User Tag List

Thread: Survivor Debate Championship

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Survivor Debate Championship

For this round, the same rules from the previous round are in effect. I will copy them here once I can get my laptop fixed.

Rules:

- 2 posts each team (1 per team member), 350 words a post. No going over.
    posting will be done alternately so no posting twice in a row.
    - Quoting another poster or linking a source does not count towards your word count, but quoting a source in thread does. Judges are not required to view anything not contained in the thread,
    - Each poster will be entitled to 1 picture and video per round. No more otherwise it just gets messy.
    - After each post, you’ll be allowed 30 minutes to edit to make minor changes. Over that, and I’ll get a mod to revert it back to the original.
    - Three mystery judges will select the winner.

Topic: Over the next year, we will undoubtedly see several title changes. Your task is to choose a wrestler who has not held the WWE or heavyweight title since the previous wrestlemania who should definitely enjoy a title run of at least 3 months between now and wrestlemania 2013.
    Last edited by Mazer; April 1st, 2012 at 10:20 AM.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This debate will close Monday at 9 pm. If three posts have been made by then, I will consider a brief extension for a final post.

The first team to post will receive 50 bonus words on their first post allotment.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The answer is clearly Chris Jericho. Since his long-haired Y2J days, he's always been one of the best characters in the WWE in terms of his ability to work the mic and make a feud interesting. He's been feuding with WWE Champion CM Punk since his return at the beginning of the year but hasn't won back the gold yet. He's only had one reign as WWE champion in his career, which is a travesty. Jericho's better than that. Hell, the one time he did win it he would become the first ever UNDISPUTED CHAMPION and forever put an end to the WCW championship. He's got the charisma to carry a lead storyline/feud on either brand. He's got the ring skills (okay I can't really vouch for this since I haven't seen him wrestle in a while, but he was great last I remember). You know he's going to win it back soon, as he should. It would be great for the WWE.

"I hate to rain on the parade of this so-called new champion here, but Junior, put on your slicker because there's gonna be a downpour!"
    -Chris Jericho
    Last edited by Fro; April 2nd, 2012 at 8:45 PM.

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The answer to across the board ratings declines is not to rehash a small scale attitude era star. It’s to build new stars and there are few fresh faces in WWE better than Dolph Ziggler.

I love Jericho but even in his absolute heyday he was never the top guy or top draw. Now he’s a 41 year old part timer. What does WWE gain from giving him a run, particularly one that takes up a quarter of the year? Also, is he changing shows because I see no reason for CM Punk to lose any of the steam he’s been building against an over-the-hill part timer…

Ziggler on the other hand is young, durable, talented and there on a full time basis. He’s already shown that he can hang with the biggest names on the roster in feuds with guys like CM Punk and Edge. He’s a guy that can hang with anyone out there on the mic, a guy that looks the part and already one of the very best in-ring competitors on the WWE roster. Basically, he’s everything Jericho is but full time and younger.

In a time when business is down across the board WWE needs to look to the future and solidify guys that might bring the company out of this quagmire. Lets not repeat the mistakes that lead to WCW’s demise and leave the creation of new stars on the back-burner until it’s too late. Dolph is the total package and needs a nice reign to finally solidify him as a true top dog. 2012 is the time to let him shine and see if he can catch fire. We already know what Jericho can bring and it’s not helping the overall decline, so lets see what a younger version of himself can do.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Just read these both... I don't know which one I would have favoured.

Fro does the cardinal mistake of undercutting his own argument (re: Jericho's ring skills) while Matty spends too much time talking about Jericho IMO.

Fro makes an argument for Jericho, Matty seemed to be making a rebuttal of Jericho with very little text being given to Ziggler specifically.