User Tag List

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 1,101 to 1,166 of 1166

Thread: The UFC Fight Pass Events General Thread

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'd stopped hand fighting and seemed ready to go out. Yamasaki definitely denied Lee an emphatic victory by erring on the ridiculous side of caution, give it a couple of seconds of being out cold in a choke, it's not going to fucking kill the guy. Bad officiating that no doubt benefitted Chiesa in the long run, he was a beaten man but now there's an asterix. Lee looked fantastic for his age, really grown into a talent despite being a bellend.

Great to see Hendricks lose. You've got a beyond shopwarn BJ Penn making 145lbs and he can't make 185? Absurd. Good for Boetsch, a good guy.

Herrig is legit in contention now. That's mad.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha, you said "that stinks". (I legit laughed)

Anyway...Dude I watched that fight, the only 2 fights I honestly cared about on the FS1 showing were Penn and Felice's fights. I imagine I probably just thought it was like dried blood haha but I wasn't really paying super close attention to anything coming out...

Isn't just amazing how many fighters have been knocked out, choked out, or almost one or the other and I've heard of this happening twice. In any promotion not just UFC. Did Bethe really shit herself after R3 knocked her out? That'd be 3 total.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh.
    Last edited by Mik; June 26th, 2017 at 5:34 PM. Reason: Where do you think you are here?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Penn's downfall IMHO is that he chooses to stand too often because he bought into a lot of hype about his hands. Which at one point he did have great hands for MMA but that fight last night he was headhunting. You could hear his corner clear as day telling him to throw combos, mix it up, take him to the ground. I don't think Penn attempted one takedown either. Every fight they brag about his ground game, he hasn't fucked with the ground since losing the belt to Edgar. Look at what he did when Siver was on his back, rocked....nothing. Just hugged him.
    Like Fedor.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Like Fedor.
    Ok? Was I disputing something about Fedor? I think in the Bellator thread I pointed out that I saw Meathead knocking him out which is why I didn't want to even watch that card and thank God I didn't because had I seen that double knockdown Live I might have hurt someone.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's the most disappointing thing about the Penn downfall. There's no reason why he can't Demian Maia people at featherweight. Look what he did in the first round against Fitch and Diaz, 2 fairly big welterweights. Had a decent level of success against them on the ground, certainly against Fitch where he had a pretty dominant round of top control and also took the second on 2 cards. I really think that ass kicking by Diaz done him in. GSP obviously beat him up and demoralized him, but Nick beat the shit out of him in that third round. Since then he's just looked to hear the bell it seems.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Surely even the most diehard Penn fan is begging him to hang them up by now? This has been the most depressing fall in the sport's history. Moreso than Fedor because he can at least still come out of a fight not looking like a can.

Denis Siver has no business coming out of a fight looking that good in 2017. Imagine what that fight would have looked like n 2009.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Fedor vs Penn

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok? Was I disputing something about Fedor? I think in the Bellator thread I pointed out that I saw Meathead knocking him out which is why I didn't want to even watch that card and thank God I didn't because had I seen that double knockdown Live I might have hurt someone.
    No. I was merely backing up my own point from the bellator thread. If you were the last man on earth in a bed in an empty house, in a deserted town on a secluded island in the middle of nowhere, you'd still try to find someone to argue with.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    So, will Brendan Schaub surrender his nickname to that Kish chick now?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somewhat shocked on a small scale we've literally said nothing since prior to the airing of the newest TUF about TUF's latest season. Tonight is the finale and it's a pretty good card. Really looking forward to the main event and the 3 women's fights.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't a good card, but holy shit that main event. Justin Gaethje is a nutcase. What a fight. Heart for days, and impressed with his leg and body work especially.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was violent!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Gaethje is pretty awesome, all heart and knuckles. It will catch up to him one day, but not today (or yesterday..).

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Looking forward to an eventual Gaethje/Diaz matchup.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    Gaethje is pretty awesome, all heart and knuckles. It will catch up to him one day, but not today (or yesterday..).
    Agreed but I love him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by percussion13 View Post
    Looking forward to an eventual Gaethje/Diaz matchup.
    Khabib vs Gaethje please.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Gaethje/Alvarez would be pretty crazy.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did find it odd Tony Ferguson was saying dude hit like a bitch when he dusted the guy who last beat Tony....MMMath I get it but Tony's over the top approach is getting tired. Great fighter, would love to see them rock it out in the cage.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ferguson tries too hard but I still have to credit him for trying to market himself which is still something many fighters haven't grasped. In the age of social media there's no excuse not to get out there and talk.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely agree. I respect any man/woman trying to better their situation and if Tony feels he has to try and mimic others, hey it can't hurt. Much. For me, as a Ferguson fan, I just don't know if he's coming across like say McGregor, or if he's just coming across as a complete tool. I mean, you look at the last 20+ years of MMA and so few have been able to talk people into the building. Tito Ortiz, Chael Sonnen, Conor McGregor, you could throw in Rampage. *Now, let me just state this name dropping isn't a moment to start nitpicking like I know you'll try to do Mark because we've been down this road but for the sake of generalization, let's just pretend you understand why I'm lumping these 4 men in the conversation together=men who have a magical gift to talk people into buying a ticket to see them perform*

Tony's a guy who I feel can back it up in the cage no doubt, but I just don't really get into the character. At least when McGregor burst on to the scene, he was the same dude in his first UFC fight as he was in his last, just a lot richer haha. Tony, he never really came across as a confrontational verbal type until as Conor said he made the moves and now everyone wears a nice suit and talks shit haha. Tony's shit just rubs me differently because it's absurd. Kind of like Tyron Woodley.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    There was a lot of unnecessary hostility in that first paragraph but whatever. That's your thing.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    There was a lot of unnecessary hostility in that first paragraph but whatever. That's your thing.
    No hostility at all my brother I just wanted to avoid you going on a 40 page rant about how Chael and Conor aren't remotely the same of anything like you have a thousand times in the past. All good!

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why are you going on a rant if you don't want me going on a rant?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you going on a rant if you don't want me going on a rant?
    I think you need to check up on what defines a rant. A sentence=a rant? Let's just stop this before it goes the way every...single...conversation you are in goes my brother. My bad. You're perfect.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It wouldn't be like that if you didn't preemptively get the first shot in every...single...time.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But as I've said, I wasn't meaning anything negative by it yet you keep thinking I did. No worries.

What is it about Joanne Calderwood that has so many people into her? Is it the soft voice? This upcoming Fight Night does absolutely nothing for me. Not a fan of Gunnar Nelson, no clue who 80% of the fighters are and those I do know aren't very good.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why is it so important for you to have the first and last word?

This card was designed to appeal to the region. I have no urge to see it either.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is it so important for you to have the first and last word?
    Why is it so important for you to have the last word? The only reason I responded directly toward your last post was just to beat it into your head that I wasn't trying to be rude or negative with that comment toward you, I said, including this time, more than 3 times already. I'm even trying to get you to shut the fuck up about it and talk about other shit haha, but here you are, doing what you do. You want to have the last word or are you going to shut the fuck up and talk about why JoJo has a growing fanbase?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The problem (your problem) is that you don't have to beat your ramblings into anyone's head. I made a post that you said you agreed with and you still managed to make another boring and tedious circular argument out of it. It stops here. I'm neg repping the next thing you say about it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem (your problem) is that you don't have to beat your ramblings into anyone's head. I made a post that you said you agreed with and you still managed to make another boring and tedious circular argument out of it. It stops here. I'm neg repping the next thing you say about it.
    Oh no Mark, don't neg rep me!!! Dude, unilke you, I'm not so attached to this website that something as irrelevant as a neg rep is going to do anything but make me and the rest of the lads and ladies around here just keep laughing at you. So please, neg rep me Mark, what ever will I do!?!?!? haha. Classic Mark.

Now that we got that out of the way, back to the grown up table I go....

I'm looking at this upcoming fight card and yeah like I said, just nothing from top to bottom. This is more like a show to please the crowd and not necessarily the viewers across the globe.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Gaethje/Alvarez would be pretty crazy.
    Couple of days after I posted this Eddie Alvarez and Justin Gaethje has been announced as the coaches of TUF 26.. No date for the fight has been made official yet though.

Would you guys rather have seen Alvarez/Poirier 2 or Alvarez/Gaethje?
    Last edited by OD50; July 14th, 2017 at 6:25 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Pretty crazy, Gathje made his UFC debut July 7 and now on July 14 they have already shot episode 1 of TUF with him coaching.

Booking 155 then..

Ferguson/Khabib Interim LW championship
    Alvarez/Gaethje
    Maybe Michael Johnson/Michael Chiesa?

What do to with Poirier, Lee, Pettis, Iaquinta and Barboza? I can see some fireworks whoever you match with whom there. Maybe Anthony Pettis/Benell Dariush could be fun and a decent gauge if Pettis is truly "back".
    Last edited by OD50; July 14th, 2017 at 6:41 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet we'll see Poirier v. Lee.

It is crazy Gathje is already coaching TUF haha. I didn't even watch the last season. Now that MMA is so huge, I just find the concept to be pointless with the pool of talent that sometimes gets left out because they didn't win a fight to get into a house because they lost 1 round in a 1 round fight...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Idiotic. Way to kill his steam. Alvarez should've been fighting Porier again and Gaethje should not be put on ice for 4 months.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The medical suspension list has him possibly out until January with a possible knee injury so maybe this was why they went the route they did. I'm not really agreeing with it but if it's a case of Gathje isn't even going to be able to fight until 2018, well that just sucks but at least he's still in the public eye.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those medical suspension lists never pan out that way though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those medical suspension lists never pan out that way though.
    I wouldn't say never unless you actually followed up yourself on every single one of them. I just know it does make perfect sense if Gathje is actually hurt, to have him still visible to the audience and not just have him chillin' at home rehabbing for the next 6-8.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't be ridiculous.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't be ridiculous.
    Don't be vague. Are you talking about the medical suspensions you don't follow up on and have no idea if what you're saying is true one bit, or are you talking about the other part of my post with him possibly being injured and out until next year?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously the medical suspensions. It's a phrase, it's called exaggeration, to say it never happens doesn't mean that I then have to go and check every single one of them, clearly I KNOW that sometimes it happens. I'd say that the medical suspensions get overturned enough for me to make a general sweeping statement without you getting idiotically anal about it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously the medical suspensions. It's a phrase, it's called exaggeration, to say it never happens doesn't mean that I then have to go and check every single one of them, clearly I KNOW that sometimes it happens. I'd say that the medical suspensions get overturned enough for me to make a general sweeping statement without you getting idiotically anal about it.
    You made a blanket statement without even checking up on what I had said about his possible knee injury. Just said "They never pan out"

If that's anal of me then so be it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't need to check up on it, I had read about it at the time when the medical suspensions were posted. You're not the only one who reads mma articles. Loads of fighters come back from injuries and fight again before their supposed medical suspensions are up. Lots of fighters also sign up for tuf and never fight one another. I'd rather he was out rehabbing his injury than getting tangled up in this shit anyway. Committing to doing tuf tends to be a death knell to at least a year of a career half the time.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    So are we supposed to just take your word that exactly 50% of tuf contestants lose at least a year of their careers? Pssh.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The MMA section isn't fun to post in anymore because of ND and his tired shit.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't need to check up on it, I had read about it at the time when the medical suspensions were posted. You're not the only one who reads mma articles. Loads of fighters come back from injuries and fight again before their supposed medical suspensions are up. Lots of fighters also sign up for tuf and never fight one another. I'd rather he was out rehabbing his injury than getting tangled up in this shit anyway. Committing to doing tuf tends to be a death knell to at least a year of a career half the time.
    I'm not disagreeing with that statement about TUF. But when people are saying he's going to lose steam....Well here's my opinion. If they can keep him visible where he doesn't even need to be physical, why not? Sucks that TUF is nowhere near what it once was but again, it's still at the very least going to keep him visible and he can still rehab if he actually has to do so. Again man, didn't want that to come across as confrontational it was just sucha blanket statement that seemed like you weren't respecting the possibility of WHY he was doing TUF.

Quote Originally Posted by percussion13 View Post
    So are we supposed to just take your word that exactly 50% of tuf contestants lose at least a year of their careers? Pssh.
    Was this directed at me or Mik? Either way that is an exact number. The proof is in Mayweather's backpack.

#Hardwork.

The MMA section isn't fun to post in anymore because of ND and his tired shit.
    I just figured you didn't post here because you were either A-banned or B-posting the banned thread about being banned while being banned.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Oh well, I tried to bring up something interesting to discuss..

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    As for the fight, even though I'm an Eddie Alvarez fan I feel Gaethje has the edge here, they are very similar boxer/wrestler type fighters but Gaethje is younger, probably faster and is less shopworn. Eddie never had the best chin and it definitely isn't aging like a fine wine. Not sure about the wrestling part, Gaethje has the better resume by far (NCAA division 1 All-American) but he never uses it in his fights so it's difficult to properly gauge. Eddie on the other hand has pretty decent MMA wrestling. Gaethje has very effective low-kicks which Eddie had trouble dealing with against Cowboy Cerrone. Both guys have tons of heart, Eddie has come back from more knockdowns than I can remember, if you don't do what Conor did and not give him a second to recover he will always come back no matter how hard you beat his ass.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy fuck and people want to talk about Jon Jones?? That was some Gilbert Yvel-Don Frye shit.

But you have to admit, what a beautiful KO finish.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was coming to post the same video. Pretty harsh on Gunni there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So I caught this out of the corner of my eye (no pun intended) on the tvs at work and only saw the actual KO which was picturesque. I was unaware of all of this leading to it though; what a dirty, dirty way to win. Hopefully this gets overturned.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it should be overturned to a NC. I'm curious about the ref, did he warn the guy? I didn't see any of this card so I'm not sure.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly the ref was noticeably far away from the action.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I think Faber submitted Francisco Rivera because of an eye poke and Kevin Burns beat Rumble Johnson due to an eye poke, none of those were overturned even if they should have.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I think it should be overturned to a NC. I'm curious about the ref, did he warn the guy? I didn't see any of this card so I'm not sure.
    No, nothing, but to be fair it was super hard to notice live. Personally I didn't see anything until the gif. I read that Nelson complained about eye pokes leading to the KO which made me wonder, he doesn't seem like a guy making shit up.

Maybe just do a rematch, Nelson was lightning him up before getting his eyes gouged.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Pretty impressive though, don't think I've ever seen a left eye poke/right eye poke combo before..

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Faber submitted Francisco Rivera because of an eye poke and Kevin Burns beat Rumble Johnson due to an eye poke, none of those were overturned even if they should have.
    I didn't know that about Faber and yeah, the Kevin Burns fight was some bullllshit. That guy is from my city, he tried to come back to the underground scene here and act like he was the shit and got rinsed. Now he just trains grappling at a few gyms.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So could we look at this weekend and say Luke Rockhold v. Weidman or Romero next? I don't see him getting a title shot anytime soon but if he could get a W over either of these guys in his next fight I could see it. I could also see if Bisping loses to GSP, that they do a 3rd fight with Luke v. Bisping.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    How about Mike Perry? He's an exciting, all action fighter but seems like a complete tool and looks like a living, breathing advertisement for Affliction shirts..

Most of this card was pretty nuts, huge KO's all around for everyone.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were a lot of brutal finishes.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sad Shogun won't be on the card Friday but it's actually not a bad free show. The return of Okami, you have Gomi on the card, and the co-main is slick with Claudia v. Jessica Andrade, 2 top female fighters. I'm also a fan of Hyun Gyu Lim.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's a pretty shit card actually.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    How about Mike Perry? He's an exciting, all action fighter but seems like a complete tool and looks like a living, breathing advertisement for Affliction shirts..

Most of this card was pretty nuts, huge KO's all around for everyone.
    I like him. He definitely comes across as your stereotypical UFC bro but his schtick is funny and he can fight his ass off.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good list of fighters on the card for Saturday. Jeremy Stephens, Renan, OSP, Tecia Torres, Jessica Andrade, Killer B Saunders, Mike Perry, the list goes on. I honestly have never seen any of this Emmett dude live. I saw the clip of his KO win over Lamas but that's really it. He must be good if he's getting a main event slot on a Fox card.