User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Concerts you've been to....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I'm doing the Brighton show, mainly because I'm seeing Patton Oswalt when they play Camden Assembly. I mised them supporting Los Campesinos! at KOKO, and they're February shows clashed with a wedding. My mates have been on about them for what seems like forever, and I like what I've heard.

Good to hear that Arcade Fire are still amazing live. They're by far my favourite band ever, and I was so overjoyed to see them in London. I'm hoping they play in the round, but York Hall will be one of the smallest places I've seen them so even end stage will be great.

Royal Blood were pretty decent this afternoon, though they haven't left me rushing out to get tickets for their November tour.
    Nice. I'm going to get ones for Camden I think. 400 capacity venue and only for a tenner too.

What's Kingston Hippodrome like as a venue? That's not too far from me, but Banquet Records seem to constantly put on incredible shows both there and at The Fighting Cocks.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not the best venue, as there's all sorts of things that block sight lines. If you get there early enough you can get a decent position on the floor, but if it was a sold out show then there could be spaces with a poor view. The sound's pretty decent, never had a problem with that there. Given that the Banquet shows always seem to be cheaper than bands main tours it's definitely worth the money. Fighting Cocks is lovely little venue, feels a little bit smaller than The Lexington though it can get hot in there.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    It's not the best venue, as there's all sorts of things that block sight lines. If you get there early enough you can get a decent position on the floor, but if it was a sold out show then there could be spaces with a poor view. The sound's pretty decent, never had a problem with that there. Given that the Banquet shows always seem to be cheaper than bands main tours it's definitely worth the money. Fighting Cocks is lovely little venue, feels a little bit smaller than The Lexington though it can get hot in there.
    Ah good to know. I want to go that smaller venue in Kingston, there's a gig coming up with 'Ghouls' this Friday. Very tempted.

Off to see Nick Mulvey tonight at Village Underground. Been a while since I saw him, but always a good show. Nice to break up the heavy stuff every now and then.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Yeah I have fears about the Ronson produced QOTSA album as well. The last album was good but definitely not radio friendly. I hope this isn't an attempt to score a big hit single by throwing the core sound out the window.
    the lead single still has a QOTSA sound, and i do not dislike it at all. it is a little different. but they have also gone different ways for songs before, so it's not a huge 'wtf' for me

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just always worry about shit when name brand top 40 producers get called in to work with bands that have worked hard to create a unique sound.

Hopefully it's just a way to keep things fresh.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    while i want timbaland to work with everyone

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not had too many recently. Been to see Pup back in July in Trafalgar Square, saw Foals and Bonobo at Citadel Festival too, but last night I saw Interpol at Alexandra Palace.

They played the entirety of "Turn On The Bright Lights", and then ended with Evil, Heinreich Manouvre and Rosemary with a few others. So good.

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Saw Bob Dylan for the first time tonight. Wanted to cross him off my bucket list. Had great floor seats, like 15 rows back.

Oof.

I've heard he wasn't great live, a guy at work told him he saw him in the 80s and he sucked back then and told me not to bother going, but I was like, "Oh, come on, it's Bob Dylan, I've gotta go."

Wouldn't recommend.

Mavis Staples opened and she was fantastic, though. Her pipes are like thunder at the age of 78. I wish I saw another two hours of her.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recently saw Slotface in Camden, which was OK. Then saw Slothrust and Manchester Orchestra at Shepherds Bush, which was incredible.

Upcoming gigs;

Pissed Jeans
    Pup
    Menzingers
    The Hotelier
    Cloud Nothings
    DFA1979
    ATDI!
    Metz

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Pup/Menzingers going to the glasgow date of this tour canny wait.

Going to Hell is for Heroes in Bristol.

Saw the Magic Band for probably the last ever time on Sunday as well. I'd highly recommend catching them on one of their remaining dates if you can.

https://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/the-magic-band
    TAPS AFF!

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over the summer, back in July actually, I hit up Warped Tour. Caught a pretty good variety of great/good bands.

- Barbed Wire Dolls were a female-fronted, mostly female membered (except the bass player), alt-rock outfit that aren't huge now. But they're going to fucking blow up soon. Mark my words. They played a pretty kickass combination of punk rock "riotgrrrl" stuff with a hard edge of a band like Halestorm. Their biggest song right now is called "Back In The U.S.S.A.". They did a lot of great audience interaction stuff. Their hot as fire lead singer even rode some security dude piggyback-style to get closer to the front row audience.

- Bad Cop/Bad Cop are an all-woman punk band that's incredibly reminiscent of a band like Joan Jett And The Blackhearts or The Runaways. All really fast, really simple punk stuff. They jammed about 12 songs into their 20 minute set. Not a band I'd have bothered with regularly, but seeing them at Warped Tour was the way to go.

- Big D And The Kids Table Were one of the bands my concert buddy dragged me to. They were white guys playing reggae/ska music. I don't smoke weed, but if I did, I'd probably love these guys.

- I, Prevail Were your typical modern-day metalcore act. As far as early-afternoon acts went, they had a Hell of a crowd. I don't want to sound like an old dude, but all the kids seemed to love these guys. Huge moshpits abound. They were fun enough.

- Street Dogs Were another band my concert buddy dragged me to. They were an Irish punk band. As a matter of fact, they're the new band of former Dropkick Murphy's lead singer. These guys put on an amazing show. There must not have been a ton of hype for these guys, because the stage they were on was tiny and there had to have only been 20 people there. The lead dude, at the end of the set, crowd surfed all the way from the stage to his merch booth about twenty feet away. We carried him over, like Moses parting the Red Seas. It was pretty incredible.

- Alestorm PIRATE METAL. Of all the bands we caught at Warped this year, these guys were by far my biggest surprise. They're a gimmick band, sure. But their combination of punk rock and sea shanties is just super fucking fun. I wanted rum when their set was over. Now walk the plank, 'ye land lubbers.

- Hatebreed Just pure, unhinged intensity. Its kind of a shame these guys went on so late in the day. Because by the time they kicked off, I was pretty dead. These fuckers know how to put on a loud, intense, and angry fucking show. Just fun, old-school hardcore. They had a damn circle pit as big as a NASCAR race track by the end of things. Killer shit.

- GWAR - They're fucking GWAR. What else do you need to know? They kicked ass. They're the Troma of music. Big, boisterous and hilariously in bad taste. These guys are always fun. Their classics sounded great and their new stuff is awesome live, too. They ended things with a cover of AC/DC's "If You Want Blood..." and blasted every fucker in the first ten rows with a jet stream of caro syrup blood.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off to The Hotelier & Cloud Nothings tonight. Going to be so good. Two incredible bands.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mozambique
    I am currently in the bathroom of the observatory in SD taking a dunkirkian dump while my wife is enjoying Lights.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    I'm going to see Rex Orange County this weekend in Dublin.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Possibly going to go see Noel Gallagher if I can get decent enough seats. Thinking about doing that enhanced experience stuff but I don't think you get to me him. Which is a bit crazy considering the price of the fucking tickets.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was lucky to see Oasis at MSG, I believe it was in 2005. The whole crowd sang Don't Look Back in Anger and Wonderwall, don't even recall the Gallaghers singing at all during those two songs

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mozambique
    Seeing Eternal Champion and Sumerlands this Saturday in LA. SO STOKED.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Radiohead tickets go on sale in 3 days.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mozambique
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    Seeing Eternal Champion and Sumerlands this Saturday in LA. SO STOKED.
    Sumerlands was awesome. For most of Eternal Champion's set, I thought there was a certain something that was missing. Like an extra "it" factor that I was expecting, and prior to their last song, I felt a little underwhelmed. Then they closed with "I am the hammer" and some type of switch flipped and that one song was fucking phenomenal. Overall, I enjoyed sumerlands' set more, but when EC played their last song, it was absolutely incredible. If anyone here is into any of Manowar/Dio/Ozzy/etc. I recommend both bands. Singer of Eternal Champion used to sing for Iron Age, who released one of the best metal albums of the 2000's imo ("The Sleeping Eye").

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend, his girlfriend and I are big fans of Devin Townsend. We went to one of his gigs in London once and I shook his hand when he went to slap hands with the audience but he chickened out. However when Gene Hogan threw one of his drumsticks out to the audience, he managed to stamp on it when it fell to the floor and claimed it amongst a scramble which was quite impressive.

We went to another bar afterwards where the after party was being held and we asked the barman where it was being held. He gave us directions to the room here we unknowingly walked into the band's green room for after the gig drinking tins of lager. The dancers from the show walked in asking where the after party was and my friend said "You're looking at it." When one of the band members walked in (who's about 6 foot 7 tall) asked what was going on, we crapped ourselves, said our sorries and gotthe hell out of there.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Badgers funny story.

First, you get the sugar darkhorse's Avatar
    then you get the power, then you get the women
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Exodus & Municipal Waste last night. As much as I wanted to go to the Honda Center for Raw, I'm glad I picked this show instead. Both bands delivered killer sets, and surprisingly this crowd was much crazier than the one at the Anthrax show a couple weeks ago.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 16 year old has been a huge fan of Underoath for about 6-7 years now. They are going back out on the road and are hitting up Des Moines in May so I think we're going to check them out. My son is lucky as fuck. His top 3 bands are Local H, Underoath, and Deftones. With this show he will have them all in the last 3 years. Plus he's been to Marilyn Manson and Judas Priest within the last 2 years as well. On top of all that, he got to meet Shinsuke Nakamura when NXT was in town 2 years ago.

I can't imagine being his age and the bands/artists I was into, being able to see them so close together. Like my favorites, not just the mid tier favorites, but if I were to see Deftones, Outkast, Nirvana, Wu-Tang, Esham, and a few others all within a couple years of each other that would have been insane.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Going to get Rolling Stones tickets for their show in June. Thinking someone might die soon so best to see them once before they croak.

Got Phoenix and Arctic Monkeys coming up.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I saw the Stones back in '97...yeah I'd go see them soon cause it's only a matter of time before they're done.

I'd love to see Arctic Monkeys. Phoenix I only know two songs unfortunately.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Arctic Monkeys and Interpol supporting. I might die of happiness that day.

Have a wee watch of this to get some more Phoenix in your life. They are bloody great.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    My 16 year old has been a huge fan of Underoath for about 6-7 years now. They are going back out on the road and are hitting up Des Moines in May so I think we're going to check them out. My son is lucky as fuck. His top 3 bands are Local H, Underoath, and Deftones. With this show he will have them all in the last 3 years. Plus he's been to Marilyn Manson and Judas Priest within the last 2 years as well. On top of all that, he got to meet Shinsuke Nakamura when NXT was in town 2 years ago.

I can't imagine being his age and the bands/artists I was into, being able to see them so close together. Like my favorites, not just the mid tier favorites, but if I were to see Deftones, Outkast, Nirvana, Wu-Tang, Esham, and a few others all within a couple years of each other that would have been insane.
    It's super cool that yer son likes Local H.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    It's super cool that yer son likes Local H.
    Shocked me to be honest. They're not a super popular band from that era and I honestly don't remember what turned him on to them. Maybe Spotify because he doesn't listen to rock radio. We went to a local metal show and there was a flier for Local H doing that debut album in it's entirety. My brother wound up taking my son and I guess they sounded just like they did 20+ years ago.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bound For The Floor got a lot of airplay here in SoCal.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    Badgers funny story.
    They didn't get the power pack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 32 and have only been to my first concert a few years ago. I saw George Strait, the King of Country, in Newark, NJ for my first concert. It was actually really good.
    I saw Journey, the Doobie Brothers, & Dave Mason at another concert. And then I saw Neil Diamond, Nick Jonas, and Mariah Carey perform at times square while I was working lol... That's it.

Mess with the bulls....and get the horn!

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Would be cool to see the Doobie Brothers. I've seen many, many concerts, and I've forgotten most of them sadly.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm going to see ICP, Lyte, Ouija Macc, and Cage on the 6th of next month in Columbus, Ohio. Attila is also on the tour lol

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    Bound For The Floor got a lot of airplay here in SoCal.
    Oh yeah but if you compare them to a lot of bands in the 90's they didn't reach that big big level. To this day I hear Bound For The Floor on rock radio. That album As Good As Dead should have been much bigger. Had they been able to get some more play about High Fiving MF that would have been dope.

Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    I'm going to see ICP, Lyte, Ouija Macc, and Cage on the 6th of next month in Columbus, Ohio. Attila is also on the tour lol
    I need to find a way to get to one of these shows. Simply to see ICP and Cage. I just find that such a weird thing considering Cage was anti-ICP/Twiztid/etc. for many years. But the same thing could be said about RA the Rugged Man and he was on a couple big tours with the Clowns.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What's the worst concert you've been to. Probably Pink or Busta Rhymes wtf

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Badly Drawn Boy.

Let me clarify that I have seen him and he has been absolutely brilliant but on these two other occasions he was dreadful.

1 - Edinburgh Usher Hall was the venue, he came on 30 -60 mins late. Picked up his guitar and then just continually talked about how much he hated his music and how stupid we all were for being there to listen to it. Didnt play a note and fucked off after 10 mins. No refund on ticket.
    2 - Connect Festival - Came on stage and plugged his iPod in and played Fall songs off it for 30 mins. Didnt say a word and fucked off.

Special mention to Muse who i decided to go and see at TITP when Bowie cancelled his set (Darkness were the replacement headliner and there is no way I was watching them). Fuck me I dont think I have ever been so fucking bored in my life. Pretentious pile of pish.

RHCP as well but I just think they are complete shit.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can honestly say I've never been to a bad concert other than some local shows but that's sort of expected. Dude I saw Marcy's Playground a couple years back, a friend of mine opened for them, and they were tight in terms of sound. They're music was terrible but they played it well I just don't get into that crap.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Oh and Orson/Kaiser Chiefs.

We were at TITP and got our times mixed up, thought we were heading into the famous king tuts tent to see Damian Marley followed by the Ordinary Boys. However, we were a set early and stumbled into an acapella rendition of "Raindrops keep falling on my head". So we dived out the tent and took a seat to have a booze and then on the right ear there was a faint sound of "OWWWWWWWWWWW, OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW,WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW, OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAHHHHHHHH" and it was the fucking Kaiser Chiefs.

We only had to wait 20 mins for hell to finish so we just smashed every single drug and drink we could to see us through and even that didnt help. Damian Marley and Ordinary Boys made up for it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and ASAP Rocky was fucking shite as well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't say I've ever been to a bad concert (didn't really enjoy the day of Coachella I went to, but even then it was worth it to see Rage Against The Machine) but the worst band I've seen: Horse The Band

They were this Mathcore (I think that's the name of their subgenre?) group opening for Dragonforce & All That Remains. They sucked, but it was pretty hilarious to see them get booed. In fact, they're probably the only band I've ever seen get booed off the stage.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I've never been to a bad concert. Leaving a show covered in Faygo in the winter sucks. The heat at the GotJ sucks too.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mozambique
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    I wouldn't say I've ever been to a bad concert (didn't really enjoy the day of Coachella I went to, but even then it was worth it to see Rage Against The Machine) but the worst band I've seen: Horse The Band

They were this Mathcore (I think that's the name of their subgenre?) group opening for Dragonforce & All That Remains. They sucked, but it was pretty hilarious to see them get booed. In fact, they're probably the only band I've ever seen get booed off the stage.
    That is amazing to hear. They were super popular for a quick minute. Their accelerated hype got them on some pretty major tours (such as the one you mentioned) and I remember having friends thinking they were the future of music lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    That is amazing to hear. They were super popular for a quick minute. Their accelerated hype got them on some pretty major tours (such as the one you mentioned) and I remember having friends thinking they were the future of music lol.
    I remember some of the hype they got. I used to frequent a lot of music forums, including one for this band called From Autumn To Ashes. I remember liking the song they had on the Freddy vs. Jason soundtrack, so I checked out the rest of their album (overall it wasn't my cup of tea, but it had enough songs I liked to keep me interested.)

Anyway, there were some folks on that forum who pushed good bands like Lamb Of God, Hatebreed, and Shadows Fall, but mostly it was a bunch of fucking Emo hipsters pissed off because the band "changed their sound to become more accessible". One of the groups those folks did like was Horse The Band, which doesn't surprise me now that I look back on it.

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Glasvegas. I saw them because my girlfriend and her sister liked them and I'm always down for a show. It's the only one I ever wanted to walk out of. I can always find something to appreciate at a gig but they were the most dreadful act I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post

Special mention to Muse who i decided to go and see at TITP when Bowie cancelled his set (Darkness were the replacement headliner and there is no way I was watching them). Fuck me I dont think I have ever been so fucking bored in my life. Pretentious pile of pish.
    When did you see them? I saw them at MSG after Black Holes and Revelations came out and they were fucking incredible. One of the greatest concerts I've ever been to. Cold War Kids opened for them (for some reason) and were great too.

Haven't been to able to listen to them after that album, though. It's all become a pretentious pile of pish.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up watching Rudimental at Lovebox festival one year, and they were so bad. I hate them.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw At The Drive In! and Death From Above 1979 last night at Brixton Academy. What a line-up. Great show. Absolute chaos for ATDI.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Slayer last night. The lineup of supporting bands was by far the best I've ever seen (Lamb Of God, Anthrax, Behemoth, amd Testament), but even that did not compare to the greatness that is Slayer. By far, the greatest show I've ever been to (and one that will be nearly impossible to top.)

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm geeked. I got a free ticket to Dead & Company next Wednesday.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I just got home for seeing ICP, Ouija Macc, Waka Flocka, and Clownvis Presley. Ish was super cool. I don't really dig Waka much, but he won me over as a supporter though. Dude hopped off stage and was moshing while he was rapping. Clownvis is the shit too.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I went to Fury Fest on the 8th. Mac Lethal dropped off the tour for some reason. Kissing Candice and DJ Paul did too, so it was Ouija Macc, Mushroomhead, Rittz, and ICP. Then I went to Dead & Company on the 12th. It's crazy how good John Mayer is singing and playing Jerry's parts..

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    man i haven't updated this shit in forever

just saw Sleep with Big Business last week. dope as fuck.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    by the end f the year i would have seen

living end, alestorm, korpiklaani, slipknot/metallica, opeth, devildriver/all that remains

Ooh he's written it down.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw The Who at MSG a few weeks ago. They had an orchestra. Pretty decent set. Disappointed they did an acoustic version of "Won't Get Fooled Again" with just Daltrey and Townshend on guitar. I guess he can't do the scream any more? Still good though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This year so far;

Fucked Up - Islington, Garage
    Cloud Nothings - Hackney, Earth
    White Denim - Camden, Roundhouse
    PPC - Camden, Dingwalls
    Twilight Sad - Camden, Ballroom
    Gang - Brixton, Windmill
    Maribou State - Brixton, Academy
    Sumac - Camden, Underworld
    Yak - Tuffnell Park, The Dome
    Idles - Camden, Ballroom
    Pup - Islington, Garage
    Bears Den - Kingston, Church
    Frank Carter - Kingston, Pryzm

All Points East - London
    The Strokes, Interpol, Viagra Boys, Yak, The Nude Party

Primavera Festival - Barcelona
    Robyn, Interpol, Yaeji, Sophie, Primal Scream, Lizzo, James Blake, Tame Impala, Fucked Up, Nas, Maribou State, Richie Hawtin, Peggy Gou, AJ Tracey, Dam Funk, Krystal Klear, Christine & The Queens, Loyle Carner, Beak, Joy Orbison, Modeselektor, Kate Tempest

Upcoming;
    Foals/Yak
    ArcTanGent Festival
    Deafheaven/Touche Amore
    Less than Jake/Goldfinger
    Pup

Busy year again...
    Last edited by Clive Plasma; June 18th, 2019 at 1:11 PM.

The Rosk
    How are the beers going?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    How are the beers going?
    Still going. Not nearly as many or as frequently or as crafty. It's all got quite expensive over the last 6 months, and found after DryJan my enthusiasm for it all has subsided. Going to less beer events. Drinking more "craft" cider, natural wine, non-alcoholic beer and coffee. Broadening horizons and all that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I got to knock Dennis DeYoung off my list last year. He stopped in Muncie for a show at Emens Auditorium on September 20th. I took my mom and aunt with me. Dude put on an amazing show for being at a smaller audience and being 71. I aslo got to see and meet Dr. Ralph Stanley before he went home in 2016.
    Last edited by DVDA; May 25th, 2020 at 4:06 PM.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best concert I've ever seen LIVE was Foo Fighters with John Fogerty opening for them last year in Louisville, KY.

Two of my top favorite bands ever, jamming together.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some bands/artists I wish I had seen. I wish I was older at the time and had been able to see like Outkast during the first 2 albums or Nirvana and Alice in Chains in the early early 90's. I never saw them I'm just saying in general. Still haven't seen Foo Fighters or Sevendust, despite Sevendust being here like 100x. Would have been awesome to see Wu Tang in the 90's but seeing them at any time is still dope even if it's just 1 or 2. Still haven't seen GZA live.

The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo Fortyone View Post
    Right, gonna have a crack at remembering the more well known ones...

Well known in Australia
    - Jebediah (twice)
    - Something For Kate (3 times)
    - Sonic Animation & 1200 Techniques
    - The Avalanches (plus Dexter on a solo show 5 or 6 times)
    - John Butler (twice)
    - Evermore
    - Living End (at least 4 times, might be more)
    - Hilltop Hoods
    - Jet
    - Area 7
    - Grinspoon (twice)
    - The Grates
    - Hoodoo Gurus
    - Boom Crash Opera
    - ...plus a heap more than no one's probably heard of

Well known elsewhere as well
    - Metallica (twice)
    - Muse
    - Foo Fighters
    - U2
    - Jay-Z (supporting U2 but good enough to warrant a seperate mention)
    - Kaiser Chiefs
    - Eddie Vedder
    - Tool
    - The Killers (twice)
    - Blink 182
    - Dropkick Murphys (twice)
    - Reel Big Fish
    - Wolfmother
    - Lostprophets
    - The Darkness
    - Girl Talk
    - ...plus a bunch of others at festivals that I only hung around for one or two songs
    This post was seven years ago, fucken hell.

Since then most gigs I've been to have only had about fifty people there with a band with no profile at all so not worth mentioning here (plus I'd struggle to remember them all).

Higher profile gigs...
    - Hunters & Collectors. This was a bit of a pipe dream because they'd split in 1998 before I'd been able to see them live, but they reunited in 2014 so I was super keen to see them. Didn't disappoint, one of my favourite shows ever.
    - You Am I (three times, plus Tim Rogers in another show)
    - The Church
    - Dan Sultan
    - Something For Kate another two times
    - Jebedian again
    - Spiderbait

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've gone to more gigs in the past few years than I'd been to in my whole life up to then. God I miss them. So far in my life I've seen:

Supergrass
    Primal Scream
    The Libertines
    David Byrne
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Pixies
    The Proclaimers
    The Cure
    Tame Impala
    Martha Reeves & the Vandellas
    The Killers
    Chvrches
    Arctic Monkeys
    Interpol
    Radiohead
    Arcade Fire
    Belle & Sebastian
    Franz Ferdinand
    Mogwai
    Young Fathers
    The Stone Roses
    The Hives
    The Vaccines
    The Chemical Brothers
    Kasabian
    Blink 182
    The Strokes
    The View
    Teenage Fanclub
    The Prodigy
    Dizzee Rascal
    The Cribs
    Oasis
    Last edited by wardy; May 28th, 2020 at 1:33 AM.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    There are some bands/artists I wish I had seen. I wish I was older at the time and had been able to see like Outkast during the first 2 albums or Nirvana and Alice in Chains in the early early 90's. I never saw them I'm just saying in general. Still haven't seen Foo Fighters or Sevendust, despite Sevendust being here like 100x. Would have been awesome to see Wu Tang in the 90's but seeing them at any time is still dope even if it's just 1 or 2. Still haven't seen GZA live.
    Foo Fighters are a must. They put on a hell of a show.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Badger View Post
    Foo Fighters are a must. They put on a hell of a show.
    I've seen them live just never in person so it pisses me off seeing how awesome their shows can be and how long they perform is a plus. I have no idea how Dave Grohl is still going strong and he's what, 51-52 now? The rest of the band are no joke but Dave is just magnificent.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I saw Foo Fighters last year, but they were the last act on the last day of a festival. My feet and legs were aching beyond belief, holy hell I wish they had played a lot shorter than 2 and a half hours. Still was fun though!

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Foo Fighters last year, but they were the last act on the last day of a festival. My feet and legs were aching beyond belief, holy hell I wish they had played a lot shorter than 2 and a half hours. Still was fun though!
    What festival?

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Epicenter in NC. Got tickets for the sole purpose of seeing the Prodigy again, but Keith Flint died in March and they pulled all their tour dates. Was a bit bummed about that. Also, the second day of the festival was cancelled due to severe storms in the area. Still, got to see Korn, Rob Zombie, Foo Fighters, Machine Gun Kelly, and Killswitch Engage.

The Exit 111 festival I went to last October was much more enjoyable though, got to see ZZ Top, Guns N' Roses, Coheed and Cambria, among others.
    Last edited by Donald; May 27th, 2020 at 10:07 AM.

The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to work the bar at festivals, but otherwise hated going to them.

However a recent trend in Australia in the last decade have been festivals aimed at stooges like me (30yo+) where the tickets are more expensive but crowds are smaller, so you have room for a full picnic-type setup where you can post up with a group for the whole day. They're fucking great.