User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Outsider's Perspective

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    One of my friends refers to Dean Ambrose as "the guy that makes the stupid fucking facial expressions".
    Pretty on point, honestly.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant4Ever View Post
    Every time I open this thread, I'm expecting to get Hall and Nash's perspective on something.
    lol.

When I open this thread I just assume you all are making shit up. "My friend doesn't watch wrestling but cares about facial expressions" lol. Cuppa hataz.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He literally only watches it if I convince him to do so. That's the case with all but one of my friends.

Why is it so outlandish to believe that a non-fan could be taken out of a match by what they perceive to be an over the top reaction to pain?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    He pretty much only likes Seth Rollins.

The facial expression he was talking about was when Dean got slammed on a ladder during The Shield's first match and it looked like someone was tearing his insides out. It was over the top, and I say that as a big Dean Ambrose fan.
    Has your friend seen this?

Or this?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Has your friend seen this?

Or this?

No, but a ridiculous celebration and a gorilla impersonation is different from selling being dropped on a ladder like you've had a limb chopped off.

For the record, I don't really have a problem with Ambrose's selling, but I can see how it could elicit a "what the fuck?" reaction from some people.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wife and I are going to a house show next month. I believe it's SmackDown. My co-worker/friend and her boyfriend have decided to come with us. Neither of them know a damn thing about wrestling. She's asked that I give her a bit of briefing beforehand so she knows who to cheer/boo and what the hell's going on. Should be interesting.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's always been one of my favorite experiences: taking people who have no clue but want to know the low-down just so they can participate. Can lead to some interesting results, and usually the non-wrestling fans having a blast regardless.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't even know WWE were coming, she's actually the one who told me thanks to me being an out spoken wrestling fan. She heard the radio ad and left me a note on the whiteboard at work. So I rolled in on Monday and my coworkers were all "Did you hear WWE is coming to town? Are you going to go?" I asked my friends from my group that watches PPVs together but neither of them could go, so it was just going to be me and the missus. I mentioned this to my friend and she said, "I'll go with you but only if I can take my boyfriend and only if we sit by you because I don't know a damn thing about wrestling." Very curious to see if the show wins them over.

Also fuck all the bullshit fees they put on tickets, oh my god.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I didn't even know WWE were coming, she's actually the one who told me thanks to me being an out spoken wrestling fan. She heard the radio ad and left me a note on the whiteboard at work. So I rolled in on Monday and my coworkers were all "Did you hear WWE is coming to town? Are you going to go?" I asked my friends from my group that watches PPVs together but neither of them could go, so it was just going to be me and the missus. I mentioned this to my friend and she said, "I'll go with you but only if I can take my boyfriend and only if we sit by you because I don't know a damn thing about wrestling." Very curious to see if the show wins them over.

Also fuck all the bullshit fees they put on tickets, oh my god.
    raw or smackdown?

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    raw or smackdown?
    As I said, I think it's SmackDown. That was the presale code. The event''s just listed as WWE Live: Road to WrestleMania Tour.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found it much easier to "sell" wrestling storylines when you're watching it at home as opposed to go to a live event. It's like a movie, you can watch it and pretty much get a good idea as it goes on who's the bad guy and who's the good guy. With live events, and someone has no clue what's going on, it's hard to explain everything as it happens because of the environment but you can't just explain everything in the car on the way there either lol. But I've gone to events with people with little to no knowledge of the current product and they catch on pretty quick just by going with the flow.

My cousin Joe used to watch during the Attitude Era, he's about 3 years younger than me. A little over a month ago he got the Network and he's getting back into the current product but at Thanksgiving he says, "I have to know, why do the crowds hate on Roman Reigns so much?" It wasn't like he was saying he was a fan and couldn't figure out why others didn't like him, he just noticed that some of the ppvs this year he went back and watched as well as watching Survivor Series, the crowds booed the shit out of him. That's a hard one to explain to someone who is super casual. He GETS how wrestling works, but he's not a dirt sheet smark type fan, he's just a 32 year old grown man lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said, I think it's SmackDown. That was the presale code. The event''s just listed as WWE Live: Road to WrestleMania Tour.
    I missed the other post you made saying that. You have the potential to see a good card though.

Ambrose vs Miz, Cena vs Styles, usually they have a 6 man tag with the Wyatts, Becky vs Alexa, Nattie vs Nikki, Crews vs Ziggler, and a big tag team match.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only desire I have left in me to see the WWE live is to hit up another ppv before I die and take all 4 of my kids to an event. I've taken my sons a few times but neither of my daughters.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wife and I are going to a house show next month. I believe it's SmackDown. My co-worker/friend and her boyfriend have decided to come with us. Neither of them know a damn thing about wrestling. She's asked that I give her a bit of briefing beforehand so she knows who to cheer/boo and what the hell's going on. Should be interesting.
    I hope you made sure to tell them to boo the faces and cheer the heels.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    I hope you made sure to tell them to boo the faces and cheer the heels.
    lol.

"See that guy doing a good thing, boo the shit out of him". Which is pretty much real life. Anybody who does anything good in the world a thousand haters come out of nowhere discrediting what they're doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only when they suck and are shoved down people's throats.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Only when they suck and are shoved down people's throats.
    haha very true. In both wrestling and normal everyday life.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SmackDown house show is tonight.
    As mentioned, going with a couple friends who know jack squat about wrestling. As she requested, I made a silly reference guide for her with pictures of all the SD roster and little one sentence descriptions (harder than you'd expect) and if they were good/bad. The only name she knew was John Cena thanks to the Unexpected Cena memes (which she didn't "get" and asked me to explain). My other co-worker than incorrectly identified him by pointing to the Orton picture. Chatted a little bit about some of the folks and storylines just a bit which led to my other co-worker not understanding why I'd describe Alexa Bliss as a "super bitch" even though she's my favorite.
    Pretty curious to see what they think of everything. Haven't been to a live event in 5 years, so I'm hyped AF. Will report back after the show and let you know what a couple of wrestling virgins thought of their first time doin' it live.

Andy
    One sentence descriptions for beginners is a great thread idea. Make it happen mth

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a mate who's been showing more of an interest in wrestling and has been asking questions. He's shown a particular interest and watched some of his NXT stuff last year as he was impressed by his high flying. He asked me what Neville's up to at the moment so I told him about his heel king act and his response was that Neville should never go heel. I'll show him some footage next time we catch up and see if he's still around.

He then said "Don't tell me Big Show is still around?"

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Live show went fantastically. Such a fun time. My friend's boyfriend was into the old school stuff back in the day, so he knew Hogan, Duggan, Savage, Demolition, guys from that era. So wrestling itself wasn't totally new to him after all but these were still all new faces. They had a great time. They totally dove headfirst into being part of it, enthusiastically shouting and cheering, uninhibited about being very vocal much to the amusement of the people around us. Lots of laughs in our area. Will probably talk about it more with her at work this week, see if she has anything interesting to say. Really happy they enjoyed themselves.

My boss from work also knew I was going (he's off work after surgery) and was messaging my on FB before/after, asking if I was excited, hoping I had a good time, asking me how it was after, looking forward to seeing my pictures, etc..

Seriously guys, one piece of advice: don't be a closeted wrestling fan. Put it out there. Be known as the guy that likes wrestling. It's really much better that way.