User Tag List

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA Clubs

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ultimate Team is also nowhere near where it could be.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't have to be. EA make millions off of it every year anyway. If they keep up the rate that UT's income has grown, within 2 years it'll be bringing in more money than the sales of the game itself.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    They may as well fuck off Fifa and just call it Ultimate team as thats all they seem to give a toss about.
    Fuck, if that is the case then I have been missing out on the biggest part of the game. All I really play is Clubs (shittily), Seasons (shittily) and career.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UT is good fun.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by turdpower View Post
    UT is good fun.
    To an extent it can be. Its also a complete money pit. Once a few months have passed everyone starts playing with the same squads and the blatant cheating that goes on in the games is a disgrace when people are actually paying to play it.

The trouble with UT is that its all they focus on. They throw the other options in but dont really return to them. I use Creation Centre a lot and you have to pay for that yet they havnt fixed it for two years. There are massive threads on the EA FIFA forums about how broke it is (ie you cant bookmark players, players automatically alter to having a 1 rating for tactical awareness and not only do they not fix it they dont even acknowledge peoples issues with it.

But its OK because its happy hour on 1,000,000 coins gold packs with inform players on players that are already overpowered as it is! Not that that does anything. I have bought loads of packs in the past from FIFA 09 onwards and the best player I have ever got is Samir fucking Nasri. Its such a con.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Fuck, if that is the case then I have been missing out on the biggest part of the game. All I really play is Clubs (shittily), Seasons (shittily) and career.
    UT is fun (or at least supposed to be) because there are multiple ways to play it. Some play to try and collect as many players/cards as possible, some enjoy building teams using players from various clubs, some people just want competitive online games, while others play for wealth and bragging rights.

Problem is, it's just too tedious for people who want a quick game. It really isn't a mode you can play unless you put a lot of time and effort into it. Once you're in, it can be addictive, providing you get the hang of it and start to build up a decent team to get you going. But a few don't want to dedicate the time, so you're stuck with a shit team that gets battered online and puts you off.
    They have a webapp on their official site that you can log into and pretty much access the whole mode on the go (minus playing matches), so it's easy to stay on top of things as long as you're up for it.

The mode has a few other pros and cons, but nothing that's worth mentioning or knowing until you get stuck in. Whether its a good or a bad mode is down to the individual. I honestly cant even give you an opinion of my own since I'd probably have a different answer for you every day. One thing I can say for sure is that it is addictive.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to play it loads to get anything out of it.

It was my life for a while and I ended up with Ronaldo, so it's worth it, OK lads?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    I finally got my shit together and played a bit more seasons. Should definitely not play drunk. Threw away a 3-0 lead to lose 4-3 and another 2-0 lead to lose 5-2. Survived relegation on the last game but either of those games would have given me another trophy

Simon
    I'm gonna throw myself into UT when it comes out, as in the end Seasons got a bit frustrating.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    FIFA 14 coming free with every pre-order of an Xbox One in Europe.

Also a unique Ultimate Team Legends for Xbox systems as well that will allow players like Pele to be in your squad.

Good thing I don't care about UT.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    FIFA 14 coming free with every pre-order of an Xbox One in Europe.

Also a unique Ultimate Team Legends for Xbox systems as well that will allow players like Pele to be in your squad.

Good thing I don't care about UT.
    Can't wait for MMH's thoughts on this.

(and he is spot on, it would seem).

Where is Nicky with his annual forum visit to give us teasers about the game?

Simon
    One month away lads. I am gonna toe-tag allcomers on Seasons mode with Spurs.

Simon
    And yeah come on Nicky you shit.

Alf
    Come on Nicky you cunt.

I'm probably not going to bother this year. I only play it about once every 2 months.

The Rosk
    Anyone who plays UT is a fool. This is the end of Rajah United as we know it.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might pick it up after Christmas when its about £20.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Demo for Fifa 14 is out on 10th or 11th September, depending what console you have.

I'm fully prepared to play what feels like the exact same game.

Simon
    It always feels the same at first, then once you're used to it you realise that the little touches actually improve it a lot. There's only so much you can really do to improve a game based on reality, especially when they've spent so many years tweaking it to perfection.

FIFA had this video out literally five minutes after the Bale deal was announced fair play it's very well done.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have finally filled up my seasons' trophy cabinet. every cup has been won

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Popped the demo on download before I went to work.

Is it also coming out on PS4? Do we know what the differences will be?

Simon
    I played it last night. Slow as fuck. They'll have to get it sorted before release because it was crap.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone give the pro evo demo a go?

The commentary etc is absolute dogshite but the new engine is quite interesting. Genuinely not sure which one to go for this year

I ate them before they ate me El Capitano Gatisto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been playing it (Pro E demo) a fair bit today. I like it, looking forward to getting a go against human players. They've sorted the keeper physics out and through-balls look to be a bit more tricky. The multiplayer supposedly matches based on assistance level (so you don't have to play people on fully assisted passing, shooting and through-balls) so it should make things better than the through-ball-fest of last year. Also apparently there's a club rating matching system available in multiplayer too so there's an option other than playing Real Madrid/Barca every time. Raw gameplay seems great apart from those improvements.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano Gatisto View Post
    I've been playing it (Pro E demo) a fair bit today. I like it, looking forward to getting a go against human players. They've sorted the keeper physics out and through-balls look to be a bit more tricky. The multiplayer supposedly matches based on assistance level (so you don't have to play people on fully assisted passing, shooting and through-balls) so it should make things better than the through-ball-fest of last year. Also apparently there's a club rating matching system available in multiplayer too so there's an option other than playing Real Madrid/Barca every time. Raw gameplay seems great apart from those improvements.
    It felt very fluid at times as well. I think I read they spent a lot of the time on this making it about the balls movement rather than all players so the ball kind of moves about as you would expect rather than being dragged into a player animation.

Like the physical battles stuff as well about bracing for contact etc.

Think it might be the winner for me.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Rajah United dead I'll be giving FIFA a miss this year - at least until it drops down to £20-ish. And I get a free copy of Pro Evo every year so if Konami are ever going to win me back this is their chance. Can only hope they don't release a truly terrible game for the first time in years.

I think I said this last year but my friend at Konami said that last year's Pro Evo was always going to be mediocre as they've been working on this year's for about 18 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    It felt very fluid at times as well. I think I read they spent a lot of the time on this making it about the balls movement rather than all players so the ball kind of moves about as you would expect rather than being dragged into a player animation.

Like the physical battles stuff as well about bracing for contact etc.

Think it might be the winner for me.
    Yeah the physicality of it is very good actually, using tricky players is more about keeping the ball in tight and moving in to space rather than trying to use R1 to just run past people. Getting the ball in to feet and trying to turn in to space is nice and realistic, the harder you make you your turn, the slower the player is to shift his weight in that direction and this obviously depends on the size and skill level of the player too. Looks like the game will be about patience in attack and defence, while there seems to be a nice balance between strength, pace and technique.

Not sold on the new set-piece system, however.

I've got a pre-order in. Obviously it could all go to pot when you play against humans and discover there are exploits (as there always are) to be used. I definitely think they have fixed the through-balls issue, though it was pretty easy to defend against that in online play anyway against players who couldn't do anything else. The fixation on it was just annoying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    With Rajah United dead I'll be giving FIFA a miss this year - at least until it drops down to £20-ish. And I get a free copy of Pro Evo every year so if Konami are ever going to win me back this is their chance. Can only hope they don't release a truly terrible game for the first time in years.

I think I said this last year but my friend at Konami said that last year's Pro Evo was always going to be mediocre as they've been working on this year's for about 18 months.
    They haven't released a truly terrible game since maybe the first one on the new gens. Last year's was a good game, much better football game than FIFA, apart from the age-old licenses issue.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played both demos yesterday. I think this is the first time in years where Pro Evo have made a significant improvement while FIFA has actually declined.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They haven't released a truly terrible game since maybe the first one on the new gens. Last year's was a good game, much better football game than FIFA, apart from the age-old licenses issue.
    It really wasn't a better game than FIFA. Just far from it. I played it a fair bit and just found it to be nowhere near as challenging or realistic as FIFA is. I actually preferred that terrible first 'next gen' game because whilst it looked rubbish and was buggy at least it had the classic PS2 Pro Evo engine behind it instead of the one they use now.

We're obviously not going to agree on that though.

I'm liking the idea of concentrating on Pro Evo this year. I hate being a FIFA wanker.
    Last edited by Beefy; September 13th, 2013 at 6:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We maybe don't agree on which is better but to call it a terrible game last year is just nonsense. I played both as well, as I was contemplating buying FIFA just for the online antics, but FIFA was sluggish and didn't have any nuance to it at all. Pro Evo felt more like a game of football in the pace of the play and the players. The issue for it for me that stopped it being a really top class game, as I mentioned, was the through-balls, how easy they were to play and then the effect on the game online which became a through-ball-fest much of the time. The goalkeeper physics (a long-standing issue going back to the very beginning) were also a problem, in saying that, but far from a new one.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Downloaded both demos last night and genuinely don't know why FIFA gets so much love just seems to be the same crap every year (of course the full game could be vastly different and i'm being harsh on the demos)

Judging by the demos and the one I rented the other year (because Pro Evo was awful that year and you lot were raving about it being the greatest football game ever) theres not a been decent FIFA game since 98- The Road To The World Cup.

Simon
    The demos are crap every year, but the games are always great.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought last years Pro Evo about 3 months ago.

I actually really enjoyed it. However, it's much easier to twat in absolute stunners, which was fun to begin with.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
    Downloaded both demos last night and genuinely don't know why FIFA gets so much love just seems to be the same crap every year (of course the full game could be vastly different and i'm being harsh on the demos)

Judging by the demos and the one I rented the other year (because Pro Evo was awful that year and you lot were raving about it being the greatest football game ever) theres not a been decent FIFA game since 98- The Road To The World Cup.
    FIFA '98 is the most overrated football game ever. The amount of teams and doing transfers and all that was great but as soon as you started a match you realised it was utter gash - this was the same with just about every FIFA game until about 2008. ISS 64 and 98 were miles better and I'm sure the Playstation equivalents were the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FIFA 96 and 98 were ridiculously shit. I stuck with ISS anyway. The fake names made it even better.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But RTWC 98 had Blur in the opening credits!

Anyway, Adidas Power Soccer > *

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Yes but will PES have these new celebrations?!?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Wonder if part of the FIFPro contract that everyone signs there is a bit of fine print that says "and you may have to dance and look like a fucking idiot in a FIFA game if someone chooses to do a ridiculous celebration".

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only ever played Sensible Soccer until I played the first FIFA when I was about 6 or 7. Even at that age it felt like step backwards in terms of gameplay. But when they got real club names etc around '96, '97 I got jealous of my mates and really wanted a FIFA game but as soon as I got an N64 with ISS I stopped giving a fuck. Someone ended up getting me FIFA '98 for my birthday one year and I had to pretend I was chuffed playing as Larsson for Celtic when secretly i was wishing I was smashing one in with ALLEJO for Brazil.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not many of his teams mates give a fuck despite Joe Hart scoring.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    FIFA '98 is the most overrated football game ever. The amount of teams and doing transfers and all that was great but as soon as you started a match you realised it was utter gash - this was the same with just about every FIFA game until about 2008. ISS 64 and 98 were miles better and I'm sure the Playstation equivalents were the same.
    It was probably shit to be fair but I remember enjoying it until I played Pro Evo for the first time (Ince and Ravanelli on the cover) since then I've just stuck to PES as it's always been the better game.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember getting Fifa every year because I didn't know any different until about 2004. Then Hobbit kept banging on about PES4 and so I bought it and it changed my life, until 2009 when it got shit again.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    FIFA 98 RTWC is single handedly responsible for my love of football so I agree with Gary J, it is the greatest footballing game ever made.

Simon
    ISS 98 is pound for pound the best football game ever made IMO. Ronarid and Larcos up front for Brazil.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    ISS 98 is pound for pound the best football game ever made IMO. Ronarid and Larcos up front for Brazil.
    I only had a PC so easily piratable FIFA 98 is where it all began.

And now, 16 editions later, I am still rubbish.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As hard as they try EA can't make you any less Australian Grim

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    As hard as they try EA can't make you any less Australian Grim
    But even that's not true. Ask Matthew, Torn, Mikey, Fanny, Alex, BBF, Lagom, Rune... I can't even put in a crunching tackle. And I'm not even a decent goalkeeper.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's saying you're naturally shit because you're Australian, mate.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YEAH I WAS

Think I've decided on PES lads

Simon
    Some of the PES faces are hilarious.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rafael is terrifying spotted that in the demo.

Not sure the face scans matter to me this year I dunno. Like the menus are shit, the commentary is shit and the face scans are shit but it feels quite fun to play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pro E has never been the game for people worried about the gay added frills. Fake names and fake teams and mad faces are part of it all.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty certain Michael Owen had a moustache on Fifa 98.

Simon
    Wayne Routledge was jet black on one instalment of the game. As in so black you could mistake him for very very very very very very very very dark blue.

Alf
    Sheringham being asian in the 98 version was incredible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone is not getting Fifa this year, or doesn't play Ultimate Team but has access to the Web App, any chance of some free cards?

Simon

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I refuse to believe that is real.

REFUSE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pro Evo 2014 is a great football game offline, but the online is totally fucked. For one, the vast majority of X-Box users can't get online because they ballsed up a day 1 patch. I used a work-around that's online but I wish I hadn't. When you get online, the game still has the same issues that has plagued it for years, only worse. This game blatantly isn't finished but has been rushed out ahead of FIFA. Just atrocious treatment of customers.

Also part of the problem is that I've been playing quick match so ending up playing Spanish and French twats with awful connections who pick Real Madrid and Barcelona constantly.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's irritating. Online is a big deal for me nowadays and it is one thing that FIFA undoubtedly does well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is irritating, infuriating even. It's a superb football game but the online play, so far, breaks down once again to having fast strikers and knocking the ball over the top. Playing Real Madrid and Barcelona is a through-ball exploit-fest.

Although probably what I should do is go to advanced through-ball settings and then get matched to other players with that on, possibly may take that away.

It probably will get fixed up, it's just annoying buying a game and having to wait while they finish it. Seems to happen so often these days. Black Ops II never did get its online properly fixed, it's still a match-making hellhole. Manufacturers need to realise that keeping match-making local is best, playing dickheads from Europe with shite internet fucks it all up for the rest of us.

*user status change*
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Come on Nicky you cunt.

I'm probably not going to bother this year. I only play it about once every 2 months.
    Sorry lads, only just done the yearly vanity search. I will be sure to check back next August.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pro Evo still haven't fixed their day 1 patch problem on X-Box. They've basically burnt away all my goodwill because I've paid for a game they couldn't be arsed finishing. If this was ten years ago and I was still playing games regularly with mates around or around at their places, this would be a fantastic game, but the online is a shitfest.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Been playing PES 2014 today fantastic game best Pro Evo game since the PS2 days. There's a bit of lag at times but apart from that I've no complaints (haven't gone online yet though)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried out the FIFA 14 demo just because the Pro Ev problems fucked me off so much, but it's just complete shit compared to Pro Ev. It's like an arcade game. It doesn't look or play as good as Pro Evo, the pace of the game is all wrong. If I hadn't got Pro Ev 2014 first, maybe I'd have been able to live with it, but Konami nailed their on pitch game this year, even moreso than other years, and it feels so much better to play. Obviously the problems I've complained about above are major, but I wouldn't trade it in for FIFA, I'll keep it and wait for online to be fixed.

Simon
    I still haven't decided whether or not to get FIFA 14. It's out on Friday and normally it would be a no-brainer, but fuck me the demo was SO bad I can't decide whether to risk it or not. Think I'll wait for the reviews.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not getting because i got all my jollies out on fifa 13 and might just skip over this year's product.

especially with gta and madden and stuff which i have been playing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still haven't decided whether or not to get FIFA 14. It's out on Friday and normally it would be a no-brainer, but fuck me the demo was SO bad I can't decide whether to risk it or not. Think I'll wait for the reviews.
    I hated the demo, but I got it anyway because I get it every year. Players' first touch really pissed me off the most about the demo, but it must've gotten fixed because it hasn't bothered me yet on the actual game.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I tried out the FIFA 14 demo just because the Pro Ev problems fucked me off so much, but it's just complete shit compared to Pro Ev. It's like an arcade game. It doesn't look or play as good as Pro Evo, the pace of the game is all wrong. If I hadn't got Pro Ev 2014 first, maybe I'd have been able to live with it, but Konami nailed their on pitch game this year, even moreso than other years, and it feels so much better to play. Obviously the problems I've complained about above are major, but I wouldn't trade it in for FIFA, I'll keep it and wait for online to be fixed.
    Go make a fucking pro evo thread then you fanboy bitch!

Simon
    Blimey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Go make a fucking pro evo thread then you fanboy bitch!
    sof started posting about Pro Ev in here you fat ugly cunt, so here's where the discussion lies.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Blimey.
    Im only pissing about lad.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jones View Post
    I hated the demo, but I got it anyway because I get it every year. Players' first touch really pissed me off the most about the demo, but it must've gotten fixed because it hasn't bothered me yet on the actual game.
    I know there's a big patch planned for when it comes out to fix the issues, such as finesse shots and crosses/corners being ridiculously overpowered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me know if/when this year's Rajah club team starts. Tired of playing drop-in games with selfish no-passing cunts.

The Rosk
    Rajah United is dead. I would love it to come back but we barely played this last game. 11 was its peak.

*user status change*
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_Jones View Post
    I know there's a big patch planned for when it comes out to fix the issues, such as finesse shots and crosses/corners being ridiculously overpowered
    Aye, should be live soon. Demo build is older than disk build too which is why it feels different.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought it and I don't really know why.

You just do, don't you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same Turds, I drove 45 minutes to get it at midnight with my mate, played til ~4am, got up at 7 to be at work for 8.

Utterly ridiculous.

I was going to pick up Pro Evo too, but after Cappy mentioning the online problems, I've not bothered. I don't play offline enough to warrant spending that much money on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lagom, turds (assuming you have a 360), British people: anyone up for playing online later today? Say 6 or 7 pm GMT?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS3 sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm devastated.

The Rosk
    360?

asghkadghlkjagwgwr

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I also didn't own a Betamax or a HD DVD player.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pro Evo....

Simon
    Ahahahaha

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a very odd piece of commentary. Alan Smith described my finish as being like something from a video game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pro Evo....
    FIFA

sometimes reads books
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pro Evo....
    FIFA

These are terrifying.

Simon
    Now that you lads have had the game for a while, is it any good? Cos the official reviews don't seem to tally AT ALL with user reviews. On Metacritic the official reviews have it as a high 8, whereas user reviews have it as a low 4. Which is probably worth a topic in itself, it seems to be completely accepted now that reviewers take backhanders to give positive reviews for shit games. Probably always happened but seems to be all-pervasive now.

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you actually read any of the metacritic reviews? Someone gives it a 10, then someone gives it a 0 to counter the 10, then someone says "I've seen a zero so I'm giving a 10 to balance it out" and so it goes.

They usually amount to this

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which is probably worth a topic in itself, it seems to be completely accepted now that reviewers take backhanders to give positive reviews for shit games. Probably always happened but seems to be all-pervasive now.
    On that subject, not really. The few times it has happened were blatant and eventually well exposed, plus the majority of the big names will just refuse to get involved, and they'll get more web traffic for a negative review than a positive one which is their goal.

Rather than backhanders, publishers are trying to push traditional reviewers out of the picture. They're looking to the young youtube celebrities who release 5 videos a day of them playing something and going "BLAAHAWAWOAOAO" over it with 10 million subscribers. All they have to do is send them a free copy of the game and they'll go all starry eyed and keep the publisher happy to keep sending more free games.

Simon
    Why do you want me to be unhappy, The Rogerer?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that Marlon Dingle in that video?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that you lads have had the game for a while, is it any good? Cos the official reviews don't seem to tally AT ALL with user reviews. On Metacritic the official reviews have it as a high 8, whereas user reviews have it as a low 4. Which is probably worth a topic in itself, it seems to be completely accepted now that reviewers take backhanders to give positive reviews for shit games. Probably always happened but seems to be all-pervasive now.
    It's pretty much the same as 13, but a bit better.

Goalkeepers seem to make a few more errors (or at least don't save everything) to keep things interesting and your own team mates make more intelligent runs. Pace isn't a thing on this one like it was last year, power seems to play just as bigger role.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazon have an offer on the new Fifa this morning. £30 on both Xbox & PS3

Simon
    Oh good, well luckily I didn't pay £47 from HMV on a whim on Saturday morning.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Savage. To rub more salt into the wound...

If you use this, you can get a further tenner off it...

https://www.bespokeoffers.co.uk/cons...e-for-5--5eb90

Bit late for me but for anyone else who wants to use it, it works...

Simon
    Fuck you Clive Plasma.

BC 4 Lyfe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played 14 on the Xbone on Friday. It seemed painfully slow at first but I got used to it. It was fun but it didn't make me want to rush and buy the new one.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck you Clive Plasma.
    Take it back, get a refund and buy it again?