User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was terrible with having a central base on my first run. Wasted money on every house I could buy and had all my loot so spread out that I didn't know where anything was. Really liked the Solitude one in the end.

Really will want to platinum this.

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There isn't much else to spend the gold on really, from memory, other than pricey high-level unique spells or skill training. Didn't go far into the Dawnguard story, maybe there's more there to spend. Pretty much every weapon and armour type can be looted depending on your level, except the super-spesh ones.

Ay the Solitude gaff was decent, but I was well into alchemy and found a lack of storage there compared to the bottomless satchel on the alchemy table in Whiterun. However there was a handy exploit when buying the property from the Jarl where you could quickly stuff all your cash in a cupboard mid-conversation and they'd finish the transaction, end the dialogue letting you retrieve your wad and giving you the house for free. Assuming that's been patched out?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd mainly just buy stuff to craft with, sell it, wait a few in game days, buy more, craft more, sell it.

That and the little bastard I adopted that begged for money every time I walked in the house. Get a job, bitch.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whiterun or Riften were always the best for me. Less doors to go through, less loading time, more storage and more people to sell to or smithy with. Whiterun in particular has most everything you need within one door.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McGregor View Post
    There isn't much else to spend the gold on really, from memory, other than pricey high-level unique spells or skill training. Didn't go far into the Dawnguard story, maybe there's more there to spend. Pretty much every weapon and armour type can be looted depending on your level, except the super-spesh ones.

Ay the Solitude gaff was decent, but I was well into alchemy and found a lack of storage there compared to the bottomless satchel on the alchemy table in Whiterun. However there was a handy exploit when buying the property from the Jarl where you could quickly stuff all your cash in a cupboard mid-conversation and they'd finish the transaction, end the dialogue letting you retrieve your wad and giving you the house for free. Assuming that's been patched out?
    I pretty much exclusively use money for training.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to save up to buy all the houses and upgrades then anything else goes on training. I'm a ridiculous collector/hoarder in that I like to decorate my houses with all the unique items like the Falmer's eye and Pelagius' hip bone, I also try to collect one of each book and organise them by type in different houses eg keep the lore books in Markarth, spells in Solitude etc. Most of all I like to kit out the all the mannequins with the unique armours. Also I'm gay. Fuck me I need to get the special edition.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But Riften is always my base because it's small, giving easy access to the smith and different merchants I can buy and sell from.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you work on collecting ingredients, crafting and alchemy you never need to worry about money ever.

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the only downside with the house in Whiterun is that it doesn't have an arcane enchanting table thing, you have to nip up to Dragonsreach to borrow one. I believe the other pre-builds do, or you can include one when/if you build your own house.

My chap is having a rough time at the mo, I have died a lot even just by the wildlife, I don't remember it being this difficult although it could be because I'm trying to avoid sneaky archery. Lydia's getting on my tits so I've parked her at Dragonsreach carrying my heavy stuff until I can afford a house. Also trying to initiate the Dawnguard quest to stop those bastard vampire attacks but I think they've changed the route? I'm sure it used to be via an unmarked cave on the eastern mountains?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS4 and XBone Skyrim are $25 on an Amazon Flack Friday/Thanksgiving sale right now.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mozambique
    Bumping this thread. Pulled it out the other day and have been playing it nonstop again. My character is a traditional block and one-handed Imperial.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody played the VR version?

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just got it, downloading now. Very excited

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any good? I really want this to be good.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    Any good? I really want this to be good.
    It's not too bad, the move controllers with it is a bit of a nightmare though. Much better with the normal controllers. Still looks pretty good really.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I got a free three week trial with VR, with Skyrim included. I had a blast, but Skyrim is my favorite videogame of all time. In my main game, I triple legendary'd destruction magic.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a Skyrim t-shirt today.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeSplitter View Post
    I got a free three week trial with VR, with Skyrim included. I had a blast, but Skyrim is my favorite videogame of all time. In my main game, I triple legendary'd destruction magic.
    I did that with smithing on my latest run. I was power leveling enchanting and alchemy and smithing went nutty in the process. Got a fully leveled archery legendary too, but didn't want to start that tree over again.