Page 355 of 355 FirstFirst ... 255305325345353354355
Results 3,541 to 3,549 of 3549

Thread: Who's Next?

Joanna J's next title defense will come vs Rose Namajunas at UFC 217.

That's cool. I can't see how Rose could beat her though.

Yeah, I don't think she does. She's coming off an emphatic win on a FOX card and there's nobody else that Joanna hasn't already beat (once or twice) so I get it but she's riding a one fight win streak with a spotty record to boot. This is a hard sell for me.

It does seem the UFC have been angling for Thug Rose to make it to another title fight. She was the one they were calling the next Ronda Rousey. They also called Phillpe Nover the next Anderson Silva and then he passed out on the 2nd day haha. Should be a decent fight but I think Joanna just runs through her like a hot knife through butter.

Bisping vs GSP has been officially signed for UFC 217 at MSG.

Pretty surreal. GSP is one of my top 2 or 3 favorites of all time, and for years I couldn't stand Mike, but I honestly don't care who wins. GSP winning and being the middleweight champ would feel like I was dreaming but if Bisping wins he has perhaps the greatest MMA story of all time to tell. Hollywood film script material. I am so excited for this fight.
    Last edited by Mark Hammer; August 10th, 2017 at 12:27 PM.

I couldn't stand GSP for the longest time and always wanted to see him get knocked out but always knew after round 1 when he would grind the fuck out of you it would never happen. GSP vs. Fitch was around the time I was getting hardcore into MMA to the point where I was talking about it with random guys at the gym (I was just an 18 year old kid). I cannot believe we are going on 10 years now when a prime GSP beat the shit out of Fitch.

Now, I am at the point where seeing GSP will remind me how time has completely flown by. If it was GSP vs an up and comer I would be cheering GSP with a nostalgic tear in my eye. But because it's Bisping, who he himself is also a vet, I also do not care who wins. I find myself cheering for the old guard a lot lately, there isn't many of them left. I also can't believe Bisping and GSP are the old guard, and guys like Liddell, Rampage, Wanderlei, Forrest Griffin, Ortiz, Rich Franklin (the big names when I started) are extinct.

I also couldn't stand Bisping for the longest time either, but his no-shits personality has completely won me over.

As far as who I think wins? Does anyone remember Sonnen vs. Bisping? I don't know why everyone is discounting GSP. I think it will be a grind-em win for GSP.

Bisping is bigger, but I don't know if he has the gas tank to consistently hold George's riddim back.
    Last edited by Spedizzo; August 10th, 2017 at 3:08 PM.

Sonnen vs Bisping? Where Sonnen was the much bigger guy, was probably on steroids, couldn't hold Bisping down and were it not for the fact that the whole world wanted to see Sonnen vs Silva 2, he probably would've (and should've) lost that one 29-28 on the cards?

I had 2 rounds for Sonnen though it was a tossup. But yeah, I can't say I agree with the comparison to GSP.

Bisping hasn't really fought many wrestlers. Kennedy and Sonnen are the only I can think of

I think GSP can go 5 full rounds, grind it out and is much more well rounded than Sonnen ever was or will be. Sonnen just had size and pure wrestling which I think we are overstating a little too much. GSP isn't a midget. He still has a reach advantage on Bisping.

I could be wrong, but I am getting the feeling Bisping will have a hard time keeping it standing now

Thread Information