Page 344 of 355 FirstFirst ... 244294314334342343344345346354 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 3549

Thread: Who's Next?

Anthony Pettis vs. Jim Miller added to UFC 213. Damn Miller has fought some people - Edgar, Maynard, Pettis, Henderson, Diaz, Gomi and Cerrone are all probably all time top 15 at lightweight. Sanchez, Lauzon, Poirier, Alves, Tibau, Olivera, Chiesa, Dariush - just tough guy after tough guy.

I posted this in one of the other threads but on Easter Sunday Jim Miller was my local grocery store here in Des Moines, IA. I didn't go up to him or anything but it was pretty random. Dude was searching all over the store for something, not sure what but each time I saw him he was with a manager. All he had in his basket was a 4ft long baguette. Fighters..

So it looks like Mighty Mouse vs Dillashaw for the flyweight belt is all but official. I can't tell you the last time I anticipated a MM fight.

I'll be honest, great fighter, have maybe cared about 1 opponent he's fought since winning the belt and that was Benevidez. I was curious about this news as I thought TJ v. Cody was going down at UFC 213 but apparently back issues my force Cody out of the bout. TJ v. MM=definitely something I want to see.

Was quite looking forward to TJ/Garbrandt, but gotta admit TJ/MM, with a legit challenger standing in the way of Johnson breaking the defense record, looks awfully interesting. Be happy to see Johnson gain some more pub for picking up a massive clutch career win, meanwhile shutting Dillashaw the fuck up in the process.

Dana White recently said that there are possible plans to do an interim 185 title fight between Whitaker and Romero if Bisping truly isn't ready to go this summer. He also said that they've moved past Bisping/GSP and GSP told White he would be willing to fight whoever the 170 champion is when he returns in the fall. Thoughts on these pieces of info?

185 situation. I hate the idea of interim titles but in this case, I'm not 100% against it simply because, what if Bisping's knee doesn't heal properly at all? A year from now we could be hearing the same thing.

As far as GSP. I would definitely be interested in GSP v. Woodley or Maia. GSP @ 170 going after the championship he never lost makes more sense than trying to WWE book a possible GSP v. McGregor mega super fight. Which is still possible. 145/155 champ v. 170 champ considered the GOAT? That's huge.

185 needs a title fought for, like yesterday. Interim should be a forbidden word for this company, but in this case, with this group of guys all at the mountain top together, it just makes more sense.

Thought I was the only person who'd like to see GSP back at 170 full time, and even against Woodley in particular. I think Woodley is a step forward from a guy like Koscheck, and the question is whether or not GSP's taken a step back or not. This fight sounds reasonable as shit to me. And Maia right around the corner sounds just as appealing.

Not overly enthused with GSP/Conor, but I'd no doubt be interested should it be put together in due time. Just more immediate fish to fry at the moment for both of them.

I just figured with GSP the idea they were going with was to try and get both the WW and MW titles around his waist, then have him v. McGregor as this gigantic fight where both fighters had 2 belts but the fight would be at like 165.

I've no doubt that's precisely what they were going for. And bah humbug. There's enough steak in that fight to not need to manufacture so much sizzle. If it came about naturally that'd be fantastic. But holding off 185, going directly to Bisping, holding off 155 with Mayweather also in the oven. Just bleh to the whole ordeal until more pressing things are addressed first.

Quote Originally Posted by percussion13 View Post
    I've no doubt that's precisely what they were going for. And bah humbug. There's enough steak in that fight to not need to manufacture so much sizzle. If it came about naturally that'd be fantastic. But holding off 185, going directly to Bisping, holding off 155 with Mayweather also in the oven. Just bleh to the whole ordeal until more pressing things are addressed first.
    Agree 100%.

I mean, Bisping got super lucky even being in that fight with Rockhold as he was ranked #12 at the time so 185 has been pretty fucked up since Rockhold lost the belt. A lot of divisions are in a weird spot and it's hard to sink your teeth into 145-185 at the moment.

Thread Information