Page 357 of 357 FirstFirst ... 257307327347355356357
Results 3,561 to 3,569 of 3569

Thread: FIFA Clubs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hlebsfall View Post
    I can't defend for shit on this. I literally think I've made about 4 successful tackles, I can only get the ball back when the other team fucks up a pass. Square doesn't seem to do fuck all, if I stand off players they just run straight past me, and I can't even get close to slide players to foul them, let alone tackle.
    Defending is definitely harder in this, but what's sad is that I've been shit at defending for some time now. So now I'm levels below even the shit defending that most people are doing.

Having said that, I only just recently discovered something that I never knew was a thing with standing tackles. The longer you hold the tackle button, you're actually charging up a bar similar to your pass and shooting power, where the longer you hold it, the harder you tackle and the further out you reach. I don't know if this has been in for years or if its something new with FIFA18. I mentioned it to one of my mates and it was news to him.
    But basically it some what explained why there would be times where my defender would just stand there and attempt a weak tackle that did nothing while the attacker ran circles around me. I normally tend to try and time the tackles with a simple tap of the button. What I need to be doing is trying to read the opponent, position myself, and then charge up a stronger tackle to take him out.

Like I said, I'm still shit at defending. But that bit of info seems like quite a significant change to tackling that I'm guessing not enough people are aware of.

I ate them before they ate me El Capitano Gatisto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hlebsfall View Post
    I can't defend for shit on this. I literally think I've made about 4 successful tackles, I can only get the ball back when the other team fucks up a pass. Square doesn't seem to do fuck all, if I stand off players they just run straight past me, and I can't even get close to slide players to foul them, let alone tackle.
    I can defend ok most of the time but the lack of responsive of defenders to runs and loose balls is getting irritating. Attackers are very responsive. It needs balanced out a bit, not as much auto-defending as last year but at least some reaction to a loose ball. Keepers are better since the patch but crosses are still over-powered.

The Beast From Belarus Hlebsfall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gradually getting there with it. If any of you are struggling with World Class, or even Professional, try a game on legendary, I swear it seems easier than either of them. I think it might be because the AI goes full on attack, but if you've got quick wingers, you can pick them off piss easy.

Legend
    RFF Championship Winner. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just play clubs hlebsy.

The Beast From Belarus Hlebsfall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're not on 18 yet are you? I'll jump in when you've all made the move. I've started playing FUT, never really gave it a chance before as I just thought it was a cashgrab by EA. It's pretty good, you can get a semi decent team together with the money you earn through playing matches.

Legend
    RFF Championship Winner. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few of us are getting there. I reckon we will all be playing in a FIFA 18 club by the end of next week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill be in for this year.

I need to get some use out of this god awful game.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even after the patch this is fucking terrible. Is it just me? It's almost unplayable, it's a waste of time trying to defend, and attacking is pathetically easy, you can basically walk through defences if your attacker is agile. They've made a complete bollocks of this.

I ate them before they ate me El Capitano Gatisto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm reasonably happy with the defending now, but yeah it's laughable playing someone who can't defend. Just played two FUT games, won 5-1 and 14-0. I find covering the passing lines and keeping players in position works better than actively trying to chase the ball down, as it's easy to pass round players, which was effective in 17 too but there was much more auto-defending. Most average players you can predict where they want to go. Crosses are undefendable at times though, most people don't seem to have figured this out after they were useless in 17.

If you get someone playing a high pressure-high aggression game in this it can be very easy to completely dick them, whereas that was very effective in 17.

Thread Information