User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AJ Styles' Best Matches of All Time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by McBain; October 8th, 2016 at 2:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honourable mentions:

Two more:
    Last edited by McBain; October 8th, 2016 at 4:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    =11

Last edited by McBain; October 9th, 2016 at 3:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 write ups and not a word! No opinions on any of these matches, people? Anyone surprised at any of the entries so far? Anyone watched a match they'd not seen before and been disappointed or pleasantly surprised?

Speak your brains!

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    That Ultimate X match was the first match I saw from him. I remember thinking the concept was a little dumb, but damn if I didn't think Styles looked like a star along with Sabin and Williams. Loved it

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hadn't seen any 2005 TNA matches listed in the past few posts, so I don't have a lot to add. The X Division match looks good. I am not a fan of Abyss, so I doubt I go back and watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    That Ultimate X match was the first match I saw from him. I remember thinking the concept was a little dumb, but damn if I didn't think Styles looked like a star along with Sabin and Williams. Loved it
    Yeah it's like a match mixed with a kiddy play gym but makes for some great action. All three men were great in their day, shame Sabin had bad luck with injuries.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember the very first time I actually saw TNA. I knew who they were via wrestling mags and the internet so I had visuals just never saw any actual footage. I was out of a job and a friend of mine calls me up at like 230 saying TNA is on Fox Sports and it's about to start around 3. Shortly after 3 I tune in and the first thing I fucking see is Petey Williams hit the Canadian Destroyer on Chris Sabin and I was like, FUCK YES. Then I think that same fucking show they had DDP return, then a commercial for the first ppv ever and it had Hall and Nash and one was siding with Jeff hardy, the other with Jeff Jarrett. I was straight up hooked for about 10 years after that lol. Seriously, Petey Williams, underrated as fuck. You can talk about all these X division guys but without ultra heel Petey Williams in the mix it didn't matter. He deserves way more credit than he gets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    =11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone worried this is going to continue being TNA heavy, there are only 3 more TNA matches left in the top 10.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully there are some NJPW matches coming our way soon. That said, LAX was incredible. I miss those guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be.

Yeah big LAX fan.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    LAX were such a wasted opportunity. Both Homicide and Hernandez could have EASILY been world champ and Konnan was over like gangbusters. I will forever hold a grudge for them pissing away a perfect stable like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be cracking into the top 10 this weekend.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this dead?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. Busy at the moment and my candidate to write up number 10 couldn't do it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude had to make a last minute change to add the Ellsworth match from last night.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Nope. Busy at the moment and my candidate to write up number 10 couldn't do it.
    Awesome.

What is the match at #10, maybe I could do it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    LAX were such a wasted opportunity. Both Homicide and Hernandez could have EASILY been world champ and Konnan was over like gangbusters. I will forever hold a grudge for them pissing away a perfect stable like that.
    EASILY? I don't know about that. Individually neither guy was as over as the collective group. I mean, could Enzo and Cass EASILY be World champion? In terms of tag-teams, LAX was the shit especially with Konnan as the mouthpiece. But to say either of those could EASILY be World champion, that's a stretch. Maybe as time went by they could have but at LAX's peak I don't think anyone other than probably you and those mentioned in that stable saw World championship material. I always liked Homicide but his move set really cheapened the reality of pro wrestling because he was the size of Rey Misterio and he's busting out all these power moves he saw in Japan and it just didn't really look believable when he'd bust out a Tiger Suplex into a Diamond Cutter on a guy the size of Samoa Joe.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cass I can see as world champ, though he's years away. Enzo not so much.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Cass I can see as world champ, though he's years away. Enzo not so much.
    Just going by size yeah I could see Cass. Enzo just screams like a guy who doesn't need even a US/IC title run to have a great career but it wouldn't hurt. Shit I just want to see them and The Club finally get a tag title run.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    EASILY? I don't know about that. Individually neither guy was as over as the collective group. I mean, could Enzo and Cass EASILY be World champion? In terms of tag-teams, LAX was the shit especially with Konnan as the mouthpiece. But to say either of those could EASILY be World champion, that's a stretch. Maybe as time went by they could have but at LAX's peak I don't think anyone other than probably you and those mentioned in that stable saw World championship material. I always liked Homicide but his move set really cheapened the reality of pro wrestling because he was the size of Rey Misterio and he's busting out all these power moves he saw in Japan and it just didn't really look believable when he'd bust out a Tiger Suplex into a Diamond Cutter on a guy the size of Samoa Joe.
    Homicide is a great wrestler, superb actually. His ROH title win was a genuine mark out moment for me. He could have been a champ in TNA, but he was never good on the mic and it hurt him. Having Konnan around could have done him a lot of good.

Hernandez not winning the world title during the height of his supermex run was absolutely idiotic. That dude was 100% TNA original and he was OOOOOVER like a motherfucker.

im not saying they should have been world champs AS LAX, I'm saying that both men were good enough to be world champs down the line, but TNA pissed a lot of it away by not letting LAX Abe as dominant as they should have been and selling each guy as being as serious of a contender as they were.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Mcbain, if you need another write up lemme know and I'll jump in

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Homicide is a great wrestler, superb actually. His ROH title win was a genuine mark out moment for me. He could have been a champ in TNA, but he was never good on the mic and it hurt him. Having Konnan around could have done him a lot of good.

Hernandez not winning the world title during the height of his supermex run was absolutely idiotic. That dude was 100% TNA original and he was OOOOOVER like a motherfucker.

im not saying they should have been world champs AS LAX, I'm saying that both men were good enough to be world champs down the line, but TNA pissed a lot of it away by not letting LAX Abe as dominant as they should have been and selling each guy as being as serious of a contender as they were.

TNA did seem to be positioning Hernandez for a really big big push, even sending him down to Mexico at one point to kind of build a big fanbase down there I assume? Don't get me wrong, loved LAX, thought Homicide and Hernandez did have an upside but I don't know if they would have been good World champions in TNA. I respected Homicide's work in ROH, I didn't see much of it as it happened, mostly after the fact, thought the match with Danielson was good even though I hated how it ended with a clothesline...sorry...LARIAT. Pet peeve sorry. One thing I hate that was taken from Japan was doing 100 big fucking power moves and then the move that wins it was a clothesline. Most of the guys I see do it have string bean arms not JBL, Stan Hansen trunks for arms killing a dude.

Anyway.

I wonder why AJ never won the ROH World title. I guess he just wasn't around enough to really want to put the belt on the guy since he did spend more time in TNA, even winning the NWA title a few times.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    He's never been full-time ROH as far as I know.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He was always TNA first and then the Rob Feinstein thing happened and he left ROH till he went back with New Japan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mcbain, if you need another write up lemme know and I'll jump in
    I was trying to find it on Cewshs site too but it's hard to navigate. You didnt list it so not sure you can help? Ideally I would watch it again so I could do it but got all sorts on currently.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The old reviews are archived on CewshReviews.com, but it isn't set up to show them. Go to Cewshreviews.blogspot.com. On the right it's sorted by the year and month the show was held.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been looking at the numbers again and it looks like there's another match tied in at 11 after all (guessing that actually makes it a 3-way tie for 10th?), which puts the cat amongst the proverbial pigeons. I blame people listing dates rather than event names for that!

Rest assured this countdown will eventually conclude, but it's turned into a bit of a headache.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    I've been looking at the numbers again and it looks like there's another match tied in at 11 after all (guessing that actually makes it a 3-way tie for 10th?), which puts the cat amongst the proverbial pigeons. I blame people listing dates rather than event names for that!

Rest assured this countdown will eventually conclude, but it's turned into a bit of a headache.
    No worries. These things happen. The lists are a lot to tabulate and put the time forth for. I look forward to the final product.