Page 916 of 918 FirstFirst ... 416816866886906914915916917918 LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,160 of 9171

Thread: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship

  1. #9151
    Wolfpac Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    23,069
    Rep Power
    48541
    Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    Mighty Mouse has the record for the lowest drawing PPVs in the UFC since 2005. His fights with Dodson, Bagautinov, and Horiguchi all have under 120K buys. He also has the record for the lowest UFC on Fox rating when he faced Reis. Again, it isn't just poor marketing. He is the #1 P4P fighter in the world, isn't he? Surely that alone would at least not garner him to remain the worst draw in modern UFC history??

    A big reason I believe, is because casuals (including girls turned off by his freakishly small size) do not tune in at all. This makes it difficult for the more hardcore fans to convince people to go to the bar with them, let alone order a PPV, when he is headlining a card. I was just bringing this up from personal experience.

    They had to have an Ultimate Fighter just so they can scan the globe and grab all the 125lb champion fighters in every bumfuck organization just so there is someone to fight him. Not only did that do nothing to increase Mighty Mouse as a draw, it further adds to my belief that there just isn't enough viable competition at 125lbs.

    And I didn't say you made personal attacks that affected anyone. I just think its pointless to constantly comment on other people's appearance or heights when it is irrelevant (and incorrect). If you were 5'0 or 7'0, it wouldn't matter.

    Summary: Mighty Mouse is just too small as and I firmly believe that is a big reason why he is a shit draw.
    I fucking love how you said what you said in bold while A-the entire time you've done nothing but slander appearances and then you end it with doing the same thing you told me was pointless lol.

    Most casuals only watch for the mega draws. Jon Jones, McGregor, GSP. Maybe 2 or 3 others. Most UFC ppvs are around the 200k mark no matter if it's a 125er or 205er.

    MM is not a draw, why is that? Many factors, not just "He's smaller than a woman". Again, I'm enjoying your commentary about his size and then having the nerve to say we shouldn't be focusing on someone's size.

  2. #9152
    Wolfpac Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    23,069
    Rep Power
    48541
    Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    It's just too difficult to properly advertise and market Mighty Mouse. They can have 200 commercials and vignettes of Joe Rogan telling everyone he is #1 P4P, but the second he goes on a morning talkshow and everyone sees that the female host is 3 times the size of him, interest diminishes.
    Except they don't do any of that so you're basing this on your typical BS.

  3. #9153
    Hurricane Hammer Mark Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    26,793
    Rep Power
    38137
    The number 1 p4p shit is a little off base when you consider the low talent pool he's fighting in. Plenty of the guys under him on the p4p list would win all of their fights too if they fought the same level of competition. TJ and Cody should both be able to handle him.

  4. #9154
    Wolfpac Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    23,069
    Rep Power
    48541
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    The number 1 p4p shit is a little off base when you consider the low talent pool he's fighting in. Plenty of the guys under him on the p4p list would win all of their fights too if they fought the same level of competition. TJ and Cody should both be able to handle him.
    What will your opinion be when Mighty Mouse beats them? I mean, you're really just saying "lesser known talent". TJ and Cody aren't draws. At all. The selling point for them isn't a fight against each other, it's a fight against another champion. Whether that's Mighty Mouse, Max Holloway, nobody is giving a shit about 135 either. Or 145 without Conor. Or 155 without Conor. 170 is struggling without GSP. 185 has really nobody but GSP. 205 has zero. HW is fucked. There are no draws in MMA at a real respectable level. We're splitting hairs when talking about people we KNOW. Like I could go, Frankie Edgar v. Mighty Mouse @ 135 would be a huge fight. Not because of the division but because of the Superfight aspect of these 2 fighting. Edgar isn't going to draw more than 200k, maybe 250k with his upcoming title fight against Holloway.

  5. #9155
    Hurricane Hammer Mark Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    26,793
    Rep Power
    38137
    No, I'm saying lesser talent. The fact that there are far fewer men in the world that can make that weight and be healthy means there is a far smaller pool of talent. You're right that nobody knows who they are, but it's because nobody gives a shit. They are the size of children, most people will pass.

    And why are you telling me TJ and Cody aren't draws? I'm saying they would likely beat him, never said shit about their drawing ability.

  6. #9156
    BREAK IT DOWN Spedizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,687
    Rep Power
    8519
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    What will your opinion be when Mighty Mouse beats them? I mean, you're really just saying "lesser known talent". TJ and Cody aren't draws. At all. The selling point for them isn't a fight against each other, it's a fight against another champion. Whether that's Mighty Mouse, Max Holloway, nobody is giving a shit about 135 either. Or 145 without Conor. Or 155 without Conor. 170 is struggling without GSP. 185 has really nobody but GSP. 205 has zero. HW is fucked. There are no draws in MMA at a real respectable level. We're splitting hairs when talking about people we KNOW. Like I could go, Frankie Edgar v. Mighty Mouse @ 135 would be a huge fight. Not because of the division but because of the Superfight aspect of these 2 fighting. Edgar isn't going to draw more than 200k, maybe 250k with his upcoming title fight against Holloway.
    They might not be big draws, but Mighty Mouse isn't just not a draw, but again, he has been proven to be a severe detriment to buyrate and ratings. Any time he main events a PPV the buyrate is immediately in the 100K range. And he has the lowest rating for any UFC on Fox, and there has been shit ones. If the entire division vanished nobody would bat an eye.

    And I highly doubt Mighty Mouse beats TJ Dillashaw or Cody. Those are absolutely awful stylistic matches for him. They won't shoot for an awful single and then attempt to pull guard like the guy who can't beat Justin Scoggins (Ray Borg) did.

  7. #9157
    Wolfpac Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    23,069
    Rep Power
    48541
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    No, I'm saying lesser talent. The fact that there are far fewer men in the world that can make that weight and be healthy means there is a far smaller pool of talent. You're right that nobody knows who they are, but it's because nobody gives a shit. They are the size of children, most people will pass.

    And why are you telling me TJ and Cody aren't draws? I'm saying they would likely beat him, never said shit about their drawing ability.
    I think it's just that nobody gives a shit on the bigger scale the same way nobody gives a shit about most of the divisions as a whole. I mean, McGregor, biggest draw in the UFC, why doesn't anyone at 145 or 155 draw even a 5th of the numbers he does on UFC ppv? If McGregor was at 125 we'd be singing a different tune about the division. I don't think it's about size as much as it is about the fact that the UFC is oversaturating their own product to the point where with any weight class if you don't have the machine behind you, if you don't have a flashy persona, or if you didn't make your name before 2010, good luck. You need at least 2 of those to really blow up in the UFC. Conor McGregor is not where he is just because he ha a flashy persona, he had the machine, and he fucking delivered. MM, if he had a flashy person, if he had the machine, he already delivers in the cage, but he would be a bigger deal I would think but that's just me.

    Sorry about the draws thing I was caught up in the moment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    They might not be big draws, but Mighty Mouse isn't just not a draw, but again, he has been proven to be a severe detriment to buyrate and ratings. Any time he main events a PPV the buyrate is immediately in the 100K range. And he has the lowest rating for any UFC on Fox, and there has been shit ones. If the entire division vanished nobody would bat an eye.

    And I highly doubt Mighty Mouse beats TJ Dillashaw or Cody. Those are absolutely awful stylistic matches for him. They won't shoot for an awful single and then attempt to pull guard like the guy who can't beat Justin Scoggins (Ray Borg) did.
    I'm not even disagreeing with you about Mighty Mouse's drawing ability.

    It's almost impossible for me to look at a guy with 2 losses, at least 6 years ago, and go "This is a bad match up and this is why he'd lose". He's fast, he's strong, he's innovative, he's well-rounded. He's beaten guys that were top guys at 135. Take your petty excuse for not liking him out of the equation and respect the man's ability.

  8. #9158
    Hurricane Hammer Mark Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    26,793
    Rep Power
    38137
    He lost to Brad Pickett and should have lost to Ian McCall the first time they fought. He's not a world beater. He's a great fighter fighting mostly cans. That division is garbage.

  9. #9159
    Hurricane Hammer Mark Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    26,793
    Rep Power
    38137
    And I forgot, but his "win" over Miguel Torres was utter bullshit. He squealed like a piglet when they gifted him the decision too.

  10. #9160
    GO ON LAD Fanny Batter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Respectville
    Posts
    22,700
    Rep Power
    4053
    Truthfully, the only way to measure greatness is how great they do against talent that can also be considered great. Demetrious is likely the most talented fighter of all time but he's only really got Benavidez as a big win. Cejedo will likely become great but was shy on experience when they fought. Dodson is very good. Horiguchi, like Cejedo, fought him a bit early. Other than that the resume isn't great. Nobody else in the division has even beat those 4 guys let alone DJ. It's not like GSP who beat Penn, Hughes, Hendricks, Serra and Sherk (all recognised former undisputed UFC champions) as well as Shields, Diaz and Condit (champs in major promotions) AND Fitch, Koscheck and Alves, likely top 20 all time in a stacked weight class. Mighty Mouse has beaten one recognised champion from a major promotion thus far in Miguel Torres. Yes, his division is new and there hasn't been other flyweight champs because he's been the constant, but you need wins over top fighters.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •