Results 9,441 to 9,448 of 9448

Thread: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Athletic 10-0 prospect with KO power who needs a name win to put him on the map. Good matchmaking.
    Do you truly believe anyone will care one bit that he beats Machida? 5 years ago sure. 3 years ago even. Now?

This just goes back to what I'm saying about how due to the over populated roster and massive amounts of events, it's harder for these newer fighters to make a name off the veterans. I mean even some of the current top guys struggle. Stipe Miocic can't draw outside his city and look at the names he's destroyed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The oversaturation has certainly harmed making guys stars. Using Machida as an example - the 3 fights prior to his title fights were Sokoudjou (main card of GSP/Hughes and Liddell/Silva mega card), Ortiz (big name, and on the stacked Penn/Sherk card) and Thiago Silva (co-main to the GSP/Penn mega fight) - thus he was given a great chance to get attention from high profile events. Close to 2.5 million buys on those events combined, and viewed by countless more. Compare that to Stipe getting built on FS1 cards, losing on big FOX in his showcase, then beating Arlovski on a shallow Lawler/Condit NYE card. It's all about capitalizing on opportunities when the most eyeballs are on you, Mike Perry on the Conor/Diaz 2 card is a great example.

makes people post less. Mark Hammer's Avatar
    I like animals, walks on the beach, romantic comedies, and cuddling with that special someone.
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Do you truly believe anyone will care one bit that he beats Machida? 5 years ago sure. 3 years ago even. Now?

This just goes back to what I'm saying about how due to the over populated roster and massive amounts of events, it's harder for these newer fighters to make a name off the veterans. I mean even some of the current top guys struggle. Stipe Miocic can't draw outside his city and look at the names he's destroyed.
    If he wins a main event vs a name opponent while maintaining an undefeated record then his stock will go up and his next fight will be an easier sell. Your complaining is silly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    The oversaturation has certainly harmed making guys stars. Using Machida as an example - the 3 fights prior to his title fights were Sokoudjou (main card of GSP/Hughes and Liddell/Silva mega card), Ortiz (big name, and on the stacked Penn/Sherk card) and Thiago Silva (co-main to the GSP/Penn mega fight) - thus he was given a great chance to get attention from high profile events. Close to 2.5 million buys on those events combined, and viewed by countless more. Compare that to Stipe getting built on FS1 cards, losing on big FOX in his showcase, then beating Arlovski on a shallow Lawler/Condit NYE card. It's all about capitalizing on opportunities when the most eyeballs are on you, Mike Perry on the Conor/Diaz 2 card is a great example.
    How is Mike Perry a great example? I honestly just heard of this dude I think when that Till kid beat Cowboy. Find out he's some wigger with a face tat. I feel like what's going to hurt many of the newer cats are they see how McGregor does his thing and they try to be their own version of that. Then they just get waxed by a vanilla TJ Dillashaw type.

If he wins a main event vs a name opponent while maintaining an undefeated record then his stock will go up and his next fight will be an easier sell. Your complaining is silly.
    Having a different opinion than you in a discussion isn't me complaining lol. Why are you complaining about me thinking Anders isn't going to bank of this win no matter if he's 40-0 or 120-4248? If you don't respect my reasoning cool, but it isn't complaining.

I like animals, walks on the beach, romantic comedies, and cuddling with that special someone.
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's a silly opinion though.

And I'm sorry you aren't familiar with Mike Perry. Dude is money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike Perry is class. A grade A cock but fantastic to watch in and out of the cage.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a silly opinion though.

And I'm sorry you aren't familiar with Mike Perry. Dude is money.
    It's a silly opinion? How so?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You'd have the guy fight unknowns for the rest of his career? He's earned the step up and he has a tremendous upside.

I remember when people were asking who the fuck Conor McGregor was and why he was headlining a nothing Fight pass card. Sometimes the UFC knows what they're doing.

Thread Information