Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brock Lesnar Re-Signs With WWE

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M. View Post
    Lesnar has been so strongly associated with Heyman for so many years that it would be a genuinely shocking moment if Heyman turned on him. Heyman has pushed guys to the side so he could focus on Brock. They could easily sell that Lesnar is so shocked by the betrayal that he leaves himself open for defeat.
    Would be similar to when Paul Bearer betrayed the Undertaker and went with Mankind in 1996. Bearer and taker had been a unit for 6 years or something at the time, definitely was a shocker and really put over Mankind.

Wonder what the odds of a double-turn at Mania are..

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't doubt if Heyman wouldn't even want to manage someone else. Aren't Heyman and Lesnar really close in real life?

I remember even when Brock was in the UFC years ago, Heyman was involved in a lot of his personal affairs.

Heyman and Lesnar are the best manager/wrestler combination in recent history, by far.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRockSays View Post
    My question is how could a Heyman turn ever be done. With brock no selling AAs and briefcase shots. Why would a Heyman chair, or ankle grab ever phase him?
    Heyman with the distraction. Reighns wins with the roll up from behind. #givedivasachance

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing news. Cant wait for the atmosphere on Sunday.

Vince has put himself in a corner yet again. If Reigns wins, then crowd will shit on it even more as Lesnar is going to get an insane reaction now he is staying.

If Lesnar wins then its still part time WWE champion. I think Rollins cash in is the only option now, booked right it can keep Reigns strong and also not hurt Brock.

Much as I would love Bryan/Brock next year, lets be realistic if Brock/Rock II is possible they are going to do it. What a huge match up, with possibly Takers last match with Sting, you have two amazing co-main events right there.

Who would you have Lesnar face after Reigns? Rollins? Bryan? Orton? Rusev? Wyatt? Batista even?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could easy do something with Heyman where he hits Brock i the back with a chair, Brock can even no sell it but blow up in rage chasing Heyman. Hes so furious he forgets about Reigns who attacks him with a chair himself. Pins him and Brock kicks out, spear - kickout, superman punch - Kickout, more chair shots and a final spear for the win.

If they done it slowly it would build immense heat for Reigns who would piss the crowd off more with each attempt to put Brock down whilst at the same time keeping Brock looking like a near unstoppable beast.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is nothing wrong with Lesnar being a part-time champion if the IC Title and the US Title become legitimized which seems like it might be the plan (with a possible Cena/Bryan reign).

If Lesnar can do 2-3 RAWs a month, maybe wrestle in a few here or there in tag match or something, I would be more than satisfied.

World title matches will have a much more significant feel if they are defended only in big moments and not every week on Raw.

Cena is a 15 time champion, Orton is close to that, hell, who hasn't won the title at some point?

It is about time it garners credibility and matters when it changes hands.

I like the direction that the championship picture is taking with the IC/US titles.
    Last edited by Spedizzo; March 25th, 2015 at 9:03 AM.

Andy
    I think this could be a defining moment in wrestling history. Brock chose WWE over UFC on live television in what will essentially be considered as a massive face turn by the Mania crowd. But he goes into Mania as a heel, against a face who nobody believes could credibly challenge Lesnar. If they stick with Reigns going over as the face it'll be a disaster even worse than the first time he signed and got beaten by Cena, plus Reigns will likely never recover from it. I still see Reigns kicking out of three F5s and winning clean and I think there's a good chance Mania ends with Reigns getting pelted with garbage.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My hope is Lesnar wins and keeps the title.

I hope Rusev wins and so does Bryan. At SummerSlam we can get an IC/US title unification.

Now we have 2 titles that have some shine to them.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Dolmeth View Post
    Doesn't Brock live in the middle of nowhere in Canada? They could make a Network show of Rollins just trying to find his house.
    ^^This!! So much this! On the road with J&J Security!

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seth Rollins doing an angle where he goes on a mission to find out what the part time champion does in his spare time would be epic television.

Which is why it won't happen.

The writers are unable to come up with anything creative anymore.

See the go-home ending to RAW for reference.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would be awesome is if they actually did this and then once they found the place, after weeks of hilarity on the road, they then try to infiltrate it Oceans 11 style, with Jamie Noble being delivered to the house in a box and so on

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    My anticipation for this Mania is so much higher now. Genuinely interested in the main event and its outcome. I'll be cheering Brock on and a win has suddenly become a possibility. However, a Heyman/Reigns turn would be fantastic as well. A "face" Reigns win feels far less certain and I think the crowd response will be clearer and louder now. High stakes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    My anticipation for this Mania is so much higher now. Genuinely interested in the main event and its outcome. I'll be cheering Brock on and a win has suddenly become a possibility. However, a Heyman/Reigns turn would be fantastic as well. A "face" Reigns win feels far less certain and I think the crowd response will be clearer and louder now. High stakes.
    Yeah I think Brock may have just saved Mania. The main event has some emotion attached to it now that it has been severely lacking since it was a given before the Rumble. They just have to be clever with their booking now. They can either put Brock over or turn Reigns or have Rollins cash in somehow so there are options to make the main event quality but if they go ahead Reigns wins clean and try and put him over that way then it will be shit on from a height. Its all in WWE's court to use this to turn everything negative from the last few months around now.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    Imagine if the Rajah T-shirt has ended up at his place instead of yours.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone think he will get the biggest pop of the night now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Anyone think he will get the biggest pop of the night now?
    Heh, yep.

Lesnar can get on the mic and call everyone fuckin asholes but he will still get the biggest pop of the night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Selfish part of me wants a monster face Lesnar with Heyman sticking alongside him as an antiheroish run. They just work so well together. The big badass and one of the best talkers in the business. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But another part of me sees a screwy finish involving Heyman switching/Rollins/Authority.

I think Lesnar against the Authority would be masterful as long as Heyman sticks with Lesnar. Having Reigns or Heyman or both join up doesn't interest me. Neither does Lesnar being on an island by himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After post-mania Raw Brock is taking a break so taking the belt off Brock and sticking Heyman with Reigns is logical. On post-raw have Authority beatdown Brock. Brock returns around Summerslam against Authority as a mega face.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by RKOpanther View Post
    After post-mania Raw Brock is taking a break so taking the belt off Brock and sticking Heyman with Reigns is logical. On post-raw have Authority beatdown Brock. Brock returns around Summerslam against Authority as a mega face.
    Taking a break from what? That sounds absurd. Does he wait from eating 30 minutes before and after dipping his toe in the pool too?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming Brock's contract is for the same number of matches as the last one, we know he's fighting at Summerslam, and then there's one other flex match in there. Last year they used it at Night of Champions, it was Extreme Rules to two previous years. If Lesnar keeps the title and NoC continues to be a thing, he has to defend there.

My thought is there's no reason for Lesnar to defend at Royal Rumble. The Royal Rumble match is a big enough draw for that show. I'd take that date and use it elsewhere if possible. Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Hell in a Cell/Survivor Series (get rid of NoC) and then probably the May PPV would be a good spacing. Shorten the gaps between his matches.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by percussion13 View Post
    Taking a break from what? That sounds absurd. Does he wait from eating 30 minutes before and after dipping his toe in the pool too?
    He's on a limited schedule. What's so hard to understand?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    He's on a limited schedule. What's so hard to understand?
    To say he's just going about his limited schedule is one thing, but someone on a limited schedule taking a break sounds absurd. Maybe it's just the wording of it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were WWE I would have tried to trade Brock even fewer appearances in exchange for another match or two per year. I could give two shits about him showing up on Raw. He should never wrestle on free TV anyway, he also shouldn't be cutting promos in the ring, so there's no point to him appearing more than once or twice in the lead to his matches. Heyman is 100% able to carry segments on his own without Brock standing behind him.

It would be really nice if he could fight five or six times a year. That would be the perfect mix of him still being a special attraction but being able to have a more constant presence in the storylines.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The upside for me with Lesnare re-signing is there is now more of a chance to see Lesnar v. the younger generation like Bryan, Rollins, Dolph, Bray Wyatt, Ambrose, Rusev, etc. With that said, I'm not negative to Rock v. Brock. I'm not even negative toward Batista and/or Randy Orton v. Brock Lesnar. But I don't want to just see him against those type of wrestlers, I think if he's willing to work with Reigns and Rollins, the door is wide open for him to work with Dean Ambrose, Daniel Bryan, guys like that.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOLOLOL Getting paid 1,000x what the active, competing guys make. Just to show up and talk about being tough. Instead of having to prove it ??? If this is good business. How far would you get with a roster full of guys paid the same way, to just pretend to to be wrestlers and do it twice a year? I guess we have conflicting views of what a beast and animal are. I say it is the guy that does it every night. 365 days out of the year. 24/7. Not some overweight DIVA, that wrestles even less then an actual DIVA does. In a year this clown beat a 50 year old man and 1 other guy. He's decimated all the competition???? LOLOLOL Where, in his imagination? maybe on his playstation? I think it is funny how they boo Cena. The guy at least WORKS 24/7, and not just a few times a year. I think Brocks new persona should be, Santa Claus, because Santa comes once a year. Which is pretty much how many times Brock wrestles. Ho ho ho, Wrestlemania just got even worse. Can't wait to see the half ass, crappy finish they are gonna regurgitate up now. LOLOLOL

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOLOL Well, he is more like just a DIVA, then a wrestler. So, he probably does get cramps

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, mike2118.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Thanks, mike2118.
    I think its pronounced clerk mate.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    peter griffin, not everyone is clerk. this guy has shown more of an opinion than you EVER had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I think this could be a defining moment in wrestling history. Brock chose WWE over UFC on live television in what will essentially be considered as a massive face turn by the Mania crowd. But he goes into Mania as a heel, against a face who nobody believes could credibly challenge Lesnar. If they stick with Reigns going over as the face it'll be a disaster even worse than the first time he signed and got beaten by Cena, plus Reigns will likely never recover from it. I still see Reigns kicking out of three F5s and winning clean and I think there's a good chance Mania ends with Reigns getting pelted with garbage.
    Nobody is going to pelt him with garbage. Just like nobody is going to riot. People will boo and be disgruntled and then come on here to complain.

I'm not saying I want Reigns to win but the hyperbole is ridiculous when it comes to what fans will do about the results of big matches.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There seems to be a budding WWE/ESPN alliance. Simmons on Raw, the documentary on NXT coming up, Brock's announcement on SportsCenter. Reigns and Heyman on Sports Nation or whatever that show was. Definitely a good thing for WWE if they can keep getting that kind of exposure and positive attention. Also, I want to see that Andre the Giant "30 for 30" that Simmons has been talking about. According to Simmons the problem is that WWE won't release the footage unless they get to produce it themselves. ESPN has done that kind of thing with a few of their documentaries and they've usually turned out to be the weakest ones (the Red Sox one that MLB produced, the NASCAR one). I hope this at least spurs WWE to do an Andre special, the "DVD" they released is just an old Coliseum Video with the Body Slam Challenge from Wrestlemania 1 added.

And if I were WWE I would try to use Brock Lesnar as the springboard to a new, more legitimate era of wrestling. I'd like to see them emphasize the sport in "sports entertainment" more than they have. Borrow parts of the presentation and style from UFC and boxing, but keep the bigger personalities. I'd try to ground the matches more in reality and emphasize the different styles of wrestling more (brawler, technician, power, high-flyer) and what happens when two guys with different styles go at it.

That Rusev training video is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. More of that, "tale of the tape," and more sports-style presentation.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    wrestling needs more trash throwing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    And if I were WWE I would try to use Brock Lesnar as the springboard to a new, more legitimate era of wrestling. I'd like to see them emphasize the sport in "sports entertainment" more than they have. Borrow parts of the presentation and style from UFC and boxing, but keep the bigger personalities. I'd try to ground the matches more in reality and emphasize the different styles of wrestling more (brawler, technician, power, high-flyer) and what happens when two guys with different styles go at it.

That Rusev training video is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. More of that, "tale of the tape," and more sports-style presentation.
    I completely agree with this, and it's kind of funny that a lot of sports started doing some of these things because they were copying the pageantry of pro wrestling.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody is going to pelt him with garbage. Just like nobody is going to riot. People will boo and be disgruntled and then come on here to complain.

I'm not saying I want Reigns to win but the hyperbole is ridiculous when it comes to what fans will do about the results of big matches.
    They did back in the day with Hogan. Why can't they do it now?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brock needs to keep the title for the next year. At least. Let Cena and Bryan elevate the other belts and make it a massive fucking event when the WWE Title is defended.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaJello View Post
    They did back in the day with Hogan. Why can't they do it now?
    They'll get chucked out and possibly arrested, that's why. And the crowd's a lot different from the late 1990s - you've got a lot of children who shouldn't be taught to throw things (and probably can't throw far anyway), their parents who should know better, and the remnants of wrestling fandom from the Attitude era who have grown up since then.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're more apathetic than anything if something goes the wrong way. The Bryan/Orton HIAC is the perfect example. The story was all perfectly there for Bryan to win and have the man who trained him raise his arm. When Shawn kicked him, it was just defeat. No one gave a fuck and that would likely be the reaction were Roman to win. The Rumble they booed and shat because they had the time to.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    wrestling needs more trash throwing
    Yeah, we could use another D'Lo/Droz incident.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    I don't think he meant throw shit into the ring in the middle of a match...

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    was that really from someone throwing stuff in the ring? odd since that hardly even happened in wwf compared to wcw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this to an extant, but I'm a fan of pro wrestling because it is a ridiculous and over the top form of entertainment. Of course there's nothing wrong with taking things seriously, especially for the bigger matches. I just wouldn't want the pendulum to swing too far that way.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    molotov cocktails plz

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bret Hart was pelted with garbage when he won his 5th wwe title. I don't know why it's out of the question that it might happen to someone now.

But of course there's always that all important question.

Who gives a shit?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Bret Hart was pelted with garbage when he won his 5th wwe title. I don't know why it's out of the question that it might happen to someone now.
    Because it's 2015 and WWE will threaten to kick people out for signs and costumes, and make plain at every show that anyone who throws something will be subject to arrest.

WWJZ Do?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be a great headline

THOUSANDS ARRESTED FOR PELTING WRESTLING RING WITH GARBAGE

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WrestleMania should be in Oceania

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mike View Post
    Because it's 2015 and WWE will threaten to kick people out for signs and costumes, and make plain at every show that anyone who throws something will be subject to arrest.
    It will be the last match of the night. Who exactly is going to give a fuck that they would get thrown out at the end of the last match? And I seriously doubt those fans throwing the garbage (many of them quite drunk) would consider that they might be arrested for doing so.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    It will be the last match of the night. Who exactly is going to give a fuck that they would get thrown out at the end of the last match? And I seriously doubt those fans throwing the garbage (many of them quite drunk) would consider that they might be arrested for doing so.
    they didnt pelt the ring at WM20 during brock/goldberg. they didnt pelt the ring at the rumble this year. or last year. they've never pelted the ring during any number of the moments they were at a breaking point with cena. stop trying to argue away the face its not gonna happen.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't remember the last time I saw trash thrown. Other than TNA when they did the Aces and Eights thing, but those were plants. Not even Victory Road 2011 with that bullshit that went down.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing getting thrown in the ring during the main event is Roman Reigns.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Brock smashes him and says "Puny Roman" I'll cum so hard that I'll have to wash the underwear in my drawer too.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Can't remember the last time I saw trash thrown. Other than TNA when they did the Aces and Eights thing, but those were plants. Not even Victory Road 2011 with that bullshit that went down.
    Dude, do you know how expensive that shit is? A soda is like $10. I don't care how pissed I am, I ain't tossing my fucking drink.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Throwing trash would be dumb, especially because if you accidentally hit Brock he'd likely rip off your balls and force you to wear them as earrings.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want anyone to throw trash at anybody. As much as some people might wish I wanted that.

I'm just saying theoretically it's not out of the realm of possibilities for a paper cup to get tossed in the ring by some drunkard after the main event is over. And it is a possibility. Because there will be paper cups, people have arms and there is a wrestling ring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well yeah there's always the possibility of a random lunatic chucking something at him. Cactus Lem who used to post here threw a water bottle at Bryan Danielson at an ROH show and almost caused a brawl.

But Andy said there was a good possibility the ring would be "pelted with garbage" which is complete nonsense and hyperbole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that I think back on that and see just how beloved Daniel Bryan has become, it is crazy to think he was such a good heel that people became enraged and threw shit at him after matches.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I vaguely recall that. Why did he throw a water bottle at Danielson?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because he beat Nigel McGuinness in England and was presumably heeling it up after the fact. I mean Cactus Lem was a bit of a loose cannon so there didn't have to be too much of a reason.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Plus, Danielson was a really fucking good heel. Like, really, really good.

The Stale Smell of Excess Jimmy Zero's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, WCW had crowds throwing garbage in the ring all the damn time. Was that a thing in WCW? I can't remember the last time I saw a WWE crowd throw garbage in the ring.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's unlikely the ring gets pelted, can't remember the last time a WWE ring got pelted (Probably Jericho a few times around 2009/10) but even though it probably won't all it takes is one drunk to throw his pint in and others will follow lead.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Zero View Post
    Man, WCW had crowds throwing garbage in the ring all the damn time. Was that a thing in WCW? I can't remember the last time I saw a WWE crowd throw garbage in the ring.
    it's probably a southern thing.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a reason I have a long storyline with him selling out to The Authority to get back to the top in my head. He could drive crowds crazy by totally selling out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Zero View Post
    Around the same time as when WCW was around. And WCW was WCW.

I miss WCW so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slimy heel Bryan who suits up and becomes HHH's puppy would be AMAZING IMO. He could go back to doing the "NO!" chant, which was hilarious in its day.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's a southern thing. Also, it happened when the NWO formed and it sort of caught on from there. WCW never seemed to have great security (I was at a Nitro once where a brawl cleared out an entire section. It was more entertaining than the show).