Lol ND.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Ben Nguyen v. Joseph Benevidez UFN 110 in New Zealand!

I imagine this is a title eliminator for both guys. I don't know who I prefer to win though, Nguyen is obviously a fresh fight but there is a good story to tell with Benavidez defying the odds and earning another t.s. despite being 0-2 vs Mighty Mouse.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I've seen Ben Nguyen fight. And for a second I thought Benavidez moved back to 135 but that was Jon Dodson. Benavidez getting another title shot and finally winning would be great and a nice way to see Mighty Mouse bounce up to the 135 division. To me, Mighty Mouse has done all he can in a division honestly a very small % of MMA fans seem to truly care about. I respect their skills and all that but it's not a division that has much going for it no matter how good Mighty Mouse is. 135 isn't exactly a ppv drawing machine either but at least there are more well known fighters than 125 has to offer. Seeing the champ MM go up against Cody or TJ in a champion v. champion fight would be sick.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cyborg has dropped the invicta strap and wants GDR for the 145 title.

And can you guys stop being cliche mma homophobes/misogynists?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I won't stop being unattracted to enormously masculine women. And I may continue ribbing people I know who are.

No problem with the other stuff.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some pretty exciting fights have been announced:

Fabricio Werdum v. Aiistair Overeem 3 @ UFC 213 July 8th in Vegas.

Ross Pearson v. Dan Hooker @ UFN 110 June 10th in New Zealand. This is also the card headlined by Hunt/Lewis FYI.

Clay Guida v. Erik Koch @ UFN 112 June 25th in Oklahoma City. Very excited for this fight card. BJ Penn v. Denis Siver, Lil Nog v. Latifi, Felice v. Justine Kish, Hendricks v. Boetsch. It's littered with a lot of vets but exciting vets.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RDA stepping up to 170 to face ultra tough Tarec Saffiedine @ UFN Singapore. This card also features Arlovski v. Marcin Tybura (who?), Gomi v. Jon Tuck. Not sure what the headliner will be, maybe this RDA/Tarec fight, why not? Both are on losing streaks, why not have them headline....?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UFC 213 not only has the rubber match between Werdum/Overeem but it's looking like the long awaited dream match at 170 is going down between Lawler and Cerrone. I didn't realize Lawler won 3 consecutive FOTY awards from Sherdog for his fights with Hendricks, MacDonald, and Condit. Does not shock me one bit, those 3 were great fucking fights but damn, has anyone ever won that award for any site 3 years in a row?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. And I like cerrone, but I hope that lawler batters him.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm a Lawler guy in that one. The growl after round 4 against MacDonald ensured he'll get cheered against any man on the planet. What a man.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tatted Neck Guy defends his title against Thomas Jake "The Snake" Dillashaw at UFC 213. GOD DAMN this card is stacked.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Hm, Reem/Werdum III and Cerrone/Lawler on there as well, pretty cool. Wouldn't mind if the Boa Constrictor constricted Travis Browne and sent him packing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That card is shaping up nicely. I hope Garbrandt/Dillashaw gets the main event slot. The 135 belt hasn't headlined a ppv in a while which is a shame as it's one of my favorite divisions.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Per Dana White, it is looking like Cormier v. Jones 2 will go down at UFC 214 if Jones is ready to go. I guess the rumor of Jones v. Manuwa happening wasn't exactly truth. Either way, 1 fight in 2 years and you go in there against Cormier....You know if Jones loses it's going to be "He was out too long" and that's a truthful excuse to make but hey it makes the trilogy even bigger right?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats the idea. They want a reason to rematch it if Jones loses.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Jones/DC II seems to be on the verge of being signed for 214 in Anaheim. Would love a Jones/DC and GDR/Cyborg main/co-main. I'm very, very much doubtful that either, or any of those two fights happen though, lots of "???" surrounding both fights. Wouldn't shock me if it ends up DC/Manuwa and Cyborg/Holly Holm for the interim FW title, or something along those lines.. If GDR can't fight I think Cat Zingano/Cyborg in a #1 contenders fight would be pretty cool though. Hey, if Holly can get a FW title fight coming off two losses why couldn't Cat get a #1 contenders fight also coming off two losses??

I'm still pissed those two bums Jones and DC (and Gus) fucked up my Vegas vacation..

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Cat is the last woman to defeat Amanda Nunes, so I guess she could get herself into BW title talks if she got one solid win. But I read somewhere that she has some medical issues due to excessive weight cutting, so maybe 145 would be the better option for her.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got Cormier in the Jones rematch, and Jones winning the trilogy fight. 1 unimpressive cakewalk against a bang average fighter in OSP in 2 and a half years, going into a fight against Daniel Cormier. Jones historically hasn't had power. He's going to have to go 5 rounds against Daniel Cormier, a man who has beaten Gustafsson, Anderson Silva and Rumble Johnson x2 in that time frame. Over an hour against elite competition. So I can't see Jones winning rounds early (timing/rust issues) or late (cardio knowing he's not been pushed in 2 and a half years). Throw in the increased scrutiny from USADA and the media following the suspension and it's the perfect storm for a Jones defeat. If he wins, he's the best ever. That handicap and he beats the #3 pound for pound fighter? Come on man.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Yeah, if Jones doesn't take a tune-up, and it looks like he isn't, DC really should be able to beat him. Jones winning would be beyond impressive.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Jones wins he has to go to heavyweight. That division isn't the land of the giants anymore. Miocic, Werdum, JDS, even USADA era Overeem - have maximum 15 pounds on him, while each being significantly less talented. Plus if he bulked up, a bit of meat on the legs could lead to a big increase in power.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    How do you feel about Jones/Gus II if Bones beats DC and Gus beats Texeira? I feel that could be the last time to get that fight done.

I think many people still want that rematch based on how the first fight went down.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gus is even more unreliable than Jones though. I fear Gus' days are numbered and one more injury could be it for him and he's what, 29? Sad.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Yeah, that's why I'm thinking they need to do Gus/Jones II asap if the opportunity comes. Maybe it's just me but I feel that's a rematch that "should" happen. For the record, I would pick Jones to win in more convincing fashion if they did it again, assuming he hasn't totally fallen off as of late.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't mind seeing the rematch because the last time it was a good fight, very back and forth.

I think they should just do a 6-man tournament:

Shogun v. Manuwa
    Glover v. Gus
    Jones v. Cormier 2

Shogun/Man v. Glover/Gus=fight against Jones/Cormier 2 winner.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I suggested Anderson Silva/Nate Marquardt II for the Brazil show but we get Vitor Belfort/Nate Marquardt instead. Don't mind it, two ageing and pretty much shot fighters going at it. Good "name" win for Marquardt or a decent win for Vitor to go out on. Winnable fight for both.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anderson is claiming retirement if his next fight isn't at UFC 212, against Yoel Romero, for the INTERIM MW championship.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess he'll be retiring then.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Anderson must be trolling, the guy has one win since 2012, and that was fairly controversial over Derek Brunson. Hector Lombard has lost three in a row but is still a fairly marketable name, that fight would make sense to me. Romero shouldn't fight anyone below Bisping/Mousasi/Whittaker.

Think I suggested Belfort/Lombard and Silva/Marquardt II for UFC 212, the reverse would be ok as well.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Pretty cool that Vitor Belfort made his UFC debut at UFC 12 and most likely will have his last UFC fight at UFC 212.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a bit of a bittersweet time in my fandom with so many of the top guys from when I started watching all the events (2006/07) knocking it on the head recently or in the near future. By my count there's only a dozen or so PRIDE alumni still remaining on the UFC roster, with Belfort retiring next month and Gomi, Lombard, Hunt and Lil Nog surely getting cut with another loss and Anderson saying he is done if there's no title on the line (nonsensical considering he signed to fight Gastelum... in a non title fight). Barnett's suspended yet again and surely done. Melendez on a bad run. Shogun, Mousasi, Werdum, Overeem and Lawler are absolute freaks.
    Last edited by Fanny Batter; May 3rd, 2017 at 8:56 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anthony Pettis vs. Jim Miller added to UFC 213. Damn Miller has fought some people - Edgar, Maynard, Pettis, Henderson, Diaz, Gomi and Cerrone are all probably all time top 15 at lightweight. Sanchez, Lauzon, Poirier, Alves, Tibau, Olivera, Chiesa, Dariush - just tough guy after tough guy.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted this in one of the other threads but on Easter Sunday Jim Miller was my local grocery store here in Des Moines, IA. I didn't go up to him or anything but it was pretty random. Dude was searching all over the store for something, not sure what but each time I saw him he was with a manager. All he had in his basket was a 4ft long baguette. Fighters..

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So it looks like Mighty Mouse vs Dillashaw for the flyweight belt is all but official. I can't tell you the last time I anticipated a MM fight.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be honest, great fighter, have maybe cared about 1 opponent he's fought since winning the belt and that was Benevidez. I was curious about this news as I thought TJ v. Cody was going down at UFC 213 but apparently back issues my force Cody out of the bout. TJ v. MM=definitely something I want to see.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Was quite looking forward to TJ/Garbrandt, but gotta admit TJ/MM, with a legit challenger standing in the way of Johnson breaking the defense record, looks awfully interesting. Be happy to see Johnson gain some more pub for picking up a massive clutch career win, meanwhile shutting Dillashaw the fuck up in the process.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dana White recently said that there are possible plans to do an interim 185 title fight between Whitaker and Romero if Bisping truly isn't ready to go this summer. He also said that they've moved past Bisping/GSP and GSP told White he would be willing to fight whoever the 170 champion is when he returns in the fall. Thoughts on these pieces of info?

185 situation. I hate the idea of interim titles but in this case, I'm not 100% against it simply because, what if Bisping's knee doesn't heal properly at all? A year from now we could be hearing the same thing.

As far as GSP. I would definitely be interested in GSP v. Woodley or Maia. GSP @ 170 going after the championship he never lost makes more sense than trying to WWE book a possible GSP v. McGregor mega super fight. Which is still possible. 145/155 champ v. 170 champ considered the GOAT? That's huge.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    185 needs a title fought for, like yesterday. Interim should be a forbidden word for this company, but in this case, with this group of guys all at the mountain top together, it just makes more sense.

Thought I was the only person who'd like to see GSP back at 170 full time, and even against Woodley in particular. I think Woodley is a step forward from a guy like Koscheck, and the question is whether or not GSP's taken a step back or not. This fight sounds reasonable as shit to me. And Maia right around the corner sounds just as appealing.

Not overly enthused with GSP/Conor, but I'd no doubt be interested should it be put together in due time. Just more immediate fish to fry at the moment for both of them.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just figured with GSP the idea they were going with was to try and get both the WW and MW titles around his waist, then have him v. McGregor as this gigantic fight where both fighters had 2 belts but the fight would be at like 165.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I've no doubt that's precisely what they were going for. And bah humbug. There's enough steak in that fight to not need to manufacture so much sizzle. If it came about naturally that'd be fantastic. But holding off 185, going directly to Bisping, holding off 155 with Mayweather also in the oven. Just bleh to the whole ordeal until more pressing things are addressed first.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by percussion13 View Post
    I've no doubt that's precisely what they were going for. And bah humbug. There's enough steak in that fight to not need to manufacture so much sizzle. If it came about naturally that'd be fantastic. But holding off 185, going directly to Bisping, holding off 155 with Mayweather also in the oven. Just bleh to the whole ordeal until more pressing things are addressed first.
    Agree 100%.

I mean, Bisping got super lucky even being in that fight with Rockhold as he was ranked #12 at the time so 185 has been pretty fucked up since Rockhold lost the belt. A lot of divisions are in a weird spot and it's hard to sink your teeth into 145-185 at the moment.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Rumor has it Mousasi's been offered Rockhold. Would be terrific right under Romero/Whittaker to set forth a mini-tourney to ultimately take on Bisping whenever he's ready. Actually would prefer Moose/Romero for the interim and Rockhold/Whittaker for next up, but it's all good as long as the division gets properly jumpstarted asap.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Yeah, any combinations of the four is ok, just get the proper 185 show going. Then GSP and Bisping can go about their nonsense at any time they want.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Cris Cyborg will be on the UFC 214 card in July, but no opponent announced. GDR is scared, Cat won't be cleared for some reason, and Megan Anderson just announced she's defending her title at the July Invicta show. So basically nobody worth a damn type fighter v. Cyborg at 145.

Maybe Angela Mangina or Bec Rawlins are putting on the pounds and will step up to the plate and get smacked the fuck back.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big (literally) fight announced for UFC 215 in Edmonton, AB, Canada....

JDS v. Francis Ngannou. People wanted to see Francis against the elite, here we go baby.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Hope this goes for more than a few big swings from each side before the finish. Like to see both of them work a bit first. Looking forward to this one.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope this goes for more than a few big swings from each side before the finish. Like to see both of them work a bit first. Looking forward to this one.
    Yeah there's definitely a sad part of me that has this vision of big Francis knocking out JDS within the first 2 minutes. I'd definitely like to see a round or two.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    214 just got Woodley/Maia. Very nice.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    214 just got Woodley/Maia. Very nice.
    Rooting for Maia but I feel Woodley's going to TKO him in the first couple rounds. Could be wrong, I thought Condit was going to wax Maia (blind love does that) and he got submitted within a few minutes and he's a great fighter.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Miocic vs Velasquez is being targeted for UFC 216.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't see why Cain gets that fight. Effectively they are gifting him an opportunity to put the title on hold for another couple of years when they've just finally got off that merry-go-round.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has a one fight win streak (against heavyweight punching bag Travis Browne) and has fought 3 times in 4 years.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Who would be a better choice? This speaks more on the state of HW than it does Cain getting special treatment.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is the most intriguing fight at HW that is for sure

can Stipe's wrestling hold up against Cain?

and even if it can, will Cain and his style of mixing it up and overwhelming pressure be too much for Cleveland's son??? JDS was backpeddaling, Cain moves forward

will Cro Cop 2K17 just knock Cain out too?

will this fight even happen????

stay tuned

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is there any word on when Rockhold is fighting next now that the MW division is finally playing out?? (Jacare lost, Romero lost, Bisping vs. Whittaker happening, Weidman on a losing streak about to fight Gastelum who is on the up)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Werdum was very much moving forward..

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HW is one of those divisions where it's not exactly filled with dudes on long winning streaks so 1 or 2 wins=title shot, we've seen worse. MW and LHW are no different. Half the time you don't even have to have a fight in a division to get a title shot, just have a name. Stipe needs to have these fights where he's beating the established because let's be real....Stipe isn't a draw and probably never will be unless he just keeps killing everyone in the division. His biggest fight will more than likely be against Jon Jones if Jones moves up to HW.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Werdum was very much moving forward..
    With his chin up looking like a doofus.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Sure.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just went to check out the Stipe-Werdum fight and the first youtube video that pops up the comment that google shows reads "Damn Werdum was fighting like an idiot here, just running at him leaving his chin exposed". That fight ended like some Chuck Liddell countering Babalu type ending. And you have to shit on Werdum for how he went out because he's fight high level strikers like Overeem for example, he should have known better, this isn't some rookie we're talking about here.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Werdum running at him like a kid fighting in a high school play ground isn't what I meant by Cain coming at him/bringing the pressure

Cain sort of comes at you more like a technical pitbull mixing up the potential for wrestling and well executed kick boxing. Just watch the Travis Browne fight from exactly a year ago. He beat the living shit out of Browne (and I know it is only Travis Browne)

what Werdum did in that fight was just stupid

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brock Lesnar likely to fight on the 11/4 UFC in MSG card

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    Werdum running at him like a kid fighting in a high school play ground isn't what I meant by Cain coming at him/bringing the pressure

Cain sort of comes at you more like a technical pitbull mixing up the potential for wrestling and well executed kick boxing. Just watch the Travis Browne fight from exactly a year ago. He beat the living shit out of Browne (and I know it is only Travis Browne)

what Werdum did in that fight was just stupid
    Yep yep. I agree about Cain.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brock Lesnar likely to fight on the 11/4 UFC in MSG card
    Well...didn't think I'd be ordering any UFC in 2017 but looks like that's about to change. Rematch with Mark Hunt!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Are you boys on that crack cocaine??

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    Are you boys on that crack cocaine??
    Pertaining to which conversation? Lesnar or the HW title fight? Lesnar's back in USADA testing and if Cain is cleared the fight with Stipe goes down in Oct-Nov.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So Brock returning is a real thing?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Pertaining to which conversation? Lesnar or the HW title fight? Lesnar's back in USADA testing and if Cain is cleared the fight with Stipe goes down in Oct-Nov.
    The Brockster, brother.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    So Brock returning is a real thing?
    Yep. His suspension is up and now he's back in the USADA testing apparently. If it was bullshit I don't know why he'd be putting himself in another situation like last time.

Shit I'm curious as to what names would be thrown his way. I mean, the last time he fought a killer, very few gave Lesnar much of a chance imo. Lesnar v. Andrei Arlovski wouldn't be too bad.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    The Brockster, brother.
    Google his name, 4 or 5 different sites reporting the news. I mean, the one thing we know for sure is he's back in the USADA pool, why would he do that if he wasn't going to fight? Lesnar's probably like, I want to fight at MSG since I don't want to fly to Japan again and fight at Saitama.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    He apparently still owes 5 months on his suspension though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He apparently still owes 5 months on his suspension though.
    You are right. I didn't even bother reading the full article, it was on Forbes and kept freezing up my computer so all I saw was where it stopped at saying he was issued a suspension in January that was retroactive to July.

So he retired mid-suspension and still had 5 months to go is what I'm getting....Lame. Oh well, saves me $60. For now.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Would like to see Brock/Werdum if he were to show back up. A guy who wouldn't be a world class threat to Lesnar standing but would be thoroughly interesting fighting him from his own back. Idk, sounds intriguing to me and I'm up to my tits in rematches so not too keen on Reem or Hunt sequels.
    Last edited by percussion13; July 19th, 2017 at 4:23 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would like to see Brock/Werdum if he were to show back up. A guy who wouldn't be a world class threat to Lesnar standing but would be thoroughly interesting fighting him from his own back. Idk, sounds intriguing to me and I'm up to my tits in rematches so not too keen on Reem or Hunt sequels.
    It'd either look like the first Mir fight or the second. Lesnar has an incredible top game based solely on man mountain genetics that Zeus passed down to him centuries ago. Werdum has submitted some of the best, some could say the very best at HW. That would be a good fight for sure.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Brock vs JDS/Big Francis winner.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brock v. Dos Santos, another big fight we barely missed out on, it was so close to happening....

So basically anyone in the top 10 outside of rematches. Lesnar v. anyone he hasn't faced yet intrigues the hell out of me.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    No argument to any of that.

Except maybe the entire top 10 part. Lesnar needs matched up with names or contenders. Werdum, JDS, Francis. One of those three for me for sure.
    Last edited by percussion13; July 19th, 2017 at 4:33 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Crazy thing is he's only a win or two away from a title shot.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No argument to any of that.

Except maybe the entire top 10 part. Lesnar needs matched up with names or contenders. Werdum, JDS, Francis. One of those three for me for sure.
    Shit per the UFC site Arlovski isn't even top 10, he's #13 but he's a big enough name imo that I think a lot of people would want to see them throw down. Honestly I'm looking at the UFC's website and the only 2 guys I'm not super familiar with in the top 10 are Alexander Volkov and Marcin. I mean I KNOW them but I've seen like 1 fight. Who the fuck is Tim Johnson? He's ranked higher than Arlovski

Crazy thing is he's only a win or two away from a title shot.
    Well yeah he only needs 1 win pretty much just like the last time he got a title shot. He lost to Mir, beat Herring, then won the belt from Randy. Coincidentally in his 4th fight just like Randy did in his 4th pro fight if I'm not mistaken.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rumors becoming bigger that he is close to a title fight/will get a title fight

it seems like UFC is all about big fights, so I wouldnt be suprised if he went straight to a title shot

I like Brock but Stipe would destroy him as would Cain again

He is rumored to lose the WWE title at SummerSlam and commit full time to MMA again

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also heard on mmajunkie radio from a guy who spills beans alot that "a little birdie" told him this will be Weidman's last fight in the UFC

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So....our dreams are shattered and OD is right, we're on that crack cocaine. UFC exec shot down the story saying it wasn't true.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah seems like you are right

guess they were just rumors

I thought it was odd when one of them said he was seen at UFC headquarters with Paul Heyman?? wishful thinking I guess

oh well, I found it interesting that the host of MMAjunkie radio is pretty confident that this will be Weidman's last fight in the UFC though. His contract is up after the fight too I believe

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    So....our dreams are shattered and OD is right, we're on that crack cocaine. UFC exec shot down the story saying it wasn't true.
    Remember last year though, they were denying Brock was returning until the promo at UFC 199. Maybe they want it to be a big "surprise"?

Is the rumor it's Weidman's last fight in the UFC or his last fight in MMA? Or is it just the last fight on his current contract?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's just the last fight on his contract. Man if he leaves that's a huge loss imo. There's a guy who's just unfortunately had some bad luck in his last 3 fights but hey, I remember back in the day when it didn't matter how good you were, you lose 3 fights in row you were looking at the unemployment line straight up.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About Lesnar....per the cat from the UFC, they wouldn't be able to greenlight Lesnar by Nov 4th anyway. There's no fucking way he gets any kind of exemption after what happened last time. How does that make New York look giving this guy a license to fight in their state without following the proper procedures after last year...just because he's a draw? At some point integrity has to step in for the better of the sport. You can't just go "He gets a free pass because he's Lesnar or McGregor or whoever the fuck". Then shit all over Cyborg.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah it's just the last fight on his contract. Man if he leaves that's a huge loss imo. There's a guy who's just unfortunately had some bad luck in his last 3 fights but hey, I remember back in the day when it didn't matter how good you were, you lose 3 fights in row you were looking at the unemployment line straight up.
    I agree with this, but ftr being a former champ (especially a defending champ) always bought some leeway around the 3 loss in a row rule.

It will be really hard for him to recover if he loses to Kelvin.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    About Lesnar....per the cat from the UFC, they wouldn't be able to greenlight Lesnar by Nov 4th anyway. There's no fucking way he gets any kind of exemption after what happened last time. How does that make New York look giving this guy a license to fight in their state without following the proper procedures after last year...just because he's a draw? At some point integrity has to step in for the better of the sport. You can't just go "He gets a free pass because he's Lesnar or McGregor or whoever the fuck". Then shit all over Cyborg.
    Lol. One of these three does not belong.

This is prize fighting first and foremost. The sporting aspect comes second and that is the way it has always been.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    No reason sporting can't run neck and neck with prize fighting. It's no doubt a delicate and mobius goings on, but it could/should be continuously handled as such.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with this, but ftr being a former champ (especially a defending champ) always bought some leeway around the 3 loss in a row rule.

It will be really hard for him to recover if he loses to Kelvin.
    Yeah man Weidman's a really good fighter but very few fighters get a 4th L and wind up getting one last shot. Frank Mir comes to mind, a few others I'm sure that weren't even champions so I hope that even if he does lose we get one last shot. But I mean shit, what would be left to salvage? Weidman was never really a draw, never got the true props he fucking deserved for his wins against Silva, Machida, etc. Honestly what is probably going to save his ass outside of his ability and being a former champion is Dana and Matt Serra's strong relationship.

Lol. One of these three does not belong.

This is prize fighting first and foremost. The sporting aspect comes second and that is the way it has always been.
    haha, I guess it depends. If we're talking about roids it's McGregor, if we're talking about 7 figure draws we're talking about Cyborg haha.

Oh dude, totally get the consistent argument/excuse people use about "this is prize fighting". Totally get it, never disputed it. The reality though is, you can't make a mockery out of USADA and the sport trying to "clean up" the best they can just because a guy is a huge draw. That's like saying oh well, this guy raped a girl but he's famous so let's give him some leeway because people love him. That's how R. Kelly wound up in the shit he's in, people just being cool with fucked up shit because he brings the people!

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You're right, Weidman was never really a draw which I always thought was odd considering he had it all. If he had strung a few more wins to his undefeated record I think he would have started making noise. Remember Anderson wasn't a draw until the tail end of his title run.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right, Weidman was never really a draw which I always thought was odd considering he had it all. If he had strung a few more wins to his undefeated record I think he would have started making noise. Remember Anderson wasn't a draw until the tail end of his title run.
    I don't think the UFC machine truly got behind him. They wanted Anderson to regain the championship, keep breaking records. Then I think they probably wanted Machida to drop down and take the title, become only the 3rd man to win championships in 2 different weight classes. Then you had Vitor, legend, explosive. Up next, Luke Rockhold. Good looking, has some personality, devastating fighter. But then he loses in a fucking shocker and now we're where we are.....I mean, I don't know anything really about Weidman other than he's from New York, trains with Serra, and has a solid wrestling pedigree. It never felt like the UFC put him on a platform to get anywhere.

Although...wasn't he in a movie or t.v. show?

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im assuming Weidman hasnt reupped on his contract or UFC is low balling him. If he loses to Kelvin I dont know if they will cut him, or give him something extremely low where he is better off going to Bellator

Weidman is in a must win match against Kelvin

no he, won't back down, no he won't, back down

I think we should all rally behind Chris Weidman

as he stands up against the gates of hell

like Anderson Silva before him, I believe his last few losses on his record are circumstantial. He was either winning all of the fights that he lost before he either did something extremely stupid (spinning kick in Rockhold fight), was on his way to winning a decision against Romero until he got caught with a once in a million flying knee, and then just as easily could have beaten Mouss (although I forgot who was winning that fight) up until that controversial knee shit

I wasn't a big fan of Weidman, but when I met him in the expo last year he seemed like a really great guy and it was him, Cowboy, and a very few select others who really made things memorable for the fans

Last edited by Spedizzo; July 20th, 2017 at 3:16 PM.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weidman wasn't really a draw because he had absolutely zero hype before he fought Silva. He was impressive beating guys like Maia, but was barely known.

He is booked against Silva and the match has zero hype aside from the hardcore fans because most people assumed Silva was going to destroy the no-name guy. Stylistically it was Silva's most dangerous match to date, a young powerful wrestler who can fight everywhere

He shocks the world, he gets a bit of attention, has an undefeated record, but he doesn't really talk shit and the UFC hype machine for whatever reason never got behind him

A lot of fans (myself included) had resentment towards him for taking out Silva as well and were happy when he lost to Rockhold

Now that he is on his losing streak I look back and realize he was pretty cool and I don't want him to leave/get cut/etc

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with most of that. Here you had this guy nobody really knew, it was to the point where Anderson wasn't even trying to fight him because he didn't think there was any benefit for him (Silva) to fight someone that Weidman other than he was running out of people to murder. It was honestly very similar to an extent with Holly Holm v. Ronda Rousey. Holy Holm, ranked #7, no big wins in the UFC whatsoever, looked good but most gave her a puncher's chance due to how dominant Rousey had been against everyone (regardless of how they came in to MMA). Holly had some hardcore fight fan hype but that was really it, even with DW being such a big fan of hers and a boxing fan, the fight had little promotion, it was actually bumped 2 months due to the card losing a main event.

But shit with Holly they rolled out the red carpet and I think a lot of that has to do with the reality of Ronda being a much bigger draw than Anderson in comparison so I can respect why Weidman's win wasn't opening up multiple doors to guest spot on Conan or whatever the fuck. Still.....Weidman is an American fighter who's clean, respected, looks good, haven't seen him in a boring fight ever, seems cool as fuck. If he can get back on the bike and fuck some shit up he could be champion again no doubt.

Correct me if I'm wrong....wasn't he positioned to get an automatic rematch but got seriously hurt? Neck injury or something?

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, he was scheduled to fight Rockhold in the fight that Bisping filled in for and won the title like 2 weeks or something before the fight

instead he fought Romero at UFC 205 and got caught with the cuban missile knee. Then fought Moussasi, and got caught with the controversial NY knee

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man I used to have a vision of Jon Jones v. Chris Weidman, champion v. champion with the LHW title on the line at the first ever MSG show.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since he lost to moose I've actually started liking Weidman a lot more. But he took all of those losses badly. The tide was turning in each one of them, he was tiring out badly in each of them. His offensive play was stopping working. He has looked particularly easy to gas since USADA came in. I don't think that any of them were lucky for his opponents, if it didn't happen there it seemed like it was going to.

Weidman never pushed on with his potential really, because he never accepted his weaknesses and always excused his losses, not dissimilar to johnny hendricks. His arrogance around it being an embarrassment if Bisping won the title and laughing at the notion of him fighting wireman for the title was a preoccupations when he himself was about to hit the skids.

I dont think it was expected that silva would trash him, maybe by casual fans but I'm sure I remember more people than ever picking against Anderson in that match and seeing it as a passing of the guard event. Similar to garbrandt vs Cruz where it was more of a question of 'is he ready' than 'does he have the ability'. Of course cody's win was a bit more emphatic.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the first time around the majority of fans just gave Weidman the benefit of the doubt. Didn't write him off completely, but just thought ok he's a good wrestler, he has better hands than most wrestlers Anderson has fought up until this point sans maybe 1 or 2 guys. But I think the lack of knowing who Weidman was played the biggest part. It really was more "Why is Anderson fighting this guy and not Jon Jones or Rashad or someone at LHW that's a big name" because he had killed pretty anyone who mattered at 185. Bisping couldn't get to him and everyone wrote that dude off of having a chance against Anderson back then.

The harsh reality is that in MMA and combat sports in general, the real draws are few and far between. With the UFC, very few cards are about just 1 fighter. Weidman had the benefit of being on some really good cards and I'm sure he's sitting on a good chunk of change.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it odd that sites are still reporting on Lesnar rumors. He told WWE officials that he entered USADA testing and doesn't want to re-up on contract, but some (UFC exec?) said it was not true that he had not re-entered USADA testing.

I wonder if he told WWE he entered testing as a contract negotiation tool and didn't really, or if the UFC just wants to keep it a secret.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it odd that sites are still reporting on Lesnar rumors. He told WWE officials that he entered USADA testing and doesn't want to re-up on contract, but some (UFC exec?) said it was not true that he had not re-entered USADA testing.

I wonder if he told WWE he entered testing as a contract negotiation tool and didn't really, or if the UFC just wants to keep it a secret.
    I'm going to take the word of the UFC's VP of athlete health and performance over some rumor that was spawned from some random "dirt sheet" guy on twitter. Now....I would imagine 2 things...#1 the websites are keeping an open mind because last year for UFC 200 and whole situation with Ariel Helwani where the UFC wanted it to be a surprise, told him not to say shit, and his punk ass did anyway. Then he cried for the next year. So maybe this is going to be a surprise but he's for sure not fighting on that MSG card. #2-The fact we have heard ZERO from anyone that's credible with any credible insight outside of going "well his contract is up at this point, he did get to fight last year blah blah blah." But as of right now, he hasn't told the WWE jack shit and this is all something that literally started when some random dude tweeted the "news". I could go on Twitter right now and post "I heard Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell are going to fight in Bellator" and there's a snowballs chance in Hell that would happen but it doesn't make it credible.