User Tag List

Page 3 of 159 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Transfer Rumours Thread

Simon
    Na I think he is exactly the kind of solid, hard-working player a top team needs at their heart. Fletcher, Essien, Mascherano...I think he can be as good as those players. Obviously without a genuine class act to create things you're not going to get far, but Milner is a great addition to the side. They just need a really top class striker.

I ate them before they ate me El Capitano Gatisto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's had one good season as a central midfielder, it's a bit much to say he'll be as good as Essien or Mascherano for fuck's sake. City already have defensive midfielders by the bucket-load, what they need is an overhaul of their forwards and defence. Buying up ordinary, over-priced Premier League players every summer won't move them on.

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano Gatisto View Post
    He's had one good season as a central midfielder, it's a bit much to say he'll be as good as Essien or Mascherano for fuck's sake. City already have defensive midfielders by the bucket-load, what they need is an overhaul of their forwards and defence. Buying up ordinary, over-priced Premier League players every summer won't move them on.
    *half a season

AlphaBrennino
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair he has had more than one good season, this has just been an above standards season.
    It would honestly call into question the whole notion of 'supporting' a team if Milner decides to fuck off to City for me. That's how pissed off such a thing would make me and as Cuncha said it would underline and highlight what Villa are in reality i.e. a small time selling club.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's saying 1 good season in the centre, has he not been on the wing previously

The Rosk
    Exactly. I don't know how I can carry on supporting a club if we are just going to continually sell off our prize assets to the highest bidder, and replace them with players like Stewart Downing.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    The squad has quality in it so I think we can survive without doing too much business. The midfield is good and players like Guthrie have come along a lot in the last year.

Enrique is a Prem left back, he really is class. Colo looked good in the Championship, hopefully he can impress in the Premier League this time around. Taylor's situation is interesting because I think Hughton is a big fan of Carroll and I imagine Ashley is already picturing selling him next season, I hope Taylor sticks around though.

The only place I think we will struggle is up front, I can't see where the goals are going to come from. Ameobi is pants and Carroll probably won't score with as much freedom, nor Lovenkrands.

Eh? The team is worse than the team that completely capitulated to take you down. Its full of Championship quality players as judged by the fact that your points total did not reflect your performances. Most even delusional Newcastle fans I know would happily admit that they fluked their way to many points that they didnt deserve last season and that they wont be so lucky in the Premiership where you pay for your mistakes. Dont kids yourself, Newcastle have to spend considerably and wisely to prosper in the Premiership next season. I'd rank them as one of the favourites to get relegated as squad quality stands at the moment.

The Rosk
    Oh God just heard that Villa are bidding £15million for Carlton Cole I mean Jesus fucking Christ that's it I am not looking at anymore cunting fucking cunting twatty rumours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Milner is not a £20-25 million winger. I don't think he's worth that after one season in central midfield either. It wouldn't be so bad for Villa were it not for the absolute certainty that MON would not use the money wisely to improve the team. He's not going to try out a good player from Europe, he's going to spend it on 3 or 4 distinctly average players playing in England.

The Rosk
    Players we would get for the £25 million touted for Milner:

David Wheater - £9 million
    Kevin Kilbane - £4 million
    Carlton Cole - £12 million

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O'Neill Shopping List:

Kevin Nolan - £4m
    Jonathan Greening - £3m
    George McCartney - £6m
    Chris Baird - £3m
    Kenwynne Jones - £25m

Simon
    Why won't you all listen, he will DEFINITELY buy Jermaine Jenas. No one will even realise the transfer has gone through until he scores a goal in a drab end of season affair at home to Bolton to confirm eighth place.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavrilo Princip View Post
    Eh? The team is worse than the team that completely capitulated to take you down. Its full of Championship quality players as judged by the fact that your points total did not reflect your performances. Most even delusional Newcastle fans I know would happily admit that they fluked their way to many points that they didnt deserve last season and that they wont be so lucky in the Premiership where you pay for your mistakes. Dont kids yourself, Newcastle have to spend considerably and wisely to prosper in the Premiership next season. I'd rank them as one of the favourites to get relegated as squad quality stands at the moment.
    Say what you will about Nolan but behind the striker he is effective and drives the team forward. Guthrie has always been a talented midfielder and has started adding some consistency to his game. Gutierrez has improved his final ball and has always been good at running at his man. Then there's the combative midfielder which is either Alan Smith or Joey Barton who both play their role, Barton much better than Smith.

Steven Taylor has been playing Premier League football for years and Coloccini must improve from where he was last year. Enrique is quality. Then there's Williamson, Simpson etc.

I genuinely feel all we lack to have a decent shot at survival is a striker. You're obviously as biased as I am Mik because you've always tried to take shots where you can. West Brom will go back down, then Blackpool/Cardiff. We have as good a shot as anyone to stay up without massive amounts of money.

Simon
    Looking at your squad there is no reason whatsoever to think you would stay up without a lot of investment.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Looking at your squad there is no reason whatsoever to think you would stay up without a lot of investment.
    I disagree. It needs some investment but by no means does it need 'a lot of investment'.

I'm perfectly happy with the midfield. We need a striker who scores goals, Carroll is capable of playing first choice and being effective.

Ideally we'd buy some more defenders but the defence isn't catastrophic. The squad is largely the same as that which was not going down under Joe Kinnear so with consistency we can make a good go of it.

Many of these players have Premier League experience.

AlphaBrennino
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O'Neill's shopping list:

Ashley Young £8 million.
    James Milner £12 million.

I am not having a Blackburn fan jibe at our transfer policy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be a waste of time buying players he already owns.

Simon
    I disagree. It needs some investment but by no means does it need 'a lot of investment'.

I'm perfectly happy with the midfield. We need a striker who scores goals, Carroll is capable of playing first choice and being effective.

Ideally we'd buy some more defenders but the defence isn't catastrophic. The squad is largely the same as that which was not going down under Joe Kinnear so with consistency we can make a good go of it.

Many of these players have Premier League experience.
    They have experience of being relegated from the Premier League. If you think you could stay up with pretty much the current squad, you are in for a surprise.

AlphaBrennino
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by turdpower View Post
    Be a waste of time buying players he already owns.
    I didn't say it was his current transfer list.

Nice try though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have experience of being relegated from the Premier League. If you think you could stay up with pretty much the current squad, you are in for a surprise.
    Of course they can stay up with that squad, or very minor adjustments. Why do you talk so much fucking shit? You are literally saying they can't avoid relegation with that team.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    You've moaned at jidge for not contributing anything but you aren't contributing anything yourself.

I've not categorically claimed that we are going to finish 15th and be 10 points clear of relegation, I've said we've got as good a chance as anyone at staying up. To deny that means you are in for as much of a surprise.

These players have the experience of being relegated once in unusual circumstances with managerial changes, board room unrest. Many of the players have played successfully in the Premier League some for many years.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    Half the league is shit. Put a decent striker in that Newcastle team and they would probably finish mid-table.

WBA cannot defend and the other team that comes up will clearly struggle. Wigan minus N'Zogbia will be in big trouble. There's three Newcastle will finish above.

Simon
    Of course they can stay up with that squad, or very minor adjustments. Why do you talk so much fucking shit? You are literally saying they can't avoid relegation with that team.
    Give me a team that has stayed up without significant improvements to the side? It doesn't happen. The side went down with a stronger side than the current one. They've lost Owen, Duff, Bassong and Beye from their first-choice line-up, and replaced them with Best, Williamson, Routledge and Simpson. There is no reason to think they would stay up without significant investment given that they are a significantly weaker side than the one that got relegated a year ago. It's theoretically possible but it wouldn't happen.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Give me a team that has stayed up without significant improvements to the side? It doesn't happen. The side went down with a stronger side than the current one. They've lost Owen, Duff, Bassong and Beye from their first-choice line-up, and replaced them with Best, Williamson, Routledge and Simpson. There is no reason to think they would stay up without significant investment given that they are a significantly weaker side than the one that got relegated a year ago. It's theoretically possible but it wouldn't happen.
    That argument doesn't stand up because you are looking at it entirely based on the fact that the team has lost some big names since the last time we were in the league compared to the teams that are around us.

Owen and Martins were ineffective when they were in the 3 pronged attack during the Shearer reign. Duff was playing left back and Enrique is a significantly better left back. Taylor and Coloccini are decent enough defenders, one is in and around the Argentina squad and impressed in La Liga (not too difficult for defenders, I know) and the other was part of a Newcastle team that got into Europe and performed well for years.

Beye is a big loss and Simpson might struggle but he did alright at Blackburn and has experience. What's more the team has gelled and have played some good football and looked on each others wavelength, something that couldn't have been said last time we were in the division.

As I said earlier, they were unusual circumstances when we went down. Clipboard Chris will almost certainly be around for the season regardless of success adding stability for the squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a joke. What were Wolve's significant improvements then? Stoke's?

Any team up to 10th place last season could get relegated. Most of the sides involved are crap. Wigan and Wolves, in particular, are two bad teams. Bolton are a bad team. West Ham are a bad team and woefully mismanaged. The two sides coming up with Newcastle are/will be weaker than they are.

Think about what you are saying.

Simon
    You're a joke. What were Wolve's significant improvements then? Stoke's?

Any team up to 10th place last season could get relegated. Most of the sides involved are crap. Wigan and Wolves, in particular, are two bad teams. Bolton are a bad team. West Ham are a bad team and woefully mismanaged. The two sides coming up with Newcastle are/will be weaker than they are.

Think about what you are saying.
    Wolves signed a striker who their manager has acknowledged was the key to them staying up, you've made a fool of yourself citing them as evidence of your point of view because it is proof of what I am saying. Want further proof? Their star man from the Championship was Ebanks-Blake, and he scored one league goal all season. Without Doyle they would have struggled hugely for the goals that eventually kept them up.

They also signed Mancienne who was a key figure for them in centre mid for much of the season season.

Stoke were also struggling until James Beattie came in - as with McCarthy on Doyle, Pulis has acknowledged on numerous occasions that Beattie scored the goals that kept them in the division. They also signed Etherington, Sorensen and Faye, who have proven to be key players in their survival in their first season and consolidation in their second season. Again, this is proof of the point I am making, not the point you are making.

In my opinion it is unlikely that either side would have stayed up without the signings they made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wolves DID NOT significantly improve their squad. Nor did Stoke. You have made a fool of yourself by suggesting that signing Championship/lower PL players are significant improvements. If Newcastle go out and sign 2-3 players from clubs below or around them, you would call that a significant improvement then?

Further, Newcastle already have players who have routinely played at a higher level, so their squad base is stronger already than most sides coming up.

Simon
    Wolves DID NOT significantly improve their squad. Nor did Stoke. You have made a fool of yourself by suggesting that signing Championship/lower PL players are significant improvements. If Newcastle go out and sign 2-3 players from clubs below or around them, you would call that a significant improvement then?

Further, Newcastle already have players who have routinely played at a higher level, so their squad base is stronger already than most sides coming up.
    For all your posturing you are ignoring the fundamental issue that Wolves DID significantly improve their side by signing a proven Premier League goalscorer who joined and DID score the goals that kept them in the league. If you are going to ignore these two things which I would consider to be facts then there is no argument to be had. Same with Beattie at Stoke. Both managers have acknowledged how important these signings were to them retaining their places in the league, so you'll forgive me if I don't side with you in saying they weren't significant improvements.

Newcastle have a squad of players who have failed once to keep them up. If they sign players, as I'm sure they will, then they have a great chance of staying up, because the standard of the league right now isn't very good. If they don't, then they will go back down, just as other sides who have stuck with what they had have done. Burnley last season, Watford a few years ago. Reading are the only exception to the rule I can think of.

Whaddaya think about that 1_Pablo_Angel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did wigan or Reading improve their squads much when they came up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh you said Reading. whoops

Simon
    Alex, don't imply (via rep, so this makes sense) that I'm saying what I'm saying because of some vendetta against Newcastle, that is baseless, childish and pathetic. If you don't agree with me then fair enough but don't bring this gay shit to the discussion.

Andy
    There is a lot of shit teams in the league, Newcastle could easily stay up with their squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For all your posturing you are ignoring the fundamental issue that Wolves DID significantly improve their side by signing a proven Premier League goalscorer who joined and DID score the goals that kept them in the league. If you are going to ignore these two things which I would consider to be facts then there is no argument to be had. Same with Beattie at Stoke. Both managers have acknowledged how important these signings were to them retaining their places in the league, so you'll forgive me if I don't side with you in saying they weren't significant improvements.

Newcastle have a squad of players who have failed once to keep them up. If they sign players, as I'm sure they will, then they have a great chance of staying up, because the standard of the league right now isn't very good. If they don't, then they will go back down, just as other sides who have stuck with what they had have done. Burnley last season, Watford a few years ago. Reading are the only exception to the rule I can think of.
    Kevin Doyle was a proven Championship goalscorer, he was certainly not a proven Premier League goalscorer unless you stretch the definition to "has documented evidence of having scored in the Premier League." He didn't even make 10 goals in the Premier League this season, did he? I'm not denying he's a good player, in fact he's a very good player, but I think you're taking the piss by saying that signing one good player is significantly improving a squad.

So I am not ignoring anything, I am suggesting you choose your words properly. Buying cast-offs is not significantly improving your squad. What you mean to say is that Newcastle need to buy a striker who can get them a few goals, which is exactly what everyone else has said too. Even then you have absolutely guaranteed Newcastle will be relegated if their squad remains the same, despite there being weaker sides in the league already.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Wolves signed a striker who their manager has acknowledged was the key to them staying up, you've made a fool of yourself citing them as evidence of your point of view because it is proof of what I am saying. Want further proof? Their star man from the Championship was Ebanks-Blake, and he scored one league goal all season. Without Doyle they would have struggled hugely for the goals that eventually kept them up.

They also signed Mancienne who was a key figure for them in centre mid for much of the season season.

Stoke were also struggling until James Beattie came in - as with McCarthy on Doyle, Pulis has acknowledged on numerous occasions that Beattie scored the goals that kept them in the division. They also signed Etherington, Sorensen and Faye, who have proven to be key players in their survival in their first season and consolidation in their second season. Again, this is proof of the point I am making, not the point you are making.

In my opinion it is unlikely that either side would have stayed up without the signings they made.
    Mancienne flirted in and out of the team, by no means was he crucial to them staying up. He came in for the West Ham game and played well but their central midfield was made up of Henry, Jones and Guediora with Mancienne coming in from time to time.

Doyle was influential but not really because of his goals, he scored 6 goals all season or something and about 2 since Christmas. We've got players like Nolan and Carroll who can perform a similar role of bringing other players into play that Doyle provides, albeit they are not as good as Doyle.

Alex, don't imply (via rep, so this makes sense) that I'm saying what I'm saying because of some vendetta against Newcastle, that is baseless, childish and pathetic. If you don't agree with me then fair enough but don't bring this gay shit to the discussion.
    baseless, childish and pathetic is over the top.

Just the other week, I was having a discussion with someone and you waded in with a comment just to attack Newcastle. I'll dig it out, you hadn't been involved in the discussion you just wanted to add it. So not baseless.

Because Newcastle are a circus full of shite.
    You've been chucking around baseless comments without singling out players that have performed well at Premier League level for a long time and have gelled into a team over the last year that has looked well connected.

Simon
    Don't be such a fucking drama queen bender, I have no issue with Newcastle whatsoever.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I don't really care what you think about Newcastle but you've barely looked into the argument. What about players like Barton, Taylor, Nolan, Smith, Harper and so on that have played for a long time in the Premier League?

EDIT: dunno why I put Gutierrez in there

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    Exactly. I don't know how I can carry on supporting a club if we are just going to continually sell off our prize assets to the highest bidder, and replace them with players like Stewart Downing.
    I assume this is a joke.

Simon
    I don't really care what you think about Newcastle but you've barely looked into the argument. What about players like Barton, Taylor, Nolan, Smith, Harper and so on that have played for a long time in the Premier League?

EDIT: dunno why I put Gutierrez in there
    Those players all got you relegated a year ago when surrounded by a superior group of players to the group you have now. Why do you assume they would be good enough to stay up this time around.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Those players all got you relegated a year ago when surrounded by a superior group of players to the group you have now. Why do you assume they would be good enough to stay up this time around.
    Like I said, the circumstances then were unusual. Under Kinnear we didn't look like going down, his illnesses lead to some instability and managers struggling to motivate the players which meant that we were playing awful football.

You mentioned players like Duff and Owen that we are now missing but they were wildly underperforming compared to what we all expect. The Duff I've seen for Fulham this season is miles improved to what he was like last season, which I think highlights the mismanagement.

The players have gelled over the last season and we look stronger as a team. I'm delusional to think that we are 100% staying up but you seem to be categorically denying that we have any chance which I disagree with. I have added that getting goals will be a big issue for us with the current strike force.

I hope and believe that we will do some business, whether it be some loans or perhaps free transfers. Some fans believe that if Milner moves then we get a cut but I can't see anything from the time of the transfer to suggest that may be the case.

Managerial stability, playing more as a unit and players who have developed over the last season lead me to believe that we have a chance of staying up and I don't think that's an unreasonable belief.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Wolves bought a striker who scored goals and stayed up? Hardly a lot of investment and sounds exactly like what Alex is saying his team needs.

AWOL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The year Ipswich came up and finished 5th their only major signing was Hermann Hreiðarsson.

AlphaBrennino
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkoke View Post
    The year Ipswich came up and finished 5th their only major signing was Hermann Hreiðarsson.
    That is pretty fucking major, to be fair.

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being a fan of a team challenging towards the top end of the league, Simon may under-estimate how bad some of the teams down the bottom of the league are. The fact that we finished tenth after having spent minus £18m last summer shows that.

I've seen better teams than Wigan and Bolton down my local park.

Andy
    F365's massive list of likely movers:

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brennino View Post
    O'Neill's shopping list:

Ashley Young £8 million.
    James Milner £12 million.

I am not having a Blackburn fan jibe at our transfer policy.
    Why? Our transfer policy is tremendous.

Warnock - sold at £5m profit
    Bentley - sold at £17m profit
    Santa Cruz - sold at £15m profit

Assets still at the club:
    N'Zonzi - bought for £300k; value now ???
    Samba - bought for £500k; value now ???

AlphaBrennino
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are jibing at O'Neill's ability to buy, which is a joke. Gimmie MON over Sam every day of the week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about that. Would MON have gambled on Jay-Jay Okocha or Youri Djorkaeff? Big Sam's transfer moves have been shrewd over the years. MON's scouting network seems to be one scout who cycles about England and knowledge of players he has already managed.

AWOL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's safe to say MON wouldn't have gambled.

When Rivaldo was a free transfer years ago he intimated to the press that he'd be open to an offer from Celtic and Martin O'Neill offered him a 2 week trial - Rivaldo FFS.

AlphaBrennino
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about that. Would MON have gambled on Jay-Jay Okocha or Youri Djorkaeff? Big Sam's transfer moves have been shrewd over the years. MON's scouting network seems to be one scout who cycles about England and knowledge of players he has already managed.
    Suppose Sam has won more to be fair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MON seems to be a manager who would do well to have a good Director of Football buying his players for him.

Andy
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...ove-to-arsenal

Chamakh is official.

What a silly number.

Apparently Barca have officially made contact over Fabregas too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suppose Sam has won more to be fair.
    Sam hasn't managed Celtic. Don't see what that has to do with crititising MON's transfer policy anyway. He's a great coach who gets the very best out of players, but he tends to sign some very limited players.

AlphaBrennino
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't in regard to his transfer policy, it was when I said I would rather have him every day of the week and you didn't know about that, which is a laugh.

Celtic arguement is weaker, but he managed a UEFA Cup final while managing them and at the end of the day got his league titles. Plus he has never been sacked. Blackburn fans would say their club are of similar stature to Villa and MON has got us to three top six finishes in a row.

MON every day of the week for me.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkoke View Post
    When we came up in 1995 the only player we signed was Bryan Roy and we finished 3rd.

The League was more open then and our team was considerably better than Newcastle's is now - so I'm not really sure what point this proves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course MON is a better manager. His transfer policy is still fairly crap and a hindrance to going further with Villa. He has spent an awful lot of money on some very average players indeed.

Blackburn haven't had that kind of money to spend since the 90s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blackburn fans would say their club are of similar stature to Villa

I'm almost certain the vast majority wouldn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And ECG is right, depressingly.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Albin Ebondo is expected to fly into England for talks with some English clubs according to a fella claiming to be ITK at West Brom. He's expected to meet with Stoke, West Brom and Newcastle.

He's a right back who is a free agent after leaving Toulouse. I can't say I remember ever seeing him play but another right back would be nice.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just read the gossip about West Ham wanting to buy Theirry Henry and Luca Toni.

Seriously will they never learn? What a pair of dickhead transfers they would be.
    Last edited by MMH; May 24th, 2010 at 8:44 AM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm suprised they aren't also in for Beckham and Hargreaves as well.

Simon
    My mate was out dancing with David Sullivan the other night, she said he is a lovely guy.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    Just read the gossip about West Ham wanting to buy Theirry Henry and Luca Toni.

Seriously will they never learn? What a pair of dickhead transfers they would be.
    I thought Henry had already signed for some MLS side ?

Alf
    David Silva to City according to Spanish press. Liverpool also interested but can't afford him so are trying player swap deals.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Craig Bellamy to Cardiff

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Haha, yeah I saw that in the Mirror. Jokes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sky Sports saying Man City are in talks to sign Dzeko. Steve McLaren mentioned the other day he has a set fee release clause that expires on Monday.

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's going to be interesting to see, this summer, that the idea that top players won't sign for a team without CL football is total bollocks when there are £5m+ salaries up for grabs.

Simon
    In fairness Laz any player joining City can reasonably say they are joining for the opportunity to win major honours. City came close to qualifying for the CL last season and are even better placed to do it this year.

In any case I don't see why people make such a big deal, 99% of the population would take the offer of more money but less recognition in their job.

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most people don't do the job they love. How many muscians walk away from record deals to do their own thing? How many movie stars work in the West End istead of doing an action movie. Sports, and football more than most, seem to be a place where people who would be paid an insane amount wherever they go choose to go somewhere that may be less enjoyable for a slightly larger wage.

Andy
    They're in talks with Real about Gago and Higuain too apparently. Surely Mourinho wouldn't be stupid enough to let Higuain go.

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needs the money to buy an army of dull 30 year olds who can hold the ball up and defend in numbers.

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been linked with Kris Boyd. He ticks all the boxes for us; i.e. free.

Would rather have him than Dindane or Piquionne anyway.

Simon
    Gerrard is in to evens to join Madrid

Paul, Dindane has joined a side in Qatar or somewhere similar.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Where have the Joe Cole to United rumours come from? Or is this the first folk have heard?

Simon
    Heard a little rumour a while ago but nothing more substantial.

Andy
    SkySports reckons Villa made a last minute bid for Zigic.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Pienaar is as good as going. The usual make the player look like a twat whilst making our club look good story has appeared in the Echo.

Fuck him, Bilyaletadinov will be immense next season.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Everton should buy Moutinho with the money they get for Pienaar and they should snap him up quickly before Man Utd or Arsenal come in for him to replace Carrick/Fabregas.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we have been linked with a move for him and another Sporting player whos name escapes me.

Id assume we will make a move for Donovan too and it looks like Yobo will be on his way out of the club (Which is silly but whatever)

Andy
    I'd like to see Donovan go to Everton, he looked class for the few weeks he was there.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Lazy) Reports today have Manchester City linked with Arteta, Pienaar and Heitinga.

Why didnt the Arabs just buy us instead and save themselves all the messing around? They would have got themselves a better manager too.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Beckford to Everton confirmed then MMH, honestly I can't see this one turning out too well..

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn View Post
    So Beckford to Everton confirmed then MMH, honestly I can't see this one turning out too well..
    It already has turned out well.

He cost nothing, he is better than Vaughan and Anichibe and if he turns out to be rubbish we will sell him to some random Championship team for 3-4M.

Cant lose at all.

With Moyes past history of signing lower league players ill give him the benefit of the doubt for now too.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I mean is that I see him being rubbish.

Simon
    But like he said there is no outlay bar presumably low wages. If he flops, they sell him and make money on him anyway. Everton can't lose!

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying they can! I can't see it turning out well in that I think he WILL flop in the Premiership, Everton not losing anything if he does is another matter. He'll probably bang in the goals now and prove me wrong.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn View Post
    I'm not saying they can! I can't see it turning out well in that I think he WILL flop in the Premiership, Everton not losing anything if he does is another matter. He'll probably bang in the goals now and prove me wrong.
    He probably will.

As I said with Moyes record of buying from lower leagues that makes me think he may turn out alright.

If he cost loads of money then I would be concerned.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen Beckford play five times either live in person on TV. I've not seen him score or have a good game. You can't argue with his record though. I've got a feeling this might be a decent signing.

Andy
    There's a guy on the Arsenal forums I go on who is absolutely adamant that Joe Cole will be announced as an Arsenal player tomorrow. Can't see it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    While it may happen (which i doubt as i think he's on his way to Man Utd) i can't see his future being decided until after the World Cup as i don't see Capello allowing a player to leave the England camp to sort out a transfer.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    He probably will.

As I said with Moyes record of buying from lower leagues that makes me think he may turn out alright.

If he cost loads of money then I would be concerned.
    Why has his contract been cancelled by Leeds?

He must be a right wanker. They only picked him up from non league in 2006 and he has been making noises about moving for what seems like years.

Also.

Tattoo on neck = cock.

That is a fact of life.

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was cancelled with about 4 weeks to go as he asked for it to be.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah because he is a wanker.

Nothing against Everton but I hope he flops.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah Leeds made him a final offer he said he was going they weren't getting compo so cancelled the contract to save themselves a months wages etc.

I do think he's a dick though

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What on earth makes him or Everton think he is cut out for the Premier League anyway?

It would be like Villa signing Grant Holt.

The Rosk
    He would be better than Heskey.

The Rosk
    It would actually be like Villa signing Fabian Delph. That one will definitely work out.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grant Holt is fantastic. Stop sullying his good name.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Grant Holt ever gets signed by a Premership club I'll shag Kris Commons.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course he won't get signed by a Prem club.

He'll make it there with Norwich!