User Tag List

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The UFC Fight Pass Events General Thread

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overeem is 4-1 in his last 5, so he is at the top of the division although his image has been scarred because he was essentially getting knocked out by everyone when he first came into the UFC.

Overeem has made it known that he goes where the money is and is going to test free agency, and the UFC isn't the easiest company in the world to deal with. Overeem isn't exactly a big draw anymore, and I don't know how good of terms he is on with Dana and friends. He is still a big name though, so another company may be willing to pay him more than the UFC which is why he may be done with the UFC.

Overeem caught JDS on the nose in the first round which really turned things around in their fight. I couldn't tell if it broke his nose or not. JDS didn't look the same after that.

Nate Diaz with Ariel Hewani after the fight, telling Ariel that UFC told him the fight with McGregor is on:

Nick Diaz asked to break down Nate's win, but starts talking mostly about himself:

I usually love Nick Diaz interviews, but I did not understand what he was talking about at all in this video. He kind of just rambled about himself and things.
    Last edited by Spedizzo; December 21st, 2015 at 11:54 AM.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take every UFC fight announcement with a grain of salt until it actually happens lol. Especially out of the mouths of Dana White and other fighters. Hey Tate, you're getting the next title shot....Hey Frankie, no one can deny you the next title shot at 145 against Aldo or McGregor....

The issue I'd have with McGregor v. Diaz is that unlike when Anderson moved up and fought Forrest, he defended the title and there wasn't anyone really knocking at his door. McGregor has at least 2 guys, Frankie Edgar, and Max Holloway, but mainly Frankie who's only lost in title fights against top tier champions (Aldo and Benson, that's his only losses in his entire MMA career for fuck's sake).

I don't even think McGregor deserves a crack at RDA. 155 has some killers knocking at his door as well, but obviously rankings can go out the window when it comes to drawing. RDA v. say Tony Ferguson isn't going to draw more than RDA v. McGergor, champion v. champion.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see:

Conor vs. Frankie - FW Title (Before Conor moves up in weight)

Conor vs. Nate Diaz - LW Warm-up match for Conor, and only happens if Conor beats Frankie. It would have insane build. Would be like when Silva moved to LHW to fight The Sandman or Forrest but on a bigger scale.

RDA vs. Tony Ferguson - LW Title - Khabib is hurt as usual, Pettis and Alvarez are tied up (and I think Ferguson should be ranked ahead of Alvarez anyway).

IF Khabib Nurmagomedov can fight again in a timely manner, and RDA will fight again soon (since he was untouched against Cowboy), then I would do RDA vs. Khabib ASAP. Khabib is currently the uncrowned #1 in the LW division in my opinion. How will injuries affect him remains to be seen. Khabib made RDA his bitch for 3 rounds just last year. 6-0 in the UFC, 22-0 in MMA.

Jose Aldo vs. Max Holloway - FW #1 Contender Match
    Last edited by Spedizzo; December 21st, 2015 at 12:29 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know if Khabib wasn't more inury prone than Cain V I'd say sure give him a title shot but how do you justify giving someone a title shot who hasn't fought in 2 years? And to be honest, beating RDA almost 2 years ago, that's really all he's done his entire career and look at RDA's career since that lost-KO over Ben Henderson, beat the fuck out of Nate Diaz, whipped Pettis, waxed Cerrone. Khabib needs at least 2 big wins before using the "I beat RDA" card.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    His contract is up and he said that he's going to look at other options outside of the UFC. I mean if the UFC are like, you'll get the title shot over Arlovski if Arlovski wins against Stipe, then I could see him sticking around-especially if they bump his pay. But I also think that there are a lot of fighters who don't like the Reebok deal, they probably could make more fighting elsewhere if they're not making a killing in the UFC. Why else would Benson Henderson be pondering going to Bellator or OneFC knowing he's a top tier fighter? Why would Phil Davis leave the UFC when he's easily top 7-8 LHW? So I just think Overeem is going to play the game, he's going to probably go where the money goes and if the UFC won't give him what he's looking for then that JDS fight could be the last time we saw Overeem in the UFC.

Overeem goes where the money is, that's why he barely fought in Strikeforce while he was World champion and was over in Japan doing K-1 and fighting cans like Todd Duffee and Iron Head, because they were paying him more.
    fair enough. i see i title shot in his future personally.
    TAPS AFF!

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe a title shot could be included in negotiations. I can see Overeem vs the winner of Werdum/Cain, UNLESS Arlovski beats Miocic. Denying Arlovski if Arlovski wins against would be a fricken travesty.

Last time Overeem/Werdum fought, Overeem made Werdum look silly. But that was before Werdum started training his stand-up with The Karate Kid and K-1 Matt Hughes.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    fair enough. i see i title shot in his future personally.
    Well it's like Spedizzo was saying, he's not exactly the draw that he was coming into the UFC-personally I don't know if he was ever a draw here in the US because he was virtually unknown to most outside of the hardcore fans. But knocking out Dos Santos, that's a huge win, it moves him up the rankings right up with there with Arlovski who I think would be the better choice if he beats Stipe. So I guess it's, do you factor in Arlovski's come back story and beating solid fighters or do you factor in Overeem's win over the #2 HW and him having some pretty decent wins in the UFC as well? It's really a toss up.

It'll probably come down to money. The UFC might look at it as Overeem isn't worth more money and then Overeem can go fight Fedor at the next Rizen event in 2016 for 7 figures.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know if Khabib wasn't more inury prone than Cain V I'd say sure give him a title shot but how do you justify giving someone a title shot who hasn't fought in 2 years? And to be honest, beating RDA almost 2 years ago, that's really all he's done his entire career and look at RDA's career since that lost-KO over Ben Henderson, beat the fuck out of Nate Diaz, whipped Pettis, waxed Cerrone. Khabib needs at least 2 big wins before using the "I beat RDA" card.
    Khabib fought RDA a year and a half ago, but by the time he returns it would be 2 years so you would be right. I would say 1 decent win would give him a title shot based on how impressive his record is.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    Maybe a title shot could be included in negotiations. I can see Overeem vs the winner of Werdum/Cain, UNLESS Arlovski beats Miocic. Denying Arlovski if Arlovski wins against would be a fricken travesty.

Last time Overeem/Werdum fought, Overeem made Werdum look silly. But that was before Werdum started training his stand-up with The Karate Kid and K-1 Matt Hughes.
    You know what I remember about their fight? Werdum flopping to the ground to get Overeem to follow him ala Fedor since that fight happened prior, but I also remember when Werdum would actually engage on the feet, he was surprisingly doing very well for his skill level at the time. He wasn't a good striker, but he was tagging Overeem left and right, but then he'd just fall to his back and hope Overeem would fall into a triangle like Fedor did.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Werdum was silly in that fight. He respected Overeem's standup WAY too much. He did okay when he would engage.

Overeem was a bit overhyped in Strikeforce. He obviously roided when he came into Strikeforce and went on a nice win streak (but his wins consisted of the likes of Todd Duffee, Bret Rogers, James Thompson, etc), so his nickname became "Ubereem" and people on message boards thought he was the #1 HW in the world.

It wasn't until he came to UFC and we saw that he gasses pretty easily, has a suspect chin, and completely freezes when he gets tagged.

Werdum vs. Overeem 2 would be very different.
    Last edited by Spedizzo; December 21st, 2015 at 12:55 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Werdum was silly in that fight. He respected Overeem's standup WAY too much. He did okay when he would engage.

Overeem was way overhyped in Strikeforce because of his K1 credentials. He obviously roided when he came into Strikeforce and went on a nice win streak, so he became "Ubereem."

It wasn't until he came to UFC and we saw that he gasses pretty easily due to all his muscles, has a suspect chin, and freezes when he gets tagged.

Werdum vs. Overeem 2 would be very different.
    Man everything negative about Overeem has been there since Pride and he was at 205. Go watch that Chuck Liddell fight, he actually hit Chuck with some good shots but his fight IQ is subpar. I agree, he was overrated as fuck. Won a K-1 tournament but people say it wasn't even that great of a victory compared to other K-1 GP champions. Then that whole "He held 3 titles at the same time". 1 was Dream, where they didn't even have a HW division and he beat jabroni Todd Duffee to be the first, and only, never defended it. Strikeforce HW champion who hadn't defended it in about 2+ years, winning it from like Paul Beuntello or some shit. Then he comes to the UFC, super roided up, beats Lesnar after a year or so hiatus, fails a drug test, and that was that. He's had good showings in the UFC, like against Browne and Bigfoot before they knocked him the fuck out. Any other division he'd be written off as a guy who COULD HAVE BEEN SOMETHING but at HW there's always that chance to climb the rankings with the quickness because there aren't too many guys on big win streaks or anything.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soooooooooooo Gegard is out and now my man Anderson Silva is in Feb 27th against Bisping. Guess I will be getting Fight Pass next month. Fucking sucks that this isnt going to be on Fox Sports but Im cool with paying for one month, time for Anderson to give Bisping what hes wanted, a shot at the greatest. RIP Count Talkula Michael Bisping.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm now revising my opinion on whether or not to get tickets for this card.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I'm now revising my opinion on whether or not to get tickets for this card.
    The rest of the card looks like ass but this fight alone is the shit but Im a big Silva fan.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends if they get Gegard another fight really, I haven't heard that he's out due to injury.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends if they get Gegard another fight really, I haven't heard that he's out due to injury.
    Naw he was just pulled from the fight for reasons unknown and to be honest, Gegard is a letdown. Good 7 8 years ago, has really floundered in the UFC. He reminds me of Sexyama or Heath Herring, a ton of hype but never lived up to it in the UFC. I mean there are a shit ton of Gegard fans who still think hes the man.....Youre not the man with what we have seen since Strikeforce. I was like damn theyre kinda gifting Bisping another win....now, oh boy, Silva needs to make a statement. Bisping is a tough dude but Spider is going to put a beating on him.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say it's pretty obvious that they pulled gegard because the silva vs Bisping fight will sell better. I like gegard, so if he gets a decent opponent that'd be okay, they have given him a load of tough fights, but the sport needs gatekeepers.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good matchup.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say it's pretty obvious that they pulled gegard because the silva vs Bisping fight will sell better. I like gegard, so if he gets a decent opponent that'd be okay, they have given him a load of tough fights, but the sport needs gatekeepers.
    To my knowledge the event was already sold out, could be wrong.

Gegard is now fighting Thales Leites in the co-main. Pretty good fight on paper.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to the main event being cancelled at UFC 196 this is now going to be a free event on Fox Sports 1. HILARIOUS they couldn't do this for the Jon Jones ppv a couple years ago. So now Wonderboy v. Hendricks is the main event, great fight imo, just not ppv worthy...although apparently Mighty Mouse with a shit undercard is? Ok.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope Johny makes weight this time! This has potential disaster written all over it!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd pay to see Wonderboy knock out Johnny Hendricks if there was some way to fix it so that I ONLY had to pay if that happened. That'd be a great idea for the UFC.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we have a pretty solid Fox card tomorrow. UFC Fox on 18, google it if you want the full card, it looks pretty wild.

Main Card:

Rumble Johnson v. Ryan Bader (LHW)

Josh Barnett v. Ben Rothwell (HW)

Sage Northcutt v. Bryan Barberena (LW)

Iuri Alcantara v. Jimmie Rivera (BW)

Tarec Saffiedine v. Jake Ellenberger (WW)

I'm actually not 100% sure if the Tarec-Ellenberger fight is on the main card, probably not, still a solid "name" fight.

Really looking forward to the 2 main fights. Especially Barnett v. Rothwell. I think Rumble is going to wax Bader by the 2nd round at the latest and secure his spot for the winner of the Cormier-Jon Jones fight. Pulling for Warmaster against Big Ben but Big Ben has looked pretty damn good lately as well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a good card. I like how they're using A.J. as a regular on FOX, he has a high kill ratio so makes sense to feature him to a big audience. I think he wrecks Bader, he's too explosive early to get clung to and he'll land early and finish it. Bader has posted some all time dull performances lately, however efficient, so it will be a relief to see him derailed. Johnson has a punchers chance against any one man that ever lived.

Barnett vs. Rothwell is Skill vs. Will. Barnett is so technical and cerebral in all aspects of the sport. Rothwell's game is built on durability, strength and heart. Rothwell is best against guys he can outwill but I doubt Josh is one of those people. I put Barnett just outside the top 5 skillwise whereas Rothwell is a solid borderline top 10 who has an upset over Reem to bolster his standing.

Rivera looks a talent. Alcantara has big defensive grappling deficiencies but is a great offensive fighter. Could go either way.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The power that Rumble has is scary. Good win for him. I think he was wanting people to know that he has solid TDD and he pretty much outmuscled Bader on the ground and then hit him with a big shot that put Bader to sleep. Awesome.

I was fucking SHOCKED that Rothwell was the first guy to submit Barnett. That's just insane. I thought Nog did. I looked up his record, he had 2 submission losses prior, both to Mirko Cro Cop due to strikes. Only reason I was shocked was because of how long this dude has been fighting and again I thought Big Nog tapped him back in Pride, guess not. That was a rugged choke. I think there's no question that the next fight for Rothwell should be Stipe or a rematch with Overeem=winner gets title shot. I think the UFC are still going to ride out Werdum v. Cain II (yay) unless Cain's return time is 6 months from now.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only saw the main event. For some reason I thought the card started at 10PM EST...

I had a bet on Rumble, and as soon as I saw Ryan Bader shoot for the takedown I said outloud "pussy" because I was A.) in public and trying to be cool and 2.) nervous because I knew that was a smart gameplan and didn't want him to wear out Rumble and didn't want Rumble to gas.

But when it completely backfired and it made Bader look silly I was all "yeah I told you guys "

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol. I wasn't surprised that Bader went for a takedown, that's his bread and butter. Bader wasn't going to stand and trade, not like Bader has a glass jaw or anything but Rumble hits fucking hard.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Rumble p4p hardest puncher in the sport right now? McGregor, Lawler, Hunt are in some level of the conversation. I just don't get that knot in my stomach when any of those guys get a chance to tee off on someone like when Johnson does. Just, oof. If there's anyone else I'm missing that deserves a shout or anyone think's hits harder right now I'd like to hear it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rothwell tapping out Barnett deserved every "wow" that fell out of Rogan's mouth. Just a shame he didn't do his laugh during the interview. Nuts that we're now looking at Rothwell as a genuine murderer - for ages it seemed like he was destined to be another fighter with a cracking L-W-L-W-L-W record, but ever since his suspension, he's come back looking like he'd rip the dick off a gorilla. The division is nearly on its way to being interesting again.

Rumble being Rumble is always a treat.

UFC 196 promo was outstanding. I can't wait.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rothwell is a bad ass.

He had a loss against Velasquez 7 years ago when Velasquez was on a tear and Rothwell couldn't stop the takedown and pressure, a loss against Mark Hunt 5 years ago which was at altitude and honestly was a mess as both guys were winded as fuck, and then a submission loss against Gonzaga which I did not see 3 years ago (and a sub loss against Gonzaga is forgivable)... the guy is 9-3 in the UFC in the last 7 years... not too shabby.

On an off topic note, I cannot believe that UFC 104 (Rothwell/Velasquez) was 7 years ago. Time is flying by at an insane rate. I remember watching that PPV at a Fox and Hound and giving my number to a waitress who I never heard from again. I also remember having a huge bet in on Machida because I was convinced that the "Machida Era" was here, and then after the fight I was convinced that I just lost all my money just for the judges to award the decision to Machida. Great night.
    Last edited by Spedizzo; February 1st, 2016 at 2:56 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a great card on Saturday, kind of boring main card, prelims had a few solid finishes.

Wonderboy though, damn he made a great case for being next in line to get a title shot and who wouldn't want to see him and Lawler mix it up? I say if they don't do Lawler v. Condit II then this is the fight to make. Never seen anyone handle Big Rig like that.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Delighted to see Hendricks get smashed.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot the fight was on. Shocked by the result.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just reading a few comments from Hendricks at the post-fight and the dude was basically saying that he wanted a slugfest like him and Lawler had, just stand there and throw. That's probably why you got rinsed homeboy lol. You can't have fights like that especially against powerful strikers like Lawler and not walk away with some long term damage imo. And while Carlos Condit is my favorite fighter, well 2nd now that BJ Penn is back, I think Wonderboy should get the next shot at Lawler. I want to see the contrast in striking styles meet and Wonderboy has earned it imo. Who's higher ranked than Hendricks? Condit was like #5 when he fought for the belt.

IMHO, you do Condit v. Woodley 2=winner faces Lawler/Wonderboy winner. Woodley hasn't fought in over a year, and his last win wasn't exactly anything to brag about and he's only on a 2 fight winning streak with no big wins. Even the Condit win has a black mark on it. Sadly Woodley's biggest win was against a past his prime Koscheck about 3 years ago....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has to be top 3 by now. Matt Brown is his only loss I remember. Lawler has proved he is just an out and out hero now so that would be some punch-up. I would say Wonderboy is the most skilled stand up fighter in the division so seeing Robbie fire back would be a true test.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Condit will get the belt eventually though. I think he would beat anyone these days. Guy just has bad luck and it took me a long time to see it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woodley thinks that Wonderboy should have to fight Rory and then Woodley should get the title shot against Lawler since he "beat" Condit and the Hendricks fight never happened due to Hendricks' bad weight cut. Woodley hasn't fought in over a year, for whatever reason, and there's no way he deserves a title shot over Wonderboy. Woodley needs a big win, something legit. He's biggest win sadly, was against Koscheck. He's acting like his win over Condit was legit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well... He's not wrong, that being said, I wouldn't be upset if the UFC put him in a title fight. Woodley has to know by now with the UFC and its fans it's all about what you've done lately, and Thompson has the biggest win lately in the division.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom_Axe View Post
    Well... He's not wrong, that being said, I wouldn't be upset if the UFC put him in a title fight. Woodley has to know by now with the UFC and its fans it's all about what you've done lately, and Thompson has the biggest win lately in the division.
    You think Woodley should get a title shot, based on what? A split decision over Kelvin? I also don't think Wonderboy should have to fight anyone but the champ. 6 fight winning streak, completely rinsed the #1 contender in Hendricks. I think Woodley is a talented fighter but why hasn't he fought? And it's hard to make a case for someone to get a title shot when they're the last 2 wins were against guys who aren't even in the top 10 of your division. Now yes, that worked for Holly Holm, but 170 hasn't been cleared out by the champion like Ronda did in hers so it's not like they're struggling to find challengers.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Maybe Woodley could rematch Rory or fight Matt Brown. Wouldn't mind Woodley/Hector Lombard either. They're team mates at ATT, but I hear there is no love lost at all between them..

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    Maybe Woodley could rematch Rory or fight Matt Brown. Wouldn't mind Woodley/Hector Lombard either. They're team mates at ATT, but I hear there is no love lost at all between them..
    Shit that's what I was thinking, why doesn't WOODLEY fight Rory? I mean I wouldn't be negative if we heard Lawler v. Condit 2 and Rory v. Wonderboy for the shot at the belt next....But if Condit isn't next in line there is nobody and no reason for Lawler to sit out too long. Wood v. Rory #1 contender and Wonderboy v. Lawler at UFC 199 wouldn't be a bad thing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You think Woodley should get a title shot, based on what? A split decision over Kelvin? I also don't think Wonderboy should have to fight anyone but the champ. 6 fight winning streak, completely rinsed the #1 contender in Hendricks. I think Woodley is a talented fighter but why hasn't he fought? And it's hard to make a case for someone to get a title shot when they're the last 2 wins were against guys who aren't even in the top 10 of your division. Now yes, that worked for Holly Holm, but 170 hasn't been cleared out by the champion like Ronda did in hers so it's not like they're struggling to find challengers.
    Woodley getting the next shot would be great I'd love to see him vs. Lawler, and if he wins, we get to see that Condit rematch, and if he loses we get to see Condit rematch Lawler.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who the fuck is ready for Anderson Silva v. Michael Bisping? Less than 2 weeks away. I'll be getting Fight Pass solely to see this fight.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might actually stay up late to watch it for the first time ever.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    it wont be on late because its in the uk. unless 10pm is late these days.
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...maybe it is Mike.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    party hard.
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Is Silva/Bisping being promoted much at all in England? I've barely heard anything here and just remembered this was a thing today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I feel like with a good promo package, I coulda gotten excited for that fight.. Don't really feel that way day of. Waste of Spider's name and Bisbing's awesomeness

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Definitely feels like a waste of the Spider ...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    amazing fight. wank decision. i had silva by a point.
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had it 3-2 Bisping. Anderson had to finish in the 5th. Had him hurt too.... Was losing my shit watching Bisbing teeter. Great fight.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I had Silva as well. He fucked himself off though taking so much time off in the fight and not coming out after Bisping to start the 4th.

Hats off to Bisping too for keeping his shit together after being jackhammered and not getting roped into Anderson's bs.

Entertaining fuckin fight.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incredible fight.

I had the same score as the judges and great to see Bisping get a close decision in his favour.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    3-2 bisping, in the rounds silva won he did much more damage, but he only won two of them. it seemd silva thought he would get extra points for showboating. whenever he went aggressively on offense it went very well for him, but much of the fight he was content to bob and weave.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judges should be smart enough to see the visible damage on Bisping's face. Silva hurt him more 3, 4, 5. English judges were the issue not so much the scoring system. Looking for reasons to give Bisping rounds. What can you do though? Silva should've followed the knee up with a punch or two, and they would've ended the fight there... I don't think Silva heard the bell so when Herb jumped in to stop the round, he thought he was calling the fight. But I can easily understand if someone had it for Bisping.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Silva seemed to constantly be trying to hit that back elbow and recreate the knockout he had over Tony Fryklund 10+ years ago. I just wanted to throw my remote at the t.v. watching Silva never really turn it on and Bisping looked good, tough, I was fucking shocked to be honest how the fight went. I mean I didn't fully expect Silva to win by KO or submission but I definitely didn't expect him to lose. I can definitely see Bisping getting 3 of the rounds, the first 2 for sure. Ugh, frustrating.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry, but Bisping didn't win that last round, and what I saw, it was tied going into the fifth I'll give Bisping props for coming to fight though. He pushed, and maybe it was heart that got him the win. So I guess you can say Silva should've laid it on him and not left it up to the judges. He was hesitant. The 1st round was nearly over before he landed a punch. After he hurt Bisping with the flying knee, for some reason Silva went back into his shell. Bisping was clearly halfway down the drain, but Silva gave him the chance to recover. If he would've went for it, he could've easily gotten the finish. Bisping did have the center a lot more, but wasn't productive enough to say it warranted him the round. Silva dodged a lot of his punches. Had the fight been in Brazil Silva would've taken the decision. If it was here in the U.S. it might have been split for either guy I guess. I feel like Silva could've finished Bisping several times. The round after the knee was bizarre with Silva not doing much at all. That wasn't the Silva of old. Bisping might have got the decision, but it was clear by the condition of his face who won the fight. Silva has nobody to blame but himself for not finishing in the 5th.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or even the 4th. I wanted to plug in my ps3 controller and show Silva how it's done lol. I mean for fuck's sake, 49-48 across the board....That means all 3 judges gave Bisping 4/5 rounds. I knew right when they read the scorecards who won that shit because no way anyone would give Silva the first 2 rounds after getting dropped in both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Silva clearly "won the fight" in that he caused more damage, but he lost the scorecards pretty easily imo. If you're gonna dance the whole time while the other guy presses, you gotta make your flurries count and get the finish. Going the distance with that strategy is silliness. But i guess it's just Anderson getting older. Probably can't really risk trading for 5 rounds.

Bisping 1,2, and 4. and the third was not a 10-8.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't get what the gameplan was for Silva. Constantly throwing that stupid fucking elbow. I think he was literally trying recreate that moment they showed right at the start of the show where he knocked that dude out with a weird back elbow. He just never seemed to truly turn it on. The last 2 fighters he fought were not known for knocking people out so I don't get the hesitation in either fight. Moreso in this one than the Diaz fight. Bisping fucking dropping him twice should make Anderson want to retire. And then some dude on Sherdog in their section of "matches to make" says he should fight Vitor.....Vitor??? Fucking off steroids he still hits harder than most. I'm Silva I'm going home and calling it a day. And watch, the fucker will get popped for some PED and make Bisping even happier.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I caught the fight late on fight pass mobile on my phone and watched the fight casually from round 3 on

From what I saw, Silva kicked the shit out of Bisping and I was confident that Silva won

I wasn't even paying attention to the decision because I was so confident Silva won at least those last 3 rounds, not even caring about the first 2. When I saw Bisping celebrating with his family I was like wtf

The fact that it was a unanimous decision over a split decision is baffling to me

Pressing over damage? Come on. Bisping looks like leatherface right now

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overeem is 4-1 in his last 5, so he is at the top of the division although his image has been scarred because he was essentially getting knocked out by everyone when he first came into the UFC.

Overeem has made it known that he goes where the money is and is going to test free agency, and the UFC isn't the easiest company in the world to deal with. Overeem isn't exactly a big draw anymore, and I don't know how good of terms he is on with Dana and friends. He is still a big name though, so another company may be willing to pay him more than the UFC which is why he may be done with the UFC.

Overeem caught JDS on the nose in the first round which really turned things around in their fight. I couldn't tell if it broke his nose or not. JDS didn't look the same after that.

Nate Diaz with Ariel Hewani after the fight, telling Ariel that UFC told him the fight with McGregor is on:

Nick Diaz asked to break down Nate's win, but starts talking mostly about himself:

I usually love Nick Diaz interviews, but I did not understand what he was talking about at all in this video. He kind of just rambled about himself and things.
    Back in December I called Diaz fighting McGregor

I am awesome!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    i think it would be fair to say that the biggest bit of damage to Bisping was the flying knee after the bell.
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the knee wasn't late.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    i think it would be fair to say that the biggest bit of damage to Bisping was the flying knee after the bell.
    It wasn't after the bell though and look at his face, no way that flying knee did all of that. It seemed like everytime Silva touched him, Bisping bled. Now, the same shit happens to GSP. He'd dominate a guy for 5 rounds with ease but if he got hit in the face more than 5 times he looked like Rocky Balboa.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    My mistake I thought the knee was late.

This face runs the place
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Silva must really need the money these days cuz his heart just isn't in it anymore. Just watching the shell of a guy who in his prime would have mowed through Bisping in about 4 mins.

Silva should just call it a career and go train some kids down in Brazil or something.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to know if Silva's corner told him he had it on the scorecards. It's Silva's fault for not pursuing the finish. I can see the 4th both ways. Not much else out there for him though, I guess unless we see something crazy like Silva/St. Pierre at UFC 200.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Silva vs Penn

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Silva vs. Machida
    Silva vs. Mousasi
    Silva vs. Rashad Evans

are 3 fights we haven't seen that appeals to me

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solid HW fight this weekend between Mark Hunt and Frank Mir airing Saturday March 19th on Fox Sports 1. Also featuring fighters like Hector Lombard, Bec Rawlings, and more.

Mir v. Hunt will be a solid fight. Mir has underrated hands so I can't count him out. But I'm rolling with Hunt.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mir definitely has knock out power but does get a bit wreckless and has a susceptible chin. He also keeps the fight standing a lot of times when he should clearly bring it to the ground. His last fight against Todd Duffee is a great example. Yes, he won by knock out, but it was pretty much a rock em' sock em' robot exchange of heavyweights when Frank Mir could have utilized his vastly superior jiu-jitsu.

I don't think Frank Mir should stand with Hunt at all in this one. But he probably will stand the entire fight instead of going for trip/takedown and making easy work on the ground of Hunt. Taking Hunt down is no easy task, but it is a lot less risky than exchanging blows with him.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many of you have Fight Pass? Well I ordered it for the Bisping-Silva fight and was a little sad there wasn't a free 30-day trial this time around so I dropped the $10. The shitty thing is since that fight, I've only been able to really watch it twice. The shit just keeps dropping out, or it will say that video stream is down and to try back later. That's happened like 10 fucking times.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Fight Pass but I have a year subscription and I tried watching Silva/Bisping on Xbox One but I had problems... so I tried on mobile and it worked.

I never had problems before that though. I don't use Fight Pass often though for Live events, I got it for my brother who uses it a lot.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See I had zero issues watching the SIlva fight and I didn't even get to watch it until like 9pm that night. I just figured shit if I'm stuck with it for the next month I might as well use it so I've been trying to watch Pride events I never saw and it's just a bitch to get them to stream all the way through or stream at all. The Network used to be like this at the very start and I think Fight Pass has been around just as long, maybe even longer.

I will admit I've only tried wtching it on my Roku, not my PS3 so maybe I'd have better luck on the PS3.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Kinda fuck titles and rankings when your signature is the walk-off

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God I love mark hunt.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Racking my brain on who Hunt should fight next. Aren't exactly tons of options at HW and he has already fought most of the top guys; Werdum, JDS, Struve, Reem, Big Country, Mir, Stipe, Rothwell. The guys he hasn't fought already; Cain, Browne and AA are booked. AA/Reem loser perhaps?

Maybe Hunt/Barnett II would make sense? Put them on UFC 200, it would mark the 10 year "anniversary" of their Pride fight. Hunt is probably better and Barnett is probably worse than when they first fought. Could be a good scrap.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sherdog was pondering the UFC doing Hunt v. the WINNER of Overeem/Arlovski. I think if Overeem beats Arlovski he's made a good case for the next title shot against Werdum-Miocic. I would definitely go with the loser of that fight.

Anyone else notice just how sad Frank Mir looked? Physically I haven't seen him look that bad since he came back from the motorcycle accident. He's never been a shredded looking guy but this past Saturday he looked like he just showed up to get the check.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hunt is a g. Mir needs to go ahead and retire finally. I think he was hoping for Hunt to go into his guard to try and recover, but of course Hunt always does those walkaways. It looked like he didn't know where he was at. He was just trying to shoot the whole time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hunt has won 2 in a row in quick fashion. His next fight should be against either a top 5 guy with a title shot up for grabs, or a legends fight against Arlovski or dos Santos. He doesn't have many fights left so you either want to position him for a title shot or give him fun fights.

On that note, Shogun vs. Corey Anderson is a fight I hate. Shogun has looked terrible for a while so he should be in there with either guys like Vitor or Machida, or "fun fights" against Maldonado, not getting pipped to the punch by a boring cunt with gyno.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hunt is a g. Mir needs to go ahead and retire finally. I think he was hoping for Hunt to go into his guard to try and recover, but of course Hunt always does those walkaways. It looked like he didn't know where he was at. He was just trying to shoot the whole time.
    I think Mir did say that he was out of it when he got dropped. Some were calling it a bullshit stoppage or whatever since it looked like just because Hunt walked off the ref just figured Mir was out of it but that wasn't the case. Mir said he was out of it, good enough for me. I agree, he needs to retire. He's been knocked the fuck out way too many times over the years. This time he literally just looked like he came in on 2 days notice and hadn't seen a gym since 2005.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So yesterday was Dos Santos v. Rothwell. Dos Santos looked really good against a guy who has had somewhat of a career resurgence. A very solid win for JDS to get him back on track to making another run at the title.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completely forgot the event was on Saturday. I knew it was coming up, but for some reason just didn't think it was Saturday. Kind of bummed.

I like Dos Santos and Rothwell. On paper I think it is obvious that JDS is a better boxer, but Rothwell has been on a nice streak. I was expecting JDS to win, but he has taken a lot of damage his last couple of fights.

I am happy to see JDS win, but upset that Rothwell had to lose.

As a whole, the heavyweight division has been pretty shit. The big names have been injured all the time, and the middle of the pack fighters have not been impressive at all. There aren't many heavyweights either, which doesn't help.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    JDS looked remarkably fresher. Maybe just very healthy? Maybe Rothwell was just a slug in comparison? Anyway, good lookin out Junior.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always liked JDS and feel like outside of Cain V he could beat anyone in the HW division, even those who have beaten him i.e. Overeem. Going into this Rothwell fight I feared that Rothwell would sink in a choke or get a knockout but JDS just seemed to be on point. Didn't take much damage either which was refreshing.

Sped I agree about the HW division. Sadly it's always been this way in terms of the depth. There's always been like 5-6 really good HW's and then everyone else just kind of....meh.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember during the days of Lesnar/Carwin/JDS/Velasquez/Couture/Mir/Overeem/Fedor etc. the heavyweight division had so much potential and the idea that a 265+ division might be necessary for guys who have to cut down in weight.

Then it all just fell apart.

Werdum is pretty hot right now, Velasquez is probably still the top heavyweight (on paper) but his injuries have really fucked his career, JDS is always dangerous but Velasquez has his number and like I said he has taken a lot of damage his last few fights, and the rest of the division consist of guys who have been around a while, taken a lot of damage, and see-saw in wins and losses.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next Sunday, Arlovski v. Overeem 2. Who takes it? Watching these 2 fight is like knowing a car crash is coming you just don't know when lol. I'm kind of thinking Overeem might take this one but you never know with AA. My heart wants AA, my brain says Overeem.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if I can remember to watch I definitely will

don't see it going past 1 or 2 rounds

anyone has a chance of winning these heavyweight fights it seems, but I would have to lean Overeem definitely

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This will actually be the first time they've fought and honestly I'm not particularly looking forward to it. Maybe if Arlovski was still on his streak/resurgence but he got destroyed in his last outing while Overeem knocked out JDS in his. Poor and random match-making imo.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    This will actually be the first time they've fought and honestly I'm not particularly looking forward to it. Maybe if Arlovski was still on his streak/resurgence but he got destroyed in his last outing while Overeem knocked out JDS in his. Poor and random match-making imo.
    Ah shit that's right they haven't fought. I think for some odd reason I thought they had but it was actually the Browne fight I was thinking of lol.

I don't know if it's poor match making. AA is still ranked in the top 5, Overeem is #3. I do agree that it would be a bigger, more important fight if AA hadn't lost his last fight but it's still a good fight. Probably secures Overeem a title shot and it would put AA back in immediate contention if he were to win.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Next Sunday, Arlovski v. Overeem 2. Who takes it? Watching these 2 fight is like knowing a car crash is coming you just don't know when lol. I'm kind of thinking Overeem might take this one but you never know with AA. My heart wants AA, my brain says Overeem.
    Heart says Overeem, brain says Overeem.

Both are fragile and chins are pretty much equally shot. I think AO just has way more tools to win the fight. Arlovski has decent boxing but pretty much nothing else, Overeem has them knees, that clinch and a very solid, underrated ground-game. If Overeem can handle the boxing, and crack the chin of JDS, AA shouldn't be any different. Of course, when HW's throw down anything can happen.

Two Swedes on this card as well. Everyone loves Reza Maddadi right? Right..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now this is a fight that should guarantee a finish. I'm not sure what they're going to do with Overeem if he wins, but it seems unlikely that a win over Arlovski will secure him a title shot. But that's a big if. I got Arlovski catching Overeem fast.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now this is a fight that should guarantee a finish. I'm not sure what they're going to do with Overeem if he wins, but it seems unlikely that a win over Arlovski will secure him a title shot. But that's a big if. I got Arlovski catching Overeem fast.
    It'd be hard to deny a guy who would be on a 4 fight winning steak and his last 2 victories being against the #1 ranked (at the time) and the #5 ranked HW. Who else is there? Not Cain. Fuck that guy.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Well, Overeem would be on a four fight win streak including the JDS KO if he beats AA, I'm pretty sure he'd get a title fight. Overeem/Werdum being 1-1 kind of sells that title fight as well. Would be the first time in history two guys has fought each other in Pride, Strikeforce and the UFC I think.

Personally I wouldn't mind Overeem/Brown II if Travis can defeat Cain. To me Overeem was/is the better fighter, he just fucked up big time in that fight. If he hadn't gone into retard mode the fight probably would have ended like Overeem/Brett Rogers. Big Foot is just waay too far down the ladder for an Overeem rematch, 1-4-1 since they fought.
    Last edited by OD50; May 6th, 2016 at 1:55 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Reem with that left-hook again.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no question that Overeem is next in line. I'm hoping Werdum wins, I like the back story and it would be the rubber match as both have wins against the other. AA did his best, he had a nice flurry about 25 seconds into the fight and that was about it.

And let's be honest, that Geronomo chick is huge and should fight Cyborg Santos if she's victorious.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Loved that Arlovski furry for the fact that Reem continued to show more defensive poise and patience during it.

How much of Werdum/Reem II would UFC go out of their way to avoid in promoting a Werdum/Reem III title fight?

... all of this assuming Werdum retains of course ...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by percussion13 View Post
    Loved that Arlovski furry for the fact that Reem continued to show more defensive poise and patience during it.

How much of Werdum/Reem II would UFC go out of their way to avoid in promoting a Werdum/Reem III title fight?

... all of this assuming Werdum retains of course ...
    haha, well there are some highlights from that fight they'll probably show but yeah that fight was pretty lame. And I don't get why, when they would exchange on the feet, Werdum was holding his own, looking sweet, but then he'd fall to his back. I get why he was doing it, his hands look way better these days then they did 4-5 years ago.