0 Thread(s)
    usa

Johnny fuckin' Mundo

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for him. That pic is Avatar worthy.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would use it as mine, but I JUST got this sweet Haunter avvy

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Pic isn't working for me.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone get Gastly and complete the evolution chain.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was Road Warrior Hawk the man on his own or is that just me?

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post

Johnny fuckin' Mundo
    Pic doesn't show.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I think it was just you.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    Pic isn't working for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Pic doesn't show.
    How weird. Worked fine on my pc, but I don't see it on my phone. It's dis:

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That one works. Good for him. The abs are sill going strong, i see.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You should see the abs in action on Lucha Underground. Dude is more jacked than ever.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Love it! Great idea to have an official WWN champion who can be like the modern version of what the NWA Champion was once upon a time

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    hadn't watched this in years, probably since shortly after the DVD for the show came out. damn does it hold up, amazing match.

KENTA (Hideo Itami) vs. Low Ki from 2005 ROH

Banned
    Smoking Meth and cuddling with an Armenian Gender Queer on a broken couch inside of an abandoned abortion clinic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iraq
    I really enjoy Low-ki in his role as the female Abbie on 'Wayward Pines'...

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    "Power & Glory, when we're done with you, you're going to be Sour & Gory"

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know where this is from and any backstory involved? Was this actually a dropped gimmick like the video suggests?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was talked about a while ago, but I can't remember what the deal was. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be his new gimmick before he teamed up with Goldie.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure but I will say a few things-#1 that part he says about "You go to a WWE Live Event and there's 7 John Cena shirts and 1 Cody Rhodes". It's not a shocker that Cena pulls the most merch, I've heard this from a ton of talent both there today and from the past where they'd go to a booth and see what they had and there's 12 Cena items and maybe 1 shirt in 2 sizes for the other guy lol.

Also, Brandi Rhodes looks totally out of place here with her outfit and the whole "I'm Eden, and you know my baby...." MY BABY? If I were Vince and I saw this I'd shut it down as well. Or at least re-shoot it and change up her dialogue and words. She's beautiful but I just didn't think that outfit was the best first impression attire I'd go with.
    Last edited by Nash Diesel; March 27th, 2017 at 4:16 PM.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I went to a live event last night and I saw many John Cena shirts, but he is the best guy on the roster and I'd rather them sell Cena merchandise than dumb Dean Ambrose shit.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I went to a live event last night and I saw many John Cena shirts, but he is the best guy on the roster and I'd rather them sell Cena merchandise than dumb Dean Ambrose shit.
    The BEST? lol.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The BEST? lol.
    Yes, the pop he got made me very happy to be in the audience.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's like he was going for a hybrid of a Bruce Wayne/Tony Stark gimmick mixed in with what Miz and Maryse currently have going on.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Really enjoying re-visiting old WrestleMania's. Should do this every year. Last night, XXVI. Remembered not liking it much, but much better on second viewing. Opener was pointless, ShowMiz beating Morrison and Truth in a couple of minutes. Then we have the Legacy triple threat. Wasn't bad, but there was only going to be one winner. Slightly lacklustre. MITB had too many guys, but I guess they were at least trying to do something different. Some decent spots here, especially Kofi and the ladder stilts. Jack Swagger, eh. I liked the guy, but making him World Heavyweight Champion 2 days later was a mistake.

HHH/Sheamus was decent. But it suffered a bit because the winner was too obvious. Crowd wasn't into it. Even though he was a former WWE Champion at this point, possibly even a 2-time champ, he hadn't really been accepted yet as a main player. And it showed here a bit. Always decent in the ring though is Sheamus.

Rey/Punk could have been excellent. 6 minutes? They did the best they could with that 6 minutes. Always felt these two meshed really well together and they had much better matches before and after this. Would love to see Punk back one day.

Bret/Vince. Christ. Why? First off, why have the Harts out there? I'm the biggest Bret fan out there, but his family mostly come across as a bunch of cunts. Bret himself has been slating most of them for years. Seriously, Diana, Ellie and Bruce are just so unlikable. Even the way Diana walked to the ring here. Hand on hip, snarl on face. Christ, I almost wanted Vince to win the fucking thing. And as we know, this match should have been about 3 minutes long. Back before the PG era, we would have seen some juice here. As it was, they should have just ended it quickly. Have Nattie, David Smith and Tyson Kidd come down at the end. That would have been fine. Sad.

Remember being disappointed in the build to Jericho and Edge. We all were. Edge was just not over as a babyface at this point. And I was disappointed again when Jericho retained. But I enjoyed this much more on 2nd viewing. Crowd was lukewarm, but it built nicely and the finish totally protected Edge, what with the way Jericho used the belt to the face and with Edge's injury being played up. I liked the match. Not amazing, but good. Pretty sure they did better at Extreme Rules the following month.

Women's tag. Vickie botched both the frog splash and the pin. Last year, Santino Marella won the women's battle royal. Things aren't perfect in 2017, but they are at least about a million times better than this.

Cena/Bats was good. And the spotlight entrance was so simple, yet so, so effective. I thought the match was a little clunky and didn't flow that well at times, but it was a really good match. Loved Big Dave in 2010. Actually, I've always loved Big Dave.

Main event. What more needs to be said? The perfect ending to the best WWE career there ever was. 'Taker breaking character with the hug at the end said it all. The end was so well done too. Michaels with the cutthroat gesture and slap was incredible.

Miles better than WrestleMania XXVII the following year and marginally better than 25 the year before.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Winning MITB one year, managing Michael Cole the next, Jesus Christ Swagger.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Well, WrestleMania XXVII wasn’t as bad as I remembered either. Let’s not be silly though, it’s still book-ended by shite and has a massive pile of it in the middle, but there is some good here.

First off, Rock is saying ‘Yabba’ in the opening segment and is asking the crowd to say ‘Dabba’. It’s bad. But, it’s not as long a segment as I remembered it being, so therefore it’s not as bad as I remembered. Looking for positives here, people.

First match was the match for the World Heavyweight Title. Edge and Del Rio. Decent opener, but makes that title look pretty weak. On the one hand, it’s nice to see a title match not go down the usual route of both guys kicking out of numerous finishers, here it just took the one spear. But on the other hand you get the feeling the match wasn’t deemed important enough to have this happen. Either way, the match was good. E&C trashing Del Rio’s car after was a little odd though.

Totally forgot that Cody defeated Rey in their match. I also liked this one. And they were given a little more time than Mysterio tends to get at ‘Mania. From memory, he won the World Title at XXII in 9 minutes, beat Punk in 6, had a short opener with Matt Hardy at XIX and beat JBL in about 90 seconds at 25. Cody got the win with the knee brace, but Rey was cheating just as much that it almost seemed clean. Cody should have gone a lot further in this company.

Corre (remember them?) lost quickly and pointlessly to Kane/Show/Santino and Kofi. Useless.

Orton and Punk. This was going really well early on, but I felt it dragged in the middle. Loved the finish though. Punk escapes an RKO and gets all cocky because Randy is down, leg a mess. Goes for a springboard clothesline and is caught in the RKO anyway. Excellent. Punk was on fire at the time though, and he should have won here. Hell, he should have been the one facing Cena in the main-event, not Miz.

Taker/HHH. H was never going to bump around like Michaels had, so they went with some big moves early. ‘Taker back-dropping H off the announce table was a nasty spot. He landed hard and I’m sure he messed up his arm. Soon after, the spinebuster on ‘Taker through the table was also excellent. I feel ‘Taker kicking out of 3 pedigrees and a tombstone was a bit overkill though. I will say though, HHH’s reaction after ‘Taker escaped the Tombstone was brilliant. He slid away and looked like he’d seen a ghost. That was good. It was an excellent tombstone too. After 3 pedigress and multiple chair shots, including one to the head. That really seemed to hush the audience, as one hadn’t been seen for a year. In the end, as H was going for the sledgehammer shot to truly finish it, ‘Taker was able to lock in the Hell’s Gate for the tap out. Love how ‘Taker then wasn’t able to leave the ring of his own power and it was him chasing HHH for the rematch the following year, which was the opposite of his programme with Michaels. Liked that. They somehow made it seem every year like the streak could end, even though we knew it never would. And then it did, when we really didn’t expect it. Got to give them that.

Snooki, whoever the hell she is, pinned the Women’s Champion next, with minimal effort, in the six person match. Trish came back for this?

Main event really was not that bad. In my head, Miz suffered his concussion early and the match sucked. Must have been drunk because the concussion was at the end and the match was decent. Not great, but decent. It was just all the Rock stuff at the end and despite Miz retaining his title, he looked like an utter bitch at the end of the night. Oh, and Miz was clearly concussed at the end, but mid-way through the match, you'd think it was Cena. Cena ran the ropes and Miz dropped down. And Cena just kinda jumped through the air and landed on the mat. Laughter at the absurdity from the crowd. Lawler and Cole tried to cover for it on commentary by saying Cena must have been knocked loopy or something. Very odd.

Still, a below average ‘Mania, but not nearly as bad as I remembered.

Oh yeah, the shit in the middle was obviously Cole and Lawler. What were they thinking?
    Last edited by Murphy; March 29th, 2017 at 7:42 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching old Mania's you can definitely tell that when Taz left and said someone on the announce team was on the juice, he had to have been talking about Cole. Cole became a work out nut though so maybe it's natural but you watch just a 5 year progression and while it's for sure obtainable, it reminded me of when Steve Rogers went from scrawny 5'2" 110lbs. soaking wet to 6'2" 240lbs of muscle, just over a longer period of time lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And then went to a ball of Play-Doh in an orange singlet?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    When did Taz say that? My memory might be off but it seems like Cole got pretty fat for a few years after Taz left before getting back into shape.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Was talking to my son the other day and the subject of Yokozuna came up. I said he was the 'Champ'. His response? 'Yeah, in '93'.

He's 4 years old.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you're raising that boy the right way.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia

I worry he's a little too young, but he loves Royal Rumble matches, so we're watching one every weekend. Started at '93 and we have '98 next. He wants to go back to watch '93 though because he knows Yoko won and I've told him Yoko is in no more. And he refuses to acknowledge that the '94 one was a draw. Bret won that.

Will have to skip 2001 though because of the blood. And '98 starts out with Cactus and Funk and chairs. May be a bit irresponsible to let him see that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    '98 was a good one.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been watching the Manias backwards and reached 17 last night.

In order of bestness;

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

I worry he's a little too young, but he loves Royal Rumble matches, so we're watching one every weekend. Started at '93 and we have '98 next. He wants to go back to watch '93 though because he knows Yoko won and I've told him Yoko is in no more. And he refuses to acknowledge that the '94 one was a draw. Bret won that.

Will have to skip 2001 though because of the blood. And '98 starts out with Cactus and Funk and chairs. May be a bit irresponsible to let him see that.
    You should've started from '92. He would've had a tear in his eye by the end of it.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Not too young. My son started around then. Loved super heros and once I told him it was as close to being a real life super hero he was sold. He turns 9 in July. He loves wrestling. Always good bonding time. Rumbles are his favorite too and yes Bret seems to be the undisputed winner of 94 in young kids eyes. Old kids too, I love me some Hitman.
    Last edited by Jarrod1983; March 30th, 2017 at 9:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    You should've started from '92. He would've had a tear in his eye by the end of it.
    That would have been fair to Flair

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Watched a Shamrock vs. Bret match for the championship on RAW in 97, and Bret taps to the ankle lock but the referee was knocked out. Michaels interferes, and then Shamrock beats him down too.

Shamrock as champion would have been bad ass.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I only started at '93 because of him being a little bit obsessed by Yokozuna from playing the old SNES games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Not too young. My son started around then. Loved super heros and once I told him it was as close to being a real life super hero he was sold. He turns 9 in July. He loves wrestling. Always good bonding time. Rumbles are his favorite too and yes Bret seems to be the undisputed winner of 94 in young kids eyes. Old kids too, I love me some Hitman.
    Bret was the man.

My lad seems to love the heels at the moment. Last night he walked in on me watching 'Mania XXVIII and Kane made his entrance. He was wearing that helmet thing over his mask. With excitement in his voice 'Woah, he has to be a bad guy'. Excellent.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

98' is rough. The beginning is hard to watch for an adult nowadays. Foley and Funk just light one another up with chair shots, unprotected, to the head. Personally, I would not let my young daughter watch that segment until she is older; it's pretty brutal.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Aye, I'd have checked it first, but yeah, that's how I remembered it.

'99, I think is ok. Not 100%.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    99' is fine. A lot of Austin and Vince flipping each other the bird and fake blood, but nothing cringe worthy.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Fake blood? Gangrel?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Watched a Shamrock vs. Bret match for the championship on RAW in 97, and Bret taps to the ankle lock but the referee was knocked out. Michaels interferes, and then Shamrock beats him down too.

Shamrock as champion would have been bad ass.
    There was some consideration to putting the belt on him when Bret wouldn't lose to Shawn. They could have used Shamrock as a transition from Bret to Shawn. Really, I think they could have gotten a lot more than they did out of Shamrock. They quickly made him just another guy on the roster instead of being special.

Meh
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay so I've been to two other wrestlemanias , the both of them I just went to Mania itself... this is my first time doing a bunch of the events over the weekend. It really is a whole other world.

Day one of WrestleMania weekend... Saw Marty Jannetty wrestle and he was clearly on cocaine legitimately, there were fans from all over the world packed into this building for this midnight Indie show, and an entire group of WWE wrestlers including Kevin freaking Owens came in at like 2 a.m. and just sat in the crowd to watch the rest of the show.

I was sat next to Ian Rotten, and in front of Dink the Clown...

I saw Zack Sabre jr. Vs ACH which might be a match of the Year contender.I saw an invisible man compete in a Battle Royal.

I saw lonely Virgil, who set up a merch table uninvited. Like he literally just showed up.

This was only the first day. Tomorrow (Shit in like 5 hours I have to get up and go) it's Progress, Rev Pro, and WrestleCon Supershow.

I met Maffew of Botchamania in the crowd as well.

I had always heard that anybody could show up at any time at all the little events around the city on Mania weekend. And now I see it's true as Kevin Owens, Jimmy Jacobs, and half the NXT roster walked in at two o'clock in the morning and watch the rest of the show
    Last edited by takerson; March 31st, 2017 at 4:25 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    That's brilliant, man.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jealous. I really need to experience WrestleMania once in my life.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was so close to doing Mania this weekend, then thought awch I'm not that bothered because the card is a bit underwhelming - but everything else around the whole week looks incredible.

I need to see this Spring Break show from last night which looks fucking mental, and I will be shelling out a whopping 16 quid sterling to watch the Progress show this afternoon. HOF tonight, NXT tomorrow and probably catch up on Evolve from last night and some ROH too, then Mania on Sunday.

My girlfriend hates me.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by takerson View Post
    I saw Zack Sabre jr. Vs ACH which might be a match of the Year contender.I saw an invisible man compete in a Battle Royal.
    If you saw him compete he must not have been all that invisible.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Slare View Post
    I was so close to doing Mania this weekend, then thought awch I'm not that bothered because the card is a bit underwhelming - but everything else around the whole week looks incredible.

I need to see this Spring Break show from last night which looks fucking mental, and I will be shelling out a whopping 16 quid sterling to watch the Progress show this afternoon. HOF tonight, NXT tomorrow and probably catch up on Evolve from last night and some ROH too, then Mania on Sunday.

My girlfriend hates me.
    Ha, I think my wife is ok. She says she 'understands' and she 'knows you've got your crazy wrestling weekend'.

Just WWE for me this weekend, but would like to see the PROGRESS show.

Meh
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's brilliant, man.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Badger View Post
    Yes. Yes you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Slare View Post

My girlfriend hates me.
    Card is underwhelming on paper but the spectacle of it is unmatched mannn.

Yes you need to see at least Galloway vs Riddle, Ricochet vs Lee, and Sabre vs ACH from Evolve. And the Spring Break so is incredibly fun.

I'll be at Progress as well can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    If you saw him compete he must not have been all that invisible.
    Haaaa you're right. Didn't see HIM obviously, rather wrestlers reacting to invisble moves

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    WrestleMania 38 will be the next Mania I go to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Badger View Post
    This weekend will by my third Wrestlemania. I was at 23 in Detroit, and I sat in the 4th row for 31 in San Francisco. That was an absolutely incredible experience.

Even if you aren't into the card itself, the energy of Mania weekend is incredible in every city. Everywhere you go, people are wearing wrestling shirts, talking to strangers, etc.

Every fan should go at least once.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant4Ever View Post
    This weekend will by my third Wrestlemania. I was at 23 in Detroit, and I sat in the 4th row for 31 in San Francisco. That was an absolutely incredible experience.

Even if you aren't into the card itself, the energy of Mania weekend is incredible in every city. Everywhere you go, people are wearing wrestling shirts, talking to strangers, etc.

Every fan should go at least once.
    I really want to do the whole package: Go to the HOF ceremony, NXT, Mania, RAW, and Smackdown. And maybe go to the Axxess shows they do. The price though damn must be expensive. Maybe if they have it in Charlotte, NC, I'll go.

I've only ever been to just the Manias at 11, 20, and 29.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I did 29 and 30. Both were very fun for diff reasons. 29 was nice cause we just drove to Jersey and tailgated all day. 30 was awesome cause we spent 5 days in NOLA, which was a blast. So much drinking, yes-ing, and marking out with total strangers.

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I read that as making out with total strangers, which I assume is normal in New Orleans.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following all the drinking and yes-ing, its pretty normal.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bryan Danielson is running an angle for CMLL on Twitter. Honestly can't wait until he wrestles again

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I am hoping Minneapolis ends up with it soon. I keep hearing rumors about it and the new stadium is perfect for it. I figured WWE was waiting on it to host a few major events before commiting. Next year it has the Super Bowl and in 2019 the Final 4.

Classy new Stevie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Bryan Danielson is running an angle for CMLL on Twitter. Honestly can't wait until he wrestles again
    Is he?

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieV View Post
    Is he?
    He hasn't been shy about that. Once his contract with WWE is up he'll be wrestling again.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Roman wasn't around, he'd be wrestling for the WWE.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That test he took that they forced him to retire off of if they had the rest of the roster take that test and held them to that standard there would be no one able to wrestle in WWE.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That test he took that they forced him to retire off of if they had the rest of the roster take that test and held them to that standard there would be no one able to wrestle in WWE.
    Of course. It's like when they say they don't drug test part time performers. Why? The reason is absurd lol. But it allows Lesnar, Triple H, etc. to roid up and make the biggest paydays in comparison to the others on the roster (and I get the argument about being a draw but still).

IMHO, call it a conspiracy theory, but I truly believe Daniel Bryan not being cleared had more to do with Roman Reigns and just the company not wanting him being a roadblock so they shelved him. And yeah people say he was doctor shopping and at first it seemed like he was accepting of his fate but over time I feel like the things he says, they're a shoot. He wants back in the ring and he doesn't give a shit if the WWE clears him or not because he'll go out on his shield if he has to Misawa style.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a conspiracy theory. An an especially outlandish one.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    That is a conspiracy theory. An an especially outlandish one.
    Why?

I mean it shouldn't be a shock that all of the talent that are more over than Roman that work full time are on Smackdown. I would consider Daniel Bryan and Shane full time talent, they're on t.v. every week, every ppv (aside from Raw exclusive). They put everyone that was more over on Smackdown and kept Roman on Raw, not realizing just how lackluster he truly is to the point where 2 heels carried Raw for the last 8 months. Backfire.

But we all saw/heard the reactions Bryan was getting for years, he goes down with an injury, boom, they greenlight the Shield break up and pump up Roman who gets overshadowed by Rollins and Ambrose every week.....They give ROMAN, not Bryan, the wrestler of the year award. They even have Bryan return and instead of giving him the ball for one last run, they have him put over Roman and go out of his way to talk about how great Roman is as a worker and blah blah blah.

The writing is on the wall in big black letters and they basically read: "Fuck Bryan"

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So then why not just have Roman beat him 30 times in a row, and harvest the money from smarks dreaming of a Bryan win?

BECAUSE VINCE MCMAHON IS A SPITE ROBOT WHO HATES YOUR PLEASUUUUUURE

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason they did it was because of all the concussion lawsuits. They're using him to cover their ass.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I had this same conversation with a buddy of mine. We totally think Vince and company are keeping Daniel Bryan out on purpose. Got to get Roman over and it's easier without fans yessing their heads off for DB.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just saying I can't wait for the Wrestle Kingdom 13 main event of Okada vs Danielson

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The reason they did it was because of all the concussion lawsuits. They're using him to cover their ass.
    Forgot about that lawsuit. I'm sure this has something to do with DB being shelved as well.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm just saying I can't wait for the Wrestle Kingdom 13 main event of Okada vs Danielson
    YES!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    So then why not just have Roman beat him 30 times in a row, and harvest the money from smarks dreaming of a Bryan win?

BECAUSE VINCE MCMAHON IS A SPITE ROBOT WHO HATES YOUR PLEASUUUUUURE
    Because that's not how things work. Beating Bryan 30 times in a row? Yeah you'd see Raw getting about a 1.4 these days if they went that route. No smark would be going "I'm going to keep ordering ppvs and buying tickets to shows in hopes that Bryan finally wins!" This isn't Raven v. Dreamer.

And yeah I kind of do believe that a guy who could be billionaire is content on being a millionaire. A guy like Vince being content is a bad sign for things to come because that attitude will only have a trickle down effect as we see with posters around here going "Who caers what they do!?!"

Oh I'm sure that's part of it, they take the most over guy since The Rock and put him on the shelf for good. People generally would think "No way would they do that to a guy that over". Well, if he was John Cena or Roman Reigns that were that over you'd never hear about it. Daniel, he's expendable because he looks like a troll who lives off the muddy banks of Wishka in Aberdeen.

I had this same conversation with a buddy of mine. We totally think Vince and company are keeping Daniel Bryan out on purpose. Got to get Roman over and it's easier without fans yessing their heads off for DB.
    It's easier to get Roman over when you don't have Ambrose, Cena, Orton, Wyatt, etc. getting bigger pops from the crowd-men, women, children-than Roman does in an entire year. People can talk about how STACKED Raw is but is it really? Numbers-wise sure. But popularity wise....other than the part timers who's more over than the guys I just mentioned on Smackdown? 1-2 guys? Funny thing is, Roman's still not even the most popular guy on Raw that's there every week. Zayn, Rollins, I mean shit they put Cesaro in a tag-team with a guy who was getting crickets just to kill another obstacle.

You wait...Balor's going to come back and Roman's going to get that W back by the end of April. CLEAN. Then we'll see Balor going after the US title in a feud with Titus.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You wait...Balor's going to come back and Roman's going to get that W back by the end of April. CLEAN. Then we'll see Balor going after the US title in a feud with Titus.
    Gross. Gives me that little bit of puke in your mouth feeling. Totally true though. No way Finn picks up where he left off. I wouldn't be surprised if Vince lost all confidence in whatever push people talked Vince into giving Finn.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keith Lee vs Donovan Dijak on Evolve right now was the 2nd best spotfest I have seen this year

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Keith Lee vs Donovan Dijak on Evolve right now was the 2nd best spotfest I have seen this year
    i'm watching this and watched last night's show. keith lee has killed it both nights. never seen him or heard much about him even before this but he's awesome.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    hopeful in the meantime they botch shinsuke nakamura's push and he quits and we get bryan/nakamura in NJPW. would be nice.

Andy
    lol Defrost what shit. He's been hinting he might wrestle again on a worked WWE show in order to get Miz over.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why?

I mean it shouldn't be a shock that all of the talent that are more over than Roman that work full time are on Smackdown. I would consider Daniel Bryan and Shane full time talent, they're on t.v. every week, every ppv (aside from Raw exclusive). They put everyone that was more over on Smackdown and kept Roman on Raw, not realizing just how lackluster he truly is to the point where 2 heels carried Raw for the last 8 months. Backfire.

But we all saw/heard the reactions Bryan was getting for years, he goes down with an injury, boom, they greenlight the Shield break up and pump up Roman who gets overshadowed by Rollins and Ambrose every week.....They give ROMAN, not Bryan, the wrestler of the year award. They even have Bryan return and instead of giving him the ball for one last run, they have him put over Roman and go out of his way to talk about how great Roman is as a worker and blah blah blah.

The writing is on the wall in big black letters and they basically read: "Fuck Bryan"
    Forgot about that lawsuit. I'm sure this has something to do with DB being shelved as well.
    Because that's not how things work. Beating Bryan 30 times in a row? Yeah you'd see Raw getting about a 1.4 these days if they went that route. No smark would be going "I'm going to keep ordering ppvs and buying tickets to shows in hopes that Bryan finally wins!" This isn't Raven v. Dreamer.

And yeah I kind of do believe that a guy who could be billionaire is content on being a millionaire. A guy like Vince being content is a bad sign for things to come because that attitude will only have a trickle down effect as we see with posters around here going "Who caers what they do!?!"

Oh I'm sure that's part of it, they take the most over guy since The Rock and put him on the shelf for good. People generally would think "No way would they do that to a guy that over". Well, if he was John Cena or Roman Reigns that were that over you'd never hear about it. Daniel, he's expendable because he looks like a troll who lives off the muddy banks of Wishka in Aberdeen.

It's easier to get Roman over when you don't have Ambrose, Cena, Orton, Wyatt, etc. getting bigger pops from the crowd-men, women, children-than Roman does in an entire year. People can talk about how STACKED Raw is but is it really? Numbers-wise sure. But popularity wise....other than the part timers who's more over than the guys I just mentioned on Smackdown? 1-2 guys? Funny thing is, Roman's still not even the most popular guy on Raw that's there every week. Zayn, Rollins, I mean shit they put Cesaro in a tag-team with a guy who was getting crickets just to kill another obstacle.

Gross. Gives me that little bit of puke in your mouth feeling. Totally true though. No way Finn picks up where he left off. I wouldn't be surprised if Vince lost all confidence in whatever push people talked Vince into giving Finn.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He hasn't been shy about that. Once his contract with WWE is up he'll be wrestling again.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how many more Tout mentions he'll get in on Talking Smack before they decide to have a word with him?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm wondering how many more posts Hero! will find hilarious here.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I wonder how many more Tout mentions he'll get in on Talking Smack before they decide to have a word with him?
    Why would they care?

I'm wondering how many more posts Hero! will find hilarious here.
    tell me more funny jokes

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    speaking of the evolve shows i got floslam to watch them and also because i was in the mood to check out that danielson/shingo match from 2010. fuck it's good.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Darby Allin match was something. Wasn't what I'd call like good, but it was something.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would they care?
    Just saying Bryan gets away with a lot.

Classy new Stevie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But he didn't shoot any sort of angle with CMLL. Am I missing some tweets?

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about that in all honesty. I was talking mainly about his Talking Smack stuff.
    Last edited by Badger; March 31st, 2017 at 7:56 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieV View Post
    But he didn't shoot any sort of angle with CMLL. Am I missing some tweets?
    Just defrost being defrost. He got a gift and talked about it

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    How is that "working an angle" ?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Bryan gets back in the ring once his WWE contract expires. I'm sure some promoter will be unscrupulous enough to put a guy with a smashed brain in the ring.

Like how Kurt Angle is too hurt to wrestle for WWE but not other places.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    I think Bryan gets back in the ring once his WWE contract expires. I'm sure some promoter will be unscrupulous enough to put a guy with a smashed brain in the ring.

Like how Kurt Angle is too hurt to wrestle for WWE but not other places.
    You can't honestly believe that Bryan is the only guy working for WWE in that type of condition, right?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he got a really bad concussion. It's happened in football and hockey where one really bad concussion ended a guy's career. I also wouldn't dismiss the idea that Bryan being so high-profile makes them more concerned about him wrestling compared to somebody lower on the card.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is that "working an angle" ?
    It's just Bryan marking out. He just showed the mask off in a video on the Bellas youtube.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I can't believe that Defrost vilified Benoit for doing what he did and now is begging for Bryan to get back in the ring and end up the same. The man admits that his brain was bleeding and you want him to go back to getting hit in the head repeatedly? insanity.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bryan got cleared by two doctors right? The third one finding shit the other two didn'tbwas puzzling.

No doubt Bryan retiring was right, but why the discrepancy?
    Last edited by Badger; March 31st, 2017 at 8:31 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I can't believe that Defrost vilified Benoit for doing what he did and now is begging for Bryan to get back in the ring and end up the same. The man admits that his brain was bleeding and you want him to go back to getting hit in the head repeatedly? insanity.
    Again, there's no way that there aren't other people wrestling for WWE that don't have a condition similar to Bryan.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Similar as in they have seizures?

I guess maybe a couple of the older guys might maybe.