Results 22,801 to 22,880 of 22880

Thread: The NXT Thread

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I'll be very surprised if Jade starts in NXT.
    Same. I think she jumps immediately to RAW, is kept away from Bianca until a faceoff during the Women’s Rumble. Bianca v Jade with a title on the line is a high profile, if not main event, match at Wrestlemania; probably not in Philly, but likely at WM41 in 2025.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE is heat checking their ability to see how the main roster talent coming to NXT creates sizzle by bringing Alpha Academy there. That said, this is a very smart way to keep talent on TV but finding a truly beneficial platform for all parties (the talent, NXT, viewership) to keep things moving. Becky didn't have anything going on the main roster so instead of putting her on ice and having her go stale with a nothing program, having her go to NXT was useful. This is probably keeping things moving until they decide whether or not they want to pull the trigger on Gable.

Whenever Breakker gets called up, that guy needs to be on an undefeated streak. He's got the makings of being a monster.

Bate mentioned it in his promo and it got brought up during commentary but man, has he gotten passed by in terms of a lot of talent. Guys have come onto WWE TV/NXT/NXT UK around the same time as him and they've zoomed onto the main roster before him. Even in the case of Dijak, the guy went onto the main roster, flamed out due to a terrible gimmick, and is presumably higher on the pecking order in NXT than Bate. It's quite wild. He must be singled out as a guy they want as a main feature of NXT Europe when that comes back around, otherwise they're really wasting a prime prospect.

Hayes isn't as good as Reigns in terms of staring into the camera during an embrace but he's good.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super damn late with some thoughts from the last episode...

That main event promo dragged on to the point where Trick/Melo had to talk like no one actually would about the attack just to keep it going and work King in there. Lexis King getting right into a meaningful storyline and not just fucking around beating jobbers or whatever is nice. Don't know if the guy has the good but am very curious to find out.

Wagner/Breakker didn't seem nearly aggressive/intense enough considering the build.

Xia Li's appearance was so badass.

Arrianna Grace's new gimmick and how they used her was hilarious.

I really want OTM to start gaining some damn momentum.

When is the Men's Breakout Tournament happening? Cody mentioned it but there's been nothing since...hoping Oba Femi is returning in it.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoying NXT again. It feels like there's something going on with just about everyone on the roster and that's how you keep things interesting. I been casually watching for the last few months but watched this week and last two weeks.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tonight's main event fatal fourway was an absolute slapper.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Tonight's main event fatal fourway was an absolute slapper.
    Truer words haven't been spoken. Also shined a light on the fact that the three MR guys really need a hook to get more time because they can cook when they're given rope. Seems like Reed has the easier path right now because they're going to put a spotlight on a beefy men showcase.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was reading on a Reddit article that McKenzie is being released. Real shame we never got to see the blow off with her and Javi but yeah her and Kayla were the best of the backstage talent actually interacting with the talent and not being a side piece holding the mic.

Co-sign on mth with the 4-way being a fucking slapper.

They’re trying something new…again with Joe Gacy.
    Last edited by Badger; December 3rd, 2023 at 1:55 AM.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like the Schism stable had potential but everyone was miscast and it wasn't big enough to sell me on the idea they convinced Rocky's daughter to join. I didn't hate it, but it's like...now what? Will this guy ever get over? Probably not. He doesn't have the look. He looks like someone that does well selling insurance.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Those Grizzly guys must have been depressed having to be in a stable with talentless hacks. No wonder they asked for their releases.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Gacy himself and think he's got talent but yeah, Schism was not it. Aspects of it worked for me, like The Purge aesthetic, but GYV were miscast, their mission was never really clear, they had that same "cult without any members" issue as the Wyatts (but suddenly having 50 maasked members show up sometimes), and their promos were boring as hell. Joe's past couple promo things have been better than any he did while with the group so I'm optimistic he might be able to break out with this new persona.
    Last edited by mth; December 4th, 2023 at 2:23 PM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah hope so too. Not quite understanding the gimmick in full yet. Can guess the “under the ring/beneath everyone” metaphor but randomly stealing the ring bell is odd. I’ll give it a chance though and see where this goes.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few comments after tonight's episode...

Holy shit to Lash bodyslamming Otis!

I forgot Tatum Paxley existed.

Men's Breakout! Oba Femi! Some of the other dudes look cool, too.

Baron Corbin is so damn underrated. I'll be rooting for him to win even though he won't.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That stinks that Wesley is injured

Cool that Dragonly will replace him though.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dragunov has developed quite nicely since arriving to NXT US version. Didn't think much of the guy for awhile but once getting into the title picture he's really improved. A guy like that I could easily see him arriving on the main roster next year into a prominent heel role.

Don't know all the dudes in the breakout tournament but looks like it should be a good one.

The rise and fall and rise again of Chase U. It's kind of been all over the place where I thought Duke was going to turn a few months ago, or Thea would, or JJ would corrupt Thea and abandon Chase U. The multiple options and paths the story has taken has been fun.

What happened to those two dudes Xyon and Odyssey who were free agents, I don't watch main event but have they been on there or got lost leaving NXT?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeseToTheFace View Post

What happened to those two dudes Xyon and Odyssey who were free agents, I don't watch main event but have they been on there or got lost leaving NXT?
    Not really. Jones was pitched to join Lashley's stable but nothing ever happened with that, to this point.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I actually liked the guy during his limited time in NXT.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deadline

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figured Punk might appear backstage but in ring was a nice surprise. The exchange with HBK was amusing if a little awkward.

Dom/Lee was good enough. Nice win for Lee though I was a little surprised the title went from one double duty to another guy that'll have to do the same but I assume that's 'cuz Wes is out.

Women's ISC was a bit meh to start but once everyone was out there, it got cooking. Lash is a beast and had the most memorable spots for me outside of Tiff's dive off the box. Blair's ok but doesn't light my world on fire so her winning doesn't do alot for me but it'll be fine. Honestly, feel the same about Cora Jade.

King/Melo was alright but nothing above a TV quality match. I dig King's character and mic work and horrible beard but in ring, nothing too impressive here. Even the reveal that he was just fucking with Trick/Melo seemed underwhelmingly revealed at the end. Trick/Melo feud still seems like it's clearly the endpoint, though.

Men's ISC was MOTN for me. Just fast paced intense action with lots of impressive stuff from everyone. Gotta admit solo Briggs is starting to do it for me. Funnily enough, I had just told my wife it'd be rad if someone eliminated 3 people in rapid succession right before Breakker did exactly that. Have they ever explained what would happen if the time ran out with a tie for most points? 'Cuz that's what I thought was going to happen before Trick racked up the win in the last stretch.

Steel Cage match was ok but ultimately forgettable outside of Izzi at the end. I don't even remember why they were feuding.

Main event was good. Corbin's Hellboy/BRPD themed entrance/gear was rad. Definitely another one of Corbin's best. Never really thought he'd win it at any point, though.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christ that Men’s Survivor booking and finish was a masterpiece! Whooop that Triiiiick!!!!

Carmelo’s more than likely going to screw him over come the title match but all the better for Trick’s journey to eventual journey.

Who would have thought that the apparent Janetty (Trick) is outshining the apparent Shawn (Melo) who is probably going to throw him through a window.

These guys right now are like the new Rockers…Melo wearing a leather jacket (I actually posted in here a bit back after seeing a Twitter ref). Shawn being in NXT has probably came up with the whole thing lol.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh also nod to Dragon Lee! Pleasantly surprised they pulled the trigger on him considering he was a sub but at the same time gutted for Wes Lee as that would have been his moment.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't say they're The Rockers simply because they rarely had any tag matches together. This is more like Shawn/Diesel where the bodyguard is starting to outshine the guarded body. I'm not really into Hayes, never have been probably never will be. I could tell Trick was a star in the making.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I wouldn't say they're The Rockers simply because they rarely had any tag matches together. This is more like Shawn/Diesel where the bodyguard is starting to outshine the guarded body. I'm not really into Hayes, never have been probably never will be. I could tell Trick was a star in the making.
    I know they haven’t really worked as an official tag team. I was more meaning their relationship is quite similar. Someone theorised Hayes was wearing a similar jacket to Shawn at the barbershop (which may or may be wrong) but I get your point.

Shawn/Diesel is a pretty good comparison.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bron Breakker scoring 3 pinfalls in a short span is believable, Trick Williams scoring 4 pinfalls to come back from behind, is not.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Bron Breakker scoring 3 pinfalls in a short span is believable, Trick Williams scoring 4 pinfalls to come back from behind, is not.
    Possibly a bit of a stretch but personally doesn’t bother me. It’s standard NXT fare for the drama. I’m alright with it.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Trick just seems so green. Should have had Trick vs. Dom for the NA title, put someone else in the main event, and have Dijak or Breakker win that.

Apologies Tyler Bate, I forgot you were in the match. Shows how exciting you are.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trick just seems so green. Should have had Trick vs. Dom for the NA title, put someone else in the main event, and have Dijak or Breakker win that.
    He maybe needs a bit of polish in the ring but what’s more important is right now he’s over like fucking rover at the moment with the crowd so the push is fine.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It was a good show. Not knowing much of the talent makes it even more exciting. Fallon who? Tiffany what? Just pure thrills in that first women's match.

Lexis King's facial hair has my interest.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am disappointed in Bron, not only because he took the deciding loss, but because he looks like he should have gotten a dozen pinfalls over the rest of those jabronies.

I kind of liked Lexis King's approach to getting himself on the PLE. He saw an opportunity to stir up shit, and used it to get some attention on himself. And he didn't completely disappoint in the ring. I am interested in what comes next for him. I don't watch NXT often, but am I right that King is Brian Pillman Jr.?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are correct. He did a series of introductory vignettes where he talked about it and how he was denouncing his famous dad in favor of his step dad who actually raised him and whatnot.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way Pillman Jr/King booked across both AEW and at the moment is literally a football game of two halves. First half (AEW) IMO he was well okay but bland and no personality in the Hollywood Blondes team. Thought the same about Julia Hart but since defecting to House of Black that has changed in a big way for her!! Anyway I digress. Second half…when he gets to NXT… now he’s a shit-stirrer involved in a big storyline with Trick/Melo.

It’s like night and day to use another analogy heh.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    King is interesting. I dig the entrance and the overall vibe of him being a shit stirrer and causing chaos simply to watch the world burn. He's someone that I feel like whatever he did prior to NXT shouldn't matter. He was stuck in neutral with a shit gimmick and no way of progressing. AEW doesn't really elevate anyone. You're in the spot you're in from the start and you'll never see anything realistically change. Danielson been there 2-3 years now, zero championships because they only see him as a World title contender. He's not going to win the fucking ROH TV title or the TNT title or even a tag title. King...He was stuck on Youtube and the only reason he got any shine with House of Black was to get Julia Hart over. Get her the fuck out of that goofy Alexa Bliss NXT gimmick and into the Alexa Bliss Fiend gimmick before it's too late.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way King took Bearhill's spot in the Breakout Tourny was dumb as all hell. One chairshot flat to the back and the big man's out of the whole damn thing? His match wasn't even that night and people recover from those in a matter of minutes. And then King not only gets rewarded with his spot but because the other guys are mad at him for doing it? When it lessens the competition and takes a big hoss out of the field? Fucking stupid. And of course, now that's King's in there, him winning seems pretty much certain.

Having said that, my man OBA FEMI is back! And I didn't expect him to be the favorite but they were putting him over hard on commentary. Match with Borne wasn't much but was glad Oba won 'cuz Borne is a dork and I expected him to win 'cuz he's established. The other tourny match was pretty good. The Chase U guy is alright but Carver was also really dope. That pounce was awesome and it's a shame the other dude basically no sold it to get to the finish immediately after. Was pretty obvious he was going to win as he's got an angle in the works.

It's not something that usually gets to me but the first chunk of Bate/Lee was way too much of a choreographed dance routine that it started taking me out of it. Lee's gear was also really good on this show, solid color scheme and that cape was cool.

Joe Gacy's cup of coffee JOE/JOE/JOE thing with Joe Coffey was absolutely goddamn hilarious. Best part of the episode.

Really sick of Dijak beating up Eddy Thorpe. Feels like this feud should have ended a couple times already.

Speaking of things that I'm getting sick of, the Trick/Melo attack angle needs to move along.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This injury angle/storyline with Holland and Ilja is pretty fucked up.

Glad to see Bearhill's exclusion from the tournament have a follow up. Hope he costs King the win so big Oba can take it. Heights had some nice suplexes.

Happy that Paxley is becoming interesting. Gacy is also upgrading right now.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see OTM get probably their biggest (and only memorable) win yet. Doubt they'll beat The Family for the titles but maybe.

Kind of tuned out during the Heritage Cup match and then had some stream issues so whatever. Doesn't make sense for Briggs/Jensen/Fallon to "split up" just to pursue singles careers when Fallon's always been a singles wrestler and the other two can pursue singles stuff but still remain aligned as homies.

Was surprised to see King lose his Breakout match. Figured he was a lock to winthe whole thing. Not a bad idea for King to have a midcard feud with Bearhill for a bit, no need to keep pushing him too hard, too fast. Now I figure Osbourne is winning just because he's got an angle/character locked in while Oba's just a big ol' beef horse with not much else doing at this point. But Osbourne's another high flyer when we've got a bunch of those and Oba's more of a standout powerhouse when we don't have many of those so I hope he gets the big win.

Gacy beating Coffey was good as I'm getting behind solo wacky Joe and really don't like Gallus.

Underground match was good. Thorpe's new finisher being called "Manifest Destiny" made me do a double take...that's a choice. Hope these two are finally done and that Thorpe goes on to something worthwhile while Dijak can fuck off for all I care.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Women's title match was solid enough. More interested in the angle iwth Paxley than in any of the potential challenger stuff.

Holy fuck that slingshot spot with Wilde during the six-man tag was incredible. Fresh, unexpected, and jaw dropping. Didn't over/undershoot it amazingly, too. Fun match overall though I have to admit, I don't get why everyone's so hot for Carlito.

Arianna Grace is a good time. Roxy's gotten a bit stale so the new aggressive thing seems like an attempt to freshen her up which may or may not pay off. They kind of tried that with Liv Morgan and ...didi it work?

Fallon/Tiffany was quite good and the ranch hand skits ought to be an entertaining time.

Gacy being in The Family's trunk was hilarious. I'm loving this new zany Gacy character.

OBA! Stoked my man won the thing, was sure Osbourne would even during the match I thought he was gonna hit that SSP so I popped hard when OBA! got the knees up. Hell yeah. Ilja/OBA! should be a fun contrast of styles.

Main event bait and switch was kind of deflating. Trick and Waller had a pretty good bout, though, and KO popping up was a nice surprise.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tiff as a ranch hand was not as good as I hoped but was moderately amusing.

OTM/Family was quite good. Hope adding Parker to the posse leads OTM to the tiles.

I'm just going to say it: Gigi sucks as a solo act.

King had his best match thus far against Lee. OBA! with the shock title win, though? Hell yeah. Props to the fortune teller for making the most obvious prediction in yhe world.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I saw part of this and I realized I didn't know who 75% of the wrestlers were. Need to get back into the NXT game I suppose.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw part of this and I realized I didn't know who 75% of the wrestlers were. Need to get back into the NXT game I suppose.
    Get on the OBA! train, my dude.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tiffany Stratton gets it. Her ranch hand spots proved to me that she's ready for whatever crap is waiting for her when she gets to the main roster. I am thinking she gets promoted shortly after Mania.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In an absolute terrible turn of events, Cora Jade was injured over the weekend. Torn ACL expected to be out 6-9 months after just returning.....Happy Birthday Cora (23)

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The thing that sucks about that was she just returned. Get well

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In an absolute terrible turn of events, Cora Jade was injured over the weekend. Torn ACL expected to be out 6-9 months after just returning.....Happy Birthday Cora (23)
    Saw a headline that she was hurt, didn't know it was that bad. That fucking sucks.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Battle royal was fun with some decent interactions and feud building spots. Can't say I'm particularly excited at Roxanne getting another title match, though.

Solid promo work from OBA!. Guess he is a heel.

Both Dusty Cup matches were quite good.

Bearhill impressed in his few minutes.

Paxley/Lyra stuff rules.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have zero desire/interest in seeing Roxanne let alone her in ANOTHER title match. Lyra is already boring, have no idea why she's champion when she was barely a blip on the radar.

I'm all in with Bearhill. Dude looks like he's going to be something very special.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hella bummed about Cora. She'll be back w/ a vengeance tho

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have zero desire/interest in seeing Roxanne let alone her in ANOTHER title match. Lyra is already boring, have no idea why she's champion when she was barely a blip on the radar.

I'm all in with Bearhill. Dude looks like he's going to be something very special.
    The NXT crowd doesn't find Lyra boring, they literally sing along to her theme song. It's cool if you do, not saying you should find her interesting or anything, but as far as NXT crowds go, Lyra is really over.

As for Roxanne, I think this was a last minute decision since Cora was injured. Cora seemed positioned to take the title off of Lyra (who is already ready for the main roster). Roxanne and Lyra are the two best technical women down in NXT (I'd personally also put Fallon up there, too), so I won't be upset with a match that will likely be super great. Hoping this match: continues this dark spiral Roxanne is experiencing, while also acting as her swan song in NXT (she's ready for the main roster), and furthers this Mickie/Trish type of interaction Tatum/Lyra are having.

IDK man, when I saw that Roxanne won, I thought, "Really? Why?" but then after thinking about it a bit more, it makes a bit more sense. Lyra needs another big win for her reign, and beating former champ Roxanne will add to the legitimacy of her reign. I also think Cora getting injured has NXT spinning their wheels for a bit, because most of those women do not seem ready to hold the title outside Lyra, Cora, Roxanne, Fallon, Blair, Tiffany, and maybe Kianna. I imagine we will either see some hot potato reigns happen or Lyra will be champ for a while.

Just my two cents, though!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyRocks View Post
    The NXT crowd doesn't find Lyra boring, they literally sing along to her theme song. It's cool if you do, not saying you should find her interesting or anything, but as far as NXT crowds go, Lyra is really over.

As for Roxanne, I think this was a last minute decision since Cora was injured. Cora seemed positioned to take the title off of Lyra (who is already ready for the main roster). Roxanne and Lyra are the two best technical women down in NXT (I'd personally also put Fallon up there, too), so I won't be upset with a match that will likely be super great. Hoping this match: continues this dark spiral Roxanne is experiencing, while also acting as her swan song in NXT (she's ready for the main roster), and furthers this Mickie/Trish type of interaction Tatum/Lyra are having.

IDK man, when I saw that Roxanne won, I thought, "Really? Why?" but then after thinking about it a bit more, it makes a bit more sense. Lyra needs another big win for her reign, and beating former champ Roxanne will add to the legitimacy of her reign. I also think Cora getting injured has NXT spinning their wheels for a bit, because most of those women do not seem ready to hold the title outside Lyra, Cora, Roxanne, Fallon, Blair, Tiffany, and maybe Kianna. I imagine we will either see some hot potato reigns happen or Lyra will be champ for a while.

Just my two cents, though!
    The NXT crowd used to jerk off to Adam Cole every week too so I guess I should've bought an Undisputed Era shirt bay bay. I really don't care if they chant her song. Fans chant. Doesn't necessarily mean they should be on top of the division or Fandango would've won the WWE title.

I believe that Cora getting hurt is probably why they went with Roxanne. Your reason makes sense too about wanting a decent name but who gives a shit when Lyra's beat Becky Lynch-CLEAN. Beating Roxanne is like Seth beating Jinder lol.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The NXT crowd used to jerk off to Adam Cole every week too so I guess I should've bought an Undisputed Era shirt bay bay. I really don't care if they chant her song. Fans chant. Doesn't necessarily mean they should be on top of the division or Fandango would've won the WWE title.

I believe that Cora getting hurt is probably why they went with Roxanne. Your reason makes sense too about wanting a decent name but who gives a shit when Lyra's beat Becky Lynch-CLEAN. Beating Roxanne is like Seth beating Jinder lol.
    LOLOL you are right about the chanting!

I don't know though, I think Lyra has everything it takes to be a top player on the main roster, aside from maybe a more defined character. And considering NXT is still technically developmental, I'm fine with NXT/Lyra figuring that character situation out while she sits on top of the division... for a bit.

Lyra, to me, also seems more exciting when she's chasing a title. The hard part is keeping that excitement when you're the champion without always being seen as the underdog champion (one of many reasons I think Liv's title reign wasn't super successful). I don't think I have the right answer on how exactly to maintain that energy, however.

Intercontinental Champion VoidKitten's Avatar
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why was Ava made GM? Is it just because of the family name?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The family name didn't hurt her any. She will get a longer leash than some of the other talent when it comes to learning on the job.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her becoming GM felt like it was done this way to get Regal back on TV. I missed Regal but read results, assuming there's some meddling in things where he tries to gain an advantage and a power struggle for GM control will happen. Also, if she's a bit green in the ring an on-screen role while staying out of the ring isn't bad for her development.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Ava speaks like she has too many teeth.

Watched the opener this week, so far, thought it was quite the banger. Breakker and Corbin I'm fully behind as a team.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always felt like Corbin should've been in a tag-team years ago. I'm ok with this buddy cop pairing for now but I can't wait for it to be over and Breakker gets called up.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That opening tag was a total banger. Great contrast of styles. Wolf Dogs are a very fun team, dig the vibes.

Good girl-next-door vibes to Wren. Lash was dope, as always. Funny how Fallon and Co. had to "break up" to pursue separate things and yet here's Fallon forming a new relationship right away.

Dijak/Gacy fight was fun. Really digging the babyface rebuild of Gacy so far.

Bearhill/King was good for what it was.

Lola/Electra had some good verbal digs and the actual physical part was solid, good tackle into the furniture.

Lee/Scrypts was alright. Feel like they could've done more with the skills they have but wasn't really necessary here, i guess. Pretty stoked for Le//Femi.

I dig Petrovic so far. Not sure who to blame but goddamn that falcon arrow looked weak as balls and the kneestrike didn't look much better.

Should've switched the Trick/Briggs match and the contract signing segment around. Contract thing was alright, decent enough dialog and the attack from Tatum was fine but it didn't feel like a show closer overall. The stuff with Trick/Ilja/Melo seemed more significant. Briggs seems to have shifted into heel mode this week.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm actually pretty stoked for Vengeance Day on Sunday and am interested in every match on the card to some degree. Nice change from a few PPVs back when I only watched two matches.

Dijak/Gacy should be a took intense smash-up. Really enjoying the new Gacy and hope he wins this one.
    I wouldn't be as interested in Roxy's title shot if it weren't for the terrific Tatum/Lyra stuff that goes along with it. Very curious to see how that plays out here.
    Love OTM and hope that adding Parker to their crew means they'll win this 6-person and then get another go at the titles and hopefully succeed next time.
    Very excited for OBA!/Lee. Should be a fun contrast of styles and it'll be nice to see OBA! hopefully in something longer/more competitive.
    Will be interesting to see if Trick/Melo miscommunicate to lose the Dusty Cup or stay on the same page to win since Bron appears to be getting the call up but the Wolf Dogs are great so I'd be glad to see Bron stick around longer.
    Ilja/trick should be a banger and then you've got the Trick/Melo implosion tied in to make it more worthwhile.

So yeah, should be a damn good show, I reckon.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm sorry guys, this PLE is putting me to sleep.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I am fighting sleep as well. Its not a bad show, it feels like a bit boring.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Trick Williams looks green as hell. Why is he in a title match?

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Trick was fine. Dragon is just not fun to watch. Well, the inevitable heel turn happened.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Dusty Final delivered a really fun match and each opportunity continues to be a showcase for Breakker. He's too fast for his own good running the ropes but likely his battle with them went better than it did for Enzo seven years ago. Good chapter within the story to see Hayes take the bullet for Williams and that being part of the reason for Williams wanting Hayes ringside for the main event.

- Gacy really hasn't found a hook since he's been on NXT but a modern Mankind has some sizzle to it. Good on them for knowing the table was what the crowd wanted and they came up with a stealth spot to get to that moment. Dijak is just a beast in these PLEs. He always delivers the goods but he hits another level for these nights.

-Thought the six person tag was good for what it was. There was various degrees of inexperience in the match but they worked around that quite well. The Family retaining made since with the Wolf Dogs stepping up to the plate. There's still plenty of gas left in the tank for the challengers but the main roster is calling Breakker. Should be fun to see that play out.

- Women's Championship Match was extremely solid. It was going really well then the cash-in happened and it went up another gear, surprisingly. Lola's transitions should be cheesy but they work rather well. They spammed the false finishes at the end but it was paced in an extremely well manner. We need to get a proper singles match between Lyra and Roxanne because there's some great technical chemistry there between the two of them.

- Cryptic vignette was cryptic. It would be fun if it led to a big reveal/debut.

- The presentation for Femi prior to the match really helps his look. Lee is a great dance partner for a guy like Femi who is learning and look imposing at the same time. The sky is certainly the limit for the champ. Lee has been all over the map the last 3-4 months. Who knows where he winds up now.

- The main event was electric. Dragunov was great and Williams elevated his game in this one. Still has a ways to go and the skills don't match the placement on the card, but he's really progressing nicely. The hardway color really helped add to the intensity of the bout, too. The crowd absolutely went on a ride throughout the match. The air was being taken out of the place when it looked like Williams was going to lose, reached a fever pitch when it looked like he was going to win, then absolutely dejected when he was pinned. That was a great car-crash finish as well, really doing favors for both competitors. Of course, we got the post-credit stinger with Hayes turning on Williams. It was a solid beatdown and the crowd hated it. There were nice people chanting their disdain and then angry people chanting their disdain towards Hayes. He ate it up and reveled in the moment. Really good stuff.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; February 4th, 2024 at 11:59 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great show last night. There wasn't a bad match. I really enjoyed the Dusty Classic the most.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dusty Cup match had a lot of wonky spots, about half a dozen times where it seemed like the guys weren't on the same page and it really started adding up to the point the commentators had to mention the ropes might be loose. But outside of those bits, it was pretty good otherwise. Wolf Dogs in the house BARKBARKBARK.

Dijak/Gacy was fun as hell though I think the wrong dude won it. Gacy's new persona gives me Mankind vibes with a splash of Funhouse Era Wyatt. Might work well to get him over.

Six-person tag was alright but it never really felt like OTM had many convincing nearfalls and it seemed more like a way to spotlight Rizzo than anything else. Disappointed OTM didn't win so they'll fall down the ladder.

Women's title was already a damn fine match before Lola showed up, then I thought it'd be over quick but instead it ramped up and got even better. Absolute banger, lots of good drama/nearfalls where it seemed it could go in anyone's favor.

OBA!/Lee was everything I hoped and I was really impressed with how well the champ did considering how new he is. Knowing Lee was already called up and the winner wasn't in doubt took some drama out of it but damn they did some cool-ass shit. Feels refreshing to have a big-ass powerhouse in NXT.

Main event was excellent. Crowd was hot as fuck for Trick and it had some damn great nearfalls and false finishes and drama and whatnot. Nice teases with Melo during and better to have him turn afterwards with the fakeout copyright for added impact. Great turn.

Overall a pretty damn good show.

Oh yeah I heard the cryptic vignette thing is a Japanese proverb, so...is there a Japanese talent waiting in the wings or is someone else just culturally appropriating it?
    Last edited by mth; February 5th, 2024 at 3:48 PM.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully a stable led by Big Body Javi and Boa for the vignette

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were teasing the Boa and Dante Chen tag team in the background for a couple weeks awhile back and then seemed to drop it...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Dusty Cup match had a lot of wonky spots, about half a dozen times where it seemed like the guys weren't on the same page and it really started adding up to the point the commentators had to mention the ropes might be loose. But outside of those bits, it was pretty good otherwise. Wolf Dogs in the house BARKBARKBARK.

Dijak/Gacy was fun as hell though I think the wrong dude won it. Gacy's new persona gives me Mankind vibes with a splash of Funhouse Era Wyatt. Might work well to get him over.

Six-person tag was alright but it never really felt like OTM had many convincing nearfalls and it seemed more like a way to spotlight Rizzo than anything else. Disappointed OTM didn't win so they'll fall down the ladder.

Women's title was already a damn fine match before Lola showed up, then I thought it'd be over quick but instead it ramped up and got even better. Absolute banger, lots of good drama/nearfalls where it seemed it could go in anyone's favor.

OBA!/Lee was everything I hoped and I was really impressed with how well the champ did considering how new he is. Knowing Lee was already called up and the winner wasn't in doubt took some drama out of it but damn they did some cool-ass shit. Feels refreshing to have a big-ass powerhouse in NXT.

Main event was excellent. Crowd was hot as fuck for Trick and it had some damn great nearfalls and false finishes and drama and whatnot. Nice teases with Melo during and better to have him turn afterwards with the fakeout copyright for added impact. Great turn.

Overall a pretty damn good show.

Oh yeah I heard the cryptic vignette thing is a Japanese proverb, so...is there a Japanese talent waiting in the wings or is someone else just culturally appropriating it?
    Saw the show exactly the same as you did, it seems. That opener was indeed ropey as hell in places, no pun intended, but was still super fun.

Match of the night for me was the women's match, closely followed by the main event. Like you alluded to, picked up after the introduction of Lola, which took me by surprise. That said, I know nothing about her, was just really enjoying Lyra and Perez.

Decent stuff overall.

Love a show that clocks in at about 2 and a half hours as well.
    Last edited by Murphy; February 6th, 2024 at 7:48 AM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I only caught up on Vengeance Day last night and the show this week. Been a busy Badger this week.

The Melo turn we all knew obvious and the reasons given again obvious but still was executed very well. The match itself was bloody amazing though. Trick Melo game has been a rollercoaster. I guess most of us thought Melo was going to be bigger star and for a time yes. Trick is going to be huuuuge though and while a little spit and polish in the ring a bit, the match with Dragunov at VD was his best match for sure. Trick vs Melo will be even hotter.

Lola Weiss losing her “cash-in”….not everyone can be Seth I’m afraid. Is that the first time a Breakout contract cash-in has failed since the concept was made? Can’t remember off the top of my head.

Gacy…Version one inclusivity was ehhhh okay. Schism version two…little better but was still a bit ehhh. This new absolutely insane version three I am definitely digging. They’ve finally found a nice for him! The match at VD plus his interference at the show, yeah this is working.
    Last edited by Badger; February 9th, 2024 at 7:24 PM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah….Wolfdogs for Baron/Bron is an amazing name lol.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Yeah I only caught up on Vengeance Day last night and the show this week. Been a busy Badger this week.

The Melo turn we all knew obvious and the reasons given again obvious but still was executed very well. The match itself was bloody amazing though. Trick Melo game has been a rollercoaster. I guess most of us thought Melo was going to be bigger star and for a time yes. Trick is going to be huuuuge though and while a little spit and polish in the ring a bit, the match with Dragunov at VD was his best match for sure. Trick vs Melo will be even hotter....
    I'm in the wait and see camp on Trick. He gets the crowd reactions and yes, his match with Dragunov was the best he's put forth so far, but I am for now more inclined to give more of the credit there to Ilsa. Dude is giving me GUNTHER/WALTER vibes in that he brings out the best in everyone he works with. Agree on the Melo turn execution being pulled off very well. Sad thing for me is the nagging fear that Melo v. Trick does not live up to the great build they've done so far.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I'm in the wait and see camp on Trick. He gets the crowd reactions and yes, his match with Dragunov was the best he's put forth so far, but I am for now more inclined to give more of the credit there to Ilsa. Dude is giving me GUNTHER/WALTER vibes in that he brings out the best in everyone he works with. Agree on the Melo turn execution being pulled off very well. Sad thing for me is the nagging fear that Melo v. Trick does not live up to the great build they've done so far.
    I do agree Ilja gets credit and has GUNTHER/WALTER vibes. Not a complete carry job though.

What’s the nagging fear? It’ll be built so so well and it’ll not live up to in-ring expectations? I see a bit where you’re coming from I guess but I’m not afraid. Bring it oooon!

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't mean to suggest that it was a complete carry job. I guess the fear is that Trick is perhaps maybe just not as good as he has seemed to be of late. Melo is another guy who has looked his best against Dragunov, but Melo has also shown us he can be pretty special in the ring against other guys - including his cup of coffee on the main roster. So this is a pretty big test for both guys.

To use the stock market as an analogy, I guess it appears right now from crowd reactions that Trick is a a solid buy, and it's because of that that I'm wondering if he's more of a hold or even a sell. If this is the best we will get from him, in a year's time from now will we be wondering if we should have sold? I think he may be overvalued for now, hence my hesitation creeping in, and keeping him at a hold for now. Let's wait and see.

Same for Melo - if somehow this heel run falls flat for him, he's got a lot to lose.

And it's very verry rare for two guys to be elevated at the same time, and for both will succeed. It's very hard to predict how they both will fare.

But I agree, bring it oooon!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post

To use the stock market as an analogy, I guess it appears right now from crowd reactions that Trick is a a solid buy, and it's because of that that I'm wondering if he's more of a hold or even a sell. If this is the best we will get from him, in a year's time from now will we be wondering if we should have sold? I think he may be overvalued for now, hence my hesitation creeping in, and keeping him at a hold for now. Let's wait and see.

Same for Melo - if somehow this heel run falls flat for him, he's got a lot to lose.
    Even looking a year from now, comes off as presumptuous to consider either guy as potential castaways unless something catastrophic happened.

Williams has had less than 50 televised matches and before that, he had zero wrestling experience to his name. A year from now, he'll still be 30 and that's in more-than-solid positioning with the age curve of the talent that's on the main roster. In spite of that, I don't anticipate him being on the main roster within a year and that's not a negative. He'll be nurtured in NXT and develop. He's already come along decently within the past year, so I imagine he'll put in the work.

If HBK is behind Hayes as much as it appears, I highly doubt Hayes is going to fail. HBK is no dummy when it comes to seeing talent and Hayes has delivered in pretty much most or all of the opportunities he's had in the 2.5 years in NXT. He's been all across the board in terms of face/tweener/heel characteristics within the timeframe and he's done well. He's got a freshness that's going to stick out in a good way when he's called up. It was a sprinkling we saw over the last two months and he was already making headway in terms of getting over.

The test will come when they square off but I haven't really seen a reason to suggest they'll both shrink in the moment.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah definitely no need to rush Trick to the main roster. Plenty of time left to grow on NXT.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm expecting Melo gets a title shot at Roadblock where Trick returns and interferes, setting them up for Stand & Deliver

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been saying for years that Corbin should be in a tag-team and while I wish Bronn was on the main roster by now I'm digging what they're doing in NXT.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here. I like the pairing, just wish Bron didn't feel like a tweener on the NXT roster, then seems like a face on the main roster (aside from teased alignment with Heyman). I think it's good both guys are getting a shot to be part of a team this way where without it they might not have much for them.

Say it doesn't work out with Bron as a singles guy on the main roster, you have NXT to test out being in a team.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't posted in here in a minute soooo...

I'm sorry but I can't really invest myself in the absolute cartoonery that is The D'Angelo Family being involved in a main event angle.

Looking forward to BIG MEATY MEN SLAPPIN MEAT if Dijak and Briggs are triple threating with OBA!.

Heel Roxy is a good change for her if a bit generic. Seems like they just turned her into Cora Jade and slotted her into her spot.

I'm liking Spears in NXT so far and if he's gonna tangle with Gacy it should be some dark twisty fun...and continue to fuel the goobers online that think the Wyatt 6 thing is still happening.

Arianna Grace is hilarious. Brinley Reese is hilarious. Thea Hale is hilarious. Plus I love the Lyra/Tatum dynamic, too. And Sol Ruca is fun as hell to watch in ring. Lots of quality entertainment from the women's side of the roster.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Tony as a kinda amusing Nunzio knock-off, decent tag worker with Stacks but yeah....he's not main event and Dragunov should eat him.

Either a Hayes/Trick/Dragunov triple threat or Trick finally usurps Dragunov one on one after getting past Melo after Stand and Deliver.

AMEN to the MEATFEST and Spears/Gacy.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    He waffles a lot, but you've gotta love Booker T, right? He and Joseph work well, I think.

I love Thea Hale, think she's a blast.

Dijak should win everything. That said, I'm pretty big on Oba too.

And agree with the above on Tony D'Angelo.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thea is certainly fun to watch. The enthusiasm she projects feels genuine.

Nattie comes out for an open challenge against Lola Vice. Lola is almost there, but she's not ready yet.

I am at the point where I look forward to every Dragunov match, and he didn't disappoint. Even in a match where there's no doubt who's going to win, Ilya gets that the story of a match is what engages the audience. He is reminding me of another couple of guys called Dragons - Ricky Steamboat and Daniel Bryan.

Seemed like Ridge's "stepping away" promo went on a long long time.

Loved the video packages about Trick v. Melo.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the Good Bros don't win the tag team titles I see no reason for them to be in NXT. They are a great tag-team, but they really haven't done shit in the WWE since 2019.

Haven't posted in here in a minute soooo...

I'm sorry but I can't really invest myself in the absolute cartoonery that is The D'Angelo Family being involved in a main event angle.

Looking forward to BIG MEATY MEN SLAPPIN MEAT if Dijak and Briggs are triple threating with OBA!.

Heel Roxy is a good change for her if a bit generic. Seems like they just turned her into Cora Jade and slotted her into her spot.

I'm liking Spears in NXT so far and if he's gonna tangle with Gacy it should be some dark twisty fun...and continue to fuel the goobers online that think the Wyatt 6 thing is still happening.

Arianna Grace is hilarious. Brinley Reese is hilarious. Thea Hale is hilarious. Plus I love the Lyra/Tatum dynamic, too. And Sol Ruca is fun as hell to watch in ring. Lots of quality entertainment from the women's side of the roster.
    I'm online more than I should be and I haven't heard anyone still thinking this is a thing. That doesn't mean they don't exist with 10 billion people on social media but I figured all those rumors of they were going to continue Bray Wyatt's "story" was immediately written off as bullshit.

Gotta agree about Tony D and the family. I'll be honest, I'm more of a fan of Stacks than I am of Tony. And I don't really care for the girl or this new guy. Now watch, the new guy will wind up the next Roman Reigns lol.