User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not 100% Rousey related but this morning I checked my Instagram and there was a picture from the set of the new movie Fight Valley and the pic was of Tate, Cyborg, and Holm on set together. I just thought it was cool because you could very well be seeing Rousey's final/next 3 opponents all in one shot.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Slare View Post
    The Tate fight was the one with money because of the new crowd Rousey has garnered and the fact that very few of them will have seen the first fight and people coming into the game over the last year wont know much about the second one either. They couldve built it on the fact Tate is the only one ever to take it past the first but I guess they want a fresh challenger and they have to go pretty far down the list to come to someone deserving who she hasnt beat yet. It'll be another first round destruction that'll lead perfectly into her big Mania match with Steph...
    The new Rousey crowd doesn't care at all who her opponent or anyone else on the card is.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Also I haven't caught Summerslam yet. Hero! I'm looking at you and your avatar.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Markus Hammer View Post
    The new Rousey crowd doesn't care at all who her opponent or anyone else on the card is.
    Not true. Prime example, Rousey's last fight. My gf, she doesn't watch MMA, could probably tell you 3 people and 2 of them are Brock Lesnar and Ronda Rousey. The 3rd might be Dana White or Miesha Tate. With that said.....She wanted to order the Rousey-Bethe fight simply because of the shit Bethe was talking toward Rousey about suicide. So I definitely think her opponent does matter, it should. I get what you are saying though, I can see your side of it I just don't agree with it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't know your gf but she likely would have wanted to order the ppv regardless of Correia's retarded hype job. The new Rousey crowd consists of women and pro wrestling fans who saw her at Wrestlemania. They really don't give a shit about MMA, though CM Punk's debut on a Rousey card wouldn't be a terrible idea.

If Rousey/Tate III can sell after the two dominations Rousey put Tate through before, then any fight with Rousey can sell. There is seriously zero upside to a third fight between two fighters when one is up 2-0 in dominant one-sided performances.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know your gf but she likely would have wanted to order the ppv regardless of Correia's retarded hype job. The new Rousey crowd consists of women and pro wrestling fans who saw her at Wrestlemania. They really don't give a shit about MMA, though CM Punk's debut on a Rousey card wouldn't be a terrible idea.

If Rousey/Tate III can sell after the two dominations Rousey put Tate through before, then any fight with Rousey can sell. There is seriously zero upside to a third fight between two fighters when one is up 2-0 in dominant one-sided performances.
    No she wouldn't have because it wasn't Ronda Rousey that made her want to order the ppv. It was because both my gf and Ronda's fathers committed suicide and my gf didn't like Bethe making that comment about how she hoped Ronda didn't kill herself. My gf is very much involved in suicide prevention and this struck a nerve.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ok. Well she's the only one on planet earth then. Most Rousey fans didn't have a clue who Bethe Correia was before she was lined up to fight Rousey and only ordered the card because Rousey was on it. Ditto with regards to Rousey/Zingano.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. Well she's the only one on planet earth then. Most Rousey fans didn't have a clue who Bethe Correia was before she was lined up to fight Rousey.
    It was a learning experience for her as she had never even seen her fight, so she wasn't expecting the inevitable. I was happy to order the ppv, first time in probably 2 years I ordered one ( I think the last one I ordered myself was Diaz v. GSP). The undercard had my interest and since there were like 6 fights plus Rousey, I had no issue considering I knew even if Rousey finished quick, there were 6 other fights to make up for dropping 60 bucks.

So anyway....We start watching it a little later, had the DVR set up so we start it around 10:30....Rousey's fight came on around 1, my gf had passed out. I wake her up when it started.....40 seconds later I hear my gf go "That's it?" And I'm like yeah, that's why I was glad there were 6 other fights! lol. She was like, I knew you had said she ended fights quick but that was fast!

Doubt we'll be ordering the next Rousey card lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    In fairness Rousey/Holm is far more interesting than Rousey/Correia. Holm will be the underdog of course but nobody who knows anything about the sport gave Bethe a snowball's chance in hell. Not to mention the UFC usually goes all out for the January cards.

Interestly enough is this is the second time Conor headlines a ppv the month before Rousey. UFC 189 was an exponentially better show than UFC 190 but it got far less attention because casual fans don't care quite as much about McGregor (though they should). I have a feeling we're in for a repeat but Aldo/McGregor + Weidman/Rockhold is a far superior main and co-main than Rousey/Holm + JJ/Gadelha II.

Speaking of UFC 194 in December Frankie Edgar has agreed to step in vs either Holloway or Stephens. I like the timing of this as it sets up insurance should Aldo pull out again.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fairness Rousey/Holm is far more interesting than Rousey/Correia. Holm will be the underdog of course but nobody who knows anything about the sport gave Bethe a snowball's chance in hell. Not to mention the UFC usually goes all out for the January cards.

Interestly enough is this is the second time Conor headlines a ppv the month before Rousey. UFC 189 was an exponentially better show than UFC 190 but it got far less attention because casual fans don't care quite as much about McGregor (though they should). I have a feeling we're in for a repeat but Aldo/McGregor + Weidman/Rockhold is a far superior main and co-main than Rousey/Holm + JJ/Gadelha II.

Speaking of UFC 194 in December Frankie Edgar has agreed to step in vs either Holloway or Stephens. I like the timing of this as it sets up insurance should Aldo pull out again.
    I've just come to the realization that nobody is going to be "far more interesting" than the last other than it's a different fight. Neither Bethe or Holly have shown me a performance in the UFC that made me think they were going to do better than the 7-10 people ranked higher than them that already failed miserably. The fact neither of them fought a single top 10 fighter to get a title shot is mindblowing but that's what happens when the top fighters all get whipped. You have to figure out ways to overhype people. They did that with Bethe, riding the drama aspect to the fullest because they knew they couldn't say "well she beat Tate, Cat, and Kauffman" because she beat 2 scrubs that train with Ronda. Ronda wanted the fight even before the comments about suicide solely because of Bethe talking about killing off the 4 Horsewomen.

With Rousey it's how I look at fights with Jon Jones. I don't care who they put up against him, I'll always think Jones has it in the bag. 1 time with Gus, who came into the fight with the hype of "they have similar reach", he gave Jones a run for his money. Nobody other than Gus has done that and Gus still lost and would probably lose 10/10 times regardless. Rousey, same thing, I don't see any fights any more or less interesting outside of the usual open mindness you have to take with MMA fights in general. But comparing what Holm has done in MMA versus Ronda's accomplishments, you might as well have the 2 of us fight Ronda with her hands tied behind her back and pray we make it to minute 1 lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oh I guarantee I'd beat her if her hands were tied behind her back.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I guarantee I'd beat her if her hands were tied behind her back.
    She would take you down with her feet and submit you with a leg lock. Then her shoulder would trip me and she'd use her head to bust out some UFC 1 type submission with her head digging into my throat for the tap out lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd punch her in the face one time and she'd be in a coma.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd punch her in the face one time and she'd be in a coma.
    But then the decision would probably be overturned and then you'd be suspended for at least a year

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm all natural man baby.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the rumor mill was that Rousey was fucking around with Travis Browne, you know, married Travis Browne who's under investigation for beating his wife. Apparently the guy's wife put the relationship on blast via Twitter. She's bad ass but I don't know if she's bad ass enough to take out Browne if the shit gets rough. lol.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id rather have had Tate III but Holm isnt a bad fight. In terms of combat sports shes probably the best fighter Rousey will have fought and if it was stand up only then Id fancy Holm to do the job but ultimately I just cant see her going the distance without hitting the mat and thatll be the end of it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    So the rumor mill was that Rousey was fucking around with Travis Browne, you know, married Travis Browne who's under investigation for beating his wife. Apparently the guy's wife put the relationship on blast via Twitter. She's bad ass but I don't know if she's bad ass enough to take out Browne if the shit gets rough. lol.
    First Schaub and then Browne. She's got... interesting taste.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First Schaub and then Browne. She's got... interesting taste.
    Part of me thinks that her best match would be someone like Leonard from Big Bang Theory. I can't picture Travis Browne or Schaub caring one bit about her yapping about Dragon Ball Z.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I can't picture one bit her getting a lady boner for Leonard from TBBT.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by percussion13 View Post
    I can't picture one bit her getting a lady boner for Leonard from TBBT.
    I can't picture you picturing her picturing a picture of a lady boner but I can still picture her being with a type of guy that has a picture of Leonard from Big Bang looking at a picture of him picturing his picture.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Quit trying to picture me.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronda seems to like heavyweights.

I am heavy in weight. She might like me.

Except Travis Browne has 7 inches on me and doesn't weigh much more than me.

I'm Spinning Around! sam_elmendorf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess Ronda is doing a remake of Roadhouse. She's taking the lead roll and asked for her blessing from Swayze's widow.
    Last edited by sam_elmendorf; September 14th, 2015 at 3:22 PM. Reason: Had Blues in there for some reason. Probably because I woke up this morning and I had myself a beer...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Wow. I don't remember Swayze dying.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. I don't remember Swayze dying.
    Yeah a few years ago, had cancer I believe. I think he lasted a year after being diagnosed. Did a t.v. show during that time and died before the finale aired.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/n...FAZ21haWwuY29t

Tank v. Rousey, who takes it? And can it be in my backyard?

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would happen if Ronda faced Floyd Mayweather in a boxing ring Dana White?

Tank Abott outweights Honda by about 130 pounds. One punch would shatter her ovaries.
    Last edited by Spedizzo; September 24th, 2015 at 4:00 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I could kick Rousey's ass, I'd imagine one haymaker from Tank Abbot and she's dead.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Rousey has said before that she would never fight a man – for the simple reason that "I don't think we should celebrate a man hitting a woman in any kind of setting" – but perhaps she could make an exception just this once and take Tank up on his challenge? We're sure there are plenty of folks out there who'd love to see him get knocked the fuck out.
    Tank is old, fat, washed up and never was very skilled even his prime 20 years ago, no way in hell RRR could ever do that though. Some peeps are very delusional. Ronda, Edmund and Dana like to talk about how Rousey would beat Mayweather in a street fight, the best female professional boxers and the female elite in BJJ because they know none of it will ever happen.

Only way for RRR to win would be to hold on to his leg spider-monkey style and do some heel hook, knee bar, ankle lock or whatever. Even that is highly unlikely though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They do say a bunch of weird random shit lol. The only weird random shit I want to hear is the Pride lady announce her and Cyborg in Japan under Pride rules. If she thinks she can take on Floyd how about Cyborg? I want to hear Bas and Quadros at the booth going ape shit over stomps lol.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Kind of annoys me how she does shit like call out the elite BJJ females in the world saying she'd beat them all, and when like 50 girls answer the challenge she goes "yeah, not unless you pay me more than the UFC, lol..". Of course fighting PBF is pure fantasy and Dana would never let her compete in boxing or kickboxing/Muay Thai. However, plenty of UFC guys have competed in Metamoris, so what's stopping Ronda? Put up or shut up, eh?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing you hear out of a lot of MMA fighters and boxers, kickboxers, wrestlers, is that they tend to respect the other's sport more often than not. A boxer knows his limits in MMA, and an MMA fighter knows that what they train in boxing would get them murdered. Maybe some females in MMA think that the depth isn't there in other combat sports so that's why you hear shit like Ronda could take out any pro female boxer, but I honestly don't follow women's boxing at all so I have no clue what to think of that. I do know that Rousey talks way too much shit, so does her camp, yet like you said, what's stopping her from doing a Metamorphosis card? Too big of a name? Is that what becomes of so many talented fighters, they just yap and then use money as the out? Imagine if Metamorphosis offered her what she gets paid by the UFC for, would she honestly take the offer? Part of me says hell no, but who knows, maybe in a few years when Roadhouse doesn't blow the doors off the box office she'll do some stuff like that.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Nicolini vs Rousey, in a gi.

Really that would be incredible.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was the name of that gigantic BJJ woman who challenged Ronda? She made Cyborg look like an infant she was fucking HUGE.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Gabi Garcia.

She's slimmed down some. Some.

from

to

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to see Ronda Rousey vs Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match damnit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Are you unsure of the outcome or just want to watch Floyd beat up another chick?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rousey would get killed in a boxing match.

I have to know....Did this Floyd v. Ronda stuff start when Floyd was in trouble for hitting his woman or did this start beforehand? It just always seems like whenever someone talks shit about Floyd as it pertains to what Ronda can or can't do it always goes back to "So Floyd can hit another woman?" Was Floyd talking about fighting Ronda or did Ronda say "Hey if he wants to fight a woman let me step in" or something wild and dumb like that?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    It's from before Ronda. I think Chuck called out Floyd years back saying he had a training partner who would whoop him. Since then everytime a similar size guy to Mayweather gets hot the comparisons ring out and Ronda fell perfectly in line size wise and being a chick theoretically fighting a chick abuser.

EDIT: I think it was Banuelos.
    Last edited by percussion13; September 25th, 2015 at 4:23 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting article about Rousey wanting to be a UFC champion, boxing champion, and WWE women's champion.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/r...s-champ-102715

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Floyd Mayweather is one of the GOATs so Chuck was talking shite. Seriously Floyd has no real equal. He made Manny look like a fool. Great boxing doesn't have to look good.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Interesting article about Rousey wanting to be a UFC champion, boxing champion, and WWE women's champion.

I could see Ronda just fighting another year or two, she's talking about retirement quite often actually. I think the plan is to exit undefeated from the UFC and then go do Hollywood and WWE part-time. She would definitely be the perfect chick to pull off the Shane Douglas ECW/NWA double-cross angle. You know, calling out the Divas title for the trash that it is, proclaiming herself WWE Women's champion. You just know certain people would go crazy for that. If you want to take it one step further have Ronda proclaim herself WWE World champion plain and simple. There's a movement here in Sweden that wants the "women's/ladies" prefix removed from any kind of sport. You know, why call it "Ladies premier league" when the mens version is just called "The Premier League"? That's sexist and marginalizing females, or something like that..

Quote Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball View Post
    Floyd Mayweather is one of the GOATs so Chuck was talking shite. Seriously Floyd has no real equal. He made Manny look like a fool. Great boxing doesn't have to look good.
    C'mon now, everyone knows Antonio Banuelos and RRR would straight up whoop PBF in boxing, just ask Dana White.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to see Ronda Rousey in an evening gown match now

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    I want to see Ronda Rousey in an evening gown match now
    lol that's random.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ever see this dress she wore on Kimmel? http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...4176641242.jpg

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Ever see this dress she wore on Kimmel? http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...4176641242.jpg
    Yep Yep. She looked good.

Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    She's such a badass. :love:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden

Think she has reconsidered being boxing champ??

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    Think she has reconsidered being boxing champ??
    No. Why would she? It's not like she said she's just going to quit MMA and then 2 weeks later fight for the title in boxing.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Doesn't matter, she'll never be able to compete at high level boxing or kickboxing. Her striking is very rudiment and has only worked because the threat of the takedown or because her opponents has had shit striking themselves (sans Holly of course). What would Holm have done to her if the takedown threat hadn't been there? It would have been even more brutal. What would the Muay Thai chick Cyborg fought had done to her? Total demolition.

Edmund saying RRR could beat pro boxers doesn't make it true.
    Last edited by OD50; November 18th, 2015 at 2:29 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't matter, she'll never be able to compete at high level boxing or kickboxing. Her striking is very rudiment and has only worked because the threat of the takedown or because her opponents has had shit striking themselves (sans Holly of course). What would Holm have done to her if the takedown threat hadn't been there? It would have been even more brutal. What would the Muay Thai chick Cyborg fought had done to her? Total demolition.

Edmund saying RRR could beat pro boxers doesn't make it true.
    Again, do you think that she would just hop into a title fight? Ronda would dedicate her life to elevating her boxing if that were the case. Just like you don't see her just hopping into a WWE ring and wanting to put on an Iron Man match lol. Let's take all the fluff from the likes of Edmund and Dana White and put that to the side...Do you my main man OD50, do you believe that she COULD be a boxing champion if she dedicated her training to strictly boxing?

Shit I'm basically just asking do you honestly believe that she wouldn't come prepared if she decided to get into boxing? This is just her saying it's something she WANTS to accomplish. She's not saying she could leave MMA today and be a champion in boxing tomorrow. To be honest I don't watch enough women's boxing to even know how far behind Ronda is. I mean this chick came in to MMA and dominated staples of the MMA world and she had one move.

IMHO, I don't think she could be a boxing champion, but I also don't watch women's boxing. I saw Kimbo Slice come in with caveman techniques and he whipped like 10 dudes right off the bat. I don't think Ronda would have enough time to get to a point where she'd be getting the top tier fighters to get a shot. Usually you need about 20 wins over jabronis and THEN you get to fight the elite. By that time she'd be pushing 40 lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always thought she had shit hands, anyone who was buying into the hype of her being able to box with good female boxers in training were probably high as a kite lol. It's like believing Warlord actually bench pressed a semi truck on Prime Time.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    According to Ronda, Edmund, Dana and her fans she can..

Beat pro boxing champions in boxing
    Beat kickboxing champions in kickboxing
    Beat elite BJJ girls in grappling
    Beat Cain Velasquez under the "right circumstances"
    Beat Floyd Mayweather in a street fight
    Beat some of the UFC's 135 male (and I assume 125) division.

Do people even realize what one of the UFC's 135'ers would do to her? Wtf..

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Ronda, Edmund, Dana and her fans she can..

Beat pro boxing champions in boxing
    Beat kickboxing champions in kickboxing
    Beat elite BJJ girls in grappling
    Beat Cain Velasquez under the "right circumstances"
    Beat Floyd Mayweather in a street fight
    Beat some of the UFC's 135 male (and I assume 125) division.

Wtf..
    The first 2 definitely a no...But I've seen subpar BJJ guys beat elite. I saw some video where a 16 year old submitted I THINK Sarah Kauffman or Sarah McMann in like 20 seconds.

If she kicks Cain V in the nuts that's it for him, plus he's made of glass so he'd probably get injured before they could even go at it.

Anything is posible in a street fight. Up until Saturday night 90% of the population thought it was possible lol.

I think she could beat some guys. Not being a troll on that one either, just because you're a guy doesn't automatically mean your skill set improves dramatically lol.

WITH ALL OF THAT SAID MY FRIEND, it's fucking stupid hearing that shit BUT it worked because her influence is heavy and I'm sure a lot of women/girls are inspired in various ways by what Ronda's done and they don't feel like combat sports is strictly a man's world anymore.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I'd seriously have to question A) how good the 16 yo actually was B) how good Kauffman or McMann actually are C) how seriously they took sparring with said 16 yo.

Subpar BJJ guys don't submit elite BJJ practitioners. That concept is literally the whole methodology of moving up the ladder in any reputable training facility.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Being a guy does mean you've got roughly 30% more muscle mass, thicker bone density, is more explosive, faster etc. I know that isn't PC today but it's true. A lesser skilled 135 male would nuke Ronda on physical tools alone.

I like to post this video when people doubt that..

Lucia Rijker, one of the most elite female combat sports females of all time; 37-0 kickboxing/Muay Thai / 17-0 boxing. Much, much more proven and accomplished in those sports than Ronda currently is in MMA. Lucia once got a flush of that Ronda hubris and decided she could beat a man in her weight class..

She fought Somchai Jaidee, who I guess is the equivalent of Ronda against some random low level 135'er fighting on the prelims of Wild Bills Fight Night
    Last edited by OD50; November 18th, 2015 at 3:12 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd seriously have to question A) how good the 16 yo actually was B) how good Kauffman or McMann actually are C) how seriously they took sparring with said 16 yo.

Subpar BJJ guys don't submit elite BJJ practitioners. That concept is literally the whole methodology of moving up the ladder in any reputable training facility.
    The story was that I guess Sarah subbed this girl twice before and the 3rd time they met the young girl subbed her.

Subpar BJJ guys have submitted elite BJJ fighters. Kevin Burns for example submitted Roan Carneiro. There are guys who go into grappling tournaments with minimal experience and win them against top grapplers. To say they DON'T is pretty general, because they do, but it's not frequent.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being a guy does mean you've got roughly 30% more muscle mass, thicker bone density, is more explosive, faster etc. I know that isn't PC today but it's true. A lesser skilled 135 male would nuke Ronda on physical tools alone.

I like to post this video when people doubt that..

Lucia Rijker, one of the most elite female combat sports females of all time; 37-0 kickboxing/Muay Thai / 17-0 boxing. Much, much more proven and accomplished in those sports than Ronda currently is in MMA. Lucia once got a flush of that Ronda hubris and decided she could beat a man in her weight class..

She fought Somchai Jaidee, who I guess is the equivalent of Ronda against some random low level 135'er fighting on the prelims of Wild Bills Fight Night
    That vid was awesome.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Day The Joe Rogan Died

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha it sounded like a "holy shit" chant was going on faintly in the background.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here is the whole episode of JGE post UFC 193 with Rogan and Dana White for anyone interested:

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this the most talked about loss of all time? I was not big into MMA forums when Serra beat GSP but the closest I can think of would be when Weidman beat Anderson the first time. The only difference though is hardly anyone turned their back on Silva, nobody really scoffed at his accomplishments in a division that wasn't exactly as deep as others, and Weidman didn't exactly get much praise as most considered both of his wins against Silva as flukes (that comment should get Hammer out of the jungle).

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    The story was that I guess Sarah subbed this girl twice before and the 3rd time they met the young girl subbed her.

Subpar BJJ guys have submitted elite BJJ fighters. Kevin Burns for example submitted Roan Carneiro. There are guys who go into grappling tournaments with minimal experience and win them against top grapplers. To say they DON'T is pretty general, because they do, but it's not frequent.
    A mere upset sub by a guy with a BJJ background in an MMA fight is a far cry from a subpar BJJ guy tapping an elite BJJ practitioner in a BJJ/submission grappling competition.
    Last edited by percussion13; November 19th, 2015 at 1:57 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Yeah, although Kevin Randleman and Gabe Gonzaga KO'd CC, no way in hell that would have happened under K-1 rules. MMA changes a lot about striking and grappling. It's hard to strike when someone is trying to take you down, and it's hard to grapple when someone is punching you in the face.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A mere upset sub by a guy with a BJJ background in an MMA fight is a far cry from a subpar BJJ guy tapping an elite BJJ practitioner in a BJJ/submission grappling competition.
    Yeah, although Kevin Randleman and Gabe Gonzaga KO'd CC, no way in hell that would have happened under K-1 rules. MMA changes a lot about striking and grappling. It's hard to strike when someone is trying to take you down, and it's hard to grapple when someone is punching you in the face.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely the most talked about loss ever because Ronda is a mainstream celebrity in a way that no other UFC fighter has ever been.

The idea of Ronda beating men has always been pretty dumb. I can't estimate exactly how big the skill gap would have to be for it to happen, but it would have to be big. The male body is so much stronger and faster than the female body that it's hard to make up the difference. Of course Ronda could beat the shit out of the average man, but UFC fighters are peak athletes. She would probably get smashed by any UFC 135er, but that's not a knock on her. The idea of her fighting men is rooted in sexism in that it implies she has something to prove. She doesn't have to be able to win fights against men to be a bad ass or a great fighter, she proved that by destroying ever female fighter put in front of her.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Definitely the most talked about loss ever because Ronda is a mainstream celebrity in a way that no other UFC fighter has ever been.

The idea of Ronda beating men has always been pretty dumb. I can't estimate exactly how big the skill gap would have to be for it to happen, but it would have to be big. The male body is so much stronger and faster than the female body that it's hard to make up the difference. Of course Ronda could beat the shit out of the average man, but UFC fighters are peak athletes. She would probably get smashed by any UFC 135er, but that's not a knock on her. The idea of her fighting men is rooted in sexism in that it implies she has something to prove. She doesn't have to be able to win fights against men to be a bad ass or a great fighter, she proved that by destroying ever female fighter put in front of her.
    I agree. Sure it's fun to talk about Ronda or other female fighters v. men but it's not something I'm wanting to see. Shit I have a hard time listening to people dispute the fact that Bruce Lee would get killed by most MMA fighters. Fuck those people.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Fuck people who think Lee could have competed in MMA today?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck people who think Lee could have competed in MMA today?

Fuck those people crushing my fantasy of my idol Bruce Lee not being able to go from 1969 to 2015 in a time machine and whip the shit out of everyone in the Octagon lol.

What was that movie with Jet Li where he had to fight like Tito Ortiz and a bunch of other MMA fighters at one time? Kiss the Dragon? That's what I pretend Bruce would do to the likes of Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, etc.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is unfair to say how Bruce Lee would do in the Octagon because Bruce Lee was from a different time. MMA has changed so much since then.

From what I read about Bruce Lee, I think he was extremely disciplined, was genetically gifted, and had GSP like worth ethic. Based on that alone, had an adolescent Bruce Lee been around today or a few years ago and been training the modern day hybrid style of MMA, I believe he could have been successful based on all of the traits he exhibited that I described above.

But if you just tossed 1969 Bruce Lee in the Octagon against Jose Aldo or Chad Mendes? He would easily get destroyed, no question.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah for sure. I think that the example you used about if Bruce Lee came up in this time he could be a beast.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Sir Markus Hammer banned?

I wanted to hear his Ronda analysis.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Been pondering and I think this ranks in my top 5/top 3 KO's of all time. Good job Holly.

Last edited by OD50; November 21st, 2015 at 6:01 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    No reason Bruce Lee couldn't have been a successful MMA fighter if give modern training combined with being a super athlete and a physical specimen. From what I understand he did quite a bit of cross-training back in the day as well, one of the reasons he was very disliked by TMA "masters"...

Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water
    Someone with only a year of training in boxing and wrestling could easily defeat a martial artist of twenty years experience
    These quotes shows quite well Lee's mindset attitude towards cross training several disciplines. The last one must have had old masters fuming..

I bet even this old delusional fart believes it today..
    Last edited by OD50; November 21st, 2015 at 6:19 AM.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok fair enough then

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brendon Schaub comes off as such a spastic.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No reason Bruce Lee couldn't have been a successful MMA fighter if give modern training combined with being a super athlete and a physical specimen. From what I understand he did quite a bit of cross-training back in the day as well, one of the reasons he was very disliked by TMA "masters"...

These quotes shows quite well Lee's mindset attitude towards cross training several disciplines. The last one must have had old masters fuming..

I bet even this old delusional fart believes it today..
    Judging by how he thinks he actually hurts people, I think I could walk into that dojo and knock that man out with one punch. He got hit once and crumbled lol, wtf??

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden

Knew I recognised that LHK/hammerfist combo from somewhere..

Last edited by OD50; November 25th, 2015 at 6:37 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    One of my all-time favorite gifs got even better:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least now we know where she got it from

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But she's dropping world champion boxers with body shots!

Eh, I've had my fill of cracking on R3. All these Holly fans creeping out of the sewer, I wonder where they'll be if this chick doesn't retain her title against Tate or Ronda in her next fight. I'm sure we'll be hearing things like, FLUKE, or the Holm-Rousey fight was rigged so Ronda's comeback would do astronomical ppv numbers....Something stupid lol.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    For whatever reason I went back and rewatched Rousey/Tate from Strikeforce and realised what great shape Rousey used to be in. Huge difference from her later fights.

vs. Tate in Strikeforce:

vs. Bethe (?) in the UFC:

vs. Holm in the UFC:

Promo pic from when she was Strikeforce champ:

What happened??

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who knows, someone said that she probably got used to training for 20 second fights lol. One has to wonder when a fighter becomes so engulfed in outside obligations if the training goes off the to the side compared to when you didn't have anything but training and fighting going on in your life. Ronda in Strikeforce v. Ronda in the UFC are 2 totally different people imo. It's just like with Liddell, when he started doing movies and shit, he didn't look as in shape or as hungry as he did back when he was obliterating Tito and Randy. I even remember Tito in the build to their rematch giving Chuck shit about having a beer belly (I think it was due to a foot injury Chuck had where he couldn't train).

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I guess HH beating RR was a pretty big deal for the Albuquerque peeps:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/-9pIhuqEW5/

Good for them.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess HH beating RR was a pretty big deal for the Albuquerque peeps:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/-9pIhuqEW5/

Good for them.
    Somebody yesterday joked that it's a pretty big deal only because what else do those people have to do with their lives lol. It's not exactly New York City, I'm sure if Jeremy Stephens won the FW title Des Moines would throw him a parade too because we don't have shit here to celebrate either lol. All jokes aside that's pretty awesome for her city to show that kind of appreciation.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark your calendars, January 23rd Ronda Rousey will be hosting SNL with musical guest Selena Gomez. Got the lube ready.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I get that you're in Sweden where the women rate anywhere from a 9/10 to 10/10 but you have to admit when she cleans up she looks GOOOOOOD. And damn that's a funny comparison, I love that guy!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronda will be on one of 3 variant covers for this year's Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition magazines:

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rousey contemplated suicide immediately after losing to Holm......I'm sure I'll be watching her appearance on Ellen since my gf DVR's it everyday. She looks real good but damn, talk about hitting rock bottom.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/eye...killing-myself

I mean, she does say something that reflects the massive turnaround on how people view her after that loss...What is she now that she lost? It does seem like she took a hit in popularity after that loss and all of the sudden she wasn't even any good lol. But suicide? I know she dealt with serious depression in this past.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Her own ego was all in on all the hype just like everybody else. Saying it must have been devastating seems pretty obvious now, and clearly doesn't even say enough. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that's ever gone in such a 180 of incredible, untouchable supernova success to absolute eviscerating defeat quite as dramatically and quickly as she did.

Human beings generally aren't built psychologically to handle being hoisted the way she was. It's such a bizarre way that we as a society gauge our own insecurities by making giant transparent examples of celebrities. She felt the untenable weight of all of that turn on her the moment that fight ended. Couldn't imagine.

Good for her in a sense to have this catharsis.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The realization that she should kill herself is not exactly something to praise. Especially when her father committed suicide and she's battled with depression in the past. It's sad but in a way the realization should be that guess what Ronda, you're only human, you can bounce back. Honestly I was reading this and I'm sure I'll watch it when I get home but to me, it reminded me of the hit GSP's mentality took after the Serra lost. He was seeing a sports psychologist and even his approach to MMA changed. He went on to have a fantastic career obviously, and I think Ronda will have a great comeback as well.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    You really need to see the video.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Rousey is a hell of a sport entertainer. She's laying down the foundation of her road to redemption storyline in the rematch with Holm.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Or she'll actually have to be kept away from sharp objects when Holm stonewalls her again.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's fucking nuts. She goes from momentarily considering suicide because she's so helpless to seeing travis Browne (her boyfriend of a couple of months at that point) and deciding that she needs to have his babies. Nuts.