Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Mae Young Classic

You also think Shayna Baszler is money. She is an anti-draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    You also think Shayna Baszler is money. She is an anti-draw.
    How far do you think Shayna Baszler will make it in the tournament, Mark?

Here for the Horsewomen JRSlim21's Avatar
    Somebody get this freakin duck away from me!!
    Saying Shayna isn't money because of her MMA work is like saying Goldberg isn't gonna be a big deal because you've seen him play in the NFL.

This face runs the place JT4104's Avatar
    My only question and I don't care who won or lost but did Candice larae at least bust-out one ballsPlex?

Intercontinental Champion
    So I read this on the front page this morning.

"There were people within WWE who were not happy at the participante of the women's tournament because they were not "hot" and weren't good looking enough for WWE standards. Reportedly, WWE did give some of the women makeovers."

If true, that is some pretty superficial crap and pretty much sums up the bullshit that Hunter deals with on a daily basis when building a brand.

Award Winning Radishes
    It's surprising and pretty appalling that that's still an issue. It's not even as if half of them, probably, are sticking around after the tournament. Can they really be that far out of touch with what wrestling fans want to see from a wrestling show?

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    considering the amount of shit nia jax has gotten on here just inside the raw threads, i think you grossly over estimate the non-douchebag factor of the audience.

I'll say this and most people inside the WWE will back this up as we've heard it from t.v. producers and everyone down the list.....This isn't 1975. Image has more to do with selling your product than some apparently realize. I would bet there is a small % of women who turn on Smackdown and see John Cena v. Kevin Owens and think "Man, that Kevin Owens, I'd fuck the shit out of that guy!" "John Cena....he's alright I guess...." Just a generic example but it's how t.v. has been presented for decades. Usually guys get away with being ugly as fuck way more than women obviously and I don't know too many male wrestling fans clamoring for women to look more like Rachel Dratch than Margot Robbie. I'm sure you guys out there in love with Alexa Bliss are mainly about her personality and character work, right? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

FOR SURE talent should be above looks and to be honest, why this report shocks a single fan is beyond me other than this is the world we live in.....I'm actually more sick and tired of the fans who hear a story like this and go "OH MY GOD VINCE WTF IT'S 2017!" Well, in 2017 we have more self-absorbed people than ever before. If I hear/read about more 400lbs. chick tatted up wearing a size 2 bikini and how she's above the haters and this is me!!! I'm going to fucking savate kick someone in the neck Haku style. And it's people like you cats going "Boo hoo looks are still important!?" that are actually a bigger problem because you're acknowledging they're ugly or whatever haha.

Main Eventer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I'm going to fucking savate kick someone in the neck Haku style.
    This made my Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    considering the amount of shit nia jax has gotten on here just inside the raw threads, i think you grossly over estimate the non-douchebag factor of the audience.
    I don't think there's a women's match/segment that goes by without some running commentary on here about how someone's either ugly or they want to drown in their ass.

Thread Information