User Tag List

Thread: Attack on Titan

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attack on Titan

I don't know how many of you guys are anime fans. I myself used to be a huge one when I was younger, now a bit more sparingly when it comes to modern seires, but I always love what I'd consider to be the best of the crop when I check it out. I had heard of this show Attack on Titan because Team Four Star(the guys who make DBZ Abridged) started an abridged series of it, but I had no clue what it was until a friend of mine only a few days later had forced me to watch an episode.

This has to be one of the most crushing anime shows I have ever watched. The concept is a rather unique spin on an amalgamation of cliched plots, where all of humanity has been forced to live within this giant wall to protect life from these creatures called "Titans," which are basically naked humanoid giants that look like pedophiles and seem perpetually interested in killing and eating humans. Humanity's been safe for 100 years behind the wall, but as you can guess, one day, something happens that compromises that safety, and tragedy just hits.

The animation is top notch; there's a lot of movement and detail as opposed to the limited animation of most anime. It's actually a lot like watching an anime film as a large series. It takes some turns you don't really expect ad keeps you hooked to see more after every episode I've watched so far. Episode 1 starts a bit slow, but it becomes so heavy by the end.

If you like anime or you are the type of person that can appreciate a really well put-together anime, you should check this out. You can sign up for a free account on Funimation.com and watch the whole series on stream. I'm 9 episodes in and can't peel myself away. Here's a link:

http://www.funimation.com/shows/attack-on-titan/anime

Anyone else seen this show yet? Thoughts?

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HOLY FUCK.

This is amazing. I am not a big Anime guy but was watching this on netflix. About half way through the 1st season. AMAZING.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The show is a little slow at the start, but once it kicks off, it kicks off.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I found it was a show with a peaks and some very low valleys. Found there to be some really dragged out parts, but still overall was enjoyable.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never watched any anime. I got a few episodes into.this and lost interest.

It's on Netflix for anyone interested

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    I found it was a show with a peaks and some very low valleys. Found there to be some really dragged out parts, but still overall was enjoyable.
    Oh yeah, some of those episodes DRAAAAAGGED with the people just standing around doubting themselves. Definite filler

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried watching this on several occasions, but it's just too ludicrous. I guess I'm just not an anime guy. The big, twitchy eyes... the heavy breathing and grunting... the yelling... the stoic, over-the-shoulder dialogue... and the stupidly random premise. Gave it a couple shots, but it's just dumb.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Tried watching this on several occasions, but it's just too ludicrous. I guess I'm just not an anime guy. The big, twitchy eyes... the heavy breathing and grunting... the yelling... the stoic, over-the-shoulder dialogue... and the stupidly random premise. Gave it a couple shots, but it's just dumb.
    I understand not liking anime tropes, which is exactly everything you complained about, but how are most premises NOT random?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm gonna say that VHS not being an anime fan contributes to his plot hatred. AoT really isn't a good first anime.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't see how it's necessarily "random" compared to any other plot. If he thinks it's weak or lame or outlandish, that's fine. I know anime has a lot of tropes and features that some people just can't get interested in, and I'll never blame someone for hating anime. And I'm not trying to shit-talk VHS either, as it might have come off that way. Really, it's more of a semantics thing that probably didn't warrant a response.