User Tag List

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Summerslam 2016 Thread

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you really consider Cesaro a new guy though? I mean we're talking about a guy who's been on the main roster for 4 years now. Former US champion. One of the most underrated and he's over with the fans, been over for a couple years now even as a heel. Sheamus....I like the dude, but he's kind of looked like a scrub these days, even when he had the World title I was like...why the fuck is this guy getting a run? No matter how short lived it was it was still a run. So I don't really see the light at the end of the tunnel.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I see this similar to the Benoit-Booker T series where they were both fighting for a TV title shot. Of course, this series isn't actually for a title shot but I imagine the winner will get pushed further in the US title hunt at least and perhaps even a reign too.

Sheamus is basically being used to get the newer stars over, and by putting together a series like this, it seems they are wanting to get Cesaro further over. Of course, WWE will need to keep that consistent though and don't drop the ball with him like they did before.

Naturally they'll cross paths again, but that's WWE booking for you. Not very often do matches feel that fresh anymore because everyone's faced each other that many times unless it's newer guys coming in.
    Yeah would have been better if Foley said the winner gets a future shot at he universal title.

Anyways I like these series and I don't mind it being best of 7.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Would you really consider Cesaro a new guy though? I mean we're talking about a guy who's been on the main roster for 4 years now. Former US champion. One of the most underrated and he's over with the fans, been over for a couple years now even as a heel. Sheamus....I like the dude, but he's kind of looked like a scrub these days, even when he had the World title I was like...why the fuck is this guy getting a run? No matter how short lived it was it was still a run. So I don't really see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    I think you're spot on, but I suppose there's always the dangling carrot that this time WWE will push the guy we actually like for more than five minutes. This time.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not "new" so much, more that he's been getting more exposure lately and they want to continue that run. Yes he was over, but this is the first time that it looks like they may just follow through with Cesaro this time.

The point was that Sheamus is being used to put over others that the WWE intend to keep pushing, he is the old guard in a new era. Cesaro is also part of the new era as he's a regular programming feature now. Also Sheamus is nowhere near the title picture so it's a fine role for him.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not "new" so much, more that he's been getting more exposure lately and they want to continue that run. Yes he was over, but this is the first time that it looks like they may just follow through with Cesaro this time.

The point was that Sheamus is being used to put over others that the WWE intend to keep pushing, he is the old guard in a new era. Cesaro is also part of the new era as he's a regular programming feature now. Also Sheamus is nowhere near the title picture so it's a fine role for him.
    And that part I put in bold is important to what I'm saying about this series and no real pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Sheamus is nowhere near the title picture. He's just kind of there, putting everyone over, maybe going over here and there. Again, Cesaro beat his ass twice recently back to back. Boom Boom. What was the point of a best of 7 without something for fans to invest in? We know Cesaro can beat him, just did twice. You could say Cesaro just by the booking is better than Sheamus hands down. Honestly, Foley should have booked them in a 2-3 Falls Match or something like that with a title shot to the winner.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on the calendar, this plays out well for the series to finish right at the first Raw-only PPV or the following night on Raw. It could give time for the current storylines to go through the wash. If they wanted to do favors for Cesaro, he could just wipe Sheamus out in four and then move on to a title shot (Universal or US) at the PPV. I think it would do favors for both if they look extremely good/even along the way and one just outdoes the other and moves on. They've got until Sunday to put an incentive on for the series.

I wonder if they want to get creative with each match and put stipulations in each or some of the matches.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ND, I meant that there's no danger of Sheamus getting in the title picture now so it's easier to enjoy his matches. He's still a great worker.

You're right in that it will take more to get Cesaro to the top, but the fact they're doing a whole TV series for a feud indicates they may have something further in store for Cesaro going forward this time around. If it was just a one match PPV deal with them, I'd be less optimistic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shitty thing is, any fan over the age of 12 knows that they'll do a best of 7, and then they'll wrestle another 7 times shortly after that and it'll have zero purpose. I'm not even saying it should be for a title shot or whatever, I mean it SHOULD because again, they've wrestled 100 times already in the last 2-3 years what's so special about now? But are they going to push him harder now?
    What if after 7 grueling matches it comes down to one last match with a stipulation of loser leaves raw(head to smackdown).

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ND, I meant that there's no danger of Sheamus getting in the title picture now so it's easier to enjoy his matches. He's still a great worker.

You're right in that it will take more to get Cesaro to the top, but the fact they're doing a whole TV series for a feud indicates they may have something further in store for Cesaro going forward this time around. If it was just a one match PPV deal with them, I'd be less optimistic.
    Ah right on. See I've always been able to enjoy his matches, even his stuff with Roman, that match at TLC was pretty damn good, maybe one of the best matches either guy has had. It's just always been hard due to the way Sheamus has been booked so up and down over the years for me to really be a big fan and want to see him at the top of the card. That's neither here nor there as it pertains to your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiz131 View Post
    What if after 7 grueling matches it comes down to one last match with a stipulation of loser leaves raw(head to smackdown).
    Had Cesaro not changed his tune about being on Raw, just going by his pro-Raw comments last night and how he's a team player, how he's happy to be on the flagship show. then I could get down with that. Now it'd be looked at like punishment to be sent to Smackdown because Cesaro no longer wants to be on Smackdown.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He could always just say "Stephanie told me to tow the company line or she would bench me".

Now if they really want to surprise me, end this best of 7 in 5 or 6 matches.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Or 4 ... just sayin'.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I really don't want this to go all the way to 7. Sheamus doesn't have to look super weak, but Cesaro needs to win decisively.

Quote Originally Posted by percussion13 View Post
    Or 4 ... just sayin'.
    Even better

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God would they have that kind of balls? In the 50/50 world of WWE could they bring themselves to do that?

Four straught wins for Cesaro could really position him for a run at the top.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be very surprised if they did. Something like 4-2 is more likely.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At any rate, we should get a couple good matches out it. Maybe they'll add some stipulations the longer it goes. It could be worse, it could be Sheamus vs. Orton best of 7

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I'd be very surprised if they did. Something like 4-2 is more likely.
    Of course you'd be surprised. And of course that result is more likely.

And of course that's all just further argument for the idea.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course you'd be surprised. And of course that result is more likely.

And of course that's all just further argument for the idea.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I think it would be great. Just with WWE's 50/50 booking philosophy, I think it's unlikely.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    ... of course.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Braun Strowman was amazing on his debut. He should have only shown up like 6 times by now and just laid waste. It was legit awesome seeing him tear about Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose.

It was like..shit. He's unstoppable.

They fucked that up real quick.

He should face Jinder at SummerSlam.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or 4 ... just sayin'.
    A severe beatdown in the back before the first match with a 6 month kafabe broken neck from being swung into the nearest wall would do fine too, thank you very much.

...And folks were bitching about Styles-Jericho after the fourth match as I recall.....

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post
    A severe beatdown in the back before the first match with a 6 month kafabe broken neck from being swung into the nearest wall would do fine too, thank you very much.

...And folks were bitching about Styles-Jericho after the fourth match as I recall.....
    1. Ehhhh no thank you very much.

2. I don't recall people bitching about Styles and Jericho wrestling too much, folk generally really liked the matches. There was some bitching about Jericho going over at Mania though.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pacing of this show is going to play a critical role in the success of the show.

There are 4 potential matches that could headline in Styles/Cena, Lesnar/Orton, Rollins/Balor and Ziggler/Ambrose. I am sure they want to place Reigns in a prominent role. They could have a tag team match open the show. I think it would be smart to put Cena and Styles on early, maybe third. The Women's Title match is very important and should be presented as more then a bathroom beak, filler match.

It will be interesting to see how the show is outlined come Sunday.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2. I don't recall people bitching about Styles and Jericho wrestling too much, folk generally really liked the matches. There was some bitching about Jericho going over at Mania though.

I would hate to have to go scrolling, but the bitching going on after four matches was rather shocking.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The card is heavily tilted towards being more of a Raw-centric PPV, but the top Smackdown matches (Cena/Styles and Ambrose/Ziggler) have more substance to them, I think. They already wasted probably most of the potential with Rusev and Reigns. Sasha and Charlotte should be awesome, and Finn/Seth could easily be the match of the night. Raw has that, but you know Cena and Styles are absolutely going to deliver and there's just a ton of star power in that match.

I think Ambrose/Ziggler is a major X-Factor for the card. These two have faced off multiple times over the last year or so and the matches didn't really seem all that memorable. When the Wyatt's haven't been involved, both Ambrose and Ziggler have done a tremendous job of building that match. I think that helps set the stage for the match. With it being Smackdown's title match, it'll get time and proper attention on the show. That gives a huge platform for arguably one of the company's best workers (Ziggler) a chance to really go. Ambrose has been questioned about his work in the ring. I think he's fine, but he's definitely a guy that works better when he has someone equal or better in there with him. If they click and the emotion that has been built in the lead-up resonates in the match, this could be incredibly great.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would hate to have to go scrolling, but the bitching going on after four matches was rather shocking.
    Possibly, but the criticism over Jericho's Mania win stood out more to me personally.

Anyway, it's different in this case because it's already been laid out beforehand that there'll be four or more matches. People can criticise the idea beforehand like they have in here, but not after it's happened unless the matches turn out to be shit.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    The card is heavily tilted towards being more of a Raw-centric PPV, but the top Smackdown matches (Cena/Styles and Ambrose/Ziggler) have more substance to them, I think. They already wasted probably most of the potential with Rusev and Reigns. Sasha and Charlotte should be awesome, and Finn/Seth could easily be the match of the night. Raw has that, but you know Cena and Styles are absolutely going to deliver and there's just a ton of star power in that match.

I think Ambrose/Ziggler is a major X-Factor for the card. These two have faced off multiple times over the last year or so and the matches didn't really seem all that memorable. When the Wyatt's haven't been involved, both Ambrose and Ziggler have done a tremendous job of building that match. I think that helps set the stage for the match. With it being Smackdown's title match, it'll get time and proper attention on the show. That gives a huge platform for arguably one of the company's best workers (Ziggler) a chance to really go. Ambrose has been questioned about his work in the ring. I think he's fine, but he's definitely a guy that works better when he has someone equal or better in there with him. If they click and the emotion that has been built in the lead-up resonates in the match, this could be incredibly great.
    I don't recall Ambrose being questioned about his ring work. I think the critics of his have more of a problem with the character which he is looking to be getting away from.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of people have talked about Ambrose in terms of what he does in the ring. Mainly his offense. He can sell, he can tell a story, but sometimes his offense looks weak as fuck, especially his striking. Not to mention a lot of his spots do not feel natural, they feel like he's going through the motions and it's very predictable at times. Not a bad worker, but he's not someone that is putting on MOTN quality stuff that often.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    I don't recall Ambrose being questioned about his ring work. I think the critics of his have more of a problem with the character which he is looking to be getting away from.
    A lot of people have talked about Ambrose in terms of what he does in the ring. Mainly his offense. He can sell, he can tell a story, but sometimes his offense looks weak as fuck, especially his striking. Not to mention a lot of his spots do not feel natural, they feel like he's going through the motions and it's very predictable at times. Not a bad worker, but he's not someone that is putting on MOTN quality stuff that often.
    ND is elaborating on what I didn't elaborate on. People question his striking and offense. The lariat is a cool spot, but it's overused. The suicide dive is kind of like Bryan's where it's kind of like a high five. I just think he does a little bit more and expands his offense when he's around the top guys/workers. Ziggler is clearly in that echelon. I think Ziggler will use this as an opportunity to shine. If it ended up being the best match of the night, I wouldn't be shocked. I wouldn't because I think all of the elements are there. They've built it extremely well, there's emotion there. I also think the stakes are clearly important. There's a potential swerve/turn lingering.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He already has 3-4 match of the nights from ppv alone including fast lane, royal rumble and roadblock.

His offense might look "weak" to some but it still doesn't affect his actual in ring work to me. And how do you figure he is going through the motions? Telling a story and selling are two things that are contradictory of that.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He already has 3-4 match of the nights from ppv alone including fast lane, royal rumble and roadblock.

His offense might look "weak" to some but it still doesn't affect his actual in ring work to me. And how do you figure he is going through the motions? Telling a story and selling are two things that are contradictory of that.
    I think he turned a corner after going in the IC title feud with Owens. I mentioned it before, but I think he hit his stride at the right time: going into WM season.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said, he's not pulling off match of the nights that often.

The going through the motions had to do with his spots like the diving elbow, the suicide dive, the rebound clothesline. Meaning that when he does them, it's like he is just doing them to do them, like when Cena does the spinning powerbomb and 5 knuckle shuffle, there's no real intensity to them like you would see from others. It's like oh, better do the rebound clothesline before I forget lol. You can still tell a good story and sell while doing certain moves that appear lazy. That was actually a big knock that people use against Dolph Ziggler. Guy can sell his ass off, tell a good story, but his offense was lacking and still is to a certain degree.

I think he's a good worker and my response was simply that yes, people have said things about his work in the ring and here's what they've said. You can argue whether they're right or wrong about it, but that's not the point, the point is that people actually do say things about what he does in the ring and it's not always positive.

I think he turned a corner after going in the IC title feud with Owens. I mentioned it before, but I think he hit his stride at the right time: going into WM season.
    I think so. I mean you go back to last Summerslam when there were rumors that after that ppv he was going to start getting a bigger push and it does seem that way. So he's had to really tighten up his in-ring game because for awhile he was kind of a Roddy Piper type who didn't really have to rely on being great in the ring because he could tell a story and make the match work without needing to be Bret Hart or Randy Savage in a technical aspect.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bitching started when it looked like the feud was over, but then Jericho "respected" AJ and they formed the Y2AJ. It was clear Jericho was going to turn heel to continue the feud which most thought had run it's course (I enjoyed Y2AJ for what it was). AJ losing at 'Mania was the icing on the cake. There were two matches I really liked in that feud: the singles match on Smackown and the Tag against New Day. I didn't really care for anything else. Correction, I really, really liked the 4-Way on RAW the night after 'Mania when AJ became #1 Contender.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So, who wins? Enzo and Cass or Jeri-KO?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    So, who wins? Enzo and Cass or Jeri-KO?
    You would think Enzo/Cass. I've read some stuff on the net from fans where they think this is a step down for Kevin Owens. They understand Jericho's involvement because Jericho working with newer talent has become his thing. I don't see it as a step down for Owens. He's working with an extremely popular tag-team and he's been very very entertaining in exchanges. You pretty much have 3 of the best talkers in the entire company working a program together and it doesn't feel cluttered like one would think.

So I'd go with Enzo/Cass. Owens is always going to be a player, so will Jericho, but Enzo and Cass need a huge win to maintain momentum going into a tag-team title feud down the road with I'd assume The Club.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would think Enzo/Cass. I've read some stuff on the net from fans where they think this is a step down for Kevin Owens. They understand Jericho's involvement because Jericho working with newer talent has become his thing. I don't see it as a step down for Owens. He's working with an extremely popular tag-team and he's been very very entertaining in exchanges. You pretty much have 3 of the best talkers in the entire company working a program together and it doesn't feel cluttered like one would think.

So I'd go with Enzo/Cass. Owens is always going to be a player, so will Jericho, but Enzo and Cass need a huge win to maintain momentum going into a tag-team title feud down the road with I'd assume The Club.
    unless they want to do new day vs ko/jericho for the tag titles instead. wouldn't put it past them.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    edit

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unless they want to do new day vs ko/jericho for the tag titles instead. wouldn't put it past them.
    Jericho and Kane have to be tied with the most make shift tag-teams ever in the WWE's history lol. I wouldn't mind New Day v. KO/Jericho if it were for the tag straps. I would PREFER Enzo/Cass v. The Club.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jerishow was my favorite I think. And Hurri-kane.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho had

Big Show
    Styles
    Owens
    Benoit
    Christian

Kane had

RVD
    Big Show
    Hurricane
    X-Pac
    Taker
    Mankind
    Bryan

I have to be missing people?
    Last edited by PurePlayer; August 17th, 2016 at 3:14 PM.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    The bitching started when it looked like the feud was over, but then Jericho "respected" AJ and they formed the Y2AJ. It was clear Jericho was going to turn heel to continue the feud which most thought had run it's course (I enjoyed Y2AJ for what it was). AJ losing at 'Mania was the icing on the cake. There were two matches I really liked in that feud: the singles match on Smackown and the Tag against New Day. I didn't really care for anything else. Correction, I really, really liked the 4-Way on RAW the night after 'Mania when AJ became #1 Contender.
    Ahh that makes sense.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho has had

Big Show
    Styles
    Owens
    Benoit
    Christian

Kane has had

RVD
    Big Show
    Hurricane
    X-Pac
    Taker
    Mankind
    Bryan

After I posted what I did I was like naw Kane has to have him beat because I thought of everyone he won the tag titles with and it was the people you just posted. Jericho didn't even win the tag titles with some of the people he was thrown together with. That's just nuts about Kane, 7 different partners he's held the tag titles with.

Didn't Jericho and Miz form a short lived tag-team where they tried to kick the Big Show's ass and he kept knocking them both out??

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kane has to have at least 10 tag title reigns.

Andy
    Everyone go make some predictions for this show - thread here: https://forums.rajah.com/showthread....=1#post7738073

All welcome to play.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kane has to have at least 10 tag title reigns.
    12 time tag champ:
    WWE Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Big Show (1)[247] and Daniel Bryan (1)
    World Tag Team Championship (9 times) – with Mankind (2), X-Pac (2), The Undertaker (2), The Hurricane (1), Rob Van Dam (1), and Big Show (1)[26]
    WCW Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with The Undertaker[41]

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jericho had

Big Show
    Styles
    Owens
    Benoit
    Christian

Kane had

RVD
    Big Show
    Hurricane
    X-Pac
    Taker
    Mankind
    Bryan

Jericho

- Lance Cade
    - Edge
    - The Miz

Kane

- CM Punk

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it were to happen, Bray is more likely to run in and attack: Orton or Ziggler?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it were to happen, Bray is more likely to run in and attack: Orton or Ziggler?
    I'm betting Orton. He will cost Orton the match to keep him looking halfway decent.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having ESPN and WWE link up is a mixed bag, but not when it comes to ESPN Stats and Info being involved. A fun fact-finding post went up there. http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/1...-match-preview

Here are some of the interesting tidbits:

Highest WWE PPV Win Percentage
    Hulk Hogan 25-12-1 .658
    Brock Lesnar 28-15-1 .636
    Seth Rollins 24-15-0 .615
    John Cena 89.55-3 .605

Most WWE pay-per-view matches since 2012
    Dolph Ziggler 49
    John Cena 48
    Kofi Kingston 46
    Dean Ambrose 44

Cena is 0-5 in his last five Summerslam matchups. Cena has lost eight times at SummerSlam -- his most losses at any pay-per-view event. If Styles wins, he'll become the first superstar to defeat Cena in multiple pay-per-view singles matches in the same calendar year since CM Punk did so in 2011.

Summerslam will be the eighth televised 1-on-1 meeting between Rusev and Reigns, but the first to occur at a WWE pay-per-view event. Five of the previous seven meetings ended either by disqualification or no contest.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goldberg is going to cost Lesnar his match.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Dolph number is crazy, he's practically been on every ppv the last 4+ years. That's one thing you have to look at with Dolph. Sure he's not always pushed or even in a storyline, but he is almost always on t.v. and ppv.

I'm Spinning Around! sam_elmendorf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goldberg will do no such thing. It's just hype for a video game. They'll probably do a staredown in the back and that's it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seth having such a high win percentage is surprising to me for some reason. It shouldn't be, but it is.

Andy
    So this is one of the hardest shows to predict in a long time. What closes the show? My heart says they try to maintain the illusion that SD isn't the B show and have Dolph/Dean there, but I think that's probably third most likely. Brock/Orton would make decent sense being the only inter-promotional match there. But if they go ahead and have the Raw title main event...ugh.

Speaking of which, Finn has to win right? Seth can easily take a loss here and why not Finn - it would be a waste to build him up then have him lose and drop into the midcard. It's fresh.

Dean/Dolph - no shenanigans it has to be Dean, but there's something telling me we could see a Dolph heel turn here. Maybe debut a new heater, Corbin fits there.

Orton/Brock - very tough to call. Again, an Orton win gives SD some credibility and would be a bit of a shock. Surely it's still going to be Roman beating Brock eventually though.

Similar feelings with the rest too - I can see reasons for title switches in the IC, womens and tag matches. God I hope Reigns doesn't just win clean again.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm betting Orton. He will cost Orton the match to keep him looking halfway decent.

I am betting a just the opposite:

A John Stewart kick to the groin of
    The Beast and Orton triumps.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't get all of this love for Finn Balor. I think that he is one of the most overrated wrestlers that I have ever seen.

I don't find any of his matches to be especially awe inspiring nor impressive... I mean, he's obviously a tremendous athlete... but I haven't seen anything special in him yet that warrants the kind of affection that he is shown by so many heterosexual adult males.

I can see the appeal he has with women, children, and the homosexual community: elaborate and colorful entrance (when in demon mode,) pretty face, swimmer's build, taut buttocks... i'd be lying if I said that I haven't found myself getting lost in his eyes on occasion.

the suspension of disbelief is just not there for me in terms of buying that somehow Seth is supposed to be mind-fucked by this supposed mental edge that Balor possesses when in demon king- mode...

IMO, "The Demon King" persona is about as intimidating as Jared Leto's Joker...

All of those people in the crowd last Monday chanting- "Holy shit," and "This is awesome"-- just because a grown-ass man in raver dreads and bodypaint was crawling around on the ground like a 5-year old boy pretending to be a monster: "Grrrr... i'm a scawy monstew... Rawwrrrr"...

I just don't see the appeal.

maybe he will win me over eventually... but as it currently stands-- not too impressed.

i'm sure all of the Balor fanboys are applying giant gobs of Anusol on and around their sore poopers after that, but this is after-all a forum, and that is my opinion.

I get the same reaction when I talk about my disdain for Enzo and his one dimensional promos. He's another one that I just can't understand the appeal of.

aside from being a punch-drunk looking little motherfucker with the kind of hairstyle that is usually reserved for creations of the 'Children's Television Workshop'-- the presentation of his shtick is eerily reminiscent of another fan favorite of a bygone era who never advanced to the main event level... the Road Dogg-- and he was a better in-ring worker than Enzo... which really isn't saying much at all I know.

I know that the majority of you are soiling your dickies right now over his promos, but the novelty will wear off eventually... Cena has gotten shit for years over his cheesy promos, but somehow this bozo gets a pass with you guys.

I don't get it. a few weeks ago he even referenced Yogi Bear and Boo-Boo... Roman would have been torched for using that reference.

I will say this about Enzo: IMO... unlike Finn-- Enzo is very charismatic on the mic and can talk his ass-off... I think that if the restraints were loosened a tad, and he was allowed the opportunity to shed some of the greasball, " how you doin'?" shtick-- that he would at the very least make an excellent mouthpiece for a future world champion one day.

but for now, everyone loves it... so more power to him. I just think that it's been so long since WWE fans have seen someone who is such a charismatic, natural talker, that they glombed on to him for dear life right away.

On Topic: I'm genuinely excited for Sunday. I think the stand-out matches are gonna be Styles/Cena and Ziggler/Ambrose. I'm fully expecting a heel turn from Dolph, but I just don't see him winning the title-- which kind of puts him right back into obscurity after Summerslam... unless they have one hell of a finish planned-out, and a long-term program worked out for the two.

- Cena has to lose

- Roman has to lose

- Brock needs to win

- The Club need to win

- Miz needs to retain

and as much as i'm not a fan of Balor, I think that him winning the newly christened "Universal Title" would set a good precedent for this "New Era" gimmick, and instill a little unpredictability into WWE's still very formulaic programming. that, and they need a quality face for RAW.

honestly i'm looking forward more to "Takeover."

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rollins will be standing there holding the Universal Title because that 'belt' is never going to say 190 pound pipsqeek Finn Balor was the first titleholder.

It's going to say Seth Freakin Rollins since it cannot say Roman Reigns, Cheater.

God Meekmahon is so predictable.

His idea of a swerve these daze is Dolph Ziggler having a title nice match with Ambrose for 15 minutes before the lights go out again and Bray Harper pops up out of 'nowhere' again.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Why would they kill potentially their most marketable asset in years? Balor merch is money money money. Let's beat "the demon" first night. If it was leather jacket Balor yup ok but it's not. If they do they are fucking mental and stupid.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Yeah, if Finn loses, I don't see where they go from there with him. He'd lose a lot of steam.

Intercontinental Champion Andrew6586's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Yeah, if Finn loses, I don't see where they go from there with him. He'd lose a lot of steam.
    That logic has never stopped them before

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Oh totally. Until the 'Demon King' was introduced, I assumed Seth would be winning. And perhaps he still will.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SLUTTY! I don't feel like quoting your entire post for this response but I'm talking to you guy!!

In regards to Balor.

I'm actually almost on the same boat with you about the guy. He hasn't had a moment for me yet that's really blown me away.

But why do you have to add all the stuff about people who like him having to be attracted to.him?

Not attacking you because I actually like reading your takes on stuff (even when I don't agree) I just don't get why you gotta do stuff like that.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Balor is a tremendous wrestler, amazing worker and has a great look. The "demon" gimmick is marketable and will make the company a lot of money. I don't know what more you can ask for from a main event star?

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Stating to look forward to the weekend now, A hell of a lot of wrestling to get through though.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Me too. Throw in some football and cricket too, with a hint of beer, and the weekend is looking fanfuckingtastic.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Just take it easy on the Stella mate

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Dolph number is crazy, he's practically been on every ppv the last 4+ years. That's one thing you have to look at with Dolph. Sure he's not always pushed or even in a storyline, but he is almost always on t.v. and ppv.
    You don't think Dean's is more impressive? He had almost 2 less years.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So slutty changed his name on here? Weird.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would also like to state that I am looking forward to the weekend.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Badger View Post
    Balor is a tremendous wrestler, amazing worker and has a great look. The "demon" gimmick is marketable and will make the company a lot of money. I don't know what more you can ask for from a main event star?
    Personally I just haven't been blown away by many of his matches.

Liked the one with Neville, but that's about the only time he's been in a match that really really impressed me. I don't think he's had a bad match, and I don't dislike him in the ring but for the most part I've just seen his matches as solid

The match with Joe that got derailed by Joe bleeding actually felt like it could of been one to really sell me on him but the medical staff ruined it

I love everything else about him, I'm just waiting for him to blow me away in the ring.

I also think his match with Seth will probably be the match to do it
    Last edited by Jordo; August 19th, 2016 at 9:28 AM.

Simon
    Balor's going to have a huge career in the WWE for sure, but there's no way he wins on Sunday IMO. They've already somewhat destroyed the mystique of the Demon by having his intro on Monday lead to nothing more than your average brawl. Yeah, Balor won the brawl, but it didn't feel like the Demon angle had much to do with it. It's a potentially fantastic angle if used properly, Balor holding this unstoppable force within him but perhaps unable to control it or summon it at will, but based purely on Monday night, it seems like it's being treated as little more than a cool entrance. A shame if so, because the segment the week before with Balor giving a history of the Demon was fucking incredible.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Balor's going to have a huge career in the WWE for sure, but there's no way he wins on Sunday IMO. They've already somewhat destroyed the mystique of the Demon by having his intro on Monday lead to nothing more than your average brawl. Yeah, Balor won the brawl, but it didn't feel like the Demon angle had much to do with it. It's a potentially fantastic angle if used properly, Balor holding this unstoppable force within him but perhaps unable to control it or summon it at will, but based purely on Monday night, it seems like it's being treated as little more than a cool entrance. A shame if so, because the segment the week before with Balor giving a history of the Demon was fucking incredible.
    I don't see how you can say it destroyed his mystique.

Anyway, Balor winning is probably the match that is easiest to predict. No chance he loses his first match as the demon

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordo View Post
    Personally I just haven't been blown away by many of his matches.

Liked the one with Neville, but that's about the only time he's been in a match that really really impressed me. I don't think he's had a bad match, and I don't dislike him in the ring but for the most part I've just seen his matches as solid

The match with Joe that got derailed by Joe bleeding actually felt like it could of been one to really sell me on him but the medical staff ruined it

I love everything else about him, I'm just waiting for him to blow me away in the ring.

I also think his match with Seth will probably be the match to do it
    You didn't like his matches with Owens? Ladder or Beast in the East? I thought his beast in the east match was easily a top 10 match that year alone. Also I think the blood added to the match with Joe. Made it seem different. Besides, I thought his takeover London match with Joe was better. To each their own I guess. I am not sure what more he could do if you didn't like the two with Owens or the Nakamura match.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Just take it easy on the Stella mate
    Ha, definitely. Some light ales, perhaps.

Just remembered there's the UFC too. Mental weekend.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is Balor coming out as the Demon King any different than Foley revealing he was gonna be cactus jack before his street fight with HHH/Edge/Randy Orton

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You didn't like his matches with Owens? Ladder or Beast in the East? I thought his beast in the east match was easily a top 10 match that year alone. Also I think the blood added to the match with Joe. Made it seem different. Besides, I thought his takeover London match with Joe was better. To each their own I guess. I am not sure what more he could do if you didn't like the two with Owens or the Nakamura match.
    Ya I wasn't a fan of anything other than what I mentioned. I know I'm totally in the minority and I honestly can't tell you why.

I think I may just like him more in a faster paced match. Perhaps I should go back and rewatch some of them.

My feeling on Balor/Nakamura may have been the result of me being too hyped for it, and that may play into me being a little disappointed by a lot of his ring work too.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Balor losing as the Demon first time out would be stupid. Foley won matches as Cactus Jack prior to his loses. Balor needs the win more than Seth. They had one good night with Balor on Raw and kind of blown it since. If they fuck him up then I want Bayley to stay in NXT forever.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completely sums up how I feel about the whole thing.
    They should've had the Demon introduced at Summerslam if all it was going to be was an entrance. Like you said, his entrance lead to nothing but an average brawl. As a casual fan who might not watch much NXT, what are you supposed to feel about the Demon gimmick? If the brawl had lead to Finn becoming more aggressive or violent, you can then lead people to believe that the Demon unlocks something inside Finn that people should be afraid of. Even the Corporate Kane/Demon Kane dynamic seems to have more to it than Finn coming out with some facepaint and basically doing nothing more than he would've without it.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Balor losing as the Demon first time out would be stupid. Foley won matches as Cactus Jack prior to his loses. Balor needs the win more than Seth. They had one good night with Balor on Raw and kind of blown it since. If they fuck him up then I want Bayley to stay in NXT forever.
    The Demon has won matches prior to debuting, I don't see why you included that bit

I get your point but mentioning cactus feels like you were replying to me and my question was just how did debuting the demon ruin it when it sells the match the same way cactus did
    Last edited by Jordo; August 19th, 2016 at 9:55 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that I think about it, maybe the Demon made its debut on RAW since they wouldnt want it happening at Summerslam if he was going on to lose the match.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Demon has won matches prior to debuting, I don't see why you included that bit

I get your point but mentioning cactus feels like you were replying to me and my question was just how did debuting the demon ruin it when it sells the match the same way cactus did
    I think he meant on the main roster.

And Cactus won when he debuted during that Raw against Hunter. He didn't show up on the Titan Tron the Monday prior to the match and get into a half assed brawl.

With that said.....I think it was a mistake, not a life or death one, but a mistake that they had him actually come out for one, and for two actually interact with Seth on a physical level. They could have done a montage video of his past Demon entrances and shown that on the Titan Tron while Seth was in the ring, play some mind games, have the fans eager to see what kind of paint he'd rock at SS.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cactus was putting someone like Orton over. It's not he was a full time performer that would be making the WWE money like Balor will as the demon. Big big difference.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    Now that I think about it, maybe the Demon made its debut on RAW since they wouldnt want it happening at Summerslam if he was going on to lose the match.
    I think he just debuted it on raw because 2 million more people watch it and wanted to get more subscribers, I imagine.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck I didn't even see the post where he was talking about the Orton match I thought he was talking about Cactus Jack's actual debut in the WWF.

Definitely a big difference. You had one guy who had already established a persona on t.v. that people were familiar with for almost 20 years versus a guy who is bringing something that people may have never seen or just heard about. It's not even a situation where people are bitching just to bitch it's just that it would have been cool if they had waited 6 days.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See here's why Rollins wins, plain and simle:

He gives the better speeches on RAW and Sportscenter the week following Summerslam.

case closed.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He gives the better speeches on RAW and Sportscenter the week following Summerslam.

case closed.
    dumb reason

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it would be smart if they cooled down on Rollins' mega push that he's had since he split from the Shield. Not saying he shouldn't be a top top guy, not saying that at all, but I wouldn't mind seeing Balor get a nice run for a few months before dropping it to Rollins around Rumble.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

case closed.
    If Seth wins, it's because they think Finn is better at chasing the belt, which he probably is. Most likely Finn gets the win and a short reign and Seth beats non-Demon Finn at the first RAW PPV. Balor can then chase Seth the rest of the year.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to see the double-turn in the Seth/Finn match, but I doubt it happens. Seth is a marketable face and Finn would make a great tweener-heel. Again, I doubt it happens, but it would be solid if they pull the trigger.

I don't foresee Orton going over Lesnar clean, but I do foresee him winning the match. I think this is a good opportunity to give Orton a victory and set-up a feud for Brock.

Ambrose goes over Ziggler.

Styles over Cena.

Rusev and Reigns go to a DQ. They will extend the feud into the Raw PPV.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    How far in advance do talent know if they are going to win or lose a match? Is it usually decided upon that day?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe it depends on the scenario. I've heard wrestlers say they knew weeks in advance. I've heard wrestlers say they didn't know until a few hours before the match.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    How far in advance do talent know if they are going to win or lose a match? Is it usually decided upon that day?
    This is just a guess: For an event like a PPV, my thought is creative probably knows the decision for at least a week or a few days, but they don't tell talent until the day of or that weekend.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone watching ROH Death before Dishonor tonight? Cole against Lethal for the belt and multiple NJPW guys at the show. I am considering dropping $35 to watch the show.

Also, Cody Rhodes faces Zach Sabre, Jr. at Evolve 66 tonight and Chris hero at Evolve 67 tomorrow night.

Pretty awesome week for wrestling.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Cody is cool, His wife is kind of a douche.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pre Show Card announced:

Sami Zayn and Neville versus Dudley Boys
    Cesaro versus Sheamus
    SD! Live 12-Man Tag Match

Sami Zayn on pre-show is depressing. The dude has put on better matches in 2016 then 99% of the roster.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pre Show Card announced:

Cesaro versus Sheamus

Sami Zayn on pre-show is depressing. The dude has put on better matches in 2016 then 99% of the roster.
    Good thing he won that match against KO at Battleground to settle the score with that feud and move on. Oh, wait...

This is a heavy slate of WWE: NXT, Summerslam (four-plus hours), Raw, Smackdown, NXT/CWC. There's going to be a ton of fatigue towards the middle portion of this slate.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pre Show Card announced:

Cesaro versus Sheamus

There just wasn't anything for him at the moment to warrant a main card spot and that's going to happen more often with the brand split than previously. I mean look at Cesaro v. Sheamus. They're on the pre-show. I'm assuming that 12-man tag is the 6 tag-teams going at it?

Back to Zayn, not saying I disagree with what you're saying and it'll stick even more if that 6-woman tag match still goes down even without Eva Marie makes it to the main card...but again, Zayn hasn't been doing anything of worth.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Summer Slam weekend feels more like WrestleMania weekend this year then it ever has. In terms of North American wrestling, you have WWE NXT: Brooklyn 2 and WWE Summer Slam as the major 2. On top of that, Evolve 66 is tonight and Evolve 67 tomorrow night. ROH is hosting DBD event tonight in Vegas with NJPW guys performing.

I'm sure there are more. I think Progress has an event tonight or tomorrow. I am sure Chikara is doing something, and probably Shimmer.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What opportunity has he been given? The dude delivered the best match WWE has seen all year, in the hottest feud of the summer, then was basically forgotten.

There is only so much value Zayn can bring to the table before he hits a brick wall and requires a little push from the machine.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The card would look even better if you subbed Zayn in for Apollo Crews. Just another example where Raw is too stacked with their midcard.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What opportunity has he been given? The dude delivered the best match WWE has seen all year, in the hottest feud of the summer, then was basically forgotten.

There is only so much value Zayn can bring to the table before he hits a brick wall and requires a little push from the machine.
    I think the roster is just too crowded at the moment, someone's bound to get lost in the shuffle. Zayn just isn't in a storyline at the moment. Just glad he's not completely forgotten about like Braun Strowman .