User Tag List

Thread: Vince gives you three wishes

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vince gives you three wishes

As the title suggests, ol Vinnie Mac says you can have 3 wishes in how to book anything in WWE land.

My 3:-

1) Book Dean Ambrose as a threat

The guy has somehow stayed over despite being booked like shit from HIAC onwards last year. He may win this 'feud' with Harper, but what he really needs is to be booked over upper level heels, so for my first wish I will have Dean capture the (soon to be) vacant IC title and put him over in long and well booked feuds with Sheamus, Star Dust and a newly turned heel Ziggler. From there on in, after losing the IC title, have him start moving back to the main event slots. The guy is gold and deserves it

2) Re-set the womens division

With AJ 'retiring' the division is as weak as I can remember it in many, many years. Build up Natalya as the top heel with the belt, and then call up Charlotte from NXT to feud with her. Keep Paige strong and bring back Mickie James to feud with her and put her over.

3) Pay Brock more

Vince can afford it. Stick some more green under his nose and try and get him on an HBK style contract (most Raws and PPVs) and kick-start his bulldozing face campaign. He beats Rollins at Summerslam, at which point the authority try and stack the deck again. At Survior Series, The Rock returns with his MITB contract and cashes in and goes Hollywood. Lesnar is denied a re-match and goes even more nuts, forced to enter the RR at number 1 and dominates from start to finish, setting up Rock/Brock II at WM 32.

What would you choose? Turn Big Show face? Bring back Brodus Clay? Katie Vick back from the dead?

Give Genie Vince your three wishes

Andy
    Book SD as a different show. More focussed on wrestling and the lower card belts/feuds. No recaps.

Do something about commentary. Get rid of Booker, JBL and King. Only keep Cole if you're gonna let him call matches properly, we don't need Twitter and Network stuff ALL THE TIME.

Plan ahead. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    1) I wish Hideo, Balor, Owens, Zayn, Bayley, and Samoa Joe on the WWE main roster.

2) I wish Big Show and Kane would cease full time wrestling. I wish for them to be managers or commentators, wrestling only once in a blue moon.

3) I wish for the Divas division to have more than one match per show, and to have more than one storyline besides just over the title. Diva A and B may feud for the title, but what are the rest of them doing? Queefing?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Book SD as a different show. More focussed on wrestling and the lower card belts/feuds. No recaps.

Do something about commentary. Get rid of Booker, JBL and King. Only keep Cole if you're gonna let him call matches properly, we don't need Twitter and Network stuff ALL THE TIME.

Plan ahead. Simple as that.
    Who would you bring in on the commentary?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggplant Sally View Post
    1) I wish Hideo, Balor, Owens, Zayn, Bayley, and Samoa Joe on the WWE main roster.

2) I wish Big Show and Kane would cease full time wrestling. I wish for them to be managers or commentators, wrestling only once in a blue moon.

3) I wish for the Divas division to have more than one match per show, and to have more than one storyline besides just over the title. Diva A and B may feud for the title, but what are the rest of them doing? Queefing?
    No 2 for sure. I think the problem is how overexposed they both are. Someone like Shemus would be great in Big Shows role. I look at someone like Mark Henry and how he is booked. He isnt often around as much now, so he is still over.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hire outside writers who have less focus on wrestling and more focus on writing and storytelling. The wrestling will come natural. The story needs to be improved.

Bring Finn Balor, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn to the main roster in a role similar to that of The Shield.

Book Dean Ambrose in a role similar to Austin in the Attitude Era.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1.) Corey Craves moves up to the commentator team, replacing I-don't-care-who.

2.) Vince stops screaming into the headset of the commentator team.

3.) Bring back the King of the Ring, make it a #1 contender's tournament for Summerslam.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    1) Bring back the hardcore title. Not all the blood/guts ECW-type stuff, just something silly for comedy jobbers to fight over. It would help to give Ryder, Slater, Dallas, Rose, Fandango etc, something to fight for. It doesn't need to be treated prestigious or anything, just something for them to battle over in fun little matches on Main Event and cool-down periods on RAW.

2) Speaking of those guys, use them more. It's fine to use your lower-tier wrestlers as jobbers on RAW/Smackdown. It gives these guys a purpose and keeps them exposed on TV, even if only for a few minutes. Hell, one of the coolest feuds we've seen in the past year was 3MB vs Los Matadores.

3) Stop hiding funny things on the app and on the website. You've got 3 fucking hours of RAW, fucking use them.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Kurt

2. Freakin'

3. Angle.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why?

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Why?
    Did you see the first 2 wishes you wanted lol?

The 3 I would ask for:

1. Reform the Wyatt Family and book them as the strongest force in WWE. Bray wins the World title, Rowan/Harper win the tag titles, no limits on who they attack, feud with i.e. Bray v. Rollins, Ambrose, Lesnar, Bryan, doesn't matter if they're heel or face. Have them take out the Authority including Triple H and Steph.

2. Bring up Finn Balor and build the IC title division around him.

3. Have Naomi win the Divas title and hold it until at least Summerslam 2016.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    1. End the Authority angle by legit retiring HHH and Steph forever.

2. Cena takes six months off

3. Make it PG-14 with blood and language.

I second the Diva wishes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Did you see the first 2 wishes you wanted lol?
    Those were really good wishes, though. I'd love to see the lower-card guys have a purpose.

My three wishes could probably be combined into one basic concept - start planning things for the long-term. Book a few shows in advance, let the wrestlers and agents handle things, and put the writing staff in a hotel in the mountains for a couple of weeks where they can work out a 12-month plan for Raw, Smackdown, the PPVs and the characters featured on each. Have a few back-up concepts jotted down in case of injury or an unexpected crowd reaction. Have a coherent world that exists consistently between the shows and stop booking random turns, random title changes and random matches for no reason.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My wishes are based off of all the previous wishes coming true.

1. Stop breaking up tag teams every 4-5 months just for a one-off PPV match.
    2. Give an actual shit about Dolph Ziggler. The man oozes charisma, and usually has nothing to do. They missed a huge opportunity with him "ending" The Authority.
    3. Build towards a triple threat match at Wrestlemania between the members of The Shield. Use it to give Roman the title, and they can have a Benoit/Eddie moment to close out the show.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mike View Post
    Those were really good wishes, though. I'd love to see the lower-card guys have a purpose.

My three wishes could probably be combined into one basic concept - start planning things for the long-term. Book a few shows in advance, let the wrestlers and agents handle things, and put the writing staff in a hotel in the mountains for a couple of weeks where they can work out a 12-month plan for Raw, Smackdown, the PPVs and the characters featured on each. Have a few back-up concepts jotted down in case of injury or an unexpected crowd reaction. Have a coherent world that exists consistently between the shows and stop booking random turns, random title changes and random matches for no reason.
    Great idea. I was watching some of the Attitude Era the other day. Look at Austin/Mcmahon from April 98 onwards. Looking back, you could tell they had really looked at the long term, having multi layered storylines with lots of different characters. Kane, Taker, Shane O'Mac, Stooges, Mankind, Rock, Big Show, Linda all involved in underlying storylines with each other with Austin/Mcmahon as the overall feud for the best part of 18 months. I would love for something like that to happen today.

That was great writing.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Start long term booking: Book shows several weeks in advance, meaning no shows booked on the fly every single week.
    2. Let superstars and divas be themselves.
    3. Stop using your lingo: Stop calling wrestlers superstars... stop calling women divas... stop calling the fans the WWE Universe. Call things what they are.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Great idea. I was watching some of the Attitude Era the other day. Look at Austin/Mcmahon from April 98 onwards. Looking back, you could tell they had really looked at the long term, having multi layered storylines with lots of different characters. Kane, Taker, Shane O'Mac, Stooges, Mankind, Rock, Big Show, Linda all involved in underlying storylines with each other with Austin/Mcmahon as the overall feud for the best part of 18 months. I would love for something like that to happen today.

That was great writing.
    The funny this is, if you watch certain stuff like the Monday Night Wars series on the Network or The Attitude Era DVD, Austin talks about how they didn't plan hardly anything long term. Each week they would just try to top the previous week but nothing was ever really set in stone for the long term. I know I've heard that they have a general idea of where they would like to be from WrestleMania to WrestleMania, but according to Stone Cold they were just going with the flow and if something wasn't working, they'd ditch it, if it did, they'd try to top it the next week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The funny this is, if you watch certain stuff like the Monday Night Wars series on the Network or The Attitude Era DVD, Austin talks about how they didn't plan hardly anything long term. Each week they would just try to top the previous week but nothing was ever really set in stone for the long term. I know I've heard that they have a general idea of where they would like to be from WrestleMania to WrestleMania, but according to Stone Cold they were just going with the flow and if something wasn't working, they'd ditch it, if it did, they'd try to top it the next week.
    That's true, they were doing a lot of relatively on-the-fly stuff back then, but they had writers (especially Russo) who had long-term goals and concepts for each character. Foley's first book has a lengthy section on how the Mankind character was created and he was approached to portay him, and it seems like a lot of work went into the concept and a general arc and run of matches was planned before he stepped into the ring. That's a totally different world from today where they are rewriting RAW at 7pm and giving people the character of "he dances" or "they clap".

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Make RAW two hours. If USA objects, tell them that they lose and get nothing. Then say good day. Then say that you said good day.

2. Pay Brock for more appearances. Not saying full time—even post surgery diverticulitis sucks energy up where going on the road would kill him—but have him maybe every other PPV. Or even every third PPV, with him being on some RAWs to hype huge matches.

3. Replace Daniel Bryan's skeleton with adamantium. Unbreakable. If for some silly reason that's not a possibility, have Roman watch old Goldberg promos from WCW and tell him that he should talk a bit less than him and be a bigger force of destruction.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But, really, the main booking thing would be to following a UFC style PPV schedule. By that, I mean have the main event for a PPV set months in advance and build to a show centered around that. One could be Cena defending his US title and that's the established main event of the show well before it, without the show feeling it has to have everyone and every title on it. The next fight could be built as Bryan's match or the WWE Title. Or even a non-title grudge match. Mania, SummerSlam and the Rumble would be the only shows where I'd have everyone defend. Everyone would be on Survivor Series, but that show would be built around a Survivor Series match.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Elevate the tag team titles, it's nice to see the tag titles getting a little bit more love, but for two years in a row they weren't even on the main Wrestlemaina card. I miss the days of the dudleys, hardys and Edge and Christian. And it's a great way to develop new superstars.
    2. Hire Paul Heyman as your head writer.
    3. Have Paul Heyman and Jim Ross do Raws commentary.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JR would never agree to going back on the road for commentary every week. Now getting him to agree to call PPVs...

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post
    1. Make RAW two hours. If USA objects, tell them that they lose and get nothing. Then say good day. Then say that you said good day.

2. Pay Brock for more appearances. Not saying full time—even post surgery diverticulitis sucks energy up where going on the road would kill him—but have him maybe every other PPV. Or even every third PPV, with him being on some RAWs to hype huge matches.

3. Replace Daniel Bryan's skeleton with adamantium. Unbreakable. If for some silly reason that's not a possibility, have Roman watch old Goldberg promos from WCW and tell him that he should talk a bit less than him and be a bigger force of destruction.
    Yes to number 1. And if you say good day put RAW and Smackdown on the Network. Keep the commercials, I don't care I will watch it live every week.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be hard having only 3 wishes. I thought of my 3 top wishes, and I'm still thinking of more things that need to be changed. All good stuff from this thread, btw.

Especially Atty's wish about RAW going back to 2 hours. Lord, how that would be great.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hahahaha RAW to 2 hours is less likely to happen than my jobbers title
    Last edited by Hero!; April 24th, 2015 at 2:00 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahahaha RAW to 3 hours is less likely to happen than my jobbers title
    RAW to 3 hours seems very likely. Almost like something that has already happened.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Haha, I shouldnt post while focusing too much on my lunch.

First, you get the sugar darkhorse's Avatar
    then you get the power, then you get the women
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Stop disbanding every single tag team. The tag team will never reach its full potential as long as the fans are accustomed to seeing just about every tag team reach its inevitable split. Not every tag team has to have one Shawn Michaels and one Marty Jannetty.

2. Make the Womens' division matter again, starting with the end of Total Divas. I read somewhere that the Divas on the main roster are jealous of the NXT Women's Division, and they have the gall to whine amongst themselves about it while gladly appearing on a garbage show aired on a network that prides itself on airing complete trash. You can't realistically appear on Total Divas while being jealous of the fact that other women who have more in common with The Fabulous Moolah, Madusa, and Trish Stratus and less in common with the Kardashians are being allowed to showcase more talent than you. The truly tragic part in all this is the fact that, by being called up to the main roster, the women of NXT will essentially be going from a legitimate wrestling division to a division that acts as a casting couch for a joke of a show that jumped the shark on day one.

3. Re-introduce the Winged Eagle belt. Bringing the classic Intercontinental title belt back, after years of mediocre re-designs, was one of the best things to happen to the division. While bringing the Winged Eagle belt back may not have the same dramatic effect, it is one of the best belt designs (if not the best) the WWF/WWE has had.
    Last edited by darkhorse; April 24th, 2015 at 2:32 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The IC title coming back was because Cody decided to just say fuck it and get one made for himself. WWE will never bring the WE back due to them not explicitly owning the design (Dave Milican/Reggie Parks do) and the fact that they want a title that is just the company logo, so it's basically like walking around with a billboard for the company when do media appearances.

The Machine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You obviously ALWAYS wish for more wishes, folks! This is "Genie Wishes 101"

Limited to 3, I would wish for:
    ***Specific differences in the shows/hours of the shows that allows for development of the overall roster. They don't have to brand the hours with specific titles/themes and they don't necessarily have to split the brand apart, but with 5 weekly televised hours (plus 2 other hours and NXT) and 3 monthly hours for a PPV, they could have a Main Event or Superstars that focuses on a different segment of the roster one week, then have SD focus on something completely different, while all building to the complete card of the upcoming PPV.
    ***Long-Term Booking resulting in focus on the BIG 4 shows where the in-between PPVs have their own payoffs, but are ultimately pieces in the overall puzzle of Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam or Survivor Series.
    ***WWE Monday Night Raw Supershow starring Brock Lesnar...as in I would scrounge up the money to get Brock around more often. It would most likely pay off in the end. It is too predictable now of when he will/won't be there and they are leaving a load of cash on the table with him being so sparsely used.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Build up the tag division. Stop splitting teams up every time you think you can get somebody over in singles. They've burned through a decade of tag teams in the last couple years. I'd even be open to the idea of having a secondary tag title if it meant livening up the division.

2) Change the announcing style. Let's have different teams of announcers alternate though the month. There are like ten commentators capable of doing commentary. so let's freshen the shows up by using them. And tell the announcers to cut the forced banter and call the damn matches in the ring.

3) Change the format of Raw. First hour should be all wrestling matches leading up to the start of the storylines at the second hour. And then you only have to write two hours of wrestling, because the first hour was just a wrestling show, which is easy to put together. The show starts, the announcers hype up the action to come tonight ("At the top of the hour, we will have an exclusive interview with Randy Orton, who will respond to the stipulations for his match with Seth Rollins at Extreme Rules"). And they hype the main event, which ideally should have been announced last week. Then we have a match. And maybe a post-match interview, and then another match. We probably have four matches in the first hour mixed in with hype for the rest of the show (shot of John Cena arriving before commercial, announcement of a match to take place that night, ect.).

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    In all honesty, I'd wish for Naked Lana for 3 hours on RAW. Watch the ratings skyrocket Vince.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    1. Smackdown as a separate brand
    2. Paul Heyman as head Smackdown booker
    3. Daniel Bryan as Smackdown ace

Andy
    Agree on the tag stuff. Splitting up the PTPs and Wyatt Family was just so ridiculous. Two massively over and good teams, no reason to get rid. Hoping they reunite the family.

So they don't rate Tyson and Cesaro as singles. Fine, I can live with that, but give them time. Like, a few years as a team. I hope they bring up Enzo and Cass soon because the division is absolutely dying for teams with personality. Then you'd have them, the Dragons and PTPs as faces, plus the Usos when they come back. New Day, Tyson/Cesaro and the Wyatts on the other side. Strong.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enzo and Cass would be a really nice addition. If they keep the current teams together and add a few more they'd be in good shape. The biggest thing would be to have Kidd and Cesaro keep the belts for awhile while defending them frequently and that would build some credibility. I think if they dumped the Matadors gimmick Primo and Epico would be a perfectly legitimate tag team. If they insist on keeping Kane on TV, him and Goldust as a team might work. An odd couple pairing of Axel and Rose or Axel and Fandango where Axel the serious wrestler gets exasperated by his goofball partner would be fun.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Agree on the tag stuff. Splitting up the PTPs and Wyatt Family was just so ridiculous. Two massively over and good teams, no reason to get rid. .
    Hmm, Prime Time Players MASSIVELY over? I don't know about that. Potential? Maybe. But saying they were on the same level as the Wyatt family, or even sem-over, is stretching it considerably.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1.) To end the PG Era. (not even a magic genie will make this happen.)

2.) 2-hour Raw. Expand the NXT show. 90 mins live every week, bigger venue, TV deal.

3.) Go back to a core group of head writers, not 100 writers as it apparently is. It shows and it sucks.

And i don't care, I'm having a 4th........Sack off Ryback. The man is trash.

Andy
    Massively was exaggerating but the PTPs were over and a good team.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they're about to have a big run. The segments they've been doing lately have been really funny. Titus in particular has a ton of charisma. I can understand why they were tempted to split him off, but I don't think he was a good enough wrestler to make it in singles. Perfect guy to be in a tag team though were he can just take the hot tag and beat everybody down.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except he's about as good of a worker as Giant Gonzales. Darren Young seems to just be someone who makes homosexual inuendos and we're supposed to chuckle about it but it's stupid lol. "My favorite color is rainbow" "hehe I'm advertising the Divas title when I'm a guy" "Now we're a face team because I publicly came out of the closet!!" I liked them way more when they were heels with Abe Washington, you could overlook their blandness in the ring. But there's potential, I mean they've been in the WWE for awhile, they either get a push or they get released...which I doubt both will get released.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Stop with the 20 opening Triple H promos, or 20 minutes opening promos in general.

2. Let Seth Rollins use the curb stomp

3. Push Dean Ambrose.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think my wishes all include making Raw and Smackdown more like NXT in the booking.

One of the most annoying things is we get the same match on tv both times during the week, and multiple times a month, Big Show and Roman being my example.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Except he's about as good of a worker as Giant Gonzales. Darren Young seems to just be someone who makes homosexual inuendos and we're supposed to chuckle about it but it's stupid lol. "My favorite color is rainbow" "hehe I'm advertising the Divas title when I'm a guy" "Now we're a face team because I publicly came out of the closet!!" I liked them way more when they were heels with Abe Washington, you could overlook their blandness in the ring. But there's potential, I mean they've been in the WWE for awhile, they either get a push or they get released...which I doubt both will get released.
    This post is beyond comprehension.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This post is beyond comprehension.
    I guess but you're also someone who thinks the world of jobbers who haven't done anything of worth for years yet still have a spot on the main roster.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Give me a time machine
    2. Go back in time in that time machine
    3. Allow me to sleep with circa 2002 Stephanie McMahon

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Fuck off.
    2. Go home.
    3. But before you do that, sign off on the WWE Network exclusive Diva Lesbian Spectacular.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess but you're also someone who thinks the world of jobbers who haven't done anything of worth for years yet still have a spot on the main roster.
    There are a few things you just don't do, and one of them is insult jobbers in Hero's presence. Hope you're ready for the wrath of hell that's to come.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jobbers have a place. I think Hero explained that place pretty well.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabaschritar View Post
    1. Fuck off.
    2. Go home.
    3. But before you do that, sign off on the WWE Network exclusive Diva Lesbian Spectacular.
    cringeworthy

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sure, but I'm not a homophobe. I'm sorry that the scary rainbow people scare you.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we're only talking about booking:

1.) Get behind Dean Ambrose in a major way. His crowd reaction is insane considering his booking. There's just something about him that people are drawn to. Nobody seems to be able to explain why they like him so much. They just do. The guy is a huge stack of money waiting to happen.

2.) The Divas division is still a joke and there is no excuse for that. Womens action could be an integral part of every Raw and Smackdown but the main roster refuses to do things the right way. Its becoming a massive drag on the show. Especially when NXT proves every week just how good it can be.

3.) Start treating the business with more respect from the inside out. Jim Ross used to call every match as if he was daring the viewer to dispute that it was real. (How do you learn to fall off a 20 foot ladder?) Guys used to cut promos that indicated they wanted to be known as the best wrestler in the world. "Wrestling" is no longer a four letter word in the entertainment lexicon. So have some pride. And make the announce team treat most every match like it's legitimate. If the King and JR could do it during the goofy attitude era then by god it can be done today in the "reality era".

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    This thread had amazing promise until I seen it was about booking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    This thread had amazing promise until I seen it was about booking.
    We could go a different direction.

1. A tour of Titan Towers, personally conducted by the man himself.

2. A guest referee spot for a match between two wrestlers of my choosing.

3. The chance to ask him one question he must answer honestly.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cena heel turn
    Cesaro gets a legit push
    For continuity to actually start being a thing again. As in stop making it appear like things have never happened.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mike View Post
    We could go a different direction.

1. A tour of Titan Towers, personally conducted by the man himself.

2. A guest referee spot for a match between two wrestlers of my choosing.

3. The chance to ask him one question he must answer honestly.
    1. Have my way with steph.

2. Have my way with steph and the entire divas roster.

3. Vince gives me 95% of his paycheck and stock dividends for no reason whatsoever.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know better than to wish on a Monkey Paw...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    1. Have my way with steph.

2. Have my way with steph and the entire divas roster.
    You want Vince McMahon to force women to have sex with you?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Casey View Post
    I know better than to wish on a Monkey Paw...
    The turkey's a little dry.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa...

He is granting me wishes as those he is a genie. It is implied these divas will love me, without question, on his command...

No forcing...

No questions asked...

Ellipse...

First, you get the sugar darkhorse's Avatar
    then you get the power, then you get the women
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three personal wishes:

1. Alexa Bliss naked on my bed

2. An authentic replica of the Million Dollar Belt

3. $10 million in a high-interest savings account

Not Aware Of This? ThE_GrEaT_GaM's Avatar
    Your Posterior Better Contact Someone At Once
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John Cena vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Seth Rollins

Okada vs Randy Orton

All at a Wrestlemania

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The IC title coming back was because Cody decided to just say fuck it and get one made for himself. WWE will never bring the WE back due to them not explicitly owning the design (Dave Milican/Reggie Parks do) and the fact that they want a title that is just the company logo, so it's basically like walking around with a billboard for the company when do media appearances.
    Besides, the current title really isn't bad at all now that I'm used to it.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i'm sure he's tired out from forcing women to have sex with him all on his own.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Half of his net worth.
    2. A Year long Daniel Bryan World title reign, health permitting.
    3. Dean Ambrose taking Roman Reigns place as the top baby face for the next generation.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Alexa Bliss
    2. - 3. Who cares, I have Alexa Bliss

WWJZ Do?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the wishes that turn Vince into a sex trafficker.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Dolmeth View Post
    I like the wishes that turn Vince into a sex trafficker.
    didnt realize so many men needed magical wishes to get decent looking women to sleep with or be naked in front of them. poor fellas.

WWJZ Do?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's how wrestlers hook up in real life, it goes through Vince. That's why Punk got so many, Vince had no idea what to do with him.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    didnt realize so many men needed magical wishes to get decent looking women to sleep with or be naked in front of them. poor fellas.
    And then they wonder where all the basement-virgin stereotypes come from

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I haven't posted in this thread sooner. I've been too busy having consensual sex with an attractive woman.

OK, here are my 3 wishes:

1. Less repeated matches between mid/upper guys on Raw, save them for PPV
    2. Quit starting longterm feuds and abandoning them (Dust brothers, Miz/Mizdow)
    3. Updated PPV calendar featuring Halloween Havoc, Bash at the Beach, and the Elimination Chamber at Survivor Series

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh come on, wishing for mainstream, attractive women is all for fun.

WWJZ Do?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Win the rumble
    2. Win the title at Mania
    3. Get destroyed by Brock and he takes the title becoming the first guy to win the title by legit murder.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Badger View Post
    oh come on, wishing for mainstream, attractive women is all for fun.
    When you're 13, sure.

Simon
    1. Separate the brands again. Have as much crossover as you feel is necessary, but set up Raw and Smackdown as fundamentally separate shows and most importantly give them separate, competing writing teams.

2. Get the Wyatt mob back together. The ship might have already sailed on this one but the Wyatts could and should have been a fucking incredible stable, a brilliant mix of physical power and psychological warfare, with a weird mythical edge.

3. Kill the PG era. Will never happen obviously, and even if it did I'd hope they would be judicious with their adult themes...but the possibility of bringing back the hardcore title, the drama that the occasional blade job can bring etc...would be good.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    1. Separate the brands again. Have as much crossover as you feel is necessary, but set up Raw and Smackdown as fundamentally separate shows and most importantly give them separate, competing writing teams.

2. Get the Wyatt mob back together. The ship might have already sailed on this one but the Wyatts could and should have been a fucking incredible stable, a brilliant mix of physical power and psychological warfare, with a weird mythical edge.

3. Kill the PG era. Will never happen obviously, and even if it did I'd hope they would be judicious with their adult themes...but the possibility of bringing back the hardcore title, the drama that the occasional blade job can bring etc...would be good.
    I agree with all of this except the brand split... I hated that. I just want Raw to go back to 2 hours.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want better writing. They can keep Raw at 3 hours. The current roster is talented. It would be great to see Shield 2.0, Wyatt reunion, etc., but if they fixed the writing team and Vince gave a little more creative freedom all the other stuff would fall into place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think one of the problems with the brand split is it's almost impossible to do while there is a 3 hour Raw every week.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RAW going to 2 hours is the biggest thing I think. It is very hard to book 3 compelling hours of RAW every week especially when you have 2 more hours of Smackdown. Cut RAW down to 2 hours. I get there is money involved. If they have to keep 3 hours maybe do more backstage one on one interviews like they did the night after the rumble to fill in the other hour.

The ppv format also needs to change. Cut the gimmick ppvs out. Star using ppv names like Halloween Havoc, No Way Out, King of the Ring and Starcade and cut out Hell in a Cell, TLC, Battleground, and Fast Lane
    Last edited by PurePlayer; April 27th, 2015 at 11:56 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a smaller one, but I miss different shows having different sets. The same set for literally every show makes everything feel the same. Part of the fun of pay-per-views back in the day was the surprise of what the set was going to look like. Now it's always just the big LED screen.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I understand what you are saying but no one ever said man I'm gonna buy Payback so I can see what the set looks like.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Bring back enhancement talent/jobbers/call them what you will;

2. Work to a season of six Special Events - Money in the Bank, Summerslam, King of the Ring, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania;

3. Talent works ten months of the year, with two months off. A month can be done on rota, another month is a close-season in which NXT tours a series of house shows, televised and with a special event at the end of that month.

Oh, one last thing Vince - stop sticking your fucking oar in all the bastard time.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. 2 Hour RAW
    2. Jim Ross on RAW, Cole on Smackdown
    3. Get rid of the PG era

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    I understand what you are saying but no one ever said man I'm gonna buy Payback so I can see what the set looks like.
    Not only that, it is saving the WWE a ton of money.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are jobbers

curtis axel
    heath slater
    bo dallas
    zack ryder
    the ascension

plus they bring in guys when it calls for it. like with ryback, more recently they brought in jobbers for the ascension before they flopped.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think Bo Dallas is going to be huge one day.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    there are jobbers

curtis axel
    heath slater
    bo dallas
    zack ryder
    the ascension

plus they bring in guys when it calls for it. like with ryback, more recently they brought in jobbers for the ascension before they flopped.
    No, I mean actual jobbers, not the bottom of the card. Actual ham n' eggers.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are jobbers

curtis axel
    heath slater
    bo dallas
    zack ryder
    the ascension

Other lower card guys include Adam Rose, Fandango, Swagger that they can use as enhancement talent at this point.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanMooneysClassyJackets View Post
    No, I mean actual jobbers, not the bottom of the card. Actual ham n' eggers.
    they bring them in from time to time. to have them on more would become overkill.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggplant Sally View Post
    I think Bo Dallas is going to be huge one day.
    He's already the best thing on any show he's on.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they bring them in from time to time. to have them on more would become overkill.
    I'd dispute that. Well, I wouldn't if we had two hour Raws and fewer hours per week of TV to fill, but as that's never going to happen I'd rather use genuine enhancement talent and revert to the format of way back when with Superstars, Prime Time, Wrestling Challenge, SNME and such.

I'm not sure the roster has ever been so rich and varied, yet how often do you think you've seen those two against each other a thousand times before? I think the old model was better for planting the early seeds of feuds that carried weight is all.

The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. "Local enhancement talent". Raw & Smackers should be all about progressing the story, building towards the PPV events. The wrestling itself should be secondary. Use proper jobbers to put the main roster guys over in short matches, then use the remaining time for promos and run-ins and shit. That way, when they advertise Ryback versus Jack Swagger at WWE Immortals Presents "Go And Root Your Mother" Live On The WWE Network, then it's all "holy shitballs, the Big Guy is going against Biff Tannen, I'd better watch that" and then they put on a 15min match and it's fucken sick. Instead we get them fighting every week on Raw/Smackers and then expect us to give a shit when they're on the PPV.

2. Promote weekly main events in advance. At the moment you may as well have Teddy Long out there again making six man tags on the fly for the final match of the show. WHO CARES. Instead, have John Cena come out and say "next week on Raw I'll put my US title on the line in the main event" and out comes The Miz to say "fuck you John you banana loving amphibian, I'll take yer fucken title" and then Cole is all like "get a load of that shit, Cena versus Miz in the main event next Monday". And when you do those matches, give them a big fight feel. Entrances, "IN THE RED CORRRNERRRR" intros, ref holds the belt up and shit's on and we're all frothing for it.

3. Have the current commentary team on the stage as the show's hosts/anchors. They link the segments and shit, and provide a few "Haha I love it Maggle when I fingered Ted Di Biase Jr's anus in the showers" insights (download the fucking WWE APP, RETARDS). Then for the matches they go "and we'll take you to ringside with Todd Grisham and Brad Maddox" who just call the match, and then back to the hosts/anchors for the aftermath.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanMooneysClassyJackets View Post
    I'd dispute that. Well, I wouldn't if we had two hour Raws and fewer hours per week of TV to fill, but as that's never going to happen I'd rather use genuine enhancement talent and revert to the format of way back when with Superstars, Prime Time, Wrestling Challenge, SNME and such.

I'm not sure the roster has ever been so rich and varied, yet how often do you think you've seen those two against each other a thousand times before? I think the old model was better for planting the early seeds of feuds that carried weight is all.
    it would get tired very quick. i like when they are used now. but to have them be regular things would have many people complaining about squash matches. i just don't see it right now.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think we can ever go back to the days when damn near every match on tv was a superstar vs enhancement talent but bringing back those matches in a limited capacity could really help stretch things out when it becomes necessary.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if it's not against local jobbers, we need more matches where main event players go over Adam Rose, Fandango, Primo, Epico, Slater, Axel, etc.

The worst thing about the product today is the oversaturation of mid/upper card matches on weekly free TV. If you want people to buy the Network, make them pay for the best matches.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant4Ever View Post
    Even if it's not against local jobbers, we need more matches where main event players go over Adam Rose, Fandango, Primo, Epico, Slater, Axel, etc.
    I think there's a danger in turning the lower card into de facto jobbers. You have to suspend disbelief a little and entertain the notion that anyone can rise and fall, otherwise half of the fun is gone. That's true by match, by event, by career. I wouldn't want to see those above treated like jobbers insofar as they get nothing other than being beaten in the ring. However limited, they should feature in the broader picture beyond that.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Build a time machine.
    2. Set it to 1998.
    3. Hit 'GO.'

OR

1. Bring back Sexual Chocolate
    2. Bob Saget as GM of Raw
    3. Terry Funk World Title Run