Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WWE Mae Young Classic

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

WWE Mae Young Classic

Dirty Dave Meltzer says it's happening and WWE is putting together the group of women who will be competing. If this is as good as the CWC, it could be awesome and just what WWE needs to replenish its women's division in nxt and on Smackdown. Obviously nothing has been announced yet, but I think it could be fun to speculate as to who will be in it. I'm guessing there'll be loads of indie girls, some returning stars, and a few Japanese women. My guesses for a few girls:

Veda Scott - just left ROH and has Cedric and KO who praise her. I wouldn't doubt she's already signed up for it.

Kimber Lee - She was at the recent tryout and is a pretty solid worker.

Candace LeRae - Mrs Johnny garganno. Easy sign up, I think.

Santanna Garret - one of the hottest free agents in the game, been on NXT lots of times.

Any other guesses? Anyone you'd wanna see come back?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Viper, Kay Lee Ray, Jinny, Nixon Newell and Dahlia Black.
    TAPS AFF!

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should just call Dave Prazak and let him book this like Heyman did with One Night Stand.

Cheerleader Melissa, Madison Eagles, Nicole Matthews, Veda Scott, Vanessa Kraven, Mercedes Martinez, all of the Josh's Girls, it could be amazing.

But most importantly LuFisto. My god what an inspirational story that would be.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Crazy Mary Dodson had a dark match this week. I am cool with Vyper.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the recent NXT Takeover, Mickie James is probably a lock. Maybe Lita or Victoria if they wanted to bring in some "Legends" who can work. Hell, what's Madusa doing? Give her a call. Bury the hatchet and have her come in to do a first round job to someone who might win or go far.

Picture it, Madusa hits the ring for her first-round match. She's on the stick, the NXT Women's Tournament Trophy is there, on a pedestal. She's shit talking her opponent and says "Well, I'll tell you one thing, sweetie. When I win this tournament, this thing isn't going in the trash." She gets in the ring, jumps her opponent, gets pulled off by the ref, bell rings, and whoever her opponent is rolls her up for a flash pin. Big upset and really cool way to start things out.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Madusa is 52 years old.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    Madusa is 52 years old.
    Fair enough. But, she's still hot and she can still come back and do a 45-second promo/match to put over a younger starlet.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nicole Savoy was a definite shoe-in, but she tore her ACL recently so...

Shotzi Blakheart though (another Bay Area wrestler) would fit right in w/ this and easily stick out.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I want ODB.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love this kind of stuff. Barely know any independent female wrestlers, but if this is like the CWC and they're going to tell their stories it will be awesome. Love seeing wrestlers get opportunities and be treated with respect by the company and the fans.

Mickie James should definitely be in there. Victoria is a good idea. Would love to see Molly Holly. Wonder if Jacqueline can still wrestle?

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of all of them, only Mickie is really in any kind of ring shape these days. If they model it after CWC, then it'll be much more about younger talent with an international focus. Io Shirai, Nicole Matthews, Kay Lee Ray, Kimber Lee, etc.

Women's wrestling has very seriously left that old generation in the dust in terms of training and skill. The old guard really have no place in the new generation.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few weeks ago Meltzer said Shirai and Hojo are likely not signing. I wonder if this means they'll do the tournament like Ibushi and then head back to Japan or not be in it at all.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Jazz still in ring shape? Haven't heard much from her lately on any independents. Be kinda cool to see her come back and work with some women who don't suck in the ring.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Surely Jacqueline is 50 odd too.

I also know of no females on the indy scene. But yeah, this excites me.

Simon
    Nixon Newell is on the verge of signing with the WWE apparently.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They should just call Dave Prazak and let him book this like Heyman did with One Night Stand.

Cheerleader Melissa, Madison Eagles, Nicole Matthews, Veda Scott, Vanessa Kraven, Mercedes Martinez, all of the Josh's Girls, it could be amazing.

But most importantly LuFisto. My god what an inspirational story that would be.
    Considering Shimmer is about to go bust financially, i'd definitely hire up Prazak to help run this and then keep him on at the PC. I imagine loads of those Shimmer girls will also need the work.

Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Crazy Mary Dodson had a dark match this week. I am cool with Vyper.
    Good shout. She's also a signed talent, so it would make sense to use her.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    After the recent NXT Takeover, Mickie James is probably a lock. Maybe Lita or Victoria if they wanted to bring in some "Legends" who can work. Hell, what's Madusa doing? Give her a call. Bury the hatchet and have her come in to do a first round job to someone who might win or go far.

Picture it, Madusa hits the ring for her first-round match. She's on the stick, the NXT Women's Tournament Trophy is there, on a pedestal. She's shit talking her opponent and says "Well, I'll tell you one thing, sweetie. When I win this tournament, this thing isn't going in the trash." She gets in the ring, jumps her opponent, gets pulled off by the ref, bell rings, and whoever her opponent is rolls her up for a flash pin. Big upset and really cool way to start things out.
    Mickie is obviously still in great shape and if Victoria is still working like she did in TNA, I could see her in this to do a second round loss.

Absolutely not do I wanna see Madusa try and work a match 20+ years past her prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    I want ODB.
    Me too. HUGE fan.

Is Jazz still in ring shape? Haven't heard much from her lately on any independents. Be kinda cool to see her come back and work with some women who don't suck in the ring.
    She's the NWA Women's champion actually and competed in CHIKARA's king of trios tournament just a few months ago

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheerleader Melissa and Veda Scott have to be in the top 10 possibilities. ODB would be cool to see. I know Angelina Love is wanting a piece of the action. I remember reading some rumblings of 2 top Japanese women possibly signing with the WWE but then I heard that was either BS or the negotiations fell through especially with 1 of them who may or may not have heat with Asuka. I would think Mickie James would definitely be part of this unless she signs and goes immediately to Raw or Smackdown which would honestly be a smart decision as she has nothing to really gain from this and could do way more positives going to the main roster and feuding with Charlotte, Sasha, Naomi, etc.

Still...they'll never have the luxury of having this lady grace a WWE ring:

Megumi Kudo motherfuckers!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post

These 2 pictures were in every wrestling magazine for months. I remember seeing the second one and being especially freaked out by it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to get her and Akira Hokuto confused because there was a match where they both wore similar white tattered gear. So I see Akira in WCW a couple times teaming with Bull Nakano and/or wrestling Madusa for the Women's title. Plus she's the wife of Kensuke Sasaki so he would be in her corner or vice versa. Invented the "Snow Plow" as American fans know it. Anyway...so I also thought she was the death match chick, just never really paid attention to the names until I saw ICP's Stranglemania and they have that death match with her on it and I'm like, wait, is that Akira Hokuto? Later found out nope, just kind of had similar attire at times.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about Hamada? I loved her in TNA. Wish they had done more with her.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to see a return from Jazz. She was badass.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, this is kind of annoying. It's like if they had announced the CWC and everyone started posting, HOLY SHIT IS JIMMY WANG YANG GONNA BE IN IT?!

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    He should have been. I don't expect too many lucha or Japanese talent appearing. There is a lot of good to great women out there, so it will be interesting to see if they go with old names or focus more on new talent.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Would be great if they put one of the trans luchadors (the proper name escapes me) in this.
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Would love to see a return from Jazz. She was badass.
    Agreed, really liked her matches with Victoria and Trish.

Apart from the one or two vets they may put in this, not gonna know many people in this thing so looking forward to learning.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, this is kind of annoying. It's like if they had announced the CWC and everyone started posting, HOLY SHIT IS JIMMY WANG YANG GONNA BE IN IT?!
    Shut up. It's a message board, sorry it's not all about Cewsh Reviews and shit that's already set in stone. If it's annoying, go back to your cave and don't participate lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am surprised they didn't put a few more old guys in the CWC. Didn't really matter for those purposes, but I think it's been a mistake not having veterans in the cruiserweight division (other than Kendrick). I think it would have made it easier for people to follow if there were guys they already knew in the division. And you have the old guys put over the new talent to show the new guys are better. Instead it was just like starting a new comic book series with a bunch of new characters you'd never seen. And the crowd hasn't really cared.

Go to DMC! Go to DMC! Saintevil's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's too bad they haven't had the cruiserweights interact much with the main roster. Since they aren't as established, that would be a good way to get them some exposure and maybe even do a match with them. Bo Dallas could lose to a guy like Cedric Alexander.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there were a lot of mistakes with the introduction of the Cruiserweight Division. It was brought in totally cold, they didn't do packages telling you who guys were. Perkins wasn't a terribly compelling character and the writing for him (with all the video game references) was terrible. I didn't think the Kendrick "I'm washed up, let me win" storyline was a good idea. They did some stupid booking where Kendrick and Perkins were losing before their big pay-per-view match (but they do that in every division).

I think the biggest thing that they're missing that WCW had to make their division work was Rey Mysterio. He was just fucking electric back then. So fast and athletic and smooth. He got over instantly. And they had great opponents for him in Psicosis, Dean Malenko, and Ultimo Dragon. Those guys were all really distinct in their own ways, it was easy to keep track of who each guy was.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shut up. It's a message board, sorry it's not all about Cewsh Reviews and shit that's already set in stone. If it's annoying, go back to your cave and don't participate lol.
    What are you talking about? What is set in stone?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you talking about? What is set in stone?
    You said this is annoying, pondering who might be in this. So I'm sorry we're not just talking about things that are already set in stone and we're talking about something that WILL happen we just don't know who's in it. You never once thought, damn who's going to be in the Royal Rumble? Or who's going to come to my birthday party?

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant that it's annoying that people are only talking about stars from the early 00s, instead of the great young talent around the world right now. I think you misunderstood.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant that it's annoying that people are only talking about stars from the early 00s, instead of the great young talent around the world right now. I think you misunderstood.
    I apparently did because you were pretty general but I get it that you assumed everyone knew you just meant talent from the early 00's. I think that has to do with the fact the CWC had Tajiri and Brian Kendrick, even having Kendrick win the CW title shortly after TJ did.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheerleader Melissa and Veda Scott have to be in the top 10 possibilities. ODB would be cool to see. I know Angelina Love is wanting a piece of the action. I remember reading some rumblings of 2 top Japanese women possibly signing with the WWE but then I heard that was either BS or the negotiations fell through especially with 1 of them who may or may not have heat with Asuka. I would think Mickie James would definitely be part of this unless she signs and goes immediately to Raw or Smackdown which would honestly be a smart decision as she has nothing to really gain from this and could do way more positives going to the main roster and feuding with Charlotte, Sasha, Naomi, etc.
    You're probably thinking of Shirai and Hojo who were the two big names supposedly signing. Meltzer said they had second thoughts and are probably going to stay in Japan. I haven't heard about either of them having heat with Asuka, but I do remember reading that Asuka had burned allot of bridges with the women's promotions in Japan. Wish I could find that blog because I don't know if it was a rumor or not.

How about Hamada? I loved her in TNA. Wish they had done more with her.
    Hamada's not in particularly good shape and she's been using this pseudo MMA style for years that's incredibly stiff. Lots of spinning backhands and kicks to the head. I don't know if she's that safe to work with anymore. I remember a match Hamada wrestled a couple yrs. ago where she didn't use a single suplex until she went for her Finisher (Michinoku Driver) and then botched it. Dropped the poor girl she was wrestling straight down on her head. Really sloppy.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone else who replied did understand it, but I apologize if I was vague.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone else who replied did understand it, but I apologize if I was vague.
    Sure.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, i thought there were some rumblings about Yang awhile back and some of us that like the guy were kind of interested in seeing him back.
    See, i didn't realize that's what you meant. Thought you were just giving folks shit for the past talent they liked. And here, to be fair, a lot of us probably aren't familiar with the great young female talent out there so it's easier to get hyped about seeing our old favorites. Definitely a good part of it for ms is seeing the new (to me) folks and not knowing what to expect from them and all that. My wife is hyped just because it's women for starters.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know Cewsh was/is the man when it comes to promotions like Shimmer so I'm sure he has a vast knowledge of who's the shit and who sucks.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Mickie is obviously still in great shape and if Victoria is still working like she did in TNA, I could see her in this to do a second round loss.

Absolutely not do I wanna see Madusa try and work a match 20+ years past her prime.
    See, in what I proposed, Madusa wouldn't have to actually work a match. She cuts a promo, Pear Harbor's the other chick and then gets pulled off by the ref and pinned. Position her like a Brian Kendrick- type and have her hype the fact that she's making a comeback and she's going to show all the new, young women of NXT how its done. But instead of having a Kendrick-like renaissance and comeback, she gets too cocky and gets beat. Then, I don't know, have her host a special on the evolution of women's wrestling for the Network. Give it a round table presentation with her, Trish, Lita, Charlotte, and are Moolah or Mae Young alive? There's plenty they could do with her. I wouldn't propose at all making an out of ring shape 52-year old Monster Jam driver work any kind of match. But just an angle and then using her for something could be kinda cool.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Triple H confirms the tournament is happening, likely this summer:

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/hh...matches-228586

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on the track record with the CWC and the UK Tournament, I'm very interested to see what HHH can come up with. He basically had Regal with him for both tournaments in terms of scouting, yeah? Very interested to hear about the details about it.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Somebody get this freakin duck away from me!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder who ends up being the scout for this. They have Death Ray and Sarah Stock there, plus I'm sure Asuka could put in a recommendation for any Japanese talent.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Did Velvet Sky drop off the radar after Bubba-Ray Dudley got released?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope Candice LeRae Gargano is a part of this thing!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope my girl Nicole Savoy is healed up and ready by then; she would be awesome in this.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Accy View Post
    Did Velvet Sky drop off the radar after Bubba-Ray Dudley got released?
    Didn't he just decide not to sign a new deal? Or am I misremembering?

This is excellent though. My expectations are justifiably high for this.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Velvet Sky is still around. She literally just posted a couple new hot pics of herself on Instagram. I had a chance, she dates some fugly looking dudes.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Somebody get this freakin duck away from me!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bubba Ray is going to smack you.

I believe Velvet essentially has given up on dreams of going to WWE because she, paraphrasing her words, isn't that good a wrestler

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe Shayna Baszler will get in on the tourny. I know she had a tryout a few months ago.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bump

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Continuing from the posts in News & Notes since this thread was bumped and could use some more discussion.

There shouldn't be any main roster women, but there should definitely be a couple newer NXT women there. Ruby Riot, the eventual Kimber Lee, Kairi Hojo(and Io Shirai if she's definitely coming), and maybe someone they've barely used but has potential like Daria Berenato or Mandy Rose. Other than that it should all be new talent, whether they're already signed or not.

How would everyone like to see the presentation? Do they make it a weekly show like the CWC or do it in full card bursts via live broadcasts? The Finals should be live regardless, but I think I would appreciate live broadcasts with bigger cards as opposed to stretching it out over hour long episodes. I'd be down for a 2-hour show a week. But to be honest, having a 2+ month period where there was an awesome wrestling show to watch every week was pretty exciting.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Official announcement and information from WWE.com:
    http://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-annou...er-wwe-network

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See, in what I proposed, Madusa wouldn't have to actually work a match. She cuts a promo, Pear Harbor's the other chick and then gets pulled off by the ref and pinned. Position her like a Brian Kendrick- type and have her hype the fact that she's making a comeback and she's going to show all the new, young women of NXT how its done. But instead of having a Kendrick-like renaissance and comeback, she gets too cocky and gets beat. Then, I don't know, have her host a special on the evolution of women's wrestling for the Network. Give it a round table presentation with her, Trish, Lita, Charlotte, and are Moolah or Mae Young alive? There's plenty they could do with her. I wouldn't propose at all making an out of ring shape 52-year old Monster Jam driver work any kind of match. But just an angle and then using her for something could be kinda cool.
    Hey Hunter, you can still have my idea.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump Asuka up to the main roster and make this tournament for the NXT women's title since she apparently can't be beat.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really, really hope Candice LaRae is a part of this.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was thinking about the commentary team earlier. I hope they go with the traditional male team rather than going "all female" with it. I kinda feel like using women to commentate would make the show seem like a "female version" of what the guys do, rather than making it seem like their equal. I think having one female doing colour with like Lita alongside Mauro Ranallo could work well.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KCCO View Post
    Bump Asuka up to the main roster and make this tournament for the NXT women's title since she apparently can't be beat.
    This is exactly what I think is going to happen, especially after introducing an updated belt.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the tournament was for the title, the title should've been unveiled at the finals, like in the CWC.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO, if they want Asuka to go up to the main roster on her back and have that one loss....Have it be against the winner of the tournament. But make sure before you do that you sign that person. I have a feeling they wanted IBUSHI to win that CWC but once he turned down the contract they switched gears and gave it to TJ. IBUSHI was clearly the most hyped, strongest competitor, probably the best of the bunch IMO but he likes being a free agent.

Not saying I want her to win but I really really want to see Cheerleader Melissa in this tournament.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking about the commentary, I think the really important thing is somebody who knows the women who are going to be in the tournament. In addition to Daniel Bryan's natural charisma, what made him so great during the CWC was that he had wrestled a lot of the guys in the tournament and was really familiar with their work. So I don't know who they have who would be a really big fan of women's indy wrestling (might be Bryan, wouldn't shock me). I don't know if Sara Del Rey has done commentary before, but she would be the type who'd expect a really deep knowledge of the women in the tournament.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Thinking about the commentary, I think the really important thing is somebody who knows the women who are going to be in the tournament. In addition to Daniel Bryan's natural charisma, what made him so great during the CWC was that he had wrestled a lot of the guys in the tournament and was really familiar with their work. So I don't know who they have who would be a really big fan of women's indy wrestling (might be Bryan, wouldn't shock me). I don't know if Sara Del Rey has done commentary before, but she would be the type who'd expect a really deep knowledge of the women in the tournament.

I think WWE should go the Invicta FC route. For those who are unfamiliar, Invicta is an all female MMA promotion and they have a male commentator who's pretty educated but then they have Julie Kedzie, a former fighter with 10 years of experience and has fought most of the top women of her time, very intelligent analyst. So maybe they get Mauro or Jim Phillips as "lead", but then SDR will be like a Julie Kedzie or Joe Rogan type.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Who's gonna make the sandwiches?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Who's gonna make the sandwiches?
    That's the gimmick match.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lita's done commentary before. Just saying.

Give it to Daniel Bryan and Lita. Maybe have Trish Stratus or someone there as part of an opening, non-wrestling episode of the tournament to give a rundown on who the women are, where they've wrestled before, and what makes them important.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lita did commentary 15 years ago though and she sucked which is why she did like 2 shows if that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Sara Del Ray injured? Could she be in the tourney?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She could be. She's a trainer at the Performance Center.

I don't remember Lita doing commentary but I wasn't impressed with her work on the pre-show panels I saw her on. Stumbled over her words a lot, kept interrupting people.

Andy
    Rene is a decent commentator but I'd be surprised if she has a knowledge of the women's Indy scene.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I just want to see woman who are not the skinny WWE body type. I want to see variety.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I just want to see woman who are not the skinny WWE body type. I want to see variety.
    Do they even have it as their type anymore?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that's what its called.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Didn't they just make fun of Mae Young at the PPV?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're rehired JR too, so

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Didn't they just make fun of Mae Young at the PPV?
    That was an homage.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean like Nia Jax?

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And nattie

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And super neck Ruby Riot

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Ruby Riot is kinda cute.

I would.

Not to mention she can fucking GO. Been looking at some of her stuff from the indies.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dig Ruby Riot so far.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I think Ruby Riot is kinda cute.

I would.

Not to mention she can fucking GO. Been looking at some of her stuff from the indies.
    Ruby is the cutest in my book.

Meh
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm definitely going to try to score tickets, anybody else?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Will Candice LeRae be in this?
    She just competed in an NXT battle royal...

Last edited by Bill Casey; May 24th, 2017 at 1:06 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The crowd booed the shit out of whoever eliminated her as well I was pretty surprised they were that into her. I know the crowd is pretty smarky but again, I was surprised at how well known she is even w/ the NXT crowd.

Meh
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still insist it is a crime that her entrance didn't make the broadcast, as she got the biggest pop of the night. As in the entire night of tapings, her surprise entrance got the loudest reaction of the WHOLE night.

I hope she's in it.

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a good lineup.

Shayna Baszler (Indie, former MMA)
    Sage Beckett (Indie, former TNA as Rosie Lottalove)
    Bianca Belair (NXT pure)
    Marti Belle (TNA, Indie)
    Tessa Blanchard (Indie, NXT enhancement)
    Vanessa Borne (very slightly Indie)
    Taynara Conti (NXT pure)
    Serena Deeb (Indie)
    Kavita Devi (NXT pure)
    Lacey Evans (NXT pure)
    Rachel Evers (Indie, NXT enhancement)
    Jazzy Gabert (Indie, aka Alpha Female)
    Santana Garrett (Indie)
    Reina González (NXT pure)
    Dakota Kai (Indie, aka Evie)
    Abbey Laith (Indie, aka Kimber Lee)
    Candice LeRae (Indie)
    Xia Li (NXT pure)
    Sarah Logan (Indie, aka Crazy Mary Dobson)
    Mercedes Martinez (Indie)
    Renee Michelle (Indie)
    Piper Niven (Indie, aka Viper)
    Kay Lee Ray (Indie, appeared on NXT once)
    Ayesha Raymond (Indie)
    Rhea Ripley (Indie)
    Miranda Salinas (Indie)
    Kairi Sane (Indie, aka Kairi Hojo)
    Nicole Savoy (Indie)
    Toni Storm (Indie)
    Princesa Sugehit (Indie)
    Mia Yim (TNA, Indie)
    Zeda (NXT pure)

Really looking forward to seeing Baszler, Sane, Savoy, Storm, and Gabert. Chuffed to see Serena Deeb back. LeRae everyone wanted to see, which is nice. Then we have some solid enhancement girls, former TNA talents, and some brand new fresh young NXT whippersnappers. This should be very good.
    Last edited by Mr McGregor; July 13th, 2017 at 10:11 PM. Reason: For mth

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A mod should totally rename this thread...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nicole... SAVOY!!!

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Serena Deeb, Excellent. Though last I heard she retired two years ago, I assume she has been in the loop about this for a while and been trainig etc.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    A mod should totally rename this thread...
    Boop.

Wife and I watched the Live parade thing. She's pretty stoked without knowing a damn thing about anyone.

Didn't expect Serena Deeb in the mix, nice surprise. I know who maybe 4 or 5 of these women are and most of those only by name, I'm really pretty unfamiliar with just about all of them. Would appreciate any info on who to look out for, maybe attach their better known indy name, who's going to be a possible winner, etc. Those of you who can educate an ignorant guy like me, it would be appreciated.

I believe Cewsh said he was gonna do a rundown in the blog?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Qualifying Match, and Female Referee...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About half really great choices and half eye roll worthy rookies. Still, so excited to see LeRae, Alpha Female, Hojo, Martinez, Yim and Belle in a WWE ring.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Boop.

Wife and I watched the Live parade thing. She's pretty stoked without knowing a damn thing about anyone.

Didn't expect Serena Deeb in the mix, nice surprise. I know who maybe 4 or 5 of these women are and most of those only by name, I'm really pretty unfamiliar with just about all of them. Would appreciate any info on who to look out for, maybe attach their better known indy name, who's going to be a possible winner, etc. Those of you who can educate an ignorant guy like me, it would be appreciated.

I believe Cewsh said he was gonna do a rundown in the blog?
    Yep! Starting on this tonight. Full rundown.

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Casey View Post
    The sound of that hair whip at 03:15

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    So not really a spoiler but Ronda and the rest of the mma horsewomen were in attendance last night.

Now I want a horsewomen vs horsewomen match in any form asap!

thanks
    TAPS AFF!

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the deal with separating Scotland and England, but England waving the UK flag? They did this at the CWC too. No great shakes obviously, it just triggers the pedant in me.

I've never heard of the 'England' lady, Ayesha Raymond. Had my fingers crossed for Alex Windsor or Jinny Couture, or both, but another 6ft gal should be interesting. No doubt they'll have most of the NXT signees go over anyway.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a little disappointed there is no former talent in the tournament, like they did with Tajiri and Brian Kendrick (I don't think Serena Deeb counts; she made no impact and was not around long). I was hoping for Molly Holly or Victoria.

Its a minor nickpick, though. I'm looking forward to it. Bianca Bel Air could be something special.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulling heavy for LaRae.

Honestly, she is the only name I even recognize in this tournament.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wondering if anybody here will cry when they crown the champion like they did with the CWC.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of question is that?