Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: What feuds/character developments would you like to see post Mania?

Rajah Lottery Winner Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    William Regal vs Dean Ambrose.

I've never bothered to look up much developmental stuff (other than Kevin Fertig -- completely misused... Very, very talented...)

Dean Ambrose's shit's legit, and the stuff he did with Regal was fucking awesome. I'd love to see it done in the big leagues.

Midcarder
    I think it'd shock the world if, say at the end of summerslam or survivor series, rock returns, perhaps to fight a match, but do a heel turn and join forces with Lesnar. Almost as an Old Guard thing. He becomes a Hollywood chickenshit type heel hiding behind the power of Lesnar to get him to climb the ranks of world title contendership. At the same time, he can be part of the mouthpiece Brock sometimes might need.

Rock wins the rumble (with help from brock, who instead destroys a guy like Sheamus in a single's match on that card) and challenges [TBD] at Mania for the WWE title. Brock faces UT for the World Title --> they could turn this one into a real shoot style buildup...complete with UFC-like profiles and expert opinions, something like a weigh in. Brock to this point has not lost in his return and has beaten guys like Cena, Orton and Seamus throughout the year.

Rock faces whoever the world champ is. should be a strong face. I put TBD cuz Punk could work, if they don't pair him with Austin. If they do, then it's Rock v Cena 2

Then your top 3 matches for WM29 are
    Brock v Taker
    Rock v Cena 2
    Austin v Punk.

I think while this isn't the greatest way to present Brock, it ensures it keeps him lively for an entire year. Does the same for the Rock. At the same time, if Brock is gone the day after Mania and he's destroyed a bunch of young top tier guys on his weight out then Rock might still be around to give some of that heat back. If Brock renews, even better

I just keep thinking that at the end of this year, at least 2 of these 3 people should come off as icons somehow - CM Punk, Orton and John Cena. Because the day after WM 29, they could conceivably be the only credible main event guys still working a regular schedule. They have to be big enough stars to elevate the next-level guys like Bryan, Del Rio, Miz and Ziggler who've been held down because of the returning stars - Taker, Lesnar, Rock, Austin...You know HHH will throw himself in there.

I know it's a stale point and I am all for the value Rock, Lesnar, Taker streak, Austin and yes even HHH can bring ... But this is the first time I've thought the booking was THIS dependent on temporary, older stars who need to crush the younger, or current talent to make nearly every angle work. Yet it's a model that has a short lifespan as you will run out of temporary drawing icons who don't work live events and diminsh the value of your current roster.

The Rock turn won't get either him or Lesnar boo'd but it sets up a passionate dichotomy between old school and new school fans...that fueled the Cena/Rock match for the past 12 months and brought edginess back to their TV. And if Cena is joined by guys who others like, Punk, Orton, Daniels, Cody Rhodes, Mark Henry, a hot new rookie and they get the perception to look good at Mania 29, they'll have elevated the post WM29 roster and continue the momentum the established stars restarted for them.

The Enemy Strikes Black Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Didn't you already post this in another thread?

Midcarder
    ya. no oe is in that one

Intercontinental Champion chatty's Avatar
    bump from this time last year (well just about)

What about this year?

I've been waiting for Kofi Kingston to gain some character dimension and actually do something productive.

Inter Milandy
    I'd like to see Dolph Ziggler and Daniel Bryan stuck firmly in the main event. Bryan needs a new finishing move and entrance music though.

I'd also like some decent feuds for the IC, US and Tag titles. It's not like they don't have the roster for it.

Intercontinental Champion
    John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan. Bryan is due for a heel turn and a singles push, and he's one of the few guys on the roster Cena hasn't worked with. I think there's a very good feud to be had between the two of them and the matches would be excellent.

I'd like to see Ryder turn heel. They probably have no interest in pushing him, but if they did having him turn heel because he's gotten nowhere trying to please the fans would be a good start.

I want to see Dolph Ziggler as World Heavyweight Champion. I think Alberto should hold the title for a few more months, but when he drops it I hope it's to Dolph.

Del Rio vs. CM Punk. Because they haven't worked together and Punk doesn't really have much of anything else to do.

Ryback or Sheamus should face Lesnar at Summerslam. It's time they used the part-timers to put over some of the guys who are there full-time.

Speaking of Sheamus they should do a Sheamus/Cena Ultimate Challenge type match at some point this year. They haven't faced off since Sheamus went face and was elevated to true world champion status.

Titus O'Neill should get a singles push. Put Percy Watson with Darren Young and make them the new Primetime Players.

Cesaro should be elevated into the main event. Kane is probably the most obvious candidate to job to him. If Jericho sticks around after Wrestlemania he would also be a good choice.

Swagger should be put in a tag team. Presumably they're going to drop him down the card for his DUI. This would be a good chance to give Alex Riley something to do. The Real American Americans.

McGillicutty and Ted DiBiase could be a tag team too. The Nepotists?

I'd like to see Kane and Miz form a tag team. Just seems like a fun combination.

Orton should turn heel. Time to freshen things up and bring back the old sadistic bastard. Maybe make him silent too. That way we don't have to sit through any more terrible Orton promos. Unfortunately this would probably lead to another round of Cena/Orton matches. Generally their matches have been good. There just have been too many of them.

Inter Milandy
    As much as I like Cesaro I don't think he's ready for the main event yet.

Intercontinental Champion chatty's Avatar
    This year I'd like to see them continue to work on the tag division bit instead of throwing a load of guys together short term, actually look to make them long term tag teams with a name, similar outfits, double team moves, you know a lot of properly themed tag teams who can hang around there for the next 2-3 years before looking at pushing them singularly. You have Alex Riley, Bo Dallas, Brad Maddox, Brodus, Camacho, Hawkins, Otunga, Bourne, Jackson, Khali, Hunico, JTG, Gabriel, Ryan, McGuilicuty, Santino, Dibiase, Tensai, Kid, Tatsu and Ryder who are all apparently on the main roster doing nothing. Tell the bookers to take a look, make some matches between them, give them a gimmick and push them.

They appear so with some, I'll give them that but lets have Tensai and Brodus your comedy tag-team but their both big guys so let them do some destruction in the ring. Get them some matching dancing outfits and make them a proper team. Neither are going anyway up the card so why not. Change Tensais name to something more appropriate as well. Pair someone like Jackson with Otunga for a heal team and when Kidds back put him back with Gabriel and give them a gimmick, however small and let them be the workhorses of the division. Dallas and Dibiase can play of their dads tag days and team up through that, give them a mouth piece and lets see what they can do.

Theres a few ideas for teams to go with PTP, Epico/Primo, Uso's etc - they just need a chance to go out there and do something. If they have no faith in these guys then they should just end their contracts - its OK to have some jobbers but theres about ten there and thats too many.

Thread Information