1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hell of a show though, well done once again Pip

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nice show, Pip! Interesting turn of event, amiright?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I for one was surprised at the turn, I'm curious to see where it leads but with both main stars dropping the belts it seems an obvious time for a power grab attempt from someone young and hungry

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I finally believed in myself and got let down. :-P

Great show.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Somebody get this freakin duck away from me!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The next big thing versus the proven thing. The hot superstar thinks he can defeat the greatest champion in history. Good luck.

Once more unto the breach Pipkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm planning to get the confidence picks scored and the post Oblivion updates done this afternoon. I had to be up at 4 this morning for work though, so there's a distinct chance I might just take a nap instead. At any rate, my goal is to start working on the next show on Saturday.

Which reminds me...as usual, I had big plans running to Oblivion, and not much planned for after it. So if anybody has any ideas to pitch, this is the absolute best time. Wrap it up in a PM, spank it on the bottom, and send it my way.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, the winner of the confidence picks is TimeSplitter! Knee was a very close second, then there was a sizable drop to Mills at #3.

As promised, TS will get two prizes. I will go in and give Theo Logan a boost to the stat that I think will help him out the most. The other prize will be related to booking. Time, I will be in touch.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Boo ya!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CCW Update
    I might need to shake things up in CCW again, as Heyman and Braken have become overly reliant (in my opinion) on RCW talent, and are only paying a small amount of attention to CCW exclusive guys. If I take some of their toys away, they'll have to become more creative. The downside of that is that it hurts the talent, who can be prime time stars in LA rather than midcard acts up north. I think it's best for the long-term though, so expect the next CCW update to have different names.

Champions
    CCW - Kira James
    James has been a solid but somewhat unremarkable champion, which I find somewhat confounding. Heyman was booking him like wrestling Jesus right up until he won the title, then his momentum stalled. With his increased position on the main roster, though, he's probably not long for CCW anyway.

Tag - Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas
    The World's Greatest Tag Team has been the focal point of the CCW tag division since arriving a few months ago, and have added some good stability to the belts after a couple of lower level reigns lately.

TV - Cesaro
    I had Claudio Castagnoli re-branded as Cesaro in CCW, and have introduced that character to RCW as well, but I'm going to let Heyman get him over before I start to really push him. That could be sooner rather than later too, as Heyman seems to be a fan.

Women's - Beth Phoenix (6)
    Beth really has been the dominant force in the division lately, as this is her 4th lengthy run with the title since 2008.

Women's Tag - Madison Rayne & AJ Lee (2)
    The Pair of Queens has been more impressive during this reign than in their first one, but part of that is that the women's tag division is older and they have more competition now.

Top Stars
    1. Kira James
    2. Samoa Joe
    3. Michael Jefferson
    4. Nick Nemeth
    5. Nigel McGuinness
    6. Evan Bourne
    7. Dean Ambrose
    8. Seth Rollins
    9. Cody Rhodes
    10. Ted Dibiase Jr

Hidden Gems
    1. Bray Wyatt
    2. JR Slim
    3. Damien Sandow
    4. Theo Logan
    5. Adrian Neville

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE Update
    I have no idea how this company is still ahead of CCW. Well, I guess I do, I just can't believe it. Basically, WWE has Randy Orton and friends at the top of the card and nothing else. Any given WWE show has maybe 2 good matches, the semi-main event and the main event. Everything other than that is just useless filler. When HBK, Scott Hall, Big Show, HHH, and the like start to retire, Vince is going to be in really, really rough shape.

Champions
    WWE - Shawn Michaels (8)
    In a major departure from real life, HBK's ring work has really suffered with age but he has remained firmly in the title picture. He's in rough shape physically, but he's such a cornerstone of WWE at this point Vince might convince him to wrestle until he's 50 to help keep the company afloat.

IC - Val Venis (4)
    Remember this guy? Still kind of a star apparently. At 40, he's still one of the best workers WWE has...not that you'd know it from his matches, as he's trying to carry a bunch of scrubs.

Tag - Kofi Kingston & Elijah Burke
    They've been champs for over 16 months. The only WWE team to rival them since the game started are the Dudleys in the early 2000s. They could realistically end up being one of the best WWE tag teams ever...but after most of the world stopped paying attention.

Euro - Snitsky
    This title has been largely irrelevant since...well, since we started the game in 1994, but there have been periods of importance. This is not one of those. Snitsky is the best champion in years, which is really saying something.

Women's - Alicia Fox (2)
    This is also a championship that still exists. That's about all the discussion it merits.

Top Stars
    1. Randy Orton
    2. Triple H
    3. Big Show
    4. JBL
    5. Shawn Michaels
    6. Scott Hall
    7. Kane
    8. Lance Storm
    9. Manabu Nakanishi
    10. Umaga

Hidden Gems
    Honestly, I don't think I can even do this section. WWE only has like, 25 people on their whole active roster, including the women. They fired everybody else to save on money. I guess I'll do it by default, just to show how thin the roster is.
    1. Eugene
    2. Scotty 2 Hotty
    3. Grand Master Sexay
    4. D'Lo Brown
    5. Deuce (not even Deuce 'n' Domino, just Deuce on his own...Domino was fired.)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is also a championship that exists. I love it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WCW Update
    We've managed to make a dent in WCW's momentum. They're still doing very, very well, but they're no longer gaining on us. Losing The Undertaker was a huge blow, and frankly, some of the recent booking has been suspect. The roster is still great though, and they are far and away the biggest threat to us as #1. Their network TV slots give them a huge advantage, but we're still neck and neck in the ratings, and we're killing them in PPV buys, attendance, and merch sales.

Champions
    WCW - Dave Batista (3)
    Big Dave has become one of the top stars in WCW history, and one of the biggest in all of wrestling. He's a lock for the Hall of Immortals given what he's accomplished and how big a star he has become. In this universe he's legitimately on the short list for wrestling's Mount Rushmore. I don't think he makes it yet, but he's still got a few years to add to his resume.

US - John Cena
    Who knows what Cena could have been if things had gone differently. If he had left WWE sooner he could have been the foundation of WCW's rise instead of Batista, or jumped to RCW and had legendary feuds with guys like Austin and Beast-Man. Instead he was a big fish in a little pond, and now he's regularly overshadowed by the bigger stars on WCW's roster.

Tag - Sting & Chris Benoit
    WCW's newest super team is defending the titles about as often as the last champions. That is to say, they aren't. They're averaging about one defense every two months.

TV - Owen Hart
    Poor Owen. I mean, it's great that he's still alive and all, but he just never reached that next level. Career midcarder for a guy that I think we all probably assumed would be World Champion in a universe without Over the Edge '99.

CW - Rey Misterio Jr (2)
    Rey is slowing with age, but he's still putting on really good matches in a stacked cruiserweight division. It almost makes me want to resurrect the Welterweight belt in RCW. Almost.

Top Stars
    1. Dave Batista
    2. The Rock
    3. Sting
    4. Brock Lesnar
    5. Goldberg
    6. Bobby Lashley
    7. Chris Benoit
    8. John Cena
    9. Mr. Kennedy
    10. Jeff Jarrett

Hidden Gems
    1. Kevin Steen
    2. Tyson Kidd
    3. Dos Caras Jr
    4. El Generico
    5. Alex Shelley

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Loving all this!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Get your head outta your ass, Braken!!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RCW Draft Lottery

This year the lottery will consist of ten randomized draft picks, five for Fuel and five for Driven.

Fuel's lottery picks:
    Alexander James
    Damien Sandow
    John Doe
    Booker T
    Christian

Driven's lottery picks:
    Rhino
    Brian Kendrick
    Doug Williams
    John Morrison
    Chris Jericho

Analysis:
    Fuel's very deep tag team division takes a big hit, as London & Kendrick, High Intensity, and MNM are all broken up thanks to the departures of Kendrick, Rhino, and Morrison. All three of them have singles pushes waiting for them on Driven though. Being drafted should also help Doug Williams. Jericho is Jericho, and he'll be a top guy anywhere. His loss will definitely cause some turbulence for Fuel though.
    Luckily for that show, they're adding 3 main event caliber stars in Christian, Booker, and James, which more than makes up for losing Y2J. Sandow and Doe will add some much needed depth in the midcard scene, and overall the lottery makes Fuel roster better.
    I think the same can be said for Driven though. They lost some big names, but guys like Morrison, Rhino, and Kendrick are all on the way up, and Jericho immediately adds credibility to an already stacked main event picture. My plans for Doug Williams should also help make the midcard more interesting.
    If I had to pick a winner, I think Fuel made out better than Driven did, but both shows should benefit from some freshening up. It's also worth noting that there are some inbound free agents for both shows as well, so the changes aren't done yet.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RCW.com
    Driven Report
    July 2011

Earlier tonight, Driven's first episode in July held some notable events. Of course the main event was something special, featuring Chris Jericho making his first Driven appearance in years, teaming with The Undertaker to defeat The Wow Factor. But the real story of the show was the arrival of a new challenge for North American Champion Warrior.

Warrior defeated Austin Ledger in an Oblivion rematch, retaining his North American Title against the angry Texan yet again. But following the victory, Warrior was ambushed by Paul Burchill, Nigel McGuinness, and new Driven draftee Doug Williams. The English trio declared that the North American Title is now obsolete, and introduced the man they proclaimed the British Champion...RCW's newest star, William Regal.

Regal, a former WWE Champion, announced that he had finally made the jump to RCW to prove the superiority of British wrestlers, and called Warrior a perfect example of what's wrong with America's stars. Regal touted the skill and talent of McGuinness, Burchill, Williams, and himself as compared to Warrior, whose only skill is the blunt tool of brute force.

Warrior was taken to an area hospital following the beating, and he has not been reached for comment.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Awesome.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Screw James. I wanna do something with Regal. I'm calling him out, for Queen and country.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Bugger that mate, I want to bring Jack back to help you!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got Regal! Awesome!!!!!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops, I forgot to do the power 25 after Oblivion. Well, I'll do it now, but it might not be exactly like it was supposed to be as momentum might have changed a bit in the couple of shows since then.

RCW Power 25

1. Steve Austin
    2. The Undertaker
    3. Kurt Angle
    4. CM Punk
    5. Wade Barrett
    6. Michael Jefferson & Samoa Joe
    7. Bryan Danielson
    8. Garrett Darby
    9. Maelstrom
    10. Mark Henry
    11. Booker T
    12. Chris Jericho
    13. Warrior
    14. The Dudley Boys
    15. Evan Bourne
    16. The Legacy
    17. William Regal
    18. Test & A-Train
    19. Michael Cohan
    20. John Doe
    21. AJ Styles
    22. Goldust
    23. Eddie Guerrero
    24. Scott Steiner & Lex Luger
    25. Edge

Yeah, so obviously Regal wouldn't have been on the list if I'd done it when I was supposed to, before he debuted. The same goes for Test & A-Train, who won their first match after debuting.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to wait to do the full brand updates so I didn't spoil the new debuts, but I already covered Regal and he was one of the two biggest. I'm just going to do the updates tonight. The next show is almost ready to go, and should be up on Monday or Tuesday.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuel Update
    Fuel and Nitro trade ratings victories on a week to week basis, just depending on what happens on the shows. It's pretty exciting. Of course, when you consider that Nitro is on NBC and Fuel is on TBS, it becomes obvious that Fuel is the superior show to draw that many viewers on cable.

Champions
    RCW Champion - Steve Austin (4)
    Stone Cold is now a 13 time World Champion, second only to Flair's iconic 16, as he leaves Oblivion as the Champion for the second straight year.

RCW National Title - Wade Barrett (4)
    Barrett is a legitimate main event caliber talent, but the RCW Title picture is so crowded he's made a name for himself winning the National Title more times than anybody not named Noah Braken.

RCW Tag Team Titles - The Dudley Boys (3)
    The Dudleys are now 9 time Tag Champs overall following a very big victory over American Gothic at Oblivion.

Money in the Bank - Bryan Danielson
    Danielson has got to be considered one of the top threats to Steve Austin as long as he has that briefcase.

Top Stars
    1. Steve Austin
    2. Maelstrom
    3. Wade Barrett
    4. John Douglas
    5. Bryan Danielson
    6. Mark Henry
    7. Booker T
    8. Alexander James
    9. Christian
    10. Kenta Kobashi (Kobashi recently returned to RCW after spending several years in WCW.)

Hidden Gems
    1. Hideo Itami (I actually signed Hideo a while ago, and was planning to debut him at Oblivion as KENTA until Luger signed on to be Steiner's mystery partner. Then Kenta Kobashi signed and I changed KENTA to Hideo Itami to differentiate them.)
    2. Cesaro
    3. John Doe
    4. Chris Sabin
    5. Sean Waltman (Waltman is another new arrival that was cut by WWE for budget reasons.)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Driven Update
    Driven is typically the 4th most viewed wrestling show of the week after Fuel, Nitro, and Thunder, but it's really close. The difference between #1 and #4 is less than a half of a million viewers, which is amazing for a show on ESPN. And seriously, look at the top stars thing. That top 7 is just insanity. It might be the best top seven any company or brand has had since I started doing these things. The overall roster isn't as deep as it could be, but the top is immaculate.

Champions
    World Heavyweight Champion - The Undertaker
    This makes the Deadman a 7 time World Champion between WWE, WCW, and RCW, and even at 46 years old, he shows no signs of slowing down.

North American Title - Warrior
    Warrior surprised many when he retained the title at Oblivion, but now he faces a new threat in William Regal.

World Tag Team Titles - Samoa Joe & Michael Jefferson
    #TheCountdown is underway, as Michael Jefferson has declared that it is only a matter of time until they pass the Knights of the Squared Circle as the longest reiging champs of all-time. They're about 7 months away right now, so they have some work to do still.

Top Stars
    1. Kurt Angle
    2. Garrett Darby
    3. The Undertaker
    4. CM Punk
    5. Chris Jericho
    6. Eddie Guerrero
    7. Edge
    8. John Morrison
    9. Samoa Joe
    10. AJ Styles

Hidden Gems
    1. The Brian Kendrick
    2. Paul Burchill
    3. Ron Killings
    4. Doug Williams
    5. Matt Morgan

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too bad Churchill is retired. It would've been great if the Knights had a chance to stop them from taking our streak.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    One Night Only return?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Any time my friend, just say the word and the White Knight of RCW will take up arms again

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw, is the past feeling left out? Like the world has passed you by? That's because it has, the trending terror of RCW has single handedly taken the rcw tag division and collectively backhanded them all. I am the greatest champion in RCW, tell all your friends to trend towards #istory. The #countdown is underway, and there's no stopping it.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Oh look it's the protected one.

The man so gosh darn impressive he needs carried by a Samoan monster 24/7.

Tell me, does Joe feel fulfilled in his role as babysitter?

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Churchill came back, then we'd get called out for burying everyone. No one can beat the Knights.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My lesser half is collecting a paycheck and is watched on tv by his dozens of his illegitimate family members. He loves the view from my coattails, just like you all will when I pass your archaic history. I am the next version, the #countdown is coming boys, and you can't do anything about it...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RCW Power Play 89:
    Heart of Darkness
    PPV Preview

Heart of Darkness will take place on the final Sunday of July 2011 live on pay-per-view from Spokane, Washington.

World Heavyweight Championship
    The Undertaker (C) vs. Edge

Kurt Angle vs. CM Punk

Garrett Darby vs. Rhino

North American Title
    Warrior (C) vs. William Regal

World Tag Team Titles
    Samoa Joe & Michael Jefferson (C) vs. Lex Luger & Scott Steiner

Jeff Hardy & AJ Styles vs. Chris Masters & Nick Nemeth

The Brian Kendrick vs. Jun Akiyama

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look Joe, the dinosaurs are here, where's Chris Pratt when you need him?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Chris Pratt, from Parks and Rec?

#stillonly2011

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Think he meant Sam Neill

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jeff Goldblum

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of that...Is it crazy to anybody else that were in fucking 2011? We started in 1994 guys. We've come a long, long way with this thing. I mean, seriously, we're 18 years in. Our game world could vote for Bernie Sanders for President.

I should do a big extravaganza retrospective after Oblivion XX. In fact, I should start working on it now so it's more manageable. If anybody has any favorite moments or storylines, it'd be great to know what worked well.

And when you consider that this game is the fourth incarnation of the game that I've done, we've come an even longer way. When I first started doing this I was a surly, lonely teenager. Now I'm a surly, lonely adult. Maybe I wasn't a teenager, I don't know, I'm too high to do math right now. The first one of these I did was in 2009 I think. Remember The Homeless Man? Or Lumber Jack Jones? V.F. Stein and Gable. Daniel Cortez-Suarez, oh, and Hero had a dude whose gimmick was that he was an egg. There was the women's division that I thought would be a good idea for some reason. Impy wanted a 400 pound guy with the Whisper in the Wind as his finisher. RCW literally went out of business once because the board was embezzling money. We've had some fun, kids.

That also reminds me, I forgot to post the Hall of Fame stuff. Last year I held off intentionally to wait for Empire, but this year I just forgot to do it. There was a HOF class in 2011 and I will make a post about it, but it will be short and to the point.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vince Vaugn. That's who let the dinos out.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow we have come along way that is awesome and yes it scares me that we're in 2011, I mean soon we'll be in the future!

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Homeless man was an amazing character. I still remember when he turned into moneybags Oliver Jackson. DCS was an awesome character too. I remember someone got murdered too, bit not sure

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Spent an hour or two reading through a few years in this game. Jesus Pip, thank you for doing this, all your hard work is amazing to read back. The Destiny/Braken feud went on until the very end. Beautiful

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a thread for the ages, Maggle!

All kidding aside, it's fun to look through this. I took it serious enough to always have fun. As a matter of fact, it's been the 1st thread I've checked when I log in over the duration of this.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, that really means a lot. I imagine we'll be rolling again before too long by the way. I've been kind of busy with life lately. I'm trying to be more social and do more things outside my room. I'm also working out again and have been working some weird hours at work.

There's still a lot more RCW stories to tell though. And you guys know how it goes by now. We'll have a few weeks with nothing then we'll go through 6 months in a week.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lookin forward to it.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this rate, you should at least attempt to surpass real life time before you finally quit. Or at least, that's a good goal to have. Either way, this is always fun to look at and participate

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to try to get this going again this coming week. My hours at work are being cut, and I can't say I'm disappointed about it. Also, I'm going through some real shit right now and I think this could be a good distraction.

I don't really know how much I'll get done, but at the very least I want to take some time to get back into the game world and look around and figure out where we were and where we were heading and stuff. So if anybody has any storyline ideas to pitch, this is probably a pretty good time.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa

World title please

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JR Slim has a Ric Flair-like last run, with the World Title being his ultimate prize.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    CCW becomes the #2 fed in the world, with Noah Braken and Theo Logan leading the charge!!!

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Seriously though, I'll think on it and send it to you Pip, keep it tight

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait. We're #2? How in the eleven frozen hells? I've gotta to back but I swear the last time I checked it was "hey if everything goes wrong for us and everything goes right for #2 they'll be within spitting distance of us."

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh? We're number one

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    He did say CCW

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh. NVM.

That's a whole different brand of WTF. Our baby league is better than the other two leagues. LOL. We are awesome.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, I don't know if I'll stick to that timeline I laid out or not. To be honest I'm just a fucking heart broken mess right now. I can't sleep, I'm barely remembering to eat. I um, I just don't know when we'll be back.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No rush, Pip. Take your time. We're here if you need any help!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Aye, this place isn't important in the grand scheme mate, keep yourself right and if you need anything don't hesitate to ask mate.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do what you have to do for you, man. We'll be here.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is just an excuse to say hi to all my fellow YWC fans and say I miss you guys. Pipkin, with 2015 ending, I wanted to a) find a cheesy song and b) say hope all is wel.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been up and down lately. I'm still in a pretty weird place emotionally. I've been thinking about posting in the depression thread, but I've been avoiding it because some of the other people over there seem to have so much more consequential problems than I do.

I still think the game will be back eventually, but I really don't know when. I'm working on stuff, but my life is still kind of a mess. Plus, I've lost almost all interest in wrestling. I haven't watched Raw in weeks, I cancelled my WWE Network subscription, and I haven't played TEW in months. I'd still be back in a hurry if Daniel Bryan returned or somebody like Ambrose or Owens won the WWE Title though. I sort of consider myself a wrestling fan on hiatus at the moment. Eventually something will happen to draw me back, but I just don't care about the current product and it's put a damper on the whole industry for me.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's kinda where I'm at with the product, Pip. I watch nxt and breaking ground. My interest in raw is dwindling, and I haven't watched snack down in years.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I still enjoyed NXT, but I was usually about a month behind anyway. I might renew my network subscription to watch the Rumble. I probably will for Mania. Other than that, I don't know. I didn't even watch the last couple of PPVs. All I was doing was watching old NXT shows that I already heard the results for or old Nitros or Raws, and even those were infrequent. Then I spent all my savings on Christmas presents and my hours at work were cut. I mean, I can afford 10 bucks a month, but if I'm not watching it that much anyway why not just take a couple months off and put an extra few bucks in my savings or toward my student loans? I can renew the subscription for a month once in a while and catch up on the good stuff I missed anyway.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm honestly about to drop the Network after Rumble. Maybe re-up depending on the Mania card but since the Rumble always has the least potential for disappointment, I'll probably wait to see after that. Breaking Ground is about to have a Season finale and NXT alone is not enough to keep my interest (Table for 3 is also a good shout).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay gents, time for an update. I was planning to get this going again this summer, but now there is a new version of the game. What I'd like to do is to move this game world over to the new game, but I don't know how easy that will be yet. I have the demo for the new version, but I've barely touched it so I don't have an understanding of the differences yet. I believe I read that databases from the previous version cannot be converted or something because the game is so different, which means I'd have to do it all manually. It would take a lot of work, and I think it might be wiser to devote that work to a new game world instead.

So what I'm thinking is that we use the current game for a little while longer, probably just through one more Oblivion, and call that the end of the game. Then start a new one with the new game. I'm open to ideas though. If we do that, we'd have a few options for how, when, and where to start the new game. We could do another historical game, we could start a competitor to modern day WWE, we could just outright take over WWE and have user characters come up through NXT or something. We've got options.

Basically, I just want to let you guys know that the game isn't dead. I always intended on getting back to it when I started feeling better, I just never really started feeling better. I guess that's just what heartbreak does to you. Anyway, that's the deal right now. I'm also very open to other ideas for how to proceed, all of this is just what I thought of in the last few minutes when I saw this thread while looking for another one and I figured I'd put it off for long enough.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit he still wants to play. Throw a fucking party.

I know it might be a tad boring for you so maybe discount this out the gate but I wouldn't mind doing a similar set up just maybe starting a little farther back if the game system allows it. I found it was really cool to watch real wrestlers come and and go and knowing that such and such date is when big guys were due to make their appearances. And I figure even if we all made the same characters (which I doubt would happen) all the random stuff would put us in brand new scenarios anyway and having different guys to work with also.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm for a new start. Let everyone try something new.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm all in for this.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I love it!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    #KIRARISES

Always up for this mate

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    When we restart... It'll be Shotime!

Omega Level Digimon ImperialStingmon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm definitely in for the new game. You guys'll be shocked for sure this time!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Always happy to cut the same damn promo I've been doing for over a decade.

Bring it!

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be interested in starting as a different character and perhaps in current times, for whatever my opinions are worth.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay folks, I'm going to get the new game up and running this weekend. After considering several different options, I've decided that we're going to begin the game in the 80s. There are several reasons for this. The first is that I found a mod set in 1987 that I'm excited to play. Second, I'm finding that this version of the game plays much faster than past versions, meaning I expect time to pass quicker for us than it did before. So if you don't care for the 80s, we could very well be in the 90s by the end of the Summer.

I'm planning to get a new thread up tonight, so start thinking of those characters!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and here's a "hype video" for the mod we'll be using. It's called "The Golden Age," and it's full of 80s nostalgia.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was eagerly waiting for an update. Had a few new characters in mind but not sure if they'd fit in the 80s. Going to have to brainstorm. Looking forward to this immensely, Pippers.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already on it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Beyond pumped this is back.