User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,100 of 1166

Thread: The UFC Fight Pass Events General Thread

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typical mid level 135lb fight, sloppy but pretty entertaining. The positive is that all 3 judges actually gave a 10-8 round, surprising competence.

Borg vs. Benavidez next then surely. I won't buy a challenger for DJ unless they can get through Joe, and Joe needs to fight somebody coming off a couple wins to put a stamp on a title shot clearly.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Gorgeous KO knee. Perfect timing. Barboza was losing that fight too but like GSP always says, dont blink!

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    Gorgeous KO knee. Perfect timing. Barboza was losing that fight too but like GSP always says, dont blink!
    One of the better knees I've ever seen. Definitely was down to that point, very tentative in the first.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That filled me with confidence about Edson. Took a few shots, faced a good pressure fighter but came up with the goods. Honestly he's never been blown out, his defence has failed him but he gave Cerrone and Ferguson trouble before getting hurt.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He beat Melendez without breaking a sweat too. Needs to be coming off a better win than Dariush to justify a t.s. but he's 1 win away as long as it's a top 5 or so opponent.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shogun looked quite good. He's lost all of his athletic gifts but he's turned into a pretty savvy counter striker. Great finish with the head movement and the flurry. Body work was strong too. He's in a bit of no mans land when it comes to matchmaking though, you kind of have to give him a top 5 guy next and they all smoke him with speed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Kelvin is a machine.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vitor is so done. Reflexes are shot. May as well fight Rashad next, a solid legacy fight for 2 guys who have faded badly. Taking nothing away from Gastelum though, his hands have come on massively.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That was Vitor's problem. He would dodge the first two or three punches just fine but the next 3 or 4 would land. Kelvin's hands have improved dramatically since he wrestleboxed his way through TUF.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd like to point out that this card was free while last weekend's cost 60 dollars.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Vitor is so done. Reflexes are shot. May as well fight Rashad next, a solid legacy fight for 2 guys who have faded badly. Taking nothing away from Gastelum though, his hands have come on massively.
    Vitor said in the post-fight presser he'll fight in July (Rio?) and then retire. I propose Belfort/Marquardt.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to point out that this card was free while last weekend's cost 60 dollars.
    Yeah, says it all doesn't it?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Only saw the three 'mains' on this card, and that certainly didn't disappoint.

Barboza may be may favorite fighter just to simply watch fight on the planet at the moment. And I agree here with FB, though he didn't go up in the fight until the final moment, he weathered a strategic attack to keep his striking off balance and he absorbed a couple good shots looking to gauge his target until he started getting off some accurate shots late ... and then the big one, nailed perfectly.

Can't hardly even enjoy a Rua fight anymore. Just always waiting for him to get turned into a human crumple zone. Good to see those late flashes of movement and varied striking and a real blast from the past pushing down of the pedal once he knew Gian was in trouble. But this was all against a giant cooperative target of an opponent of course. Was just certainly a bit of treat there at the end.

I swear you can almost see, like a video game bar across the top of the screen, Gastelum's confidence grow in visual bars with each fight. Didn't mind hanging in the pocket just a hair extra moment that before he maybe wouldn't have, because he knows know just what he can/can't reach and he trusts his training/instincts to find and get to that range before he takes too much.

All in all these outcomes kinda couldn't have gone any better at all. Cool.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was very happy to see Shogun get that kind of win. I still can't shake him getting choked out by Chael lol. But yeah, seeing him put the smackdown on a guy that is tough as hell and dangerous, those punches at the end were just great, the finish reminded me of the first Tito-Chuck fight.

Kelvin put the hurt on Vitor. PEDs don't strengthen your chin and while Vitor was never a chinny fighter, he has had a lot of fights over the last 20 years and it wasn't a big shock to see Kelvin put him out the way he did. There was actually one moment Vitor threw a crazy wheel kick and I was like that would have killed Kelvin 3 years ago lol. Kelvin wants Anderson next, I say give it to him or give him the loser of the Jacare fight that's coming up (opponent's name escapes me).

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Beating Gian Villante is not a huge stamp. Losing would have meant he was done.

And the strength of Vitors chin had nothing to do with anything. He was eating combos til he couldn't eat any more.

Finally Kelvin deserves better than the loser of Jacare/Whitaker. Crazy to think that he would probably KO the current middleweight champ.
    Last edited by Mark Hammer; March 13th, 2017 at 1:51 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beating Gian Villante is not a huge stamp. Losing would have meant he was done.

And the strength of Vitors chin had nothing to do with anything. He was eating combos til he couldn't eat any more.

Finally Kelvin deserves better than the loser of Jacare/Whitaker. Crazy to think that he would probably KO the current middleweight champ.
    Not a huge stamp, not sure where you got that from. I was just happy Shogun won, he's one of my all time favorites and I was just happy to see him get a win and the way he did was quite entertaining. You disagree?

I've seen Vitor take some pretty mean shots over the years and Kelvin isn't exactly a Knockout artist. Good win for your boy.

Kelvin deserves better than a top 5 fighter in his next fight? Ok. So you think beating Tim Kennedy and Vitor=title shot then? I mean Sherdog thinks he should get the WINNER of that fight, I thought that was too big of a fight for a guy with a mediocre record. He's only lost twice but his biggest win literally came this past Saturday against a guy who maybe 3 years ago it would have been a really big win but now it's just a name on his resume as opposed to a title eliminator.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    a) No, but this was a gimme fight vs someone who will never crack the top ten. Not particularly impressive at all for someone like Shogun.

b) It wasn't a power shot that Ko'd Vitor. It was a culmination of shots and Kelvin's ridiculous handspeed. Crazy to believe this guy started as a one dimensional undersized wrestler. And was the very last pick on TUF lol.

c) Sherdog thinks a lot of things and many of them are laughably wrong including the notion that he should get the loser of that fight. I never, ever said he deserved a title shot, just that he would beat Bisping. He most certainly deserves a top 5 or title eliminator next though coming off a spectacular main event win over a former champ and perennial title challenger like that.
    Last edited by Mark Hammer; March 13th, 2017 at 2:21 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a) No, but this was a gimme fight vs someone who will never crack the top ten. Not particularly impressive at all for someone like Shogun.

b) It wasn't a power shot that Ko'd Vitor. It was a culmination of shots and Kelvin's ridiculous handspeed. Crazy to believe this guy started as a one dimensional undersized wrestler. And was the very last pick on TUF lol.

c) Sherdog thinks a lot of things and many of them are laughably wrong including the notion that he should get the loser of that fight. I never, ever said he deserved a title shot, just that he would beat Bisping. He most certainly deserves a top 5 or title eliminator next though coming off a spectacular main event win over a former champ and perennial title challenger like that.
    A-As a Shogun mark, I will take any impressive win. It is impressive for a guy who you read about how he's lost his athletic ability, he's a former shell of the guy we saw 10 years ago in Pride, etc. It could have been a win over some 1-47 guy and I would have been happy. I'm not really watching to see if he looks title contender ready or if he could beat Cormier or Rumble, I think that ship sailed awhile ago.

B-At first I couldn't stand Kelvin because he had such a teenage crush on Ronda but as I saw his evolution on the show and then just dominating a deer in the headlights Hall-which most admit was a pretty big shocker that he didn't kill Kelvin like he killed everyone else-I became a fan.

C-No, what I'm saying is Sherdog thinks Kelvin should get the WINNER of Jacare/Whitaker. The funny thing is, I said the loser of that fight, which is still a top 5 opponent considering Jacare is ranked #2 under Romero and Whitaker on some sites is listed anywhere from #4-7.....Kelvin is #9, 10, NOW. He has some climbing to do but it's not exactly the deepest division on Earth. So yeah, not sure why you disagree with me on one post and then agree with me the following....

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of 12-13 fights, I know 5 of the fighters for this upcoming card in London. Either I suck or this card sucks, or both lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I disagreed that he should fight someone coming off a loss. And I'd have to check an updated rankings list but no way is he just 9 or 10 after brutally finishing two top ten guys in a row. Two much larger guys I might add, not that that's relevant to rankings but it does make those wins even more impressive.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    And this Saturday's card is disappointing on paper but I reckon it will still be much better than the last 2 ppvs.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagreed that he should fight someone coming off a loss. And I'd have to check an updated rankings list but no way is he just 9 or 10 after brutally finishing two top ten guys in a row. Two much larger guys I might add, not that that's relevant to rankings but it does make those wins even more impressive.
    I'd be shocked if Tim was (and when I say ranked I'm not factoring someone ranked #17 lol) because Tim was off for 2 years, how on Earth he would be ranked in the top 10 is beyond. Vitor was ranked #9, which is where I'm finding a few sites ranking Kelvin, #9-10. Which seems about right.

Fighting someone coming off a loss, that's all about context. If he fought a guy like Jacare coming off a loss, it can be a good thing both ways. Kelvin fights a top 5 ranked fighter who's only lost a few times in his entire career which spans about 20-30 fights and Jacare would be fighting someone who isn't a "gimme" fight, but someone ranked in the top 10. You can't really build title contenders off wins against unranked fighters which is why I've always been an advocate of putting the best v. the best. Again, wins and losses are all about context. Sometimes you don't even need a win in a division and you get a title shot based on your drawing power or what you did in another division such as Holly Holm.

And this Saturday's card is disappointing on paper but I reckon it will still be much better than the last 2 ppvs.
    haha

I'm sure it will but damn I just can't get invested in it.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Spedizzo; March 14th, 2017 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saturday's card was the victim of timing in terms of names. Manuwa against Glover or Bader would have been a fine main event, with Gunner against Stun Gun Kim. It just didn't work out. These Fight Pass events always have shitty order too, Edwards vs. Luque is happening way too early for example.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I'm excited that Reza Madadi is gonna get rinsed by Joe Duffy. Swedish Lina Länsberg is on the card as well, probably not so ridiculous match-making as her last time out..
    Last edited by OD50; March 15th, 2017 at 5:52 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    I'm excited that Reza Madadi is gonna get rinsed by Joe Duffy. Swedish Lina Länsberg is on the card as well, probably not so ridiculous match-making as her last time out..
    I saw an article that said Lina's coach thought Cyborg was probably 170lbs. come fight night. Imagine putting back on 30lbs. over night. That's fucking wild.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I believe it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Be surprised if she was any less. Her head looks like it takes up about 15% or so of that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by percussion13 View Post
    Be surprised if she was any less. Her head looks like it takes up about 15% or so of that.
    lol.

She's got that Tito Ortiz head to body ratio lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Her's is from years of artificial hormones though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is Tito's but yeah, Brazil.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Has nothing to do with Brazil you moron.

How many times in his 20 year career did Tito pop?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The reason Tito's head is so big is because he always fought with a cracked skull.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many USADA tests did he go through?

I remember when Jenna posted his stash on line, she's not the type to go out of her way to doctor images with his name on them. Yeah Yeah yeah, he says after every fight he had a cracked skull, snapped dick, broken legs, spinal tap right before he came in, you name that motherfucker claimed it lol.

I guess on here you can get away with this constant fighter bashing whereas your home turf would have had you banned 100 times over.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cyborg was popped long before USADA. As if we needed her to pop at all, the pronounced Adam's apple and deep voice was enough to draw a safe conclusion.

And I assume you mean Sherdog. Roid accusations are fair game if it's someone who has failed a test. Your accusation on Tito definitely would have got you banned though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sherdog would eat you alive actually. Turning a blind eye to evidence and blanket accusations of racism whenever someone dislikes one of your favorites doesn't fly there.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figher bashing is, which is what you do constantly. Yeah, if you just came in and said "I think she's on something still" that's fine. You take it to a whole different level which doesn't shock me.

And brother I've been on Sherdog for 10 years but I rarely post, too cluttered.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's not fighter bashing when you call a documented and reknown roid cheat a roid cheat.

It is fighter bashing when you call someone who has never pissed hot like Tito Ortiz a roid cheat though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not fighter bashing when you call a documented and reknown roid cheat a roid cheat.

It is fighter bashing when you call someone who has never pissed hot like Tito Ortiz a roid cheat though.
    Do you want me to quote the shit you've said about Cyborg on here? Your shit is wayyyy beyond calling someone who failed one test 7 years ago a roid cheat. I'm dead serious, if you want me to post up the last 4-5 years of the shit you've said about Cyborg and think THAT kind of shit is acceptable because she failed one test....But then again, your view point on women is probably the most disturbing on this board such as advocating that it was ok a woman was raped.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nope, everything negative I've ever said about her pertained to her PED use. She's a roid cheat, get over it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Lol do you remember your 180 on Mel Gibson in the Banned Thread Commentary thread? That shit was legit funny.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol do you remember your 180 on Mel Gibson in the Banned Thread Commentary thread? That shit was legit funny. You'd make a good clown.
    You need to go back and read what I said. I made a comment about how we can sweep under the rug fucked up shit people do if they make a great movie. Then I fucked with P13 a little. Not once did I ever say you'll never see me watching a Mel Gibson movie or not giving him props for a good acting job.

I WOULD make a great clown. Pennywise motherfucker. Don't put your arms in the sewer drain FYI.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liking the look of the card next Saturday.

Mighty Mouse back on FOX defending against Wilson Reis. It's his attempt at equalling Anderson's official title defence record (Lutter doesn't count since he never made weight - harsh on Anderson). He'll never be a draw but it's always good to watch him fight, particularly on FOX cards as they finish earlier. Reis is quite tidy on the ground but he's short and compact so possibly might not have the leverage to gain any physical advantages over DJ. Going for Mighty Mouse in the championship rounds with knees to the body.

Jacare vs. Whitaker is an awesome fight. Jacare is a beast but the Aussie works good angles so may be able to avoid the takedown. If he can he's well in the fight. If he wins he's broke through into the middleweight elite. I do lean Jacare though based on Brunson doing well early pressuring Whitaker, if Jacare does that and gets him against the cage it's a double leg and an arm triangle. Interesting note - take out fights between each other, in the last 8 years Rockhold, Jacare, Weidman and Romero are a combined 46-3. 2 for Rockhold (Belfort and Bisping) and 1 for Romero (205lbs against Feijao). Jacare has only lost to Mousasi, Rockhold and Romero in his last 28 fights. Not a bad group.

Waterson vs. Namajumas. Leaning Rose based on how long she is and how crafty she can be on the ground. Another excellent fight though, winner goes on the shortlist for a title shot. If Karate Hottie takes it she probably gets the Joanna/Andrade winner.

Stephens against an unbeaten Brazilian. For me a showcase fight for Stephens as Moicano is a ground specialist who Stephens can probably stuff and beat up.

Nelson vs. Volkov is the right fight, either Volkov gets a name win so they can push him or Nelson goes 3-1 in 4 and gets another solid fight against a top 10 guy.

Rest of it is littered with prospects. Very solid card.
    Last edited by Fanny Batter; April 6th, 2017 at 2:18 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really looking forward to Waterson/Namajumas and the Stephens fight.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kelvin popped by USADA for weed, pulled from Silva fight. Silva vs. Romero in the works for interim/#1 title shot

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    Kelvin popped by USADA for weed, pulled from Silva fight. Silva vs. Romero in the works for interim/#1 title shot
    Read that last night. Kelvin just can't stop himself from fucking up can he? Misses weight quite often, now he's getting popped for marijuana metabolites of all fucking things lol. The kid just can't stop eating as I'm sure this is the result of eating the oh so ass tasting pot brownie.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Pretty awesome performances by Rose, Whittaker and DJ. I was noticing early in their fight that Waterson often ended up sideways, shoulder towards Rose, this is a big no-no and it got her head kicked big time. Waterson avoided the worst case scenario when you turn sideways though, which is ending up like Mark Coleman..

Sorry to see Jacare lose (wasn't the stoppage fairly early?) but Whittaker is beastly. I like FB's suggestion of Whittaker/Mousasi even more now. It's a very intriguing stylistic match-up, heavy handed dynamic striker vs. super technical and calculating striker. Moose is way better on the ground, but he'll have a tough time getting it there for sure, Even Jacare couldn't take down and keep Whittaker there.

The Brazilian (forgot his name already ) put on a great technical performance against Stephens. That's the way you have to fight a heavy handed brawler, even if some of the fans didn't like it. Wasn't that one judge scoring it 29-28 Stephens way off?
    Last edited by OD50; April 16th, 2017 at 5:06 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoping Whittaker's performance, as well as Gastelum's recently, leads to more fighters fighting closer to their actual weight. Obviously his improvement has coincided with moving up in weight rather than having a direct correlation, but guy's gone from losing to Court McGee at least 170 to styling on Jacare Souza at 185. He looks so quick and effective fighting against bigger opponents. Coming into his prime while Jacare is nearing the end so possibly a case of good timing, but Jacare is still an excellent fighter.

Rose the golden girl killer. Another fighter who has been thrown into the deep end, but looks like she can go on a run now.

No words to describe Mighty Mouse. The most technically gifted fighter of all time. The only thing that lets him down is that because his division (and 135) is so young he hasn't been able to boast too many world champions on his resume. Even Clay Guida beat three in a row in his prime, RDA, Gomi and Pettis, because 155 has a high turnaround of champions in multiple organisations. Benavidez and Dodson are 2 I would say top 30 P4P fighters but have never worn gold cos of Cruz and Mighty Mouse. The Ian McCall DJ beat was excellent. Bagautinov, Horiguchi and Cejedo are very good. Guys like Cariaso and Elliot aren't particularly great so have painted the others with the "shallow division" brush. Hoping his record breaking attempt gets a bit of shine on a decent PPV, he's got quite unlucky with exposure - was meant to be on Jones/Cormier 2 which devolved into Jones/OSP. His PPV headliner run was let down by unremarkable opponents and/or bad supporting casts. Dodson 1 and Benavidez 2, his best opponents, were on FOX. He deserves a McGregor card.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -gutted that Jacare lost

I accidentally read the result on my phone because I was drinking at a neighbors house, it was early in the night so I figured the fight was the co-main event and hadn't happened, so when I went to see the results of the card so far to see where on the card they were at, I read that Whittaker had won via head kick/TKO punches and I was upset

went home and watched the fight, I can't believe Whittaker got Jacare off his back like that. After he got him off his back, Jacare really didn't have anything else for him

-shocked at how my boy Rose beat the living shit out of Karate like a bat out of hell, literally beat the crap out of her everywhere

-awesome performance from Mighty Mouse. Weis had no answer for him anywhere and was completely hitting air all night. Mighty Mouse was beating him up and breaking up down all fight until he was able to get the takedown and finish him. Masterful performance

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "my boy Rose" lol

Does Jacare leave for Bellator to get gold or does he stick around? I'm not saying he will just waltz in an the MW title in Bellator but the division isn't that stacked. Whitaker is a guy who I don't know too much about, probably saw him fight twice, maybe three times. I feel for Jacare simply because the guy was knocking on the door for a little bit but who knows where he goes now if he stays. Obviously plenty of fights but title shot? I don't know if he'll get there. Then again, Bisping was kind of in the same spot for awhile and now he's the champ.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    "my boy Rose" lol

Does Jacare leave for Bellator to get gold or does he stick around? I'm not saying he will just waltz in an the MW title in Bellator but the division isn't that stacked. Whitaker is a guy who I don't know too much about, probably saw him fight twice, maybe three times. I feel for Jacare simply because the guy was knocking on the door for a little bit but who knows where he goes now if he stays. Obviously plenty of fights but title shot? I don't know if he'll get there. Then again, Bisping was kind of in the same spot for awhile and now he's the champ.

unfortunately at 37 yrs old with questionable physique changes post-USADA and this guy as his S&C coach:

I think Jacare might have fallen into a tough spot of irrelevancy due to the Bisping-GSP debacle and the amount of contenders in the Middleweight division in the UFC (Romero, Rockhold, Whittaker, Gastelum, Moussasi, Anderson Silva, etc).

if he goes into Bellator its pretty much just fight for a couple more paychecks at this point

a shame too, because I was a big fan of Jacare which is why I was gutted when he lost. I think his best bet if he wants to stay relevant is stick with the UFC and try to string together 2 impressive wins and hope he can somehow get a title shot if everything falls into place somehow

I think it was a good stoppage, but I believe there is a chance if they let the fight go on that Jacare might have somehow been able to hang in there, although there was no need for it... but I have seen fighters recover from worse and come back to win it... it looks like Jacare was attempting to make it back to his feet
    Last edited by Spedizzo; April 17th, 2017 at 12:27 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys realise that Jacare signed a new 8 fight deal with the UFC just before the Whittaker fight right?

Hoping Whittaker's performance, as well as Gastelum's recently, leads to more fighters fighting closer to their actual weight. Obviously his improvement has coincided with moving up in weight rather than having a direct correlation, but guy's gone from losing to Court McGee at least 170 to styling on Jacare Souza at 185. He looks so quick and effective fighting against bigger opponents. Coming into his prime while Jacare is nearing the end so possibly a case of good timing, but Jacare is still an excellent fighter.

No words to describe Mighty Mouse. The most technically gifted fighter of all time. The only thing that lets him down is that because his division (and 135) is so young he hasn't been able to boast too many world champions on his resume. Even Clay Guida beat three in a row in his prime, RDA, Gomi and Pettis, because 155 has a high turnaround of champions in multiple organisations. Benavidez and Dodson are 2 I would say top 30 P4P fighters but have never worn gold cos of Cruz and Mighty Mouse. The Ian McCall DJ beat was excellent. Bagautinov, Horiguchi and Cejedo are very good. Guys like Cariaso and Elliot aren't particularly great so have painted the others with the "shallow division" brush. Hoping his record breaking attempt gets a bit of shine on a decent PPV, he's got quite unlucky with exposure - was meant to be on Jones/Cormier 2 which devolved into Jones/OSP. His PPV headliner run was let down by unremarkable opponents and/or bad supporting casts. Dodson 1 and Benavidez 2, his best opponents, were on FOX. He deserves a McGregor card.
    Yeah, couldn't agree more with that first bit. The sooner fighter's realise that they aren't really giving up a huge disadvantage by cutting weight the better, particularly since USADA and especially no IVs came in. Look at those massive fighters who were clearly getting IVs like RDS, Weidman, Rockhold, Jacare etc have fallen off a bit.

As much as I want to agree with the second paragraph, and do a lot, I just don't find Mighty Mouse's fights exciting. I recognise his skill, I recognise that his division possibly isn't as weak as everyone thinks it is. Maybe its just the crushing inevitability of his fights, or the fact that it's the one weight division where you just wonder what else there is to do...like he doesn't have the option of moving down. He's be hugely undersized if he moved up. I say break Silva's defences record and then go and chase fucking glory. I like him and respect his abilities, but I want to see people push themselves. If he gets dominated by Dom, TJ, Cody...then fair enough, but at least try it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had no idea. Last I heard he was on his last fight and hadn't re-signed.

He'd be like Frankie Edgar was at 155 if he moved up to 135. Still fucking people up just not having to cut weight. I mean he has fought guys that were champion at 135, he's fought guys like Jon Dodson who knocked out TJ and whipped Dodson's ass. I mean you have to remember 125 wasn't even a weight class that WEC offered. DJ's fought a lot of guys who were once at 135 and he himself was at 135 once upon a time even fighting for the championship.

And I sometimes feel bad for thinking the only reason people champion Mighty Mouse as the p4p best is to put some shine on his division because it's not a big draw or much of a draw as it is. They probably regret putting him on those 5-6 ppvs where he was the headliner and a mediocre undercard.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His PPV main events were all quite dull unfortunately. A combination of being thoroughly uncompetitive and long after 11-12 fights already. Dodson 2 and Bagautinov are probably his 2 least entertaining fights, and vs. Horiguchi wasn't much cop until the amazing clock beating finish. I wonder how things would be if he got the big PPV push (FOX cards have more exposure but considerably less attention) and got the big Benavidez knockout, or had that FOTY contender the first time against Dodson. On PPV, particularly illuminated because of the deeper cards, he failed to deliver excitement.

For me, after beating the record (against Ray Borg? Little Pettis?) I would match him with Lineker at 135. It's kind of the unbooked flyweight title fight we never got. Bigger name than anyone at flyweight right now, and kind of be like Anderson vs. Forrest. That would put him at 14 wins in a row. 1 more title defence if someone's deserving, then a bantamweight title fight to try and equal Anderson's UFC win streak. Then if he wins that, he's got another chance to make history.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just read Mighty Mouse wants to take a picture with 10 belts and he was pissed off that the UFC didn't give him a new belt with each defense like Andre Ward and Mayweather....to which Dana replied that they've never done that in the first place but he's going to oblige Mighty Mouse for all that money he makes the company.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't do that in boxing though right? You don't get a new belt after every title defence, I'm sure Mayweather's are because of different belt's he has won in different weight divisions for different governing bodies.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alphabet Champion imperitus, interim light spangleweight champion (until there's a fight to promote in Russia).

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    99.9% sure you get a new belt after every defense in the UFC

thats what every single fighter has been claiming for the last 10 yrs and now Dana White is saying that is not true? Daniel Cormier was on UFC Fight Talk or whatever on Fox with like 2 or 3 titles after he beat Johnson

edit: funny enough after doing some research it seems that is the case, UFC says that they don't do it, but every single champ and former champ claims otherwise. Mighty Mouse is one of the exceptions
    Last edited by Spedizzo; April 18th, 2017 at 9:03 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DC's belt collection would have included the Strikeforce one surely? I have never heard of fighters getting a belt for each defence. GSP might have a few, but that's because he's a 2x champ and was interim champion too. Couture and Hendo have a few but again, multiple reigns. Some of Mayweather's belts are absurd ("WBA Man of Triumph Gold Welterweight champion" for christ's sake) and also through multiple divisions and sanctioning bodies, that's why he's got hardware. Odd debate anyway, and I suspect DJ is being a bit tongue in cheek.

Odd fight card this weekend. Cub Swanson vs. Artem Lobov. I suspect Swanson's first option for a title shot if Aldo beats Holloway so it's the definition of keep busy while keeping him away from other former contenders (Zombie, Lamas) who are harder sells against Aldo based on losing more recently to him. Some fan friendly fights littered through it but nothing too relevent. Al Iaquinta, Brandon Moreno and Sam Alvey are on decent runs mind so probably get top 10 opponents with wins, Dodson/Wineland is a great veterans scrap, Ellenberger/Perry is a guaranteed KO either way and OSP/Lima is important just because 205 is shallow as.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sped I'd be curious to see where you found out any of that information outside of message board/reddit talk because that's all I'm finding.

Fuck Artem. I want to see Cub smash that dude into a billion pieces.

Didn't Al Iaquinta recently retire?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Al refused a contract around the time of the MSG show as he was pencilled in to fight Thiago Alves as a hometown showcase. Now he's fighting in Nashville Tennessee on an Artem Lobov undercard 6 months later. Funny old world.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Al refused a contract around the time of the MSG show as he was pencilled in to fight Thiago Alves as a hometown showcase. Now he's fighting in Nashville Tennessee on an Artem Lobov undercard 6 months later. Funny old world.
    Oh shit haha I didn't even realize he was on this upcoming card. TBH, I forgot all about this show. I just know I heard Matt Serra talking about Al taking time off and this and that not sure if he was going to come back due to money...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a forgetful show. Would have preferred something like Lamas vs. Zombie as a headliner.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn I just went through the card and now I'm actually pretty fucking pumped.

First off, you have the UFC debut of one of my favorite female fighers, Cindy Dandois going up against former title challenger Alexis Davis.

You have Cub hopefully knocking out Artem. Diego Sanchez v. Al Iaquinta. OSP is on the card, he knocked out my cousin Joe Cason back in Strikeforce and he knocked out one of my favorites in Shogun so fuck him. Jessica Penne, always fun to watch. Sam Alvey v. Thales, Jake Ellenberger v. Mike Perry (Hope the Juggernaut kills this idiot), Jon fucking Dodson v. Eddie Wineland is on the prelims for fuck's sake....They have Joe motherfuckin Lauzon opening the entire event.

Wow, I'm just in shock with how hardcore fan friendly this fight card is and IMO a very appealing card to casual fans who might not know too many of these fighters but damn they'll be some exciting fights-on paper at least.

Wish I still had Fight Pass as I'm sure Lauzon will be on that.....

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sped I'd be curious to see where you found out any of that information outside of message board/reddit talk because that's all I'm finding.

Fuck Artem. I want to see Cub smash that dude into a billion pieces.

Didn't Al Iaquinta recently retire?
    not specifically,

but I do know for a fact I have heard fighters like Daniel Cormier (not in this video) say that after a title defense they keep the belt

then I have heard in other interviews only certain fighters like GSP or Matt Hughes have been able to do that

so IDK

it seems more like a system of: "yo Dana, can I keep these belts please?" Dana: "ok"

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the DC stuff was really the only thing I heard where he "stole" what they call the "show" belt after beating Gustaffson but that's really it. I would guess Hughes and GSP have multiple belts because they won it multiple times in different fights, not because they defended them. For example, Hughes won it from Newton and from GSP so he probably does have 2. GSP won it from Hughes and from Serra. One "bothered" me was just Mighty Mouse saying he was pissed off about it but maybe he didn't realize that just because Mayweather has 20 of the same belt doesn't mean every combat champion does....

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty good UFN coming up. Holm v. Correia, Tarec v. RDA, Arlovski v. a dude I'm not sure of Tybura? Gomi is on the card v. Jon Tuck, Bruce LeeRoy is on the undercard. Should be a good event I think.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's a better full card than last week for me. Strange to see 5 former world champions (Holm, Arlovski, Gomi, Tarec and RDA) fight on a Fight Pass card early in the morning in the US time zones. Interesting fights too. DHK vs. Covingtom could be good as well. Kim is 13-3 in the company, only losing to Woodley, Maia and Condit. Surely gets a big fight with a win. Interesting to see if RDA can reinvent himself at 170. Arlovski and Gomi's swansongs with losses so hopefully they get wins. Both are beyond shot but have power. And Holly Holm can probably position herself as #1 contender with a win and Nunes retaining, such is the depth of that division.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HOLY SHIT that was a brutal headkick from Holly.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holm is so fucking odd to watch fight. Her boxing looks so rudimentary and shit in MMA when she is a legit top P4Per in the history of women's boxing. Are her hands broken or something? Or just incapable of boxing on the front foot? Odd. Either way, it was a great exclaimation point on a pretty dull main card. Pretty important movements in the welterweight division though with Covington and possibly dos Anjos breaking the top 10. Arlovski and Gomi are surely done, always sad to see legends go out but that's life.

Cyborg vs. Anderson official for the 145lb title for UFC 214. De Randemie has been stripped. Honestly a wise division for her despite the ducking comments - she can make 135 and could even be next in line for a title shot, perhaps with another win.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes!! I heard the rumors the last day or two that they would be fighting. Glad it's going down. Anderson is a good fighter, I enjoyed the couple fights I saw of her in Invicta. She bounced back pretty nicely from that Dandois loss.

Fun little tidbit that I didn't know until looking at Dandois' record but she beat Jorina Baars in an MMA fight, TKO. Baars is the MT fighter that Cyborg fought and went the distance with her in a MT fight. Crazy how MMA can alter people's skills.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Wonderboy vs Masvidal is all but signed too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just read the UFC's statement on WHY they stripped GDR and you have to laugh at this line:

"UFC maintains that any champion is expected to accept fights against the top contenders in their respective weight classes in order to maintain the integrity of the sport.”
    I need someone to explain the UFC's definition of this statement and the words "Maintain the integrity of the SPORT". When was the last time the UFC gave a shit about the integrity of MMA? Now if they said "in order to maintain fatter checks, bigger buyrates, and maybe that will coincide with top contender's actually fighting each other" then sure, nobody would laugh.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doublepost

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are no other fights at 145 in that thin FW division for Germaine. If Germaine is turning down Cyborg, who is arguably the face of 145lbs, then she shouldn't be the champion. She was blessed to have ever been given a title shot to begin with.

All of the MMA forums are bringing up Conor McGregor comparisons, Germaine cannot even begin to clip Conor's toenails.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit I wasn't even thinking of McGregor, at first. I was more thinking Michael Bisping v. Hendo and GSP or TJ Dillashaw v. Mighty Mouse. McGregor sticks out like a sore thumb but that's just too easy to pick apart with that statement because again, INTEGRITY OF THE SPORT. There are people who argue this isn't a sport, it's entertainment, so things like #1 contender and winning streaks in a weight class, if you're not also drawing big numbers you can be replaced by someone who has never fought at that weight class because they will draw more numbers.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it's a reason that has no value considering that there's no sign that GDR would have refused a fight with any other fighter at 145lbs. I think it's a fair fight for her to question considering Cyborg hasn't fought since the latest PED controversy. Maybe she'd have fought her if she made it a year through USADA testing clean. I'm not against the decision because I feel a title fight in the first place without a ranked girl at 145lbs was preposterous, but it's certainly with reasons I just don't buy.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UFN 112 this Sunday. I'm shocked at how little this is being promoted. You have quite a few NAMES on the card including BJ Penn who opens the FS1 card. A little sad I don't have FS2, I want to see Guida v. Koch and Esparza v. Moroz.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an oddly formatted card. Joachim Christensen is fighting after BJ Penn. Former world champion Carla Esparza ninth fight down on a Sunday night. Alas, some important fights.

Chiesa vs. Lee is a big fight in the absence of McGregor. There's Ferguson, Khabib, Barboza and Diaz at the top, and the winner here probably slots in 5th or 6th in line. They've added a bit of bite to it so expecting an entertaining fight and hope Chiesa snatches a neck.

Johny Hendricks continues his tour of shopwarn middleweights. Pencil in Belfort if he wins. Don't mind it, rebuilding a former champion to get him into big fights is wise, he should have a big speed and grappling advantage over Boetsch.

I like Means vs. Garcia. Means loves a dogfight.

BJ vs. Siver is as right a fight as any at this stage for Penn, but he probably still gets beat. He has won 1 fight in 7 and a half years. Granted he's been largely inactive and only lost to Edgar (x3), 2 top welterweights and Yair, but his performances have faded dramatically. Siver stops him to the body.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching BJ Penn fight these last couple years is probably the worst decline I've seen on the big stage for a legend like Penn. You know with Chuck, he was still competitive in his losses at the end, for the most part. It wasn't a complete embrassment to watch Chuck lose to the fighters he lost to because it wasn't like he came in and was completely outclassed 4-5 fights in a row. BJ....He's in Ken Shamrock territory imo right now. And he's fighting at 145 which just blows my fucking mind. Here's a guy who never seemed to like cutting weight and just wanted to get high and get fat, fight at 170 and live life. Dropping to 145, these were his 2 worst performance of his entire career and him being my favorite fighter of all time, it's just painful to watch.

I can totally see Siver hitting Penn with the trademark spinning back kick and that's it. What is even worse is that part of me doesn't want Penn to win because if he does he'll start rambling about wanting to be champion. He won't be, not in any of the 3 weight classes he's fought at. Too many killers who would destroy BJ these days. 3-4 years ago, maybe that would have been a good time to test out 145 when it was just Aldo who was the top guy but not now, not when dudes at 170 are dipping to 145 as well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The time for BJ vs. Aldo was that inaugral FW title fight in Toronto. Penn knocks out Hughes in 22 seconds then says he's going for his third title. Aldo was awarded the title that very night. Would have been a great fight at that stage, Penn still looked good against Fitch and even early against Diaz. Still favour Aldo with his speed but it would have been interesting.

He's had such an odd career. He had that 5 fight stretch at 155 (Pulver, Stevenson, Sherk, Florian, Sanchez) where he looked one of the best fighters ever, just in complete control of very talented fighters and stopping all of them, 2 in the championship rounds looking fresh as a daisy. But even then he had that mauling by GSP in the middle. There's an argument that that was the first fight he was outclassed in his career though. First Edgar fight was nip and tuck. Took #2 welterweight Fitch to a draw too after that. Truth is, the Diaz fight was the end. He got beat up bad late in that. He was done. Every minute of every fight since then he's got his head kicked in.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there's something to be said about fighters after they fight a Diaz, especially Nick. That high volume of punches he dishes out will change a man. Look at BJ Penn. Hell look @ GSP. That fight against Diaz I believe was the most shots GSP had ever taken in all of his previous fights combined. I know GSP's last 3 fights, he took more shots in those 3 fights total than his entire career prior. But I think that Diaz fight was the worst of them and even though GSP was still the man, he was looking pretty human in the Condit and Hendricks fights.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johny Hendricks, the fat cunt, managed to miss weight again, at middleweight this time. Surely will be released with a loss now.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Johny Hendricks, the fat cunt, managed to miss weight again, at middleweight this time. Surely will be released with a loss now.
    He should be released regardless.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. I think it would be absolutely affirmative if he wasn't a former champion. 3 discretions inside a year though, not good. You can argue the only reason he made weight against Lombard was he simply didn't have time to get too fat after trying to make 170 a couple months prior. Either way, useless fat bastard. Hope Big Tim creams him.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is an absolute disgrace. One of my least favourite fighters.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, at least Penn went out on his feet I guess. Until he turns up in Bellator next year to lose to Aaron Pico.

Legit they should make Penn vs. Punk.

Clay Guida getting a win in old school Clay Guida fashion. Guida vs. Jim Miller makes sense to me, or Lauzon. Fun fights for fun's sake.
    Last edited by Fanny Batter; June 25th, 2017 at 9:48 PM.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the problem with BJ Penn vs CM Punk is that BJ could actually lose that fight and it would ruin the dwindling fond memories I have of him

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Felice Herrig...holy shit she had that Kish in a deep choke and Kish is tough as hell fighting through that. Great performance from Felice.

I had to start out positive because damn BJ Penn....He didn't look as bad as he did against Edgar and Yair but Cruz's commentary was spot on about how BJ wasn't using many weapons...and then he crushed Siver with that uppercut and just held dude in a move I use on my gf when she won't calm down...jk. Anyway...Yeah....Siver isn't terrible by any means but the fact BJ should have won that fight just pisses me off.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Double retirement fight on the Japan card against Gomi. I like that idea. Both are done. Let them get in there, and no matter the outcome, both retire. Sad to see that deer in the headlights look every time his opponent throw strikes at him. Half the strikes Siver missed were his inaccuracy rather than Penn blocking or evading... his reaction time is slow. Allegedly he came back because he just loves fighting so much... but then he gets in there and looks like he wants out after a minute.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Penn's downfall IMHO is that he chooses to stand too often because he bought into a lot of hype about his hands. Which at one point he did have great hands for MMA but that fight last night he was headhunting. You could hear his corner clear as day telling him to throw combos, mix it up, take him to the ground. I don't think Penn attempted one takedown either. Every fight they brag about his ground game, he hasn't fucked with the ground since losing the belt to Edgar. Look at what he did when Siver was on his back, rocked....nothing. Just hugged him.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it weird that nothing is really being made of the Chiesa/Lee ending? Seriously, the guy didn't tap, he wasn't out, yet almost all media outlets I'm reading about this fight are saying things like "Lee choked out Chiesa"...the fuck he did. Had this been someone of a little more worth I assume, there would be some serious negative reactions.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It was unfortunate that the fight was stopped like a split second too early because Chiesa was on his way out, fast. Now people get to argue about it and slap an asterisk on the win.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was unfortunate that the fight was stopped like a split second too early because Chiesa was on his way out, fast. Now people get to argue about it and slap an asterisk on the win.
    That last part is spot on. I can't say if he was for sure going out because he popped right up after the choke was released. You'd think if he was a second away from passing out he wouldn't have jumped up like he was still alive. Justine Kish was in a DEEEEEEEEEEEEP choke and looked like she was about to tap or go out several times and the ref didn't jump in. I can respect Mario's decision as a ref but damn this was unfortunate.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't matter. You don't stop fights because of what should happen. Especially after Kish had time to get out. He didn't tap.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get that it APPEARED he was going out. His arms kind of flail a little bit but Mario didn't even check which is what we usually see a ref do (and no I'm not saying the 3 arm up/down rule lol). Being totally honest, never really heard of this Lee dude until this fight so hopefully he makes the most of it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom_Axe View Post
    Doesn't matter. You don't stop fights because of what should happen. Especially after Kish had time to get out. He didn't tap.

You just reiterated everything I just said. He didn't tap so you get to dispute it. Even though everybody in here knows it was coming. Kevin Lee deserves credit for this win and he won't get it. Which is unfortunate. And I was rooting adamantly against him, but the ref robbed him of getting his due.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just reiterated everything I just said. He didn't tap so you get to dispute it. Even though everybody in here knows it was coming. Kevin Lee deserves credit for this win and he won't get it. Which is unfortunate. And I was rooting adamantly against him, but the ref robbed him of getting his due.
    Yep. The ref should have waited until Chiesa was out or tapping because we literally saw Justine Kish in just as deep (if not worse) a choke and she got out. Kevin Lee will get the credit where it counts. 50k bonus, the record books are more than likely going to keep this as a win even though it should be a NC. Chiesa and Lee will both go on to have bigger fights. I mean, both guys are young, they have all the time in the world to be champions.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Felice Herrig...holy shit she had that Kish in a deep choke and Kish is tough as hell fighting through that. Great performance from Felice.

she sure did

http://www.tmz.com/2017/06/26/ufc-ju...-during-fight/

was this known during the fight? I wasnt really paying attention

that stinks

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, there was shit all over the mat. ND still would I'm sure.