User Tag List

Thread: Bill DeMott thread

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill DeMott thread

The news about Bill DeMott has been easing itself in and out for a long time, and I feel like the stories are becoming less few and far between. More people are coming out and sharing their own perspective and experiences with the man, and they're all saying he's a bully. The only indication of Bill's character for me has always been in light of his work on Tough Enough, and even then he just seemed like a hard-@$$, but diligent coach. There's no sidestepping his dedication and love for the business, but this subject is really intriguing to me now.

Rajah put up the "Two and a Half Wrestlers" podcast about Bill, and I'm about to listen to it myself.
    http://twoandahalfwrestlers.com/

Discuss!

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well he has now been accused of bullying and sexual harassment to both men and women. So he seems like a treasure.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy always struck me as a bully. There's an unfortunate tendency in wrestling to tolerate abuse because of the idea that wrestlers need to be "toughened up." Everybody in wrestling had it real tough when they were coming up, so they want to make the young guys suffer through the same thing. We're supposed to think it's good for Daniel Puder to get his ass kicked by Hardcore Holly in the Royal Rumble. I understand that wrestling is a tough business, but there's no need for guys to be bullied. Guys don't need to get legitimately beat up when the fake beatings already hurt. Guys don't need homophobic slurs and other abuse language hurled at them. If this stuff is true, WWE should make a stand for decency and fire the guy.

I have a real frustration with the embrace of the authoritarian coach. People tell stories of Woody Hayes, Bo Schembechler, and other old coaches abusing their players and we're supposed to act like that was some kind of righteous thing to do. Thankfully, we seem to be collectively waking up to the fact that this is unacceptable. I was happy to see the Rutgers basketball coach get fired for abusing his players, and he shouldn't be the last one. We would never tolerate a college professor acting in that manner towards his students, and the same standards should be applied to coaches. You can be tough on your players without abusing them.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On top of that the latest bit of info is that he regularly pulled out a fucking GUN in training and waved it about.

They released all the info on him being a big meanie but sat on the fact he POINTED A GUN at trainees until now?
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Intercontinental Champion Jacknife's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The world has become full of giant pussies.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's become the raindrop scenario where you hear one story and you forget about it, then you look again and you've got a river of bad press busting through the dam.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife View Post
    Oh, but you don't fall into that category right? Of course not.

Intercontinental Champion Jacknife's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I absolutely do. It's why I'm in the position I'm currently in.

The Stale Smell of Excess Jimmy Zero's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh fuck off. You're probably a giant bitch in your day to day life.

On topic: Employing a person who behaves like that really negates the already stupid Be A Star anti-bullying campaign of WWE's. Aside from the general unprofessionalism. It's amazing WWE hasn't been sued because of Demott.
    Last edited by Jimmy Zero; July 3rd, 2013 at 8:52 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine WWE hasn't been sued because anybody he abused actually wants to earn a living in the wrestling business. Bullying wins! Good job, wrestling industry.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jim Cornette got canned for slapping Santino so I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens to DeMott. Especially if there was a gun involved. That's crazy.

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife View Post
    Yeah, it's a very important and essential training technique. When someone is training to become a brain surgeon, they're doing a very demanding and high pressure job so it's important to make sure you slap them in the face and call them a faggot frequently during training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When DVDA calls you crazy, you know you've over stepped the mark.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    People that do stuff like that make responsible gun owners look bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt about that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people are just assholes ... doesn't matter how they broke into the business or if they had to overcome adversity or were also treated badly or treated tremendously well ... they just like making people suffer.

Wrestlers get the mentality that "it's about paying dues." No, paying your dues is being ring crew, or helping clean up after a show; paying your dues is working for free or with little pay; paying your dues is traveling six hours to a show, just to work two minutes in a Battle Royal to put over a backyarder who is wrestling in Adidas shorts.

Having a gun waved at you and being called faggot or sexually harassed is not part of paying your dues; if it's not tolerated when you work in a restaurant or retail or in a corporate office, it doesn't belong near the ring either.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mike View Post
    I imagine WWE hasn't been sued because anybody he abused actually wants to earn a living in the wrestling business. Bullying wins! Good job, wrestling industry.
    Yeah, I'm not surprised people didn't speak out immediately against Demott's alleged behaviour. Similar to the sexual abuse scandals in the UK over the past year. He was in a position of authority, and that power imbalance can be very daunting. There's no guarantee as to the kind of support those wrestlers could have obtained, had they challenged him. If I was a wrestler, I wouldn't relish the idea of taking on WWE's legal team if they decided to make a fight of it.

WWE has made a number of positive steps forward in the past decade, with regard to how they treat their talent. But some of those steps have been reactive. I don't think the company is a paragon of virtue, by any means. We're talking about an industry where new talent were often treated like shit until someone arbitrarily decided that they had paid their dues. Put that mentality up against the WWE philosophy of trying to push new characters to the top right away in the desperate hope of finding a new Austin in a bad economy, and you're going to have veterans who will find that a very uncomfortable transition. This is the kind of news story that WWE doesn't need at the moment, and they should want to deal with it as swiftly as possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tough love can be a good and fruitful method when used on the right person on the right circumstances but theres a line and some of the stories suggest Demott as gone well past it. I couldn't comment or slate the guy because I don't know if said stories are true but if enough come out then you've certainly got to at least question the guy.

The last decade ha saw the wrestling business drastically change for the better, in the most part, so if the allegations are true then I'm guessing it will all catch up with the guy in the end.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised nobody has come out with some hidden camera footage. If I was a student that had a coach acting in this manner, I'd have a hidden camera in my bag filming the class just for the sake of evidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://rajah.com/node/34536

apparantly wwe has investigated the allegations and found no wrongdoings

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin Matthews was dropped from his WWE developmental contract based, in a large part, on Bill DeMott's recommendation, due to the fact that Bill DeMott was the head trainer of Deep South Wrestling at the time. Kevin Matthews was not well liked with many of the other wrestlers during his stint. He was thought of as kind of a jerk. He was also dating Krissy Vaine at the time (who is now married to NXT's Conor O'Brian), and was said to treat her pretty crappy as well. I can't speak on Chase Donovan or Chad Baxter, but Kevin Matthews is a jerk who has had it in for Bill DeMott since he was released from Deep South Wrestling in 2006.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE's statement is pretty accusatory and suggests they weren't exactly starting this investigation from anything like a neutral perspective. Doesn't mean their findings were wrong but frankly I don't trust internal investigations in entities that are notorious for having an attitude of "paying your dues" and letting people defecate in your belongings.

And now anybody who came forward is fucked, whether they were a liar or a genuine victim. This is why people tend not to come forward until somebody else does it first, there's always that risk that you'll end up victimised all over again by people closing ranks because plebs don't matter.
    Last edited by The_Mike; July 9th, 2013 at 11:16 AM.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Demott obviously has an abusive training style that comes from the old school wrestling mentality. There's a lot to take issue with there. But these sexual harassment and gun threat claims need to be substantiated somehow, and they haven't been.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're seeing yet another wave of Bill stories and this guy is still employed. What's gotta happen for this guy to get canned?

To follow up on Austin’s letter to WWE about Bill DeMott that was swept under the rug just like mine, here is yet another developmental talents letter to the office that was also swept under the rug that was just sent to me AND the talent Ryan Collins “Brandon Traven” was released weeks after sending it.

Like I said you talk you get fired. Corrupt.
    Subject: Letter
    Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 21:29:05 -0400

Mr. Canyon Ceman,

I’m writing this letter today due to concerns I’ve had with the training. I’ve contemplated writing this for some time now. After seeing Harley Race this past week, and talking with him about my concerns for not only my training but my physical well being, he himself encouraged me to write a letter and not only that. He informed me to have anyone in the office to call him if they have any questions about any of the information I will be writing about.

My overall biggest concern is about my safety. Before we took off for Holiday break I suffered a minor head injury. The thing about head injuries is you can’t really tell how bad they are until you have proper time to rest. During the course of a practice, I got hit in the head during a drill. I felt very dizzy right away and stepped out of the ring. Practice was almost over that day and I told a few guys near me that I was dizzy. One suggested I might have just been dehydrated or in need of some food. I drank some water and ate a protein bar and I did feel a lot better as the day went. I decided to play the next day of training by ear and see how I felt. I stretched out and did a few rolls in the ring. After just a couple of rolls I felt very dizzy again and saw the trainer.

That day our usual trainer Brian Duncan was on the road. And a substitute trainer attended to me. As I was setting on the table, she examined my eyes and reaction time. Eventually Coach DeMott came in asking what happened. I told him the story of how everything happened, he then accused me of making things worse. Which is not uncommon as Coach DeMott gets angry and standoffish at any sign of injury. The main part of this story that angers me is that as he was leaving the trainers room, Coach DeMott slapped me on top of the head. This really angered me as I don’t believe he has right to put hands on anyone especially like that. I was lucky that my head injury wasn’t too serious. His negligence in this situation could have worsened my injury.

I have also grown very tired of how Coach DeMott has constantly bullied us. Whether by physically hitting us, or by calling us gay. He has on numerous occasions alluded to me being gay. His favorite phrase is “half a sissy” not to mention him calling me and others “f*ggots” Coach DeMott has also on several occasions grabbed the bottom rope while we are watching practice and pull it back to hit everyone in the face while they are paying attention to instruction. I personally don’t understand his destructive and bullying nature.
    While talking with Harley this week about countless unproductive or straight up dangerous drills he encouraged this letter and told me to include that all parties who read it should call him to talk further. Harley agreed that we should not be subjective to physical, or verbal abuse. He was very angry about hearing the information I shared and more than anything didn’t understand why he has us doing unproductive drills to begin with, as opposed to having practice matches which we have only done on a few occasions.
    In fact upon Harley hearing the story of Coach DeMott hitting me on the head after a head injury, Harley was very angered by this. In five years of training with Harley I never felt unsafe or in danger of suffering a career threatening injury much like I have here.

I have also witnessed Coach DeMott try to rip a t-shirt off Alexander Rusev, shortly after he had neck surgery.

He has on numerous occasions called Oliver Grey (Joel Pettyfer) Pedophile, smacked Enzo Amore (Eric Arndt) in the mouth. He has also told Enzo to kill himself on atleast one occassion that I heard with my own ears. Morale amongst us, is constantly low and is only getting worse. However on the flip side Steve Keirn, Ricky Steamboat, Terry Taylor and Billy Gunn have all been positive influences since joining this company.

The reason I haven’t said anything until now, is fear of either losing my job or how Coach DeMott will treat me moving forward. As he already treats me and some others very badly. I decided to go ahead and write as I feel now, nothing will change if I don’t speak up. And I hope I can count on your discretion on this matter.

Thank You,
    Ryan Collins

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Jericho defend DeMott on Twitter last night, saying Jericho's training in the Hart Dungeon (which wasn't really the Dungeon anymore at that point) "was 1000x worse." That's the unfortunate mindset that permeates wrestling, that abuse is a good thing that toughens wrestlers up.

This will surely turn into some kind of debate about not being allowed to be tough on the wrestlers, but that's not what I'm arguing against. Working guys hard, pushing them, yelling at them when they fuck up is all good. Putting them in dangerous situations that could injure them, using homophobic and racial slurs, and physically assaulting them isn't right, and it isn't good training.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The kids should count themselves lucky Hardcore Holy's not training them, he'd be far worse than Humorris.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems like these things always become cyclical, that so many people are so abused they can't stand the idea of it not happening to someone else, or of acknowledging that what happened to them was not ok. I don't think Jericho was ever in the dungeon with Stu Hart, but in his book Bret says quite flatly that Stu was abusive to him and to many others he could get his hands on, and that's just some guy in his basement rather than an institution closing ranks as they always, always do.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    I saw Jericho defend DeMott on Twitter last night, saying Jericho's training in the Hart Dungeon (which wasn't really the Dungeon anymore at that point) "was 1000x worse." That's the unfortunate mindset that permeates wrestling, that abuse is a good thing that toughens wrestlers up.

This will surely turn into some kind of debate about not being allowed to be tough on the wrestlers, but that's not what I'm arguing against. Working guys hard, pushing them, yelling at them when they fuck up is all good. Putting them in dangerous situations that could injure them, using homophobic and racial slurs, and physically assaulting them isn't right, and it isn't good training.
    I don't even have a problem with the slurs... even though they're degrrading. . I think the issue is what DeMott does when he _KNOWS_ someone is suffering an injury. We've seen story after story about his doing that particularly to injured people. That's where DeMott crosses the line, that I don't think I've heard about anyone else doing, not even some of the tougher trainers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slurs are a problem because he's a grown man who should be able to avoid calling someone a fag at work, if only for PR purposes if he can't be a decent human being or something, but yes, the picking on the injured is actually quite sinister. You can always use "oh it's just the banter" for slurs and insults but how the fuck does WWE justify keeping a guy around who hurts people who are hurt already? Why would you do that?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the virtue of calling someone a faggot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike, the only reason I don't have a problem with the slurs, is that these guys are going to hear those type of comments at live events. So they've got to be able to _hopefully_ turn them off in their head/ignore them.

the assaults on injured wrestlers though... That's just beyond being a trainer, that's BD being a bastard who was never a top star and he's going to hurt as many people as he can while he can.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why can't someone say the word 'ass'

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've actually sat through a Bill DeMott training session, a few in fact, and I've never seen the behavior that people say about him. Now, I can't speak for how he trains at the Performance Center, but when he trained people in DSW, he was tough, in your face, and pushed the wrestlers, but it never came across as a bully, just as a drill instructor type thing. Kevin Matthews was someone who complained about everything, and didn't think he had to work hard to be a star, which is why I roll my eyes every time he complains about Bill DeMott and him being a bully.

I don't know these other guys, because they were never here in Deep South, but the people I knew that trained under him, loved him, and they were genuinely upset when he was released the first time around, because they liked him and his training style.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSaintFan View Post
    Mike, the only reason I don't have a problem with the slurs, is that these guys are going to hear those type of comments at live events. So they've got to be able to _hopefully_ turn them off in their head/ignore them.

the assaults on injured wrestlers though... That's just beyond being a trainer, that's BD being a bastard who was never a top star and he's going to hurt as many people as he can while he can.
    Hearing it from hicks in the stands isn't the same as hearing it from your superiors at work. And should Kofi Kingston have to turn off hearing racial slurs from people?

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, I think this has all been blown out of proportion though never really seen Tough Enough but Nobody's giving a first-hand account of him. WWE claim they've investigated and are taking no further action.

Probably someone making up lies because they couldn't handle it. Rookies have it way easier these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just as a drill instructor type thing.
    Nobody... I'll be honest, IMO, if DeMott is putting his hands on the trainees, he's NOT showing a "drill instructor mentality" (instructor, mentality maybe, but not DI mentality). If he's having people (again, and I can only go by the last bit of news, so that's debatable as we've heard people talk about Matthews' complaining before, but the Austin letter should be disconcerting at a minimum.) having trainees being dropped in an improper manner intnetionally that's not even an "instructor" mentality.
    Last edited by DaSaintFan; March 4th, 2015 at 1:37 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    To be honest, I think this has all been blown out of proportion though never really seen Tough Enough but Nobody's giving a first-hand account of him. WWE claim they've investigated and are taking no further action.

Probably someone making up lies because they couldn't handle it. Rookies have it way easier these days.
    Why would you believe WWE?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, I hate to say it, but aside from the health risks, I don't have a huge problem with any of the accusations. Just sounds like he's a jackass, but I'm not sure it's worth firing people over. Maybe that comes from my kitchen background, and coming from a harsh, but usually playful work environment.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DaSaintFan, like I said, I can't speak for how things are done at the Performance Center. I just know how they were done in DSW. What I witnessed was drill instructor like, not bully. And even more so, once training was over, it was over. It's like he could turn it off and on, so there was Coach DeMott, and there was Bill. So he actually was very friendly with everyone outside of the ring, but when they got into the ring, he was all business.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some methods have changed over the years because what might've been "ok" back in the day shouldn't have been. Calling someone a racial or homophobic slur, I don't care if it was in 1965, 1989, 2001, 2015, that's not something to just be cool with. Trying to further injure someone, that's not something to just be cool with.

With that said, I'm not really talking about the claims against Hugh Morrus, just making a general statement. If I run on assumptions, my assumption is that it wouldn't surprise me if some of this stuff was in fact true. While someone might not have an issue with being called certain names others do. I was crucified for using the word "LIFESTYLE" when talking about Darren Young, meaning no malice by it, just imagine had I called him something actually offensive.....

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would you believe WWE?
    With the nature of the allegations coming across, they can't really afgord to lie especially if it gets unearthed later on.

Probably just my mentality, but I feel society is way too eager to sue, cry wolf, claim compensation and exaggerate to get what they feel they're entitled to. There could be something to these claims possibly but taking these claims with a bucket of salt at the moment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabaschritar View Post
    You know, I hate to say it, but aside from the health risks, I don't have a huge problem with any of the accusations. Just sounds like he's a jackass, but I'm not sure it's worth firing people over. Maybe that comes from my kitchen background, and coming from a harsh, but usually playful work environment.
    You don't sound like you hate to say it. And health risks seems like a pretty big issue to place 'aside'. Imagine your employer sees you have a cut on your hand so thinks it's funny to pour salt on it.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's never been a happy medium in any workplace I've been in. It's either you cut yourself and they tell you to put a plaster on it or at my current work where you could get disciplined for not holding the handrail, even if it's just a few steps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't sound like you hate to say it. And health risks seems like a pretty big issue to place 'aside'. Imagine your employer sees you have a cut on your hand so thinks it's funny to pour salt on it.
    The accusations of putting people's health at risk is beyond irresponsible, worth firing at least, and maybe a couple of lawsuits. I just didn't think it was worth bringing up because I thought it was a shared opinion, more or less.

And while I may not think much of the more emotionally abusive allegations, that doesn't mean that I'm not conflicted about it. Sure, I'd love it if people were positive and supporting all the time, but in life, sometimes you deal with major assholes, and you deal with getting offended. And I'm just of the opinion that if I have a choice, I'd rather just ignore the verbal bullshit than try and get him to change. That's part of my fatalist attitude towards people, I guess. I don't think you can change a guy that doesn't want to be changed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hugh Morris is probably stinging from the fact that he couldn't stop Goldberg's streak at 1.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabaschritar View Post
    The accusations of putting people's health at risk is beyond irresponsible, worth firing at least, and maybe a couple of lawsuits. I just didn't think it was worth bringing up because I thought it was a shared opinion, more or less.

And while I may not think much of the more emotionally abusive allegations, that doesn't mean that I'm not conflicted about it. Sure, I'd love it if people were positive and supporting all the time, but in life, sometimes you deal with major assholes, and you deal with getting offended. And I'm just of the opinion that if I have a choice, I'd rather just ignore the verbal bullshit than try and get him to change. That's part of my fatalist attitude towards people, I guess. I don't think you can change a guy that doesn't want to be changed.
    Fair enough. I can definitely understand a fatalistic attitude. And yeah, I suppose the issue of putting people's health at risk kind of goes without saying.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stuff like this is why I'd take Rhyno over DeMott as head trainer down there any day. He's helped train a number of talents. And he doesn't have a reputation as a dick. I'd say he's qualified enough.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wouldn't someone have done something by now? Like one of the other trainers? They must witness this stuff going down if it did happen. Wouldn't they pull him aside and say "Bill, wtf?"

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has Rhyno ever been a trainer? The thing that makes sense to me would be if they just hired someone who already ran a successful wrestling school.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Has Rhyno ever been a trainer? The thing that makes sense to me would be if they just hired someone who already ran a successful wrestling school.
    Rhyno, Dudleys, and Booker T would make great trainers

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most wrestling schools sound like gigantic scams. WWE had a good thing going with OVW and I'm not totally sure why they dumped them. Post OVW their developmental program produced nothing until Triple H took over talent and reformed the operation.

OVW produced Cena, Lesnar, Orton, and Batista. And then there's a massive blackhole where they didn't develop any new stars until...Sheamus? And now Reigns and Wyatt. I don't really count Ambrose and Rollins because they had so much experience on the independents before getting signed.

My feeling is that the performance center is great, but that guys also need to learn to work different places and different styles. I wish WWE would develop some working agreements so that they could send prospects to Mexico, Japan, Puerto Rico, Europe as part of their development. There's a huge world of wrestling beyond WWE that it would be beneficial if they got to experience.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't Ziggler from their developmental? Ryback? Rusev?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ziggler was an OVW guy (which was their developmental program at the time). Ryback was in developmental for a long time, bridging from OVW to FCW. Rusev appears to be a rare FCW success story.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ziggler was from OVW, if memory serves me. Ryback got his start in DSW, was released, then brought back down in FCW, and Rusev is a product of the Performance Center.

OVW definitely had a superior track record when it was between OVW and DSW, but truth is, OVW got the #1 draft picks, where as DSW almost seem to get the rest of the signees or the people who had very little experience, as in Khali. The most notable standouts from DSW were guys like Kofi Kingston, Angelina Love, Mike Knox, Luke Gallows, Jack Swagger, and Konner. You could throw in guys like Ezekiel Jackson, Tyson Kidd, and Natalya Neidhardt, but they came in right at the end of DSW, before WWE broke their affiliation with them and moved them to Florida.

The big difference I saw with OVW and DSW was that OVW worked on character, where as DSW worked on wrestling. Even being a huge fan of DSW, to me, the Performance Center destroys all other affiliates, simply because they work on all the skills to be a professional wrestler, not just the wrestling aspect of it.
    Last edited by Mr_Nobody; March 4th, 2015 at 3:25 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ziggler was an OVW guy (which was their developmental program at the time). Ryback was in developmental for a long time, bridging from OVW to FCW. Rusev appears to be a rare FCW success story.
    Ziggler actually went back down to FCW after the Spirit Squad stuff. You might be surprised who's considered FCW alumni:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida...ing#FCW_alumni

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by donaldpleasance7 View Post
    Rhyno, Dudleys, and Booker T would make great trainers
    What makes you say this? Just curious because I feel wrestling is like other sports when it comes to coaches. just because you were good at something doesn't mean you can teach it to others to do it well.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Dudleys and Booker T at least have wrestling schools. I don't if Rhyno has any training experience, though.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    What makes you say this? Just curious because I feel wrestling is like other sports when it comes to coaches. just because you were good at something doesn't mean you can teach it to others to do it well.
    True. While I think just from going off what I've heard others say about the positives of Booker's school and Team 3D Academy that at least those guys would be good, I agree with what you're saying. I mean look at Bill DeMott or Tom Pritchard, long time trainers yet weren't really anything special to watch and didn't have huge runs in their career. Certain wrestlers offer different positives. Would I want to train with Hulk Hogan to elevate my in-ring ability to the leve of a Daniel Bryan? Probably not, but there are other factors that go into being succesful that I would for sure pick his brain about.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Someone going by "divajanedoe" just posted this at r/SquaredCircle and their account was verified by the mod team:

First, please understand that it is of the utmost importance that I maintain my anonymity, and hopefully by the end of this you will understand why. I have told some of my story to a reporter, but it seems that unfortunately they were yet another outlet who has been told not to touch this story. Please bear with me as I've never used reddit before.

To be honest, I’m not really sure where to start. In developmental, Bill scared us so much that it made us ashamed and scared to speak up about anything. The abusive environment was so hard to operate within, but that fear is very hard to leave behind. The few people who have come forward have alluded to some of what I want to talk about, but understand that this is a harder story to tell.

The former divas who have spoken out against the instances of sexual harassment have been punished, up to and including being fired in a demonstration of the power Bill has. When our only female advocate in talent relations tried to speak up, she was removed from the position and sent to work in the office. Now that the conversation has been restarted, it’s been made known that she is no longer with the company. At any level, women who speak up for themselves are disposable. When rumors about their departures make it out, they’re immediately buried and become yesterday’s news, but believe me - it’s true.

One such instance that has been mentioned by Judas Devlin (Austin Matelson) is the complaint of harassment against Matt Wichlinkski, the current Strength and Conditioning coach. I have attached screencaps of one such photo that he posted alongside his WWE contract. When he was caught filming/taking photos of talent’s backsides, it was brought to their attention. Some of the male talent attempted to stick up for the developmental divas and help catch him in the act (again, the fear instilled into us made it very hard to say anything), but when it was presented to Bill it was made very clear that he was not going anywhere, and any further complaints would result in dismissal because there a million girls ready to step in and take our place. In all instances of complaining about sexual harassment (including those outside of this incident), women have been forced out of the company. After one of the talents’ dismissal, when we couldn’t figure out where she went, we were told “if you go over my head, ask HER how well that works.”

This isn’t to specifically go after Wichlinski, but rather to make sure that people understand that Bill DeMott is a problem, and everything else trickles down from there. It’s been made very clear, from the removal Rob McIntyre and to the firing of at least two divas (I won’t name names as theirs is their own story to tell, but if you’ve paid attention to rumors it’s very easy to put two and two together) to numerous male talents, some of whom will not come forward, that if you use your voice against Bill you will be removed. The day after Rob told all of us in a group setting that if we had any concerns about Bill we should call the office, he was fired.

The fact is that anyone who has spoken out, including myself, are only exposing what is the tip of the iceberg. Bill has been guilty of gay-shaming, physical, mental, and racial abuse for far too long, and something needs to come to light. The stories coming out are heartbreaking, but what’s worse is that we all knew about them. Bill would openly mock Judas during training sessions for writing and going above his head, and would encourage other “chosen” talent to do so as well. His patterns of abuse are well established, and I can only hope that more can come forward so people see that this isn’t just a vendetta from “bitter” wrestlers. Bill DeMott is a monster, and we need to start asking why he’s being protected when the evidence has been piling up against him for so long.
    Thank you for taking the time to listen to my story. Again, I can only hope this inspires more people to come forward. Hopefully I can provide more information in the future.
    Here are the screencaps that accompanied the post. The last one is probably the most damning for the strength and conditioning coach. Spoilered for size.

WWE might want to do something about this shit because I don't see it going away.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Bill DeMott
    I deny the recent allegations made about me, however, to avoid any embarrassment or damage to the WWE, I've decided to step down from my role effective immediately.
    Woah.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Screams like guilty as sin to me. Perhaps there ws smoke with the fire.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    You don't say.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    You don't say.
    Aye, sorry for the "Captain Obvious" post. Was just saying because I kicked up a fuss earlier that this was blown out of proportion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Reddit post I posted on the last page came from just two hours ago.

I'm sure even more people will come forward now that Mr. Morrus has been shit-canned.
    Last edited by Beer-Belly; March 6th, 2015 at 3:41 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Ivelisse also tweeted:

Huntress
    ‏@RealIvelisse
    If ya'll only knew MY story... You know who I'm talking about. I lost everything for speaking up.. I was the first. The warning to others.
    Colt

Colt Cabana ‏@ColtCabana 3m3 minutes ago
    Congrats to so many.
    Finally one for the good guys.
    Last edited by Ringo; March 6th, 2015 at 3:40 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Damn. A shit storm is a brewin'.

Doesn't Triple H have live feed of the Performance Center in his office? No way he wasn't privy to DeMott's bullshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Screams like guilty as sin to me. Perhaps there ws smoke with the fire.
    Agreed.. you don't bail unless there's some truth behind the stories...

Doesn't Triple H have live feed of the Performance Center in his office? No way he wasn't privy to DeMott's bullshit.
    I wouldn't think that every area in the Performance Center is recorded... Although let's see if he or Vince speaks up any about this mess any time soon, honestly and not in any sort of double-speak bs.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes me fee bad because I was sticking up for him earlier. Too strong to ignore now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    @SuperkickYaFace:
    2015-03-04 19:50:01 UTC
    @TheBobHolly You might not want 2 answer, but I'll ask anyway. What do you think about the Bill DeMott/NXT controversy?
    @TheBobHolly:
    2015-03-04 20:44:58 UTC
    @SuperkickYaFace I did a wrestling seminar a month ago and 2 former NXT students were there and said a few things that were the exact same
    Even Bob Holly thinks DeMott is a piece of shit.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good riddance to him, it sounds like he was a right cunt.

I don't expect Triple H or Vince to do anything remarkable. There are probably lots of people who knew about what was going on and obviously some who were actively diverting attention from it and silencing those who spoke up.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed Chris. Now that Bill's resigned (or shit-canned), this will be swept under the rug.

It's like Jimmy Savilke to a lesser extent obviously.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Who's to say they don't just hire him back later? If I remember correctly, he got canned from Deep South Wrestling and they ended up hiring him back.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suppose anything can happen in the DUBYA DUBYA F! After all, Vince got his jollies with Sable despite the sexual harassment claims.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Stepping down from my position"

Fuck you Bill. Go get a new line of work. I would recommend becoming a training dummy at a woman's self defense class you stupid fucking ass.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa. Couldn't be more relieved hearing this news. I can only imagine a giant sigh of relief from the trainees backstage. Wonderful, wonderful news. And him stepping down is a high sign of things starting to boil over onto his lap. Good friggin' riddance.

Bill's gone. He's finally gone.

Guy was a never-was, and the legacy he left for himself was being an absolute cunt. Serves him.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Apparently on the Observer radio show they said that Matt Bloom will take over as head trainer while DeMott is being given an office job.

Jesus Christ, how is he still employed?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    Apparently on the Observer radio show they said that Matt Bloom will take over as head trainer while DeMott is being given an office job.

I don't know. I wonder wHHHo runs developmental, talent relations, is on the board of directors and has a history of enabling and protecting the abusers in NXT... It's a real conundrum, it'd take a real Hunter to get to the bottom of this mystery...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well, that person is playing the game like a retard then. The goal is to become the owner of the biggest wrestling promotion in the world, not jeopardize your career by trying to save the job of an insufferable never-was.

DeMott must have some incredible dirt on the bastards.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Demott is a pretty big Johnny Ace guy from WCW. Why triple H has any loyalty to him, I don't know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This just seems to be how institutions work. How did Rolf Harris and Jimmy Saville keep their jobs? Someone was loyal to someone who was loyal to someone who was loyal to keeping anyone in any position of power from looking bad.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post

Well way to go Albert. He always comes across as a pretty cool guy. Not the uptight, goon that DeMott always struck me as.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hey, it made The Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...sive-behavior/

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Sometimes I think that somebody in charge told DeMott to act like an absolute cunt to the rookies since that is pretty much how all old-timers were brought up in the business. You know, so those young 'uns learn the business the right way and doesn't become pampered wimps.. Probably not, just a though.

This face runs the place
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    Sometimes I think that somebody in charge told DeMott to act like an absolute cunt to the rookies since that is pretty much how all old-timers were brought up in the business. You know, so those young 'uns learn the business the right way and doesn't become pampered wimps.. Probably not, just a though.
    Its a plausible thought to be honest.....maybe not the smartest way to do it but I wouldn't be surprised if parts of that were true.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's anything like that, then realistically somebody may have told him, "Hey, don't let anybody slack off." I seriously doubt he was told to be that way rather than him just being a jerk to begin w/.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Someone, presumably Rhaka Khan, has more to say about Bill and also some to say about Tommy Dreamer.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircl...l_on_earth_my/

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Here's what Demott is up to these days

Vertical video ffs

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The stupid intro and outro were longer than the shitbag talking.

I like Steve though.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Bill becomes obese and regretful.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's half way there already.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany