Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Logan

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    The Dark Knight is sooooooo overrated. Yes I'm a broken record but it keeps being brought into this discussion and probably all superhero movie discussions as some kind of litmus. Logan is much better.
    How is it overrated? It's overexposed, but overrated doesn't seem right. It has plenty of detractors at this point. A lot of people prefer Batman Begins.

I don't think the argument is simply about TDK being the best superhero movie of all-time anyway, tbh. It's the litmus because it cemented the idea of a superhero movie that insisted people stop saying it's really good ... for a superhero movie, and instead just say it's a really good movie.

For some people Spider-Man 2 had already done this and brought the idea into inception. For many like myself, Begins did this and made it the hallmark. But on the scale of general movie goers and critics, TDK punched that idea thoroughly home, and that'll always be its place.

And then some people just genuinely find it to be their favorite/best superhero movie of all-time, and more power to 'em because it's hardly a wacky idea, as it was great.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    How is it overrated? It's overexposed, but overrated doesn't seem right. It has plenty of detractors at this point. A lot of people prefer Batman Begins.
    Overexposed is a better word. It was good and a fun movie most of the way through but it didn't have the 'realism' that BB (and Logan) had. I went in thinking it would be like it's predecessor but it turned into cartoon comic book mode pretty quick and I couldn't get fully invested in it. I know plenty like me prefer Begins but it isn't discussed in the same light as TDK and i can't put my finger on what people could enjoy more about that movie.

Banned
    Honestly I think its because of the hype when the movie came out, and it didn't disappoint most.

Plus all the Joker avatars made this place fun. Mine was the best: Joker Cena performing an STFU.

I didn't think TDK was cartoony at all. There were moments of James Bond-like outlandishness, but cartoony is too extreme. Begins had those same moments. Everyone seems to have different opinions on which movie in the trilogy is the most comic book-like.

The Dark Knight gets talked about the most because it was a pop culture phenomenon. Ledger's Joker played a big part in that, but the marketing took it to the next level as well. Then the movie delivered on the hype.

Boyd Holbrook was great as well. Can't help but think he'd do terrific as Gambit.

Cruiserweight Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Got out of work early, no kids to pick up. Sitting in the theater now waiting for Logan to start. I've heard good things. Can't wait!

Banned
    I'm curious why Gambit hasn't been a more prominent character with any spin-offs. He was my favorite X-man growing up and still one of the coolest, concept-wise.
    Last edited by Mark Hammer; March 24th, 2017 at 3:56 PM.

Cruiserweight Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    I'm curious why Gambit hasn't been a more prominent character with any spin-offs. He was my favorite X-man growing up and still one of the coolest, concept-wise.
    I read somewhere Channing Tatum is supposed to play Gambit in a Gambit movie.

Thread Information