Page 105 of 114 FirstFirst ... 5557595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1133

Thread: The Rock vs John Cena. The Match of the Decade?

I love Cena. Find him massively entertaining, and love how consistently great he is in big matches, which really is a rare thing for most wrestlers.

That said, yeah the guy needs this to go somewhere for his own good.

I hate how consistently disappointing he is in big matches.

Ive been thinking and Cena losing would be a bad idea...it would be terrible not just for him but for the WWE. The Rock would clearly show he is a step over the WWE's present top star. The message would be: "it doesnt matter what we do, our product would never top the past years." Its ICON vs ICON of different eras. Cena must win the match to help the WWE's future. The Rock isnt even in his prime and hasnt wrestled a single match since 2002...the WWE product will look so weak with Cena losing, as if it wasnt enough. Right now The Rock is more a hollywood actor than a wrestler... having a good match would be enough for him to show how great he is. Cena must win the match ...he doesnt have other option. And if Rock really loves the business he would be fine with doing the job.

I don't doubt for a second that Rock will do whatever he is asked to do. Him losing would still be a horrible booking decision though, IMO.

Plus we're not talking about John Cena facing a returning Headbanger Mosh or Steve Blackman (although I live for the day). There'd be no shame in losing to an in-his-prime Rock.

Yeah, completely agree with Beefy again. Even though the Rock has found great success elsewhere, he's is still associated as a wrestler by both the casual media and by WWE fans. It's not like if Ashton Kutcher beat John Cena in the main event of Wrestlemania.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JAROTO View Post
    Ive been thinking and Cena losing would be a bad idea...it would be terrible not just for him but for the WWE. The Rock would clearly show he is a step over the WWE's present top star. The message would be: "it doesnt matter what we do, our product would never top the past years." Its ICON vs ICON of different eras. Cena must win the match to help the WWE's future. The Rock isnt even in his prime and hasnt wrestled a single match since 2002...the WWE product will look so weak with Cena losing, as if it wasnt enough. Right now The Rock is more a hollywood actor than a wrestler... having a good match would be enough for him to show how great he is. Cena must win the match ...he doesnt have other option. And if Rock really loves the business he would be fine with doing the job.
    No the message or at least the thread to pick up is John you couldn't rise above this guy. John you couldn't quite get the win for the boys in the back. John maybe being there every night isn't quite enough to make you an all time great. Maybe if you focussed on yourself a bit more instead of always 'putting yourself ahead of others' you might have been able to get it done. Maybe if instead of getting involved with Kane to protect Zach Ryder you had been looking out for your own needs and interests the Rock wouldn't have humiliated you in Miami.

Then all of a sudden he goes OHH SHIT YEAH WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT. BOSH!

I think Zachs the guy to turn him. In both senses of that phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    I don't doubt for a second that Rock will do whatever he is asked to do. Him losing would still be a horrible booking decision though, IMO.

Plus we're not talking about John Cena facing a returning Headbanger Mosh or Steve Blackman (although I live for the day). There'd be no shame in losing to an in-his-prime Rock.
    Its all about WWE's future. You have a guy who beat the Rock...there would always be the doubt if Cena could have beaten Rock in his prime. So Rock is fine...he doesnt need to win. On the other hand Cena would have become a much bigger star. In a future you will have "The guy who beat The Rock in the biggest match of all time" vs "The young gun". Thats how you build stars. Guys like Ziggler (just to name someone) need that kind of opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by JAROTO View Post
    Its all about WWE's future. You have a guy who beat the Rock...there would always be the doubt if Cena could have beaten Rock in his prime. So Rock is fine...he doesnt need to win. On the other hand Cena would have become a much bigger star. Ina future you will have "The guy who beat The Rock in the biggest match of all time" vs "The young gun". Thats how you build stars. Guys like Ziggler need that kind of opportunity.
    A victory means little it's the manner of it that matters. What happens before and after. John Cena has had a lot of rub and victories over a long period of time, he has the kind of heat or whatever to help get someone like Ziggler over already and this wouldn't diminish it.
    Infact they have a Old School vs New School match between Cena and Taker in I think 2002 (it might have been 2003) and had Taker win so they've done it before

Thread Information