Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul

Inter Milandy
    That's a big call, Skyler and Marie were both really interesting and complex characters. Big fan of Kim though and excited to see the development of Francesca's character.

Man, I really love this show. Yeah it's at a bit of a slower pace than Breaking Bad but it's absolutely gripping. The main four characters are superb.

I think that because the tape has been destroyed, Jimmy will get disbarred for perverting the course of justice. Which then sets Saul on the path of revenge.

Main Eventer
    Kim is great. Skylar and Marie were annoying bitches most of the time.

Inter Milandy
    Think they both had reason to be annoyed tbf

Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Great episode this week although at times I wish it would move a little faster. The Mike scenes are all well done and meticulous but I feel like they could have given us a bit more through 2 episodes this season. We've spent so much time with silent Mike and it's all great cinematography but I wouldn't mind if they shaved that down by 3-4 minutes and instead taken us a bit further than him answering the cell phone at the end. It's a small gripe.

The Jimmy/Chuck/Kim stuff this week was pretty great. The scenes with Saul's receptionist (same one from Breaking Bad) were enjoyable, even if only to see Jimmy teach her how to answer the phone and appeal to his elderly clients. Plus the difference in how Jimmy and Kim wanted to go about the interview process.

It was disappointing how bad Jimmy was when he was helping Mike. Really just an awful job of being inconspicuous at the chicken place, lol. It was well done how Gus appeared and Jimmy paid him literally zero thought. Gus blends in so well that when Jimmy was recapping all the details to Mike, mentioning Gus never even crossed his mind. I also noticed how amped up Jimmy was to help Mike- clearly he's thirsty for that type of criminal work over his boring estate planning. "A little crooked" was a nice touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLDBERG'S BEST FRIEND View Post
    For a former con man he didn't seem to know how to be low key at all.
    Well he was only attempting to be low key from the guy he was watching. He didn't know it really had anything to do with los pollos.

Kim is infinitely more interesting than any other woman of breaking bad.

I loved Gus coming behind Jimmy out of focus and walking right past him without the camera showing his face. It was a like a shark hunting an unknowing school of fish.

I thought for sure that Jimmy was going to ask Mike to sneak into Chuck's place at some point and steal the recorder, but Jimmy's anger blinded him. His emotions are his Achilles' heel. Had Jimmy waited one more day with confronting Chuck, Howard wouldn't have been there, and neither would've been the PI, most likely.

Last night's episode was excellent. My favorite of the season so far.

Inter Milandy
    This week's episode was the first time I was a little frustrated with the glacial pace of Jimmy's story. I'm fine with the slow build but something of a bit more substance could do with happening soon. I thought the finale of this season would be the transition to Saul but at this rate it'll end up just being the conclusion of the confession. There's not been any real tension the last couple of episodes. Mike and Gus' story on the other hand is full of suspense, really enjoyed seeing Don Eladio again and the wind chimes going like Hector's bell in BB was a great touch.
    Last edited by Andy; May 4th, 2017 at 1:21 PM.

I actually think Jimmy/Chuck's plot has been moving along strongly this season. The preview for next week shows them in court and I can't friggin wait for that. This episode was the set up - I don't know exactly what Jimmy and Kim's plan is with a) likely having Kim record Chuck saying there's a duplicate of the tape, b) having Mike take the photos in Chuck's house and c) having Mike take a piece of info from Chuck's address book. I mean, they could prove Chuck lured Jimmy in but I don't see how that would get Jimmy off the hook. Even though Chuck wanted this to happen, Jimmy still committed breaking and entering. So I think it'll be something more intricate/cunning. Looking forward to finding out their strategy and seeing Chuck and the prosecutor lady (shout out to the show Vice Principals) get knocked on their back.

The other half of the episode was a pure Breaking Bad episode, and it was solid. The opening scene was a little too on the nose for me (how Hector delivered his bag of money then 5 minutes later the other guy arrived with his bigger bag of Gus's money making Hector jealous) but that's a minor complaint.

Gus looks noticeably older IMO (Mike too) but I'm happy to overlook that for the sake of this awesome prequel show. This season is shaping up to be their strongest, IMO.

Thread Information