User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WWE Monday Night Rollins - May 23rd 2016

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Owens just cleanly beat the guy who has been going toe to toe with the champ for the last month.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    man they love jobbing AJ.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by D3us View Post
    NONE WWE LINK
    3rd time is a charm.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Sounded like someone slammed their headset down

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This show could've used more Rollins.

Monday Night Rollins.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AJ is going to find a partner to fight Anderson and Gallows. Would be a good way to debut Finn.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AJ and Finn can start their own club: The Hair Club.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solid fucking Raw. Huge returns, great wrestling, emotional moments. Just a damn good show. I wish every week was a qualifying round or a tournament. We get such good matchups.

Raw gets an 8/10.

--------------

Raw thread MVP.

Well half the fucking thread bailed when Rollins stayed heel. You missed some great wrestling guys. Sorry you weren't here. But some others were. Now we have a rule with this shitty award that says you have to participate in the whole thread to win. But this does not apply to everyone. It's known after all, as the Atty rule.

Congratulations Atty. Well deserved.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not up for the podcast atm. I'll check it later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Foley fucking sucks. I wish Austin was doing this. He keeps interrupting Shane/throwing him off. That and he's asked a couple of stupid questions so far.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I noticed he has no cue cards so it seems he is doing it on the fly. I think he is doing just fine though.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JT4104 View Post
    When was the last time the Walls of Jericho actually got him a victory?
    Neville, probably.

He should have done the liontamer on the tacks with his knee driving Dean's face closer and closer.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Solid fucking Raw. Huge returns, great wrestling, emotional moments. Just a damn good show. I wish every week was a qualifying round or a tournament. We get such good matchups.

Raw gets an 8/10.

--------------

Raw thread MVP.

Well half the fucking thread bailed when Rollins stayed heel. You missed some great wrestling guys. Sorry you weren't here. But some others were. Now we have a rule with this shitty award that says you have to participate in the whole thread to win. But this does not apply to everyone. It's known after all, as the Atty rule.

Congratulations Atty. Well deserved.
    Nothing like an MVP who fell asleep half way through the show. WOOO!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well, shit, I wanted to hear about Shane's thoughts on the current product.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post
    Nothing like an MVP who fell asleep half way through the show. WOOO!
    That's just how good you are man.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    none wwe link

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you mean

none wwe link

Banned
    Smoking Meth and cuddling with an Armenian Gender Queer on a broken couch inside of an abandoned abortion clinic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iraq
    Was pretty sure that The Shane/Foley podcast was going to be a fluff piece-- and I was right. Don't get me wrong, it was interesting... especially the Vince Bret/Stuff-- but it was nowhere near the groundbreaking, controversial game changer that they hyped it to be.

But that's promotion for you.

I'm not quite sure why Mick didn't offer a follow-up question to Shane's statement about Rick Rude "shoving Gerald Brisco against a wall" - during the whole Bret/Vince Montreal Screw-job fiasco-- which in-turn lead to the latter inadvertently having his ankle broken in the process. Now THAT would make for an interesting story... especially to us fans over 30 who grew-up on Rick Rude and company.

Oh well.

Austin is so much better at these kind of interviews.

Also, what the fuck was with Shane and Mick opting not to get the former's views on the current product? Why wouldn't you address such a topic? I'd say that would be the most intriguing question to ask while you've got the man there... I can't speak for every single wrestling fan-- but I know that I'm curious as to his unfiltered thoughts on the modern day WWE product.

That's alright though, Foley... you just keep on pimping your kids-out to Vince Mcmahon... and leave the ballsy stuff to Steve Austin.

As for tonight's RAW, it was pretty decent; nothing to rave about, IMO-- but certainly an improvement over week's past...

- I think that tonight, Seth delivered one of his most inspired and passionate promos to date; love how he shit on the crowd.... it felt very organic-- and not like it was something that some failed Hollywood screenwriter-- who has never watched a lick of wrestling before joining "creative"-- wrote for him to recite verbatim. He managed to turn the crowd around pretty quickly when they were showering him with affection... and that's the mark of greatness.

Authentic heel heat. God love him.

In the long run, it will prove redundant... as the crowd will still eat right out of the palm of his hand no matter what he says, because he's just that damned good between the ropes.

and Roman... well... he was there too.

It always looks like Reigns is on his way to a paintball game... Roman versus D-Lo Brown at Wrestlemania 33: Battle of the chest protectors...book it.

Should be a great match at Money In The Bank. I'm just glad that they aren't waiting until Summerslam for these two to touch. It's smart on their part to shoot him directly into another feud with a top-shelf talent while he's hot-off-of back-to-back impressive performances.

- Sami Zayn vs. Sheamus (MITB Qualifier): pretty good match. You can say what you want about Sheamus' dull as shit character-- but the man can dish out a pretty convincing ass-whoopin'... and the same can be said about Zayn. It was nice to see Sami win here, and i'm sure that he'll put-on a hell of a showing during the MITB Ladder Match-- but it's pretty obvious that he will be there for the sole purpose of executing some glorious high spots.

Curious as to what "creative's" plans are for Sheamus going forward... his inevitable continued losing streak- and feud with Crews smacks of them having nothing of note for him to do, but i'm all about him reverting back to his stoic ass-kicking ways of 2009-- as long as he stays a heel, i'm open to giving him a chance. I know that if he shaved his head he would look even more intimidating... his beard is on-point now that he's removed those dumb fucking beads.

- I wanna know what Apollo Crews has done since his arrival on the main roster to deserve a shot at competing in the MITB Ladder Match. Is this simply more of this "New Era" bullshit? He gets a shot-- just because he's a new face? Personally, I think that smiley should still be on NXT doing his impersonation of a Special Olympics athlete.

- The New Day never ceases to amaze me: some of their stuff is hit-or-miss with me as of late, but the fact that they have countless, clueless children rejoicing over butt-holes without even realizing it- is genius... bordering on evil; on the surface-- they may appear as brightly colored, cheerful PG performers-- but their benign adult humor keeps them from becoming victims of today's tamer product... and with a lot of their more mature stuff-- you really have to pay close attention to even notice... with most of it usually revolving around Big E.

they haven't changed much in terms of who they are as characters since becoming good guys... and that is key to keeping them over.

Let's hope Vince keeps it that way.

The Social Outcasts match was what it was-- a squash... and that's cool with me. Until another team steps-up-- there's not much opposition out there right now for the tag champs... that are on the main roster anyway.

I would love to see Bo Dallas break-away from those two losers and have a go at things solo with a repackaged gimmick. I'm actually astonished that Slater and Axel have both managed to hang-on as long as they have. Though I do get the feeling that they are about to join their spousal abusing buddy at the unemployment line soon.

- Great douchey heel work from the Miz and his beautiful wife Maryse tonight... any couple that calls each other "Babe"-- are automatically douche bags in my book: "The Book Of Slutty."

Cesaro was definitely the right choice to advance to the MITB Ladder Match. His career needs some momentum... He hasn't exactly accumulated an impressive winning streak since his return.

Speaking of MITB... I would love to see them do away with that obnoxious briefcase-- that the owner has to awkwardly lug around with them for a calendar year or less-- inside an arena-- or out.

It just looks ridiculous. Once they tell the referee that they're cashing-it-in-- that's the only thing that should matter.

- Chris Jericho vs. Apollo crews (MITB Qualifying Match): With crews being ambushed and assaulted by Sheamus not all that much earlier in the evening-- it was odd to see Apollo still coming out all smiley and shit... not at all selling the fact that he had a 275-pound brute thumping his fucking head like a drum not that long beforehand.

A lot of the time, watching him feels like i'm watching a gymnastics routine. He telegraphs some of his stuff too often. he's obviously a very impressive athlete-- and no doubt a future champion-- but IMO, he just wasn't ready to be called up from NXT.

Unless they just want to continuously use him as a job guy...

The kip-up/Lionsault spot looked awkward to me... not sure if it went down exactly as planned... I'm just glad that Jericho got the win; he will be much more entertaining in the MITB match-up. I get the feeling that he has one more main event run left in him before he disappears again.

- BA-DA-BOOM!--
    THE WORST OUTFIT IN THE ROOM!

It's great to see Enzo back and all... and i'm glad that he's okay... but Christ on a cracker-- did he look fucking silly: The jacket he wore tonight looks like it belongs in a Michael Jackson tribute band-- fronted by Golden Girl: Blanche Devereaux.

Then again... most of his outfits look like they come from the Delta Burke: Vintage Collection.

He looks like a spastic little Chihuahua- trailing a Great Dane; running circles around him-- when they make their entrance.

Those of you calling Enzo's promos- "Gold," etc... clearly need to get out more often... I'm not sure what measuring stick it is that you're using to draw such a conclusion-- but his promos with Cass are nothing more than a Brooklyn/Jersey Shore version of what The New Age Outlaws did... Enzo has excellent delivery-- the confidence he has on the mic has "superstar" written all-over-it... but his material is just one dimensional... I guess you have to be a fan of the greaseball scene for it to really resonate.

I think that in a few years, if he adopts a different style of promo-- he can be all-around great. He's certainly got a cool, raspy voice going for him that's for sure.... very distinctive... I really want to be an Enzo fan. If not-- people really seem to respond to him anyways... so that's the important thing I guess.

It's all subjective.

different strokes.

but that doesn't make me-- or anyone else that doesn't share the same positive opinion of him: "Haters."-- that's some serious PC bitch shit... it just means that i'm not so easily amused... I have a refined palate what can I tell you. [/HowYouDoin'?]

My personal preference out of the two is Big Cass: In Enzo's absence-- he's proved himself capable of producing a decent, well-constructed promo and getting a huge reaction out of the crowd....

minus the Steve Urkel reference last week.

There's no question that Vince isn't sporting driftwood in his drawers over Big Cass... as long as they don't rush things with him like they did Roman Reigns-- Cass could be a main eventer within the next several years... he moves pretty well for such a big bastard. and WWE could really use another big guy who can actually work.

- Dana Brooke has trouble walking to the ring-- let alone wrestling in one. How the fuck can Flair compare Brooke to Arn Anderson while keeping a straight face? He was probably choking back bile having to recite that rubbish.

Charlotte is not good at combating an unruly crowd-- she gets flustered and stammers like an idiot... then again-- she is still relatively green.

I could see the Flair drama coming a mile away... sadly, Ric has been the most interesting part of Charlotte's gimmick thus far... but this does put more heat on her, which is obviously a good thing.

It freaks me out that, apparently-- Charlotte possesses no hips... maybe she can get an implant the next time she goes to hormone replacement therapy. Hormone therapy has been known to cause the hips to rotate slightly forward because of changes in the tendons...

so... i'll be keeping an eye on you...
    CHUCK.

A sobbing Ric Flair is quite the repulsive scene... I just wish that he had hauled-off and chopped Charlotte during her promo... which went on a little too long for my taste.

I'm assuming that WWE is done using Ric for now... I wonder if this means that he will be rejoining his podcast partner-- Mr. Garrison, in the interim.

- Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler (MITB Qualifier): A fundamentally sound match put-forth by both men... I wish that WWE would follow Kevin Nash's advice and turn Dolph into an HBK-esque heel-- maybe even bring the big man in as his bodyguard... why waste the talents of someone like Dolph Ziggler, who has the potential to be a main event heel who can make a white meat babyface champion look like a million bucks by bouncing and bumping around the ring like a ping-pong ball?

Nah... instead, let's let him wallow in mediocrity alongside of Baron Corbin-- who seems to have lost that little bit of aggressive fire that he was starting to display during his "End of days" in NXT.

WWE's gonna have another Cody Rhodes type of situation when Ziggler's contract is up in a couple of years... and once he leaves-- Cody, Barrett, and himself can always reconnect elsewhere-- perhaps in ROH-- or wherever they decide to ply their trade.

- Kevin Owens vs. AJ Styles (MITB Qualifier): Styles coming out pre-match and putting over the fact that Roman Reigns is- "One of the best wrestlers in the world"-- was transparent as fuck... Vince is desperate to find that one little secret to putting a halt to the Roman Reigns revolt-- but he is too stubborn to realize that the only way to do that is by turning him heel first-- and letting the crowd get all of their fucking venom out of their systems, before inevitably universally accepting him.

It would be one thing if his shtick wasn't exactly the same as John Cena's... minus the one GLARING difference-- and that being, that John Cena was once beloved by all -- before Vince took what made him edgy and interesting-- and chucked-it-out of the fucking window, so he could tame him and make him the company's centerpiece for all of the snot-nosed little kiddies that buy his putrid merchandise-- and the neglected housewives that work their fingers down to little calloused nubs from diddling their fuck- buttons to his image.

Okay... this one got away from me here. Back on Topic: it was an excellent match-- with a much needed win for Owens. I'm not exactly ecstatic that Styles has been pinned several times in a row, but I never really expected Vince to do anything more with him... at least not right away. Styles was merely a pawn to give Roman some experience in working with a world class athlete...

and that was a wise decision on the part of Don Knotts.

What's next for AJ Styles? I'm guessing Styles/Balor vs. Gallows/Anderson by the middle of the Summer.

I'd really like to believe that Vince would have the balls to bring Balor up to the main roster as a heel-- but he doesn't need to be surrounded by anyone else to sell those nifty- "Balor Club" T-Shirts... The "Club" isn't exactly the NWO-- so there is more merch longevity in a face Finn Balor... that "Demon" gimmick is ripe for all of the kiddies... and EMO cosplayers.

not to mention that the ladies love them some Finn Balor.

I just can't fathom Vince overlooking all of that just to reunite a few dudes that used to be a part of a collective faction in Japan. Besides... Balor is also one of Triple H's pet projects-- and I don't see him wanting to cast Balor in a heel role immediately upon debut.

"Shut up Cole! I can hear you from here!"-- Owens' ongoing obsession with Michael Cole is very amusing... once again, IMO, he is just too damned entertaining to hate... not to mention; the frog splash is a total face move-- I don't care if you re-name it, or whatever the fuck... in my eyes-- Kevin Owens is a face.

I would love nothing more than to see Kevin Owens win the MITB Briefcase, but I just can't see Vince being that high on him... or that lumpy, Nosferatu lookin' ghoul-- Vince's right-hand( or left-hand-- depending on which side of Vince he's on) man: Kevin Dunn... who's too busy trying to be the Martin Scorsese of the WWE; with his fucking ludicrous camera angles that ruin the entire fucking presentation of every program that they air.

but, I really hope that i'm wrong on that one. because honestly, no one deserves it more than Kevin Owens... unless of course, the plan is to give it to an anti-authoritative, face Bray Wyatt.

Oh, the possibilities there.

I would have to think that the last two entries will be Orton and Wyatt... though, they could always throw us a curve ball and delay the inevitable patriotic sodomizing of Rusev by "Big Match John" for the US title-- and just throw him into the mix to give it more of a main event feel... I also kinda hope that Orton is a no-go-- because logically, that would automatically push Bray back into a heel role; on account of him and his bearded minions kayfabe injuring the Gay Sex Predator the last time we saw him on WWE- TV.

then again... logic really isn't a thing in WWE.

I found that the 3-hours didn't drag as much as it usually does, so that's a positive. I'm just very curious how this entire "New Era" gimmick is going to blossom once all of the older veterans start popping-up on RAW and SMACKDOWN! again over the next few weeks... you've gotta expect Kane and Big Show to show their faces at some point over the summer-- right along with The Beast Incarnate... and who knows-- possibly The Undertaker.

I guess i'll just have to wait and see...
    Last edited by Slutty McWhoreface; May 24th, 2016 at 5:26 AM.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sami Zayn and Sheamus had one hell of a good little match last night. I would love to see them two square off on a bigger stage. Zayn is easily having the best year in terms of inside the ring match quality. He is on fire and looked strong last night. He could be this companies next "YES" man. Even though sheamus has a dull character, I always enjoy his ring work. He is a wonderful brawler and has become quite the ring general. Great stuff.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell you go on

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know Apollo Crews has no direction, but surely him beating Jericho would have given him some?

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why can't WWE be more natural in their booking of faces/heels? Why does Rollins have to be a full fledged heel? If the fans want to cheer him, let him be a tweener/bad ass type character who doesn't give a fuck if the fans cheer him or not. That is when a star becomes HUGE. The Rock became giant when he was a heel who the fans just started cheering for and they just ran with it.

The blatant attempt to get the fans off his side by bashing them for 10 minutes was so blatant... and he did a great job. I am not big one Seth Rollins promos, but this was one of his best ones to date. I just think WWE should be more organic in their approach to letting faces/heels get over and not force shit because Vince or Triple H want it that way.

Didn't watch the rest of RAW other than Rollins promo, why was Kevin Owens/AJ Styles given away on FREE TELEVISION????? That is so fucking dumb

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    Remember in 2002 when Triple H returned from an injury to a huge babyface reaction and they kept him heel? Neither do I.

Idiots.
    Vince probably wanted to roll Rollins to the ring in a wheelchair with a collar around his neck to apologize to the fans and as they cheered him, he'd pull off the collar and curb stomp a kid in the front row with special needs - or missing a leg.

With Reigns making the heroic save of course.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just can't understand why Roman Reigns is not a heel

he is so naturally unlikable

at least when Cena was boo'd during his early main event runs when people didn't think he could wrestle and he was being pushed to the moon as the golden child, he was still a genuinely likable and charismatic guy. It was fun/funny to boo Cena

Roman Reigns is improving in the ring but his personality is just a fucking box as a face. He needs to be a heel but WWE is so stubborn. That only makes people hate Roman even more

Roman Reigns is getting the X-Pac/X-Factor heel heat (if anyone remembers that)

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's exactly those reasons I like Roman Reigns.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy Roman a lot. His ring work is slowly becoming one of the better in the company. He has strong presence and makes for a credible champion. All that said, the writers are butchering his character.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I know Apollo Crews has no direction, but surely him beating Jericho would have given him some?
    Can't have Jericho lose all the time for one. Number 2, him beating Jericho on a random RAW won't do much for him anyway.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    Why can't WWE be more natural in their booking of faces/heels? Why does Rollins have to be a full fledged heel? If the fans want to cheer him, let him be a tweener/bad ass type character who doesn't give a fuck if the fans cheer him or not. That is when a star becomes HUGE. The Rock became giant when he was a heel who the fans just started cheering for and they just ran with it.

The blatant attempt to get the fans off his side by bashing them for 10 minutes was so blatant... and he did a great job. I am not big one Seth Rollins promos, but this was one of his best ones to date. I just think WWE should be more organic in their approach to letting faces/heels get over and not force shit because Vince or Triple H want it that way.

Didn't watch the rest of RAW other than Rollins promo, why was Kevin Owens/AJ Styles given away on FREE TELEVISION????? That is so fucking dumb
    I actually agree with what you said up until the last point.

AJ/Owens have fought twice already before this match even happened. You barely even watching the product hurts your standing on some of your opinions.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    why is wwe insisting on making rollins a heel ?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    Can't have Jericho lose all the time for one. Number 2, him beating Jericho on a random RAW won't do much for him anyway.
    Yeah - Jericho winning was the right call. He needed a win after dropping 2 straight to Ambrose more then Crews does right now. Jericho has value, Crews not so much.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    AJ is going to find a partner to fight Anderson and Gallows. Would be a good way to debut Finn.
    Wouldn't mind this but I was thinking Finn is going to debut to feud with AJ. However, it would be weird to see Finn as a face for his entire NXT stint only for him to debut as a heel especially when the demon gimmick is so money as a face in regards to merch and kids.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    why is wwe insisting on making rollins a heel ?
    Because they are dum dums. Like they kept insisting on keeping the stardust gimmick around even though Cody didn't want to do it any more

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think Apollo Crews has value, he just needs something to sink his teeth into. I think a MITB match would be a great way to showcase his talent. If you don't want him to go over Jericho, then have him face Heath Slater or someone for a spot in the match.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I think Apollo Crews has value, he just needs something to sink his teeth into. I think a MITB match would be a great way to showcase his talent. If you don't want him to go over Jericho, then have him face Heath Slater or someone for a spot in the match.
    Why on Earth would Heath Slater be in a qualifying match? I can see what you mean though in having him in the match however, it looks as though he is going to feud with Sheamus instead.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    holy fucking shit this commentary is awful. holy fucking shit. fucking holy.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why on Earth would Heath Slater be in a qualifying match? I can see what you mean though in having him in the match however, it looks as though he is going to feud with Sheamus instead.
    Heath was just an example. I had read a year or two ago that people brought up from NXT to the main roster, they have a plan for. Looking at Crews, that doesn't seem to be true at all.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Kevin Owens had an interesting interview after RAW. He mentioned how it isn't even AJ Styles club. It is someone else's club. Obviously referring to Balor.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Raw.

I agree that every freaking Raw and every single title should involve some kind of tournament to determine #1 contenders/match participants. Its so much better when wrestlers are actually fighting for something, other than just having matches. This should happen for every prize in the company.

Now, onto Seth Rollins. I'm of mixed thoughts on Seth Rollins heel character upon return. On one end I get it- he's being completely consistent with how his character has been up to this point, so it really makes sense in that's how he would react to the crowd and its fickle reactions. Plus, if WWE is lacking anything right now, really, it is effective heels. I can't really get TOO angry about it.

But on the flip side- the crowd just WANTS to go absolutely ballistic and cheer for the guy, and got completely cock-blocked. Its one thing to be a good heel, but I think its an even more precious commodity to be a truly over face who the crowd adores. And Rollins could have been that guy, at least for awhile.

Now we got this Roman/Rollins feud where I guess WWE wants to present it as face Roman vs. heel Rollins, per the old, pre Rollins injury status quo, and have the match that they never got to give us at Survivor Series, just with the title-holder reversed.

When in actuality it will be Roman getting brutally booed as usual like he is the most effective heel on the roster, vs. Rollins, who will half the crowd )(the smarks) cheering no matter what he does, but then the more casual portion booing like they are "supposed to". So, this whole matchup will mostly be a big hate-fest with no one really to cheer for (other than smarks adoring and cheering Rollins while he tries his hardest to be as mean, crass, and despicable as possible to get crowd hate)

Its just another glaring example of WWE creative "not getting it", going against the grain of their own fans, and doing whatever they (Vince) wants. Anyone with half a brain knows Rollins should be the conquering hero, and they should double down on Reigns being an egotistical twat and firmly cement him as a heel, and this would be a hot feud that draws interest. As is, this whole thing, while still intriguing because of newly returned Rollins, just lost a lot of the heat it could of had.
    Last edited by TheWrestler; May 24th, 2016 at 10:30 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWrestler View Post
    Good Raw.

Now, onto Seth Rollins. I'm of mixed thoughts on Seth Rollins heel character upon return. On one end I get it- he's being completely consistent with how his character has been up to this point, so it really makes sense in that's how he would react to the crowd and its fickle reactions. Plus, if WWE is lacking anything right now, really, it is effective heels. I can't really get TOO angry about it.
    I don't buy the argument that he is a heel because the WWE is lacking effective heels. They have guys like Roman, Usos, and Ziggler who should all be heels but are not for some insane reason. They could easily make them heels while keeping Seth a face.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's clear to all of us and everyone else that Reigns should be a heel right now. And that Rollins coming back from his injury should be a face. But Vince wants Roman as his top face, and absolutely nothing is going to stop that. In the past Vince has shown a willingness to scrap his plan when it didn't work (as recently as turning Batista in 2014) but he's just not going to do that here.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hightlights:

Rollins promo. I know recently I said he was mediocre on the mic but his promo last night, brilliant. I'm going to be honest, any other babyface, Rollins would be a solid heel to go against. Roman, well it's clear that that Roman is going in as simply THE GUY. Heel, face, doesn't matter who he's up against.

Owens v. AJ Styles. Solid match, these 2 always deliver and I really hope we get a proper feud between these 2 men in 2016.

The return of Enzo. Easily one of my personal top 5 reasons I watch Raw, the guy is just so entertaining and the pairing with him and Big Cass is magic money.

The Lows:
    Charlotte's promo on her dad. It just didn't make sense to turn on him that way. It made sense when he was costing her matches just a little while ago but why now? Definitely an audible was called due to Emma going down with an injury in terms of Dana Brooke and Charlotte's relationship. Or maybe Emma was going to be part of it too as a triad? Idk.

The AJ-Gallows-Anderson split. Another "Why?" segment. AJ came across as a dick in this segment and I doubt that was the point. The whole thing didn't make sense. Why? Because at ER, AJ was about to get pinned straight up and they saved him and kept him in the match longer. It wasn't like they hit him with their finisher on an accident and Roman won that way. Both of these segments were just poorly put together, bad timing.

All in all this Raw wasn't really anything. You had a couple cool matches, promos, and that was it. 6/10. Not bad, not GREAT.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Hightlights:

Rollins promo. I know recently I said he was mediocre on the mic but his promo last night, brilliant. I'm going to be honest, any other babyface, Rollins would be a solid heel to go against. Roman, well it's clear that that Roman is going in as simply THE GUY. Heel, face, doesn't matter who he's up against.

Owens v. AJ Styles. Solid match, these 2 always deliver and I really hope we get a proper feud between these 2 men in 2016.

The return of Enzo. Easily one of my personal top 5 reasons I watch Raw, the guy is just so entertaining and the pairing with him and Big Cass is magic money.

The Lows:
    Charlotte's promo on her dad. It just didn't make sense to turn on him that way. It made sense when he was costing her matches just a little while ago but why now? Definitely an audible was called due to Emma going down with an injury in terms of Dana Brooke and Charlotte's relationship. Or maybe Emma was going to be part of it too as a triad? Idk.

The AJ-Gallows-Anderson split. Another "Why?" segment. AJ came across as a dick in this segment and I doubt that was the point. The whole thing didn't make sense. Why? Because at ER, AJ was about to get pinned straight up and they saved him and kept him in the match longer. It wasn't like they hit him with their finisher on an accident and Roman won that way. Both of these segments were just poorly put together, bad timing.

All in all this Raw wasn't really anything. You had a couple cool matches, promos, and that was it. 6/10. Not bad, not GREAT.
    I disagree with a couple points here. The Charlotte thing isn't really out of nowhere because she won the match without Ric. So now she thinks she doesn't need him. She is that blinded and egotistical that one match proved that to her.

As for the Club split. AJ was arguing that he would have won the match on his own. But because the Club interfered it lead to the Usos breaking up the pinfall later in the match. AJ was of the mindset that he was going to come back and win on his own.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rollins found his voice last night and it was an immense promo, and I am one of his biggest promo haters on here

I just think he should be face

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hate to break it to you guys, but Rollins was always this good on the mic.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not getting into this debate

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    S to the Spedizzo, v to the izz-a

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched some of the highlights. Seemed like a really solid RAW.

I have absolutely no issue whatsoever with Rollins being heel. He excels at it and it does nothing to detract from his entertainment value. He's still going to cut good promos and wrestle fantastic matches. There's really very little reason for him as a character to be a face at this point anyway, it'd make a lot less sense than him continuing to be the slimy self-centered douchebag he's always been. I, for one, am stoked as hell for him and Reigns to burn the house down at MITB.

Dig that they dig MITB qualifiers and quite pleased with who's going into the match. Has potential to be damn good.

Nice to see Charlotte kick Ric to the curb. A much needed happening to freshen her up. Shame about Emma and things throwing off the astuff with Becky, though, as they've now put Dana with Charlotte and left Becky out in the cold. Hopefully she'll get in the mix now, though, as it'd be a logical continuation of what she'd started with Dana for her to even things up with Nattie against the other two.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree with a couple points here. The Charlotte thing isn't really out of nowhere because she won the match without Ric. So now she thinks she doesn't need him. She is that blinded and egotistical that one match proved that to her.

As for the Club split. AJ was arguing that he would have won the match on his own. But because the Club interfered it lead to the Usos breaking up the pinfall later in the match. AJ was of the mindset that he was going to come back and win on his own.
    To me it seemed like Dana Brooke was sent down to help Charlotte per Flair since he came out immediately after. That was the vibe I was getting. Again I think this split would have been better say a month ago when they were having Flair cost Charlotte the match left and right. Plus I thought the "acting" was atrocious on Charlotte's part, but I will assume that the WHAT chants fucked with her royally and hurt her performance.

I def get what you're saying about AJ-The Club. I just thought it was a bad segment.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah I agree that the Club segment made AJ out to be the big meanie when it was over.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AJ Styles is a natural heel anyway. He's just kind of an unlikeable hick. He just happens to be a spectacular wrestler. He should really be portrayed as like a Kurt Angle in 2002, a dickhead who's entertainingly moronic yet flips the switch in the ring and is just a special talent, capable of beating anyone clean.

It is weird the face/heel alignments on the roster. I don't think anybody aggravates me more than sober Nikki Sixx, what's he doing as a baby? Why's somebody who revels in anarchy like Ambrose a baby? Why's Seth Rollins, possibly the guy with the best babyface offence on the roster, good looking, charisma, a heel? They really need to flip a few guys.

Babyface main event scene - Rollins, Cena, Wyatt, Balor, Nakamura

Heel main event scene - Reigns, Ambrose, Styles, Owens, Orton

Babyface upper-midcard - Cesaro, Del Rio, Neville, Zayn, initially Joe

Heel upper-midcard - Rusev, Jericho, Sheamus, Ziggler, Miz

With New Day and Enzo/Cass staying baby and preparing big pushes for Big E and Cass. Luke Harper leading his own family and getting prepared for a heel push. Build Bubba Ray up for a split eventually too and a top heel run.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    It's clear to all of us and everyone else that Reigns should be a heel right now. And that Rollins coming back from his injury should be a face. But Vince wants Roman as his top face, and absolutely nothing is going to stop that. In the past Vince has shown a willingness to scrap his plan when it didn't work (as recently as turning Batista in 2014) but he's just not going to do that here.

It's tough getting old and set in your ways.

And that's the bottom line because...

Old men say so.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that Charlotte finally kicked Ric to the curb, but the execution was lacking. She has trouble thinking on-the-fly and let the audience fluster her with the 'What' chants. She may as well have said "Be quiet while I'm playing my character up here... watch...this is the part of the promo where I turn on my Dad" for all the sincerity she portrayed.

And if her acting wasn't bad enough, they had the camera linger on Ric's frozen, expressionless face too long. By the time he woke (sobered) up and said anything or started tearing up, the 'moment' was over. It was just awkward watching it all go down... not in a "aw, poor Ric" way, but more a "geez, they should have rehearsed that better" way.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by casselmm47 View Post
    I like that Charlotte finally kicked Ric to the curb, but the execution was lacking. She has trouble thinking on-the-fly and let the audience fluster her with the 'What' chants. She may as well have said "Be quiet while I'm playing my character up here... watch...this is the part of the promo where I turn on my Dad" for all the sincerity she portrayed.

And if her acting wasn't bad enough, they had the camera linger on Ric's frozen, expressionless face too long. By the time he woke (sobered) up and said anything or started tearing up, the 'moment' was over. It was just awkward watching it all go down... not in a "aw, poor Ric" way, but more a "geez, they should have rehearsed that better" way.
    Exactly. Just a poorly executed segment.

One thing that has bugged me for a few years isn't so much the WHAT chants, they're awesome, but I think there are some wrestlers who have had to learn the hard way that maybe the best thing to do is just ignore them and stick to your little scripted promo. Or pull a Roddy Piper and say something wild like "Say what if you sleep with your mom". I don't know if she was a good promo in NXT but she's still growing and you can tell she's not even close to being comfortable having to go out there pretty much every week and cut a 5 minute promo, sometimes longer.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Charlotte did really well and her acting was fine. She seemed pretty confident saying what she did and looked like she was bordering on being in tears at times.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to point out that I was cool with putting Reigns over at the expense of Bray Wyatt. I was okay with Reigns bulldozing through Del Rio, Sheamus, Barrett and Rusev. I can live with, barely, Reigns going over Styles, Anderson and Gallows. My breaking point will be Reigns going over Rollins and coming out a face. If they do the double turn, which they should have capitalized on last night, I am fine with Reigns winning. However, if face Reigns pins heel Rollins clean, in the middle of the ring, I may start hating the character.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why would anyone want Ric Flair home, that would be absolutely insane.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why on Earth would Heath Slater be in a qualifying match?
    Because Cody's not around to do the job anymore.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Baron Corbin is awesome. Looking forward to seeing him face Ziggler next week.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Badger View Post
    I just want to point out that I was cool with putting Reigns over at the expense of Bray Wyatt. I was okay with Reigns bulldozing through Del Rio, Sheamus, Barrett and Rusev. I can live with, barely, Reigns going over Styles, Anderson and Gallows. My breaking point will be Reigns going over Rollins and coming out a face. If they do the double turn, which they should have capitalized on last night, I am fine with Reigns winning. However, if face Reigns pins heel Rollins clean, in the middle of the ring, I may start hating the character.
    THAT is what would make you hate Reigns?? lol. Rollins is more beneficial at this moment as a heel than the fantasy booking some of us have for Roman as a heel. The WWE aren't going to turn Reigns into a heel of any kind at the moment. Check the catchphrase, he's in Cena mode now fellers.

Honestly I think it's better for Rollins to return as a heel, pick up where he left off character wise, then eventually move toward being a babyface. His promo was on point, it was so fucking brilliant because what he said about the fans who are now praising him and cheering him. Here's the thing, you can appreciate a heel's in-ring ability which is what people love about Rollins...but appreciate the fact that other than probably Kevin Owens and recently The Miz, what heel was doing better than him? I don't count non-wrestlers in this discussion as a case for the likes of Trips and Stephanie McMahon could be made easily. But seriously....As I said, any other babyface-ish guy and Rollins is getting solid heel heat in the feud. Roman, not so much because you could put Roman v. Heath Slater or Roman v. Viktor from Ascension and he'd still struggle to get a majority of the crowd on his side. It's similar to how the fans reacted toward Cena for a huge chunk of his career only the last year or maybe 2 has he really started getting more of the crowd on his side. 5 years ago you could have Chris Masters v. John Cena and 70% of the crowd if not more would be pro Masterpiece. You could probably bring back Masters now and have him feud with Roman and the same % of fans would be like "Who the fuck is this guy, he's not Roman so that's good enough!" lol.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I don't buy the argument that he is a heel because the WWE is lacking effective heels. They have guys like Roman, Usos, and Ziggler who should all be heels but are not for some insane reason. They could easily make them heels while keeping Seth a face.
    Usos and Ziggler, guys. The solution to WWE's heel problem was right under their nose.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I'd have thought that WWE are addressing the lack of heels with Miz and Rusev who are being built up towards the main event.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Usos and Ziggler, guys. The solution to WWE's heel problem was right under their nose.
    Ziggler is much better as a heel. Not sure about Usos. I know they were at one time a long time ago heels and just as bland character wise. Usos I think are just hated by association with Reigns as the live report from last week's Smackdown said the crowd was pretty split during the tag match between them and the Club. With that said, Rollins is still a better heel than the 3 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I'd have thought that WWE are addressing the lack of heels with Miz and Rusev who are being built up towards the main event.
    I wouldn't say they're being built toward the main event just yet. The midcard needs top heels as well and I think they (WWE) are probably going to give Kevin Owens a bigger push toward the main event than those 2 at the moment. And who knows, a few months from now Rollins could turn face.

So many people thought Rollins was just going to magically return as a babyface simply because he was out of action. This isn't like when Triple H came back in 2002 to feud with Jericho. Rollins came back and is feuding with the 2nd coming of John Cena. If it were a heel champion, oh most def he'd be coming back as a babyface IMHO. A heel champion Roman is not. A tweener, shitty booked face, that he is.

I mean seriously think about it...WHY should Rollins be a face? What would his reason be? Why should fans cheer him as a face? What is different about now other than Roman being champ-who people don't like in the role he's in, not so much him as a babyface, moreso him as a top player with the belt and how he's booked.
    Last edited by Nash Diesel; May 24th, 2016 at 2:25 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    AJ Styles is a natural heel anyway. He's just kind of an unlikeable hick. He just happens to be a spectacular wrestler. He should really be portrayed as like a Kurt Angle in 2002, a dickhead who's entertainingly moronic yet flips the switch in the ring and is just a special talent, capable of beating anyone clean.

It is weird the face/heel alignments on the roster. I don't think anybody aggravates me more than sober Nikki Sixx, what's he doing as a baby? Why's somebody who revels in anarchy like Ambrose a baby? Why's Seth Rollins, possibly the guy with the best babyface offence on the roster, good looking, charisma, a heel? They really need to flip a few guys.

With New Day and Enzo/Cass staying baby and preparing big pushes for Big E and Cass. Luke Harper leading his own family and getting prepared for a heel push. Build Bubba Ray up for a split eventually too and a top heel run.
    Del Rio does not play a good face at all. And guys who tend to revel in anarchy are always faces in wrestling. See Stone Cold. And I thought Neville was at his best when he played more of a dick in his feud with Zayn.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FB's comment about AJ is kind of like how I feel about Rollins. I was never high on AJ as a heel but the only time I've seen it was that time with Tomko and Christian in TNA. He showed personality but I felt everything he did that was great was a babyface. Rollins, the moment he talks I hate him lol. His voice just pisses me off but in the ring I love it. There were a lot of heels like that when I was growing up, Rick the Model, Mr. Perfect, awesome in the ring, you would be a fool as a fan to discredit their ability, but character wise they were great heels, better than when they were babyfaces. The thing is, this is still wrestling. You don't have to be a dogshit performer to be a bad guy, actually most of the top babyfaces of all time were not exactly AJ Styles level in the ring. You're going to impress fans with your in-ring ability and you should, some of the best heels of all time were also some of the best performers of all time. Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Macho Man, Mr. Perfect, I could go on.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Rollins made my friend who always thought wrestling was lame reconsider everything. He's a totally likable sleazy dickhead and he should be the face of the company.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post

Why does reveling in anarchy make a wrestler a heel? Stone Cold raised hell every week and he's one of the most popular babyfaces of all time.