User Tag List

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: VHS Wrestling Journey

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's no secret that I've been aiming for LU for quite some time now. I've done pretty much all that I can here in the Bay Area, and feel I'm ready to be of service to them... but I'm positive I'm not alone in noticing the buzz around LU has dissipated. Why? The possibilities seemed endless only a year ago, and now it feels like something has been missing. I haven't watched yesterday's episode yet, but I did see them post a teaser for the next half of season 3 which is Summer 2017. Are you kidding me? That's in incredibly long time to wait, and I immediately knew something was very wrong.

Then I come across this article and the red flags just start to sink in. Is this show going belly up? Do I want to continue investing time trying to get into a sinking ship? When was the last time we saw a LU commercial outside of El Rey? When do we ever see Jeff Cobb wrestle as Matanza or Ricochet wrestle as Puma outside of the Temple doors? Never. Why has their merchandise been so incredibly lackluster and why haven't they teamed w/ Masked Republic yet? And why don't they tour at all? I mean they did that small setup late last year, the one that I thought I'd get to shoot, but from what I hear from close friends it turned out to be disappointing. There's been no real sign of flourishing or expansion

I certainly hope by the time the show comes back that the high-ups have gotten their shit together because if not... this could be the biggest disappointment wrestling has seen in a long time.

http://hubpages.com/sports/LU-Promotion-of-Tomorrow

If LU is headed for extinction, then I may very well end this wrestling journey.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The past few months have been a lot of fun; had a tremendous experience shooting at the Cow Palace 2 weeks ago. Not only was I hired to do backstage portraits, but also ringside highlights. I'd never done both simultaneously so that in itself was a nice way to test everything I've learned in the last several years.

One aspect I feel I've really become comfortable with (finally) is direction. Most of the time I'm shooting things as they happen, but now that I'm diving into photography it's become more imperative that I know how to speak/direct certain performers. Cody Rhodes is definitely my favorite to photograph, and working w/ him is always a breeze. Very professional and the immensely calm when approached for shots. Here is my most recent collaboration w/ him.

Will be traveling to Atlanta next month, which will be the furthest I've traveled for a wrestling gig.

Man of the Community
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Very cool, VHS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VHS that photo you posted on fb of Gangrel was just awesome as fuck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, guys.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things have been alright lately, although I've been feeling a bit down on myself for not making it to LU. It wasn't easy to realize I needed to bail on the idea of shooting for them, and so the last 2 months have been kind of a downer. However, I did get to shoot wrestling on the East Coast for the first time for Mucha Lucha, based in Georgia. It was an immense experience, meeting and reuniting w/ a lot of the LU folks. Some even looked at me like "Hey, aren't you the California guy?"

This next weekend I'll have Pentagon twice back here in the Bay Area, but I'll just be doing backstage portraits. My wrestling videography work has been lessening while my photography has been increasing... and that's not a bad thing really.

If there's one thing that I've learned, and it's taken me this long to realize it... is that wrestling doesn't go anywhere. And I mean in the sense that there is no destination. It just keeps going and going and going. Up until now, I thought things were like sports. You start in little league, you make it to high school, then college ball, then the minors, then the majors. Wrestling isn't like that. It's an ever-revolving roller coaster that will always bring the same experience to you... only every time it feels new.

Last edited by VHS; July 2nd, 2017 at 1:47 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been a long journey, but it's now over. Love you all. The Temple calls for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ???

Thread Information