Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 7577797105106107
Results 1,061 to 1,066 of 1066

Thread: The UFC Fight Pass Events General Thread

Yeah Al refused a contract around the time of the MSG show as he was pencilled in to fight Thiago Alves as a hometown showcase. Now he's fighting in Nashville Tennessee on an Artem Lobov undercard 6 months later. Funny old world.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Yeah Al refused a contract around the time of the MSG show as he was pencilled in to fight Thiago Alves as a hometown showcase. Now he's fighting in Nashville Tennessee on an Artem Lobov undercard 6 months later. Funny old world.
    Oh shit haha I didn't even realize he was on this upcoming card. TBH, I forgot all about this show. I just know I heard Matt Serra talking about Al taking time off and this and that not sure if he was going to come back due to money...

It's a forgetful show. Would have preferred something like Lamas vs. Zombie as a headliner.

Damn I just went through the card and now I'm actually pretty fucking pumped.

First off, you have the UFC debut of one of my favorite female fighers, Cindy Dandois going up against former title challenger Alexis Davis.

You have Cub hopefully knocking out Artem. Diego Sanchez v. Al Iaquinta. OSP is on the card, he knocked out my cousin Joe Cason back in Strikeforce and he knocked out one of my favorites in Shogun so fuck him. Jessica Penne, always fun to watch. Sam Alvey v. Thales, Jake Ellenberger v. Mike Perry (Hope the Juggernaut kills this idiot), Jon fucking Dodson v. Eddie Wineland is on the prelims for fuck's sake....They have Joe motherfuckin Lauzon opening the entire event.

Wow, I'm just in shock with how hardcore fan friendly this fight card is and IMO a very appealing card to casual fans who might not know too many of these fighters but damn they'll be some exciting fights-on paper at least.

Wish I still had Fight Pass as I'm sure Lauzon will be on that.....

Intercontinental Champion Spedizzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Sped I'd be curious to see where you found out any of that information outside of message board/reddit talk because that's all I'm finding.

Fuck Artem. I want to see Cub smash that dude into a billion pieces.

Didn't Al Iaquinta recently retire?
    not specifically,

but I do know for a fact I have heard fighters like Daniel Cormier (not in this video) say that after a title defense they keep the belt

then I have heard in other interviews only certain fighters like GSP or Matt Hughes have been able to do that

so IDK

it seems more like a system of: "yo Dana, can I keep these belts please?" Dana: "ok"

Yeah the DC stuff was really the only thing I heard where he "stole" what they call the "show" belt after beating Gustaffson but that's really it. I would guess Hughes and GSP have multiple belts because they won it multiple times in different fights, not because they defended them. For example, Hughes won it from Newton and from GSP so he probably does have 2. GSP won it from Hughes and from Serra. One "bothered" me was just Mighty Mouse saying he was pissed off about it but maybe he didn't realize that just because Mayweather has 20 of the same belt doesn't mean every combat champion does....

Thread Information