User Tag List

Page 41 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,100 of 7905

Thread: Mafia Games

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh, bugger. I didn't realize my presence would be needed before the start of the game and was out of town until today. Ah, well. Give 'em hell, Jordo.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Psycho soldier is back in for those who are paying attention

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game has officially started! I can't remember exactly what the rules are as far as discussing games on your own forums, so for the time being, I'll refrain from details. It'll be interesting seeing the different strategies across the different forums.

One thing I can share is that the site is pretty awesome. There are buttons and software functions for voting, a button to post updated vote counts to the thread, submitting night actions through the thread by clicking your target through a drop down menu, and all sorts of features like that. I wasn't expecting all that, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering it's a forum specifically catered to Mafia.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what are we, chopped liver?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will always be my Mafia home. It's not the same without you crafty bastards.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone!

As Psycho mentioned, the game has started: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/...a-Championship

I wish your representative the best of luck! Remember you can join us on Discord if you want to spectate them.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Game has officially started! I can't remember exactly what the rules are as far as discussing games on your own forums, so for the time being, I'll refrain from details. It'll be interesting seeing the different strategies across the different forums.

One thing I can share is that the site is pretty awesome. There are buttons and software functions for voting, a button to post updated vote counts to the thread, submitting night actions through the thread by clicking your target through a drop down menu, and all sorts of features like that. I wasn't expecting all that, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering it's a forum specifically catered to Mafia.
    I would recommend the mafia guys joining even just to see all the cool.features.

Really cool site

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Wow, just read up on the thread...that's other level stuff going on there

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've been hooked on The CW/Netflix's Riverdale. It's a darker, more mature take on the Archie comics with a whodunnit twist. Any interest in a Mafia game of it? There's potential for 15-20 roles. As it'd be my first time running a Mafia game I might look for some help on balancing the roles.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never heard of Riverdale so I can't say I'm interested in that theme in particular, but I definitely encourage you to give a go at running a game and could give you some pointers from my limited experience (Thrones is my 3rd game as a runner).

Edit: just realized that Riverdale is based on Archie comics. That could be a good one. I know you mentioned that but I missed it.
    Last edited by Fro; May 8th, 2017 at 6:13 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fro, come on:
    Quote Originally Posted by Newf View Post
    It's a darker, more mature take on the Archie comics with a whodunnit twist.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea lol, that was a reading comprehension struggle.

I think it's a good theme though I have never read Archie personally. 20 players would probably be pushing it. I could barely get 20 for Thrones. I would shoot for 15-16.

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Psycho have you brought the title home to Rajah yet?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    Psycho have you brought the title home to Rajah yet?
    Well, I just got lynched as town on D4. I don't want to talk about the game too much, but I busted my ass trying to prove my innocence and shift everyone on to who I think is the last scum. Bad voting record ultimately screwed me.

The good thing is that doesn't mean I'm out of the tournament, but I definitely don't think my play will get me directly to the finals. It's up to the judges to decide if I qualify for the wildcard semi-finals to have another shot going forward. That won't be until June(?) though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Yea lol, that was a reading comprehension struggle.

I think it's a good theme though I have never read Archie personally. 20 players would probably be pushing it. I could barely get 20 for Thrones. I would shoot for 15-16.
    Same, I'd never read Archie before either. I think the show works cuz it takes an IP that people are somewhat-to-very familiar with as a base but then flips it on its head with the murder mystery and darker take. It's got Luke Perry, Molly Ringwald, Skeet Ulrich and Mädchen Amick in it as some of the parents! All sorts of 90s references, so it can appeal to my generation (early 30s) but also late-teens I'd imagine (being on the CW first then Netflix next day.)

I just thing it has a good jumping point for a Mafia game and I've been enjoying watching it so there's potential for a fun story there.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    western_samoa
    Quote Originally Posted by Newf View Post
    So I've been hooked on The CW/Netflix's Riverdale. It's a darker, more mature take on the Archie comics with a whodunnit twist. Any interest in a Mafia game of it? There's potential for 15-20 roles. As it'd be my first time running a Mafia game I might look for some help on balancing the roles.
    Yeah

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, the game I played in the Mafia Championship games was one of the most baffling I've ever been in. I just could not pin down scum for the life of me, and the rest of the town was the same, despite all being pretty strong players. We were just focused on the wrong people. The person who ended up being the final scum was in fairly deep and almost no one, players and spectators alike, suspected him by the time we were looking for the third scum.

I came close to a lynch on D3 due to not being able to participate much on D1 and not committing to my lynches and reads because I was still catching up(dudes, these games have 850 posts in 48 hours for D1 alone.) I went super hard on D4 with some monster analysis that almost convinced everyone I was town, but I was focused on the wrong people, and I was ultimately lynched by the person I thought was the remaining scum. Who knows how it would have turned out if I didn't get lynched, but I probably wouldn't have suspected the person who won.

I had fun all around. I hope I make it into the semi's, but good or bad play, there are some people who had stronger play than I did, and were at least on scum lynches. If we're invited next year, I would definitely do it again if no one else wants to step-up.

That said, the post volume takes a good while to get used to. It's even more dedication than we're used to here. And the game I played was apparently less than the norm.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jesus christ I don't know how you were able to keep up with that post volume.

Way to make Rajah proud

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So who's up next for hosting a game?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to participate in one of these with a LOST theme.

Charles Whitmore, Ben Linus, Black Smoke are mafia and a few more... Town is pretty obvious... You could have neutrals, etc.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Badger View Post
    I'd love to participate in one of these with a LOST theme.

Charles Whitmore, Ben Linus, Black Smoke are mafia and a few more... Town is pretty obvious... You could have neutrals, etc.
    We had one of those, run by Knee back in 2013:

https://forums.rajah.com/showthread....fia-Production

Definitely an all-time theme for this game. Which is not to say we couldn't do it again. We actually had a Game of Thrones Mafia on here before mine, I think run by HFR, but his was focused on season 1 only.

I don't plan to run another game for a while but Breaking Bad would be one I'd consider. Although I'm not sure where Walter White would fit in that game. He would need to be scum, I think, but then who would be his fellow scum? He was kind of a one man mafia on that show.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I had planned the mega GoT (found it when I put up my short lived new spreadsheet)... Mine was placed a bit further back in time.

I want to do another but in stuck with a theme at the minute... See if I can find something. I like something I can really ruin with loads of bizarre roles that probably aren't balance

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...and it'd definately have a game ending jester role... Not a cop out on neither, where you keep going. Game. Ending.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    ...and it'd definately have a game ending jester role... Not a cop out on neither, where you keep going. Game. Ending.
    I love this, by the way. If I ever have a Jester or a Lyncher, the game is over when they win.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    idk I mean I respect it but if you tell people in advance that there's a jester then everyone will be hesitant to lynch and if not then you're liable to have the game end on day 2.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It should probably be reserved for a plain game to see how it goes, where the game runner isn't putting a ton of effort into anything with crazy roles, themes and write ups.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    idk I mean I respect it but if you tell people in advance that there's a jester then everyone will be hesitant to lynch and if not then you're liable to have the game end on day 2.
    Or I say it and never do it...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's everyone's view on the dishing out lots of vanilla roles as opposed to probable over-use of power roles?

I don't like giving anyone a vanilla role, I feel bad about it which is why when I do these games they're usually weird/unbalanced - is it more fun, even with vanilla roles, because it's finely balanced and thus 'fair'..? or is it more the actual story/theme/day interactions that people enjoy? ...or do people just like stuff to do during night phases and causing trouble?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand... go!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    What's everyone's view on the dishing out lots of vanilla roles as opposed to probable over-use of power roles?

I don't like giving anyone a vanilla role, I feel bad about it which is why when I do these games they're usually weird/unbalanced - is it more fun, even with vanilla roles, because it's finely balanced and thus 'fair'..? or is it more the actual story/theme/day interactions that people enjoy? ...or do people just like stuff to do during night phases and causing trouble?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand... go!
    Personally, I love the games with the screwy win conditions and mechanics. I think it makes things more interesting and exciting. And getting a vanilla role is pretty shitty as a player.

That said, if everyone has a role that gleans information, then that becomes way too town-heavy and only reason scum would win is because of a lucky shot or bad luck on town's part as far as who they target. In my opinion, try to fill out the vanilla roles with more unorthodox roles that won't tip the scales too much(Governor, Vote-Stealer, Masons), or take a power role and split it between EN/ON.

If you remember my TMNT game, though, be very careful with masons as that is two cleared townies. So you want there to be enough numbers to include them.

Though, after playing over at MU, an ALL vanilla game is actually pretty exciting. Strictly voting people based on reads and vote history really sharpens your logic.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    When I ran MGS, it had around 50% vanilla townies because it was my first game as mod and I wanted to keep it simple. I tried to make it positive by saying 'your vote is your weapon' but I could understand if people were cheesed off with not getting a power role.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    We have been spoiled by so many of our games having power roles so when you're vanilla it does feel a little unlucky. But there is definitely the risk, especially in bigger games, of over powered town.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I prefer vanilla games. My Clue games often included many or roles that were like one time room blocker.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X-Shot roles are great, too. Someone who can only use a role a limited amount of times in the game. That's kind of pointless for the main power/information roles, though.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I should be running a new Justice League game either this summer, or fall to be closer to the movie.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking about setting up TMNT 2 if no one else wants next within the next month.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for the hell of it I might look at something like this:

"Greatest idea mafia"

Seems my sort of thing. Random and likely to be unbalanced!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    I just got a bunch of notifications on this awesome video from a galaxy far, far way...

It appears bots like mafia.

PS can't believe that was 4 years ago.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GRIMARIO IS BACK BABY! AND HE'S MAKING ANOTHER MAFIA GAME

Business Just picked up Dee4Ness's Avatar
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oh shit

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4Ness View Post
    THE EPIC RETURN!

Where are the Dees?

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Holy shit Dees is in this thread. What an awful cock tease it would be if Grim and Dees don't deliver on this.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Dees as of now, but in the aftermath of my triumphant return, things will be changing! The sheriff is back in town.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit Dees is in this thread. What an awful cock tease it would be if Grim and Dees don't deliver on this.
    Now we just have to figure out where the fuck Doc went.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry guys I lost my password along while ago. And never bothered to retrieve it. But I won't leave you bastards again. I missed you crazy fuckers!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who the fock is this guy?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The inventor of D TV!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

The most marvellous nutball you'll meet.

And the reason dodgy info will always be known as 'Dees'

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Let's not forget, Dees will one day be Rip's son-in-law.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yeah, but the eldest is now living with her 6'8 boyfriend so he might be out of luck.

Personally I'm rooting for Dees mind...

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Now we just need a game for Dees to play in...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to meet you as well.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeSplitter View Post
    Let's not forget, Dees will one day be Rip's son-in-law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    Yeah, but the eldest is now living with her 6'8 boyfriend so he might be out of luck.

Personally I'm rooting for Dees mind...
    Sadly that ship has sailed... or has it? It doesn't matter if you are almost seven feet tall when you have my superior knowledge on how to charm the ladies. In all seriousness though, I promised I would stop with the shenanigans pertaining to Rips daughter. I intend to keep my promise.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You're clearly trying to suck up to him now to get his approval. Cunning move.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plot thickens.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Very early stages, but...

is coming...

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhhh... help me out here Stan Accy.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Another Metal Gear game.

Can be the box this time?

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhh. I was a sexy hacker last time.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nice. I played the hell out of MGS on the PlayStation when I was younger.
    Last edited by Jarrod1983; August 19th, 2017 at 12:59 PM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Okay, I've got characters and roles, I need someone with GM experience who's happy not to be in the game so they can check for balance (i.e. not so much vanilla in this one).

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to help you out but I also want to play, lol. I'm sure we can find somebody to assist...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    I can look if you like but won't be in front of a computer till tomorrow night.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Grim, clear some of your PMs.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Done

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Sent you some feedback, Staccy

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Well, Grim just schooled me on the need for balance, I was guilty of trying to fit the players to the lore, rather than for the good of the game. Time to try again

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    was it entirely broken?

Balance is for wimps!! I still intend on one day running an entirely randomised game somehow.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    The game could have ended after one day and one night phase... so yeah, pretty broken!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    If nobody is in then some mofo needs to get a game going right fucking now. It's almost Halloween and the boy is gonna be tied up.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not just Halloween I'm busy with now.

Haunted House (that we've been building since January). Audiodrama Podcast that I'm writing, producing, and staring in that I'm working on Season 3 of. Writing for another podcast for their 4th season (coming out next year some time). Preparing for a visit from Hurricane Irma on Monday. Plus teaching and being married.

So busy is kind of a state of being now.

But sure, why not?!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Family stuff and holidays going on. Mmmaybe by the end of the month, maybe after Seinfeld mafia

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could probably whip-up a small mafia if peeps are itching to play.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick Mafia Championship Update

For those who didn't follow the Mafia Championship to the end, Dels from GameFAQs ended up winning the fourth season. He will be receiving a winner's certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of Mafia.

Hydra Event 2017 - Interested?

Last year 220 players from dozens of different communities participated in the first ever cross-community Hydra Event. It was a big success and people have been wanting another one, so... It's finally here!

If you don't know what "hydra" means, it's when two people share the same account (two heads). So the concept is that each participating community can send multiple hydras if they want, each consisting of two players, which tends to make the game more fun in addition to making it easier to be active since two players are playing on the same account.

Sign-ups will be open for next couple of weeks. Those signing up will receive a link to a Doodle + a Google Survey so that they can be slotted into a game that suits their availability and preferences wrt game size and type.

If you'd like to play, just find a partner and lemme know either here or in the thread below.

More info here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/...dra-Event-2017

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already 150 players signed up in just a few days. Sign-ups close Nov 19

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking to put a game together since JP's never came to fruition. I have a few ideas, but I would still need to map out the game and it wouldn't start for at least three weeks. Anyone interested?

Themes I'm most interested in:

Rugrats
    Boondocks
    South Park
    MAYBE Rick and Morty(Idea I just had tonight that has no concept of mechanics or roles yet)

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, mentioned it elsewhere, but I couldn't get it to work thematically or in practicality without it being incredibly bitchy and harsh to a few people. While I'd hope most would take it in the spirit intended, didn't want to risk it.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking to put a game together since JP's never came to fruition. I have a few ideas, but I would still need to map out the game and it wouldn't start for at least three weeks. Anyone interested?

Rugrats
    Boondocks
    South Park
    MAYBE Rick and Morty(Idea I just had tonight that has no concept of mechanics or roles yet)
    I'd be in on South Park for sure

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Ricky and morty could be fun and is technically endless.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could inhabit an alternate dimension where Seinfeld Mafia happened.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    western_samoa
    I flicked past, mis-read that as Boondock Saints and got excited.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Rugrats
    Boondocks
    South Park
    Would play anything. I was thinking the other day we haven't had a game in a bit.

South Park would just be absolutely great. Would love it and it has more than enough characters to be a big fun game.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Rugrats
    Boondocks
    South Park
    SOUTH PARK!!!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boys, the time has come again. Mafia Universe has opened Season 5 of the Mafia Championship:

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...imate-Showdown

Thingyman asked if we want to send a representative. Full disclosure, I want another shot to redeem my terrible performance last year. But I wanted to extend the offer for anyone else that might want to try their hand this year.

Be forewarned, the post volume is ridiculous, especially compared to here. It's a major dedication and time sink to keep up. But it's loads of fun to put your skills to the test against all sorts of players across the internet.

If someone does step up, I'll happily be a backup.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I’d be happy for you to take the ball again bud, you owe it to yourself (and us) to make a good show of it

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hoping that South Park (or any) game is still being worked up. I only really play mafia here, been too long since we had a game.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still dicking around with the South Park concept because I haven't had a ton of time to come up with concrete ideas. If I end up doing the Championship run again and I have an early game, it definitely won't happen until after.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thingyman asked that I share the official invite, so here it is:

INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 5)

Hello there!

It is with great pleasure that I hereby invite your community to take part in Season 5 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual forum tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and be their “Champion”.

The whole thing started back in 2013, and since then more than 225 different communities and 50+ different nationalities have been represented.

I hope it sounds like a fun and exciting event

1. DO YOU ACCEPT THE INVITE?

If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to me as soon as you can to ensure yourselves a spot.

If you agree to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is May 1. If this is too soon for you to decide on anyone, let me know and we can work something out.

The games will take place on Mafia Universe. If it’s okay, I can link directly to the general discussion thread regarding this topic on Mafia Universe.

Important notes

• You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
    • In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
    • Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.

2. SEASON 5 FORMAT

The tournament structure

• 170 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
    • 10 Qualifying Games will be played, consisting of 17 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifying Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. 1st place will advance directly to the Finale Game (i.e. 10 of the 17 finalists are found this way), while the 2nd places will advance directly to one of the two Wildcard Games.
    • A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 4 will discuss and vote to determine 25 players in total deserving of a second chance: 1 will advance directly to the finale, and the 24 other players will play in 2 Wildcard Games along with the 2nd places that advanced directly to these. From each game, three players will directly advance to the Finale Game based on a post-game player vote.
    • The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall receive the title of Season 5 Champion and a winner’s certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of mafia.

The setup explained very briefly (more details on host site)
    This (view picture below) is a semi-open grid setup meant for 17 players: 4 mafia versus 13 townies. First you randomly select a number to decide the mafia team's composition of Power Roles (1-2), then you randomly select a letter to decide the town's composition of Power Roles (A-E). Fill in the number of Vanilla Townies needed to make the town team have 13 members total, and you have your setup.

*Town Jack of All Trades: 1x Vigilante, 1x Roleblocker, 1x Tracker.

Relevant mechanics info

• Day start.
    • Deadline Lynch w/ Option for Majority starting Day 2. I.e. when day timer runs out, person with most votes will be lynched. However, day can also be ended early (starting Day 2) if there is ever a majority of votes on one person.
    • If there is a tied lynch, one of the tied players will be randomly lynched.
    • No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
    • Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize them into games with deadlines that suit their preferences).
    • Thread is locked during Night Phases.

3. SEASON 5 TIMELINE

There will be 10 Qualifying Games, and your representative plays in just one of these. They will have start dates during the months of May and June. So in other words, as long as your representative can play sometime during that period, they should be good and I’ll make sure they get scheduled into a game that suits their schedule well. I.e. if your rep is busy until June, that isn’t a problem.

Wildcard games will be played in July, and the Finale Game sometime in August/September (whenever we can work out something that suits everyone).

Kind regards,
    Thingyman

If you want to get in contact with me ASAP, you can find me on Discord (Thingyman#6075).

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won my game as scum AND made it to the Finals! I consider that full redemption. I'm gonna fight to bring that trophy home.

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...a-Championship

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nice Psycho!

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey some beautiful person should get a game running here again.

I'm too dumb to run a game.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah! Definitely not organized enough to do it myself. I got excited thinking someone was announcing a game when I saw the mafia thread poke it's head up.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Okay. Sign ups and thread tomorrow.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Okay. Sign ups and thread tomorrow.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    You have to remember that Australia is ahead of us. WAY AHEAD OF US. Give it time to catch up.