler stretch where he beat (and arguably beat in GSP's case) 6 of the top 20 welterweights of all time in a little over 2 years, to missing weight 3 times in 14 months and possibly being put on a 3 fight losing streak by a guy who was a 2-2 in the company TUF filler at the time when he won the belt. Crazy sport. He talked a good game about making weight too so fuck knows what he's playing at.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With that said, Ronda looks in fantastic shape.

And so does her opponent, probably the only time we'll see Mark Hammer root for a Brazilian against a whitey:

And fuck Hendricks. He's missed weight more times than Barnett's pissed hot.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listen to this fuck, this is what he gets for being such a prick. I never liked this fuck.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/12/2...utting-contest

I love that he says "I can't wait to make 170" lol. Before that he's like "people who say that I'm past my prime or say that are people who don't compete" The fuck kind of answer is that lol. Ariel is great. Hendricks comes across as fucked up on some drugs.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    In all fairness Ronda does look fit as fuck in that picture.

Still looking for Nunes to cave her fit head in, but kudos to her there nonetheless.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Her body is in definite great shape but she looks very tired and emotionless. I haven't seen the video but from those pics I see no fire in Rousey at all. Hopefully that is just a bad pic because I am pulling for her.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With that said, Ronda looks in fantastic shape.

And so does her opponent, probably the only time we'll see Mark Hammer root for a Brazilian against a whitey:

And fuck Hendricks. He's missed weight more times than Barnett's pissed hot.

Ronda looks amazing. Not sure why she's fighting a dude. Doesn't seem fair for him.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    Her body is in definite great shape but she looks very tired and emotionless. I haven't seen the video but from those pics I see no fire in Rousey at all. Hopefully that is just a bad pic because I am pulling for her.
    You try cutting weight and then come back and comment about how you feel afterwards.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Oh I have no doubt it is demanding beyond belief but if it is going to drain you that physically for a major fight/main event (not to mention a comeback fight your future career will most likely be judged on) the question would be is it worth it to either party? I don't follow UFC closely so I don't know if she was rushed back, if she is doing this just for a pay day or what. I would think her legacy would be a lot of what she is fighting for at this point so if getting back into that type of shape so quickly could possibly harm her chances (if she really is zapped) I am not sure why she would do it unless pressured into it. Even then, this is one of UFC's biggest draws so I don't see Dana putting a marquee star in jeopardy.

Again, I am judging by the pics posted alone but Nunes looks like she is ready to eat Ronda while Ronda looks like she was forced on stage against her will.

Does anyone have a link to the weigh in?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Oh I have no doubt it is demanding beyond belief but if it is going to drain you that physically for a major fight/main event (not to mention a comeback fight your future career will most likely be judged on) the question would be is it worth it to either party? I don't follow UFC closely so I don't know if she was rushed back, if she is doing this just for a pay day or what. I would think her legacy would be a lot of what she is fighting for at this point so if getting back into that type of shape so quickly could possibly harm her chances (if she really is zapped) I am not sure why she would do it unless pressured into it. Even then, this is one of UFC's biggest draws so I don't see Dana putting a marquee star in jeopardy.

Again, I am judging by the pics posted alone but Nunes looks like she is ready to eat Ronda while Ronda looks like she was forced on stage against her will.

Does anyone have a link to the weigh in?
    The majority of fighters look depleted and bothered at weigh ins. Cost of doing business.

And Ronda hasn't been rushed into anything here at all. She's had a nice long layoff and so all the time in the world to get in the best shape she could going into this fight.

She's just a moody cunt.

Here she is at the official and then ceremonial weigh ins...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Yeah, those were just a couple of bad shots. She still got fire in her eyes.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Looking forward to this. Been out of the loop with UFC for years because I didn't have the channel that shows it over here. Now I do.

Kinda pulling for Nunes here, but I do have a soft spot for Rousey, despite her not coming across too well lately.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Oops. Wrong thread.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Looking forward to this. Been out of the loop with UFC for years because I didn't have the channel that shows it over here. Now I do.

Kinda pulling for Nunes here, but I do have a soft spot for Rousey, despite her not coming across too well lately.
    Nothing lately about it, she's always had a terrible attitude.

But alas, I'm still looking forward to it. I kind of hope Nunes wins and retires Rousey for good but honestly it won't hurt my feelings if Ronda wins.

Kind of flying under the radar is one of the top p4p kings and my favorite UFC champ outside of Conor defending against yet another Alpha Male. Cody Garbrandt is a tough out but I have a hard time picking against Dominic Cruz.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I don't see Cody winning this fight. Cruz is very good, underrated in the top fighters of this era conversation-probably just due to inactivity but still when he does fight, he's hard to fuck with. Wish this was TJ v. Cruz though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by kangus View Post
    Johny Hendricks, again. 173.5
    Wow. And this is the guy that people claimed retired GSP.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn View Post
    You try cutting weight and then come back and comment about how you feel afterwards.
    This is the first Torn post in an MMA thread in years! Remember how angry we got at each other over Rampage/Rashad? Good memories.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Torn used to piss me off to no fucking end but in a good way lol.

Mark, check that link I posted a few posts back. It's a fucked up sounding Hendricks just sounding mega butt hurt about everything in his life, just comes across as a complete prick, and this is like the day before or 2 days before weighing in.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I will listen but I haven't forgotten his '70% power' temper tantrums when he lost to GSP so I'm well-aware of his character.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Am I not scoring these right?

Definitely had Hendricks taking that one easily

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He should have.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Dillashaw is such a sincerely unlikable shithead.

He's a wicked talented unlikeable shithead.

But such an unlikeable shithead.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Cruise looks like he is coming to fight to kill.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Terrific first round for Garbrandt there.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Cruz can just take a beating. Fuck. Garbrandt is trash talking the living shit out of him.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cruz not looking the same here at all

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Garbrandt needs to stop showboating so much.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Garbrandt needs to stop showboating so much.
    That shit bugs me

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    As a casual fan, Garbrandt looked like a fucking star. What a fight.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Great fight, even better result. Such good shit.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Less like Amanda and more like "a man, duh"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    That shit bugs me
    In the long run it didn't cost him but if Cruz could have gotten one lucky shot in he would have had 2 times where he could have finished Cruz but chose to dance instead.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    get this done in 1 Ronda!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    See you at Wrestlemania 33 Ronda. Vince just opened his checkbook

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus.

Well, Charlotte vs. Ronda at Mania then.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Holy shit.

That was destruction

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Well that followed the script nicely.

First, you get the sugar darkhorse's Avatar
    then you get the power, then you get the women
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was quick

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amanda reminds me of the crossdresser in Con Air.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Ronda reminds me of Forrest Griffin facing Anderson Silva.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Come to think of it CM Punk put up a better fight.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronda should have held off for a month on this. Trump would have had Nunes arrested and deported midfight. No way he lets some Mexican dude beat up on a woman.

I'm Spinning Around! sam_elmendorf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well fuck, that sucked

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too soon to start booking Punk/Rousey vs. Hunter/Steph for Mania 33?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post
    Ronda should have held off for a month on this. Trump would have had Nunes arrested and deported midfight. No way he lets some Mexican dude beat up on a woman.
    Trump is all about winners though, ya?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronda won so much that she got tired of winning.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Homegirl better hope WWE still cares about her. Jesus tap dancing Christ, that was brutal.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    nice eventful card to finish off the year. cody/cruz was a really good fight. very interested to see cody's first defense, assuming against dillashaw, and to see if cruz is just as dominant as usual in his next fight. nunes came off really well. hard not to feel any schadenfreude given ronda's attitude.

President of sex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Nunes is most likely going to retire two fighters in a row? Title holders in the division no less? Incredible.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    To be fair, from a competitive standpoint that was a hell of a sight. She knew from the first landed punch that she had nothing to offer, but she's been raised a successful competitor who's sadly bought in to allll the nonsense about her that she didn't have a reasonable off button. So we just saw her there stuck in this competitive limbo getting tuned up wickedly.

Hope she has the right people around her tonight and for the next few days, or more.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the intrigue gone from WBW though. Everybody other than Nunes is dull as shit.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time for Rousey to retire. Make movies, do WWE. Only going to hurt her credibility worse if she continues to fight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Time for Rousey to retire. Make movies, do WWE. Only going to hurt her credibility worse if she continues to fight.
    I'd have to agree. Pretty hard to envision her trying to make another comeback

Ooh he's written it down.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edmund in the back, currently telling Ronda that she was robbed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even I can tell she was way out of her depth. What the hell happened to her? I thought she was the most gifted of all and now people are saying she was never really that good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Even I can tell she was way out of her depth. What the hell happened to her? I thought she was the most gifted of all and now people are saying she was never really that good?
    Great fighters with great records almost always run into a defeat at some point and the more humbling the loss the more shocked the fans become because they've bought into the hype of invincibility that these fighters build up. Because they've never prepared themselves for the eventuality of such a loss they inevitably begin to question everything that attracted them to the fighter in the first place. It's ridiculous because they've seen the fighter and been blown away time and time again only to be so dumbstruck by their defeat that their only recourse is to assume they overestimated them. It's what happened when Anderson and Fedor lost and it's exactly why GSP retired when he did.
    That sort of loss is natural and the fighters must expect it eventually but I cannot imagine how demoralising fan backlash is as a chaser to an ass kicking.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    Homegirl better hope WWE still cares about her. Jesus tap dancing Christ, that was brutal.
    in what world do you think the WWE would stop 'caring' about rousey as a potential draw? come on.

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post
    Amanda reminds me of the crossdresser in Con Air.
    Three times on one page. Then one more for good measure.

This face runs the place
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was glad to see RR and her team did literally no work on her standup for one damn year. Same straight ahead approach that got he knocked out last year. Standing straight up and down with her head dead center ready to get knocked off her body.

Her team should be ashamed as they were just fluffers instead of guys who actually tried to help her improve.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronda is the Brock Lesnar of women's MMA. Brought mainstream exposure to the sport, a complete pioneer, but ultimately a very limited and one-dimensional fighter and the game moved beyond her VERY quickly. Not helped in any way by her insistence on remaining at an absolute dogshit camp who have clearly not worked on her stand up at all. She was exposed by a much better more well-rounded fighter. If Rousey had been working on her defensive striking to be able to get her key weapon (her Judo clinch game) into play, the fight MIGHT have looked different, instead she was taking punches straight on to the face with no resistance whatsoever. She will almost undoubtedly retire now.

Nunes was excellent and can we stop this misogynistic bullshit in here? She's a lesbian and a great fighter and like many lesbians and most female fighters, she can look a bit butch, I don't know why that's something that needs pointing out. There are lots of effeminate looking men in the world who don't get a huge amount of abuse for it.

Garbrandt unfortunately looked excellent, which is unfortunate because he's an absolute cock. I think that was one of the worst examples I've seen of Joe Rogan swaying the domination of the fight via his commentary. It was a pretty comfortable win for Cody, but there was only one clear round and that was round 3. The 48-46 call was a pretty good shout I'd say, Joe's commentary, for the most part would make you think that there was only one person in it. Tough to know where Cruz goes from here. I think Dillashaw vs Grabrandt makes sense and would probably be a pretty interesting fight. It's funny but this might be a case of one of those triangles where Cody has the beating of Dom, Dom has the beating of TJ and TJ has the beating of Cody. It's all about styles. I was very impressed by Garbrandt in the cage, he had a much more diverse game than I thought, his movement was great, very clean and powerful punches and I was surprised by his cardio, I thought that he would burn out in the later rounds. Had a great fight plan and showed good fight IQ. Shame he had to come off like a bell end with the showboating.