Results 11,301 to 11,400 of 13686

Thread: WWE Womens Wrestling Discussion

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    2 brands with 6 or so ladies on each that just about sustains a singles title roster.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smart Remark View Post
    With the Bella Twins slated to return in 2018 (with at least Nikki on a part-time schedule), I think it would be a good time for WWE to consider creating a WWE Women's Tag Team Championship, more than likely with the Bella Twins as the inaugural champions. There's enough women to sustain a division. Generally I'm not a fan of two singles wrestlers forming a team, but that's inevitable here in creating a tag division for the first time.

Thoughts?
    I've gone back and forth on this concept but I'm currently in favor of it. So long as this sort of forces the WWE's hand in having no less than two women's programs going on each show at any given time. Also with more and more women coming up to the main roster a tag division would help utilize more talent. Seeing as how they don't like letting anyone go and they have so many women waiting to debut from NXT, a tag division could be really great right now for the women.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a Women' Tag Division would be better suited in NXT. I don't know how it would work on the main roster. I have a hard time believing they'll expand the size of the divisions on RAW and Smackdown. I almost think they send some down to NXT (already rumored) and replace them with call ups thus maintaining the 6 - 8 Woman quota on both shows.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They just seem to have so many women, and I feel a Tag Division would give a lot of them something to do besides prop the two-to-four women involved in the Women's Title pictures. I don't know why 6 to 8 women on each main roster is expected to be the status quo.

And if either or both of the Bella Twins are coming back, I'd rather them do something different than tag together for no reason, feud against each other, and fight for either Women's Title.
    Last edited by Smart Remark; September 3rd, 2017 at 10:35 PM.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope she returns with a renewed passion for this. Her last few performances I felt she was almost phoning them in, kind of going through the motions and exhausted of the energy she first exhibited. Totally understandable given the creative downgrading involved with 'graduating' from NXT, and those horrible angles with AJ Lee and the Total Divas nonsense. Hopefully she can be revived by a newer, more similarly-talented roster.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Paige I think she's amazing, one of the best female wrestlers the WWE has ever had and she's super young. I feel like per her interviews in the past especially the Talk is Jericho episode where she talked about how she was signed to the WWE at like 18-19, never really did anything on her own, I don't think she even had her driver's license, that lack of maturity probably hindered her a little in various areas of the company, not just character wise. So I'm hoping that when she does come back, that the WWE throw her in the deep end right off the bat, get her in the title mix. Thinking back, I think a lot of fans are into her. I remember Charlotte was getting booed as a babyface working against Paige. I wouldn't mind seeing Paige come back and not really side with anyone, just kick everyone's ass.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the Paige/AJ feud was pretty damn good.....

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    I thought the Paige/AJ feud was pretty damn good.....
    You know, I didn't think they had chemistry in the ring against each other but I loved the storyline itself. Their in-ring chemistry reminded me of John Cena v. Randy Orton where 1 out of every 10 matches were good but the other 9 were extremely mediocre.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just read the comment about the women's tag division. They have like 7 women on each roster. That will never ever work unless they double the amount on each show.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just read the comment about the women's tag division. They have like 7 women on each roster. That will never ever work unless they double the amount on each show.
    They probably can...but it's going to take a while for that to play out. There's a lot of talent that can easily come in from the MYC.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll be like TNA where random women would join forces, win the belt, then lose it the next week to another random pairing, rinse-repeat.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Paige. will be keeping an eye out for her return.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love me some Paige, but does anyone else think they might be rushing her back into the picture? I'm worried she might not be in 100% ring shape or worse... they might not have any idea what they'll be doing with her once she comes back. I think it might be wise to have her just sharpen herself at the PC in Florida, film a shit ton of vignettes, and build up her return. And the division's landscape has changed completely in her absence. Back when Paige was the new girl in town, she was considered one of the top performers... but now we've got Charlotte, Becky, Sasha, Carmella, Alexa, Bayley, and even Naomi's become great finally.

Going to be a tough uphill battle for her, but goddamn it's going to be awesome seeing her again.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Paige has cleaned up the messiness of her personal life, then I am all for her addition to the division. She is pretty great, and with today's new and more competitive divisions, she will fit right in.

Also, I just have to laugh and comment that the kids over at Diva Dirt (as of today even) still think:

1. That Bayley is the worst wrestler and that every crowd hates her
    2. That Charlotte is sloppy and a bad wrestler
    3. That Sasha is a horrible person and a bad wrestler
    4. That Naomi is the best technical wrestler and receives bigger pops than the entire division (I love Naomi and she does get a great crowd reaction)
    5. Post a gif or a meme for every other comment

I seriously do not know why I continue to read the comments thread, but for some reason I still do.

<3 Rajah.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    That site sounds like utter shite.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyRocks View Post
    If Paige has cleaned up the messiness of her personal life, then I am all for her addition to the division. She is pretty great, and with today's new and more competitive divisions, she will fit right in.

Also, I just have to laugh and comment that the kids over at Diva Dirt (as of today even) still think:

4. That Naomi is the best technical wrestler and receives bigger pops than the entire division (I love Naomi and she does get a great crowd reaction)

I seriously do not know why I continue to read the comments thread, but for some reason I still do.

<3 Rajah.

Are you the kind of driver that rubbernecks on the gruesome crashes?

Are you?

On Paige:

I still feel like the anti-diva character can play well in this environment.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Are you the kind of driver that rubbernecks on the gruesome crashes?

Are you?

On Paige:

I still feel like the anti-diva character can play well in this environment.
    Ha! I had to look up what rubbernecking was. In all honesty, the site is not horrible, and they tend to publish news pretty quickly. I just need to stay away from the comment section.
    Last edited by BuffyRocks; September 21st, 2017 at 2:28 AM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<3 Rajah.
    What's technical about Naomi's style?

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    What's technical about Naomi's style?
    I don't think her ass is even technically hers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    I don't think her ass is even technically hers.
    That is is legit. Nothing fake moves like that��

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out Bianca BeLair vs Lacey Evans from tonight (NXT). If those two keep up that kind of work and continue to improve, I see big things for them.

Intercontinental Champion Andru's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completely bored at work & decided to check out who was still on the roster that I knew, and saw that Natalya is Smackdown Women's Champion!

Apparently she defeated Naomi at SummerSlam. How was that match?

I haven't watched regularly for around 4-5 years. I'll watch a few mins here and there, but shamefully most of my updates come from Total Divas.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SummerSlam match was pretty good.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out Bianca BeLair vs Lacey Evans from tonight (NXT). If those two keep up that kind of work and continue to improve, I see big things for them.
    That was a pretty enjoyable match for what it was.

Meltzer is reporting that Paige is tentatively set to return as part of the Smackdown brand.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be good for Smackdown since Raw will have Asuka. If they can beef up the women's division a little more on the main shows, I'm talking add maybe 5-6 more girls after Asuka and Paige, not only do they have enough variety to kind of weed out the lackluster and/or tenured talent (i.e. Dana Brooke, Alicia Fox, Tamina, the women who just suck and/or have been around too long doing nothing but collecting checks), but they have a good tag-team division they can work with where it's not just random pairings like TNA did over and over.

Let's face it....The MYC exposed how shitty a lot of the women are in NXT and the main roster. It also makes you wonder, should the WWE go ahead and run with an all-women's show in the same vein as 205? I think so because they have the talent. The one thing I would do different though compared to 205 is to make sure you have a core group that are on Smackdown and Raw and use the all-women's show as like a Superstars type show where you would get the main women here and there but feature more of the lesser seen talent that just aren't able to get enough time in on Raw/Smackdown.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    That would be good for Smackdown since Raw will have Asuka. If they can beef up the women's division a little more on the main shows, I'm talking add maybe 5-6 more girls after Asuka and Paige, not only do they have enough variety to kind of weed out the lackluster and/or tenured talent (i.e. Dana Brooke, Alicia Fox, Tamina, the women who just suck and/or have been around too long doing nothing but collecting checks), but they have a good tag-team division they can work with where it's not just random pairings like TNA did over and over.

Let's face it....The MYC exposed how shitty a lot of the women are in NXT and the main roster. It also makes you wonder, should the WWE go ahead and run with an all-women's show in the same vein as 205? I think so because they have the talent. The one thing I would do different though compared to 205 is to make sure you have a core group that are on Smackdown and Raw and use the all-women's show as like a Superstars type show where you would get the main women here and there but feature more of the lesser seen talent that just aren't able to get enough time in on Raw/Smackdown.
    I wonder if it would be better if they were flipped: Raw getting Paige and Asuka to Smackdown. That's just out of random curiosity. I like the pieces for Asuka to work with on Smackdown, so I clearly would with Paige too. It just makes sense that they want to make a splash so Asuka is going there.

Shitty in terms of a broad brush analysis of both the main roster and NXT seems a bit rash. It just feels incomplete because this is a division as a whole that has depth, but splitting it didn't make sense. Is there talent such as Brooke and Fox that are lackluster. Yeah, but there's plenty that have promise or just need natural elevation as they develop. That's mainly on the NXT side (Cross, Moon, Riot, Peyton and Billie). They're not bad and they're headed in the right direction. Main roster, you've got talent like Mickie and Summer that are basically accumulating dust at this point.

It's only fair the women would get that considering they have at least 1 or 2 shows (Main Event and maybe something else? Maybe not) that do that for the men. It's not even a point of being fair. It's deserved and makes sense.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a somewhat broad brush but you have to admit looking at the main roster, there are quite a few expendables. You look @ NXT...Now with respect to the fact that yes I'm aware a handful of women in that MYC that were very good were just signed prior and maybe had 1 or 2 matches but I'm mainly talking about the Liv Morgan types if that makes any sense. I just think this is a good time to seriously weed out the lesser talent or the ones who aren't being used very well that have no real upside and start bringing up the top women of NXT and then you replace them with solid talent from the MYC that you don't have to spend another 2 years developing because they're already really good. Women like Mia Yim, Sane, Baszler, Mercedes, Piper, Lacey, Toni Storm, alot of these women had more exposure and backstory and development during this tournament than even Peyton Royce ever had so it's not going to be like this influx of subpar women.

This was something we were really worried about when the Horsewomen left and now Asuka is that prior to them really pushing Cross and Ember hardcore, we didn't know if the division would hold up if the key players were Liv Morgan, Peyton Roce, and Ember Moon. Compared to Asuka and the Horsewomen, it was like night and day. Now with Cross, Riot, and Ember getting super established and the influx of MYC talent, you have a fucking STACKED roster of women that several wouldn't even need to spend much time in NXT and could debut by the end of the year.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a somewhat broad brush but you have to admit looking at the main roster, there are quite a few expendables. You look @ NXT...Now with respect to the fact that yes I'm aware a handful of women in that MYC that were very good were just signed prior and maybe had 1 or 2 matches but I'm mainly talking about the Liv Morgan types if that makes any sense. I just think this is a good time to seriously weed out the lesser talent or the ones who aren't being used very well that have no real upside and start bringing up the top women of NXT and then you replace them with solid talent from the MYC that you don't have to spend another 2 years developing because they're already really good. Women like Mia Yim, Sane, Baszler, Mercedes, Piper, Lacey, Toni Storm, alot of these women had more exposure and backstory and development during this tournament than even Peyton Royce ever had so it's not going to be like this influx of subpar women.

This was something we were really worried about when the Horsewomen left and now Asuka is that prior to them really pushing Cross and Ember hardcore, we didn't know if the division would hold up if the key players were Liv Morgan, Peyton Roce, and Ember Moon. Compared to Asuka and the Horsewomen, it was like night and day. Now with Cross, Riot, and Ember getting super established and the influx of MYC talent, you have a fucking STACKED roster of women that several wouldn't even need to spend much time in NXT and could debut by the end of the year.
    I know you scoffed at this, even though the point was about something else entirely different, but I'd scrap 205 Live and just have the concept you had for a show for the women in its place. You know what you're getting there and it's not like we're going to get a gross misrepresentation of what we'll see as opposed to 205 Live. We saw diversified styles and technique in the CWC and clearly got a watered down mess with 205 Live. Creative holes, potential misuse of assets and etc...but to me, the biggest issue is what I just mentioned about the difference in styles. That wouldn't happen with the women. There's no need to do that.

Totally legit on the fear about the 4HW leaving and then Asuka eventually leaving. I'm guessing they knew (or were willing to bet) they could afford to buy time before eventually calling Asuka up because they had a rush of talent from the MYC ready to fill in.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I know you scoffed at this, even though the point was about something else entirely different, but I'd scrap 205 Live and just have the concept you had for a show for the women in its place. You know what you're getting there and it's not like we're going to get a gross misrepresentation of what we'll see as opposed to 205 Live. We saw diversified styles and technique in the CWC and clearly got a watered down mess with 205 Live. Creative holes, potential misuse of assets and etc...but to me, the biggest issue is what I just mentioned about the difference in styles. That wouldn't happen with the women. There's no need to do that.

Totally legit on the fear about the 4HW leaving and then Asuka eventually leaving. I'm guessing they knew (or were willing to bet) they could afford to buy time before eventually calling Asuka up because they had a rush of talent from the MYC ready to fill in.
    Oh I'm not against the idea of scrapping 205 Live. You're spot on with your post here brother.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    If there an NXT women's division that allowed people to move up sure. 205 has been a fucking disaster. I am going to finally start watching the Mae Young Classic. I wish my daughter would watch it with me, but she hates the new girls. I have somehow realized the internet.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there an NXT women's division that allowed people to move up sure. 205 has been a fucking disaster. I am going to finally start watching the Mae Young Classic. I wish my daughter would watch it with me, but she hates the new girls. I have somehow realized the internet.
    My 6 year old is in love with Lacey Evans and KairiSane. She thought Lacey Evans was trying to be like Sailor Moon.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.gerweck.net/2017/09/28/ww...nother-career/
    Rumors about interested in bringing back Kaitlyn. I'd be glad to see her. She was decent enough in the ring, pretty charismatic, and I personally thought she was gorgeous.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    http://www.gerweck.net/2017/09/28/ww...nother-career/
    Rumors about interested in bringing back Kaitlyn. I'd be glad to see her. She was decent enough in the ring, pretty charismatic, and I personally thought she was gorgeous.
    She was on JR's podcast within the last couple of weeks and gave off the vibe she was pretty good with how things ended. Never say never but she seemed to be more focused on her business.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaitlyn had natural charisma, but was a lousy wrestler and wasn't even really that popular. Her coming back would be random.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be shocked if she could pass a Wellness. Her husband isn't exactly the most honest roider out there and she looks super jacked with her giant titties.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A trend I've noticed with the nicknames for WWE's women. You've got the Boss, the Princess (of Staten Island), the Queen, the Empress, and the Goddess. Each one is grander than the previous one. What's next, Grand Nagus?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    A trend I've noticed with the nicknames for WWE's women. You've got the Boss, the Princess (of Staten Island), the Queen, the Empress, and the Goddess. Each one is grander than the previous one. What's next, Grand Nagus?
    haha, you know that's one of those things where I didn't even think of this until you pointed it out other than Bliss and Charlotte.

Whatever the chick from neverending story is called, that's what the ultimate position is.....

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She was called the Childlike Empress, which really should be Bliss' nickname

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Kaitlyn had natural charisma, but was a lousy wrestler and wasn't even really that popular. Her coming back would be random.
    She wasnt that lousy. She got put onto TV without any training whatsoever.

For her experience level she actually got pretty good towards the end.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Kaitlyn was good.. The problem is no one really cares about her without AJ. I also worry if she will jobbed out due to that friendship. Then again, its not like the WWE is petty enough to sue people over hand gestures.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She was whack. Couldn't talk, her mannerisms were basically Trish if she were 10lbs heavier. She reminds me that there was a reason AJ Lee was extremely over but didn't really wrestle the other women despite the women's division needing her. When she did wrestle the women, most of the feuds were weak because she was so much better than everyone else they paired her with. I mean, even the matches with Paige weren't very good but they were better than most of AJ's matches prior and the best storyline she had against a woman for sure.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Loved me some Kaitlyn. But yeah, does seem a bit random.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Loved me some Kaitlyn. But yeah, does seem a bit random.
    Honestly wouldn't shock me. Look at some of the names they've brought back. For every Hardy there's Jinder, Curt Hawkins, Shelton Benjamin, Rhyno.....weird choices. Some good, some bad. I mean they tried to make bringing the Spirit Squad and Headbangers back a thing....

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously the Squad and Headbangers were always meant as short term.

Anyway, I think Shelton is a good signing. he seems to be in great shape. I was always a fan of Kaitlyn. She had a pretty good spear.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously the Squad and Headbangers were always meant as short term.

Anyway, I think Shelton is a good signing. he seems to be in great shape. I was always a fan of Kaitlyn. She had a pretty good spear.
    Idk. Kenny was in really good shape.

Shelton is probably the most boring dude out of the bunch, no personality, just does moves to do them. Impressed with his agility and legit pedigree but man he's so fucking boring. He's more boring than the guy he replaced which says a lot.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Benjamin > Jordan by a mile. Like 10 miles.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Benjamin > Jordan by a mile. Like 10 miles.
    Right now, on a general level I would agree. There's always the potential that it could click for Jordan when he eventually turns, but we have to see it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are still extremely boring and the upside for Jordan is he's not 40+ so there's always room for a guy like him versus Shelton.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This feud seems to be no win for Mickie. Very little chance she goes over Alexis. Since its likely to be a short feud, there's almost no chance that she gets any retribution for being embarrassed or called old. Seems like there's a fair chance she comes out of this worse (or at least equal to), when she came in.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one positive for Mickie is that they're finally using her. They've done nothing with her since the Shake Up. Yes, the storyline is embarrassing, but as least she's getting decent TV time. Her contract is for 3 yrs., I believe. I can only hope she'll make it back to Smackdown at some point and be used more effectively. I'd hate to think she'll be stuck on RAW for the entirety of her contract.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reality is you can't always put people in glowing spots. I've heard the "Look at Smackdown argument". The show sucks right now and the attendance is a reflection of that. How many people gave a shit about Tamina/Lana's storyline? Maybe 2 people, Tamina and the person who came up with the idea. Even on a 3 hour show like Raw, you would THINK they could give people meaningful angles but they spend too much time focusing on Roman Reigns than they do really anyone else. And if they just threw Mickie a bone to have her doing something of worth, I don't know the level of worth it would truly be.

WITH THAT SAID, Mickie James is a great talent, and who knows where this could go. Raw loves to Russo the Women's championship so I could see Mickie getting ANOTHER reign only to drop it shortly after back to Alexa or maybe even Sasha Banks.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's not putting everyone in the best light, and there's the angles that devalue someone long-term

Some critiques are actually damaging to performers. Labeling Mickie as "old" makes her less relevant. Either she does something to invalidate the critique or it stands.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mickie James is still fairly smoking hot and still great in the ring. The term "old" in and of itself shouldn't be able to hurt her so long as she's being featured regularly.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The major issue is they have hot shotted the Raw title so much it literally seems like a prop. Which is sad when you think about the great matches Charlotte and Sasha had over the belt but had one of them just kept it and they had great matches, the belt would mean sooo much more. Instead that belt has changed hands 10+ times since Mania 32. That's ridiculous. With Mickie, if she doesn't win the belt, I don't want it to be a situation where we just walk away going "Yeah she's old". I mean for fuck's sake, the last time she was there it was "Yeah she's chubby". There wasn't even a real payoff for her. I think that is what is going to make this just feel really transitional. They should keep the belt on Alexa a little longer so we can make it a full month without it changing hands. Just don't let this be a situation where it's "Mickie's the Goldust of the division". Naw. Keep her as the strong vet. I wish she was a heel. Fire Alicia Fox's weak ass.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You don't see them calling Cena or Lesnar old, and they're older than Mickie. Mickie is going to be an ugly old lady though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    You don't see them calling Cena or Lesnar old, and they're older than Mickie. Mickie is going to be an ugly old lady though.
    I'll give you a pass since you supposedly don't watch very much of the product but the last year or 2, most if not all of Cena's feud have been about him being past his prime, old, etc. That was one of the key factors of the Roman-Cena feud, that Cena was getting old and it was time to move on from the Cena era.

What makes you think she'll be an ugly old lady, lol?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Mickie is aging well. Donald must be lampin.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    She has one of those horse faces. Will be looking like Mr. Ed in 5-10 years.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm only joking. I love Mickie.

As far as Cena is concerned, have they ever actually said "You're old" to him? In my views, the veteran not being able to cut it anymore is a lot different than simply saying "you're old" Where's the walker and diapers for Cena?

The storyline would be a lot better if Alexa says to MIckie "You may be a veteran, but I don't think you have what it takes to be champ anymore" and then show clips of Mickie questioning if she still has it or not.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I'm only joking. I love Mickie.

As far as Cena is concerned, have they ever actually said "You're old" to him? In my views, the veteran not being able to cut it anymore is a lot different than simply saying "you're old" Where's the walker and diapers for Cena?

The storyline would be a lot better if Alexa says to MIckie "You may be a veteran, but I don't think you have what it takes to be champ anymore" and then show clips of Mickie questioning if she still has it or not.
    I believe AJ, Dean, and Roman called him "old" or "getting old".

Yeah I'm not a fan of them playing the old woman card with Mickie because as I said before, this will feel like a transitional feud leading to something bigger where Alexa will drop her title. Had they not passed the belt around like it was the sweetest leaf on Earth I would say yes, give Mickie the big win, then they could transition that into something. Maybe a heel turn where she goes psycho again and the belt is her magic ring.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    AJ calling Cena old is cause isn't AJ the same age as Cena.

Yeah, it's just to give Bliss something to do until Asuka debuts. I'm thinking Bliss will win on the PPV, and then continue to beat down Mickie until Asuka runs down to make the save. Have Mickie get pissed off at Asuka "I didn't need your help!"

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asuka should be beat Bliss in 8 seconds on her debut.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This feud seems to be no win for Mickie. Very little chance she goes over Alexis. Since its likely to be a short feud, there's almost no chance that she gets any retribution for being embarrassed or called old. Seems like there's a fair chance she comes out of this worse (or at least equal to), when she came in.
    If this feud goes like most of Alexa's feuds, then you are totally right. Bliss will come out and call Mickie old a few more times and say that Mickie can no longer go in the ring, then Bliss will beat her cleanly and then people will wonder why Mickie has a hard time gaining a pop.

I said the same thing with Bliss v. Bayley and Sasha... you call your opponent worthless enough times and then beat them cleanly, the audience will eventually start to side with the heel, or at least lose interest in the face who can never back up their talk. Certainly not really Alexa's fault, as she is just doing what she is told (as are all of the women), but most women seem to come away looking worse in the case of going up against Bliss.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's not putting everyone in the best light, and there's the angles that devalue someone long-term

Some critiques are actually damaging to performers. Labeling Mickie as "old" makes her less relevant. Either she does something to invalidate the critique or it stands.
    Apologies for a double post! I could not have said it better myself.

And I think this is why I have a hard time getting behind Bliss as a heel (again, not entirely her fault). She calls people "spineless" or an "unsuccessful champion" or "old and irrelevant" and then wins (again, typically cleanly) and it is confusing, plus, like you said, her critiques kind of stands if they don't disprove it.

I guess I just miss when the good guy finally gets the win against the evil heel. I was invested in Alexa vs Becky, but Alexa would always win with a distraction (in the days before she would cleanly go over the face), and Becky never got her comeback. Bayley failed to prove she could be "extreme" and Sasha failed to prove that she could defend a title, and before each of those big loses, I was invested into the face/heel aspect of the storyline. At this point, I just assume that Bliss is going to go over Mickie cleanly with no retribution from the face.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with Bliss is that WWE is using her character as a way to sort of be... meta? She is basically pointing out all the flaws in their own booking... Sasha not holding a title for longer than a week or something, Bayley not becoming extreme. I'm not sold on anything Bayley does when she fires up, I'm sorry, not sorry. Go back and re-watch her return when she "storms" to the ring... her march down the ramp was goddamn comical; I don't believe Bayley has the ability to pull off a fired-up, pissed character even if WWE were to write that for her. In regards to Mickie, yeah, I wish they'd stop calling her "old" and stuff but... in all reality, this fits in with Alexa's character and Mickie got herself over in her promo to Alexa that got the crowd really behind her. I would not be throwing Alexa to Asuka right away... that shit needs to be built up and Asuka needs to work with more familiar people that she worked with in NXT before going after the title I feel (i.e. Dana and Emma). Mickie worked AMAZING with Asuka, and that's the title feud I want to see second to Asuka Vs. Charlotte... so I would really love to see Alexa beat Mickie once and then Mickie overcomes Alexa in a rematch, so it's not so obvious what WWE is going to do. Meanwhile, you have the Sasha heel turn and have her and Bayley go at it, Emma continues to do her thing as the true revolutionary, and you can have the Women's Title feud, all easily fit into three hours of RAW.

It's just hard to boo Alexa when everything she says (barring Mickie being old) is TRUE and the fact that I lost interest in Bayley and Sasha even before Alexa showed up. I'm, amazingly, really on the Nia bandwagon when, in the past, I was not a big fan at all...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Raw writers can't, but you watch Bayley's feud with Sasha Banks and then come back and talk about how she can't be pissed and violent. They totally misread Bayley on the main roster.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The booking of Bliss has made no sense. They've spent the entire time putting her over the other women instead of the other way around. I don't believe they had a long term plan to bring Asuka up and wanted to make Bliss look strong at the expense of RAW's entire Women's Division. It wasn't until Asuka got injured that we heard there was talk to finally bring her up.

Say the Empress does beat Bliss for the belt. At this point, there's no one credible to feud with her except for Nia. If Bliss had cheated her way to victories, that would be different, but she beat everyone clean.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to be wrong, but I'm very doubtful Mickie beats Alexa in the first match or a rematch.

I agree that Alexa's approach is "meta". Which is what makes it worse. Alexa's run has validated the concerns and bad writing. Even though she's not bad with the crowd, could anyone argue that the Raw Women's Division is not in a worse place than it was prior to her becoming the dominant player?

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love that there was another small hint of a Bayley vs Sasha feud in the fatal 5 way! Even though it was just a few seconds worth, it reminded me why I would love to see those two go at it in a really long feud (with or without the title). Also loved that there was a huge boo when Bayley was eliminated. Glad to see she seems to be on the road (though it may be a very long road) to regaining some positive momentum again.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the smart fans are sympathetic toward her and the shit booking and everyone else still loves her. Might have been more of a Cena/Roman boo, like "Boo this fucking shitty booking of this person" lol

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I love that there was another small hint of a Bayley vs Sasha feud in the fatal 5 way! Even though it was just a few seconds worth, it reminded me why I would love to see those two go at it in a really long feud (with or without the title). Also loved that there was a huge boo when Bayley was eliminated. Glad to see she seems to be on the road (though it may be a very long road) to regaining some positive momentum again.
    Yeah, it might have more to do with the smark fans not being there too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it might have more to do with the smark fans not being there too.
    Or as I said, the smark fans are sympathetic toward Bayley in the aftermath of that shit Bliss feud and respect that it was just them booing the shitty direction of Bayley. Just like they boo Roman or Cena. Not because people want to see them go heel or retire (some do, very few but some). No, it's a response to the creative direction. I mean, Bliss was getting cheered on Raw. Why? She came out looking smokin hot with her tits on point. It's not hard to get a male dominated crowd/product to cheer the hotter of 2 women. And NXT is like 90% smark, they loved Bayley.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be a ton of factors with Bayley, to be honest. But I was really happy that the crowd was vocally upset that she had been eliminated.

Also, I hope to be proven wrong and Mickie wins the title in a few weeks. I am ready for Bliss to eventually be a tweener/face, where she will (likely) shine more as an in ring competitor, because right now she is not enjoyable to watch from a wrestling POV.

Really hoping that at least she doesn't cleanly beat Mickie, but if history tells us anything...

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Or as I said, the smark fans are sympathetic toward Bayley in the aftermath of that shit Bliss feud and respect that it was just them booing the shitty direction of Bayley. Just like they boo Roman or Cena. Not because people want to see them go heel or retire (some do, very few but some). No, it's a response to the creative direction. I mean, Bliss was getting cheered on Raw. Why? She came out looking smokin hot with her tits on point. It's not hard to get a male dominated crowd/product to cheer the hotter of 2 women. And NXT is like 90% smark, they loved Bayley.
    Smark fans are ruining wrestling. If they want to boo a creative direction then boo when HHH takes his ego trip at NXT. There is zero reason to boo Bayley for something beyond her control.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be a ton of factors with Bayley, to be honest. But I was really happy that the crowd was vocally upset that she had been eliminated.

Also, I hope to be proven wrong and Mickie wins the title in a few weeks. I am ready for Bliss to eventually be a tweener/face, where she will (likely) shine more as an in ring competitor, because right now she is not enjoyable to watch from a wrestling POV.

Really hoping that at least she doesn't cleanly beat Mickie, but if history tells us anything...
    I'm not saying she can't pull it off but her face act in NXT was generic as fuck. *Wink. Smile. Blow kisses. Twirl hair* As a heel she's the best thing Raw has until they finally grow a set and turn Sasha.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I'm not saying she can't pull it off but her face act in NXT was generic as fuck. *Wink. Smile. Blow kisses. Twirl hair* As a heel she's the best thing Raw has until they finally grow a set and turn Sasha.
    I agree that Alexa is a hell of a heel in terms of attitude, acting, and mic work, but her in ring work/booking is awful. I stand by my opinion that I think Bliss is capable of having better than decent wrestling matches, but since her MR debut, I have been mostly underwhelmed to borderline offended by her in ring work/booking. I'm certainly not expecting a five star match out of Bliss every time, but as this cowardice heel persona, her in ring skills at least appear to be far below that of Sasha, Bayley, Emma, Mickie, and Asuka.

I'm rooting to always be wowed by Bliss, but I usually am just bored by her in ring work. Sorry if that offends anyone!

I really think she could be a superstar "no nonsense" face if booked the right way.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smark fans are ruining wrestling. If they want to boo a creative direction then boo when HHH takes his ego trip at NXT. There is zero reason to boo Bayley for something beyond her control.
    Smark fans are keeping wrestling alive. Smark fans stop watching, Raw's probably draws maybe 200,000 viewers a week because it'd just be kids and most aren't even allowed to stay up for the 2nd and 3rd hour so they'd have a 1 hour Raw and 1 hour Smackdown. Imagine the crowds if we all stopped watching wrestling. Imagine the pay for the wrestlers without the Network subscriptions that is predominantly "smark fans". It's almost impossible these days to not be a smart mark.

Why does Triple H get the blame? And the funny thing is, it is directed toward him and anyone else lumped in with "creative". The reason they're booing a bad segment with Bayley is to let the people backstage know it's bad. Triple H shows up in NXT to give Asuka flowers and you think that's the time for a fan to go "BOO FOR BAYLEY BOOOOOO FOR HER BOOKING!!"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was listening to Alvarez and Meltzer's RAW review and they talked about the backstage segment with Emma, Rene, and Alexa. Emma did her usually spiel about how she started the Women's Revolution, but Rene corrects her and says it the Women's "Evolution". Brian and Dave said it's always been the Women's Revolution. After Alexa walks up and corrects Rene, they assumed Rene must have made a mistake.

Just do a search on "WWE Women's Evolution" and a bunch of articles come up. There are recent ones from Forbes and ESPN from Sept. of this year talking about how the Mae Young Classic relates to the Women's Evolution. I just think it's amusing because Brian and Dave should have watched enough WWE television to remember how heavily that term was rammed down our throats.

Let me see if I have this straight:

- In early 2105, after the Bella Twins and Paige & Emma's 30 sec. match, the Diva's Revolution started (Emma can actually take partial credit for this).
    - Then, after while, there was a push to bring back the Women's Title so the Women's Revolution started being used. This was probably after Charlotte won the Divas Title in the Fall of 2015.
    - Finally, at WrestleMania 2016, a Network Special called the "Women's Evolution" was aired and the new Women's Title was unveiled. This began the Women's Evolution Era where they would no longer be Divas, but Superstars. We are still in this Era unless WWE has changed it again.
    Last edited by Sasori; October 17th, 2017 at 5:36 PM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So apparently Nia Jax has either walked out or asked for a leave of absence.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like strange timing. An Asuka/Jax feud seemed like an inevitable feud.

She's not had her run, but it's not like she's ever looked weak.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest allegations are that she was supposed to be in Alicia's spot against Sasha for the TLC PPV and was also supposed to film shit for Total Divas tomorrow/Friday but isn't scheduled now. Still no clarification on why she's gone. Hope things work out as I'm a big Nia fan.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely interested to hear from Neville and Nia Jax. I've never been a fan of talent just walking out, whether that's Nia Jax, CM Punk, Stone Cold.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nia just recently seemed to start getting it. Even her VHS dubbed "unenthusiastic walk to the mailbox" has gotten better. But there have been little hints at an entitled attitude on her part lurking for a while now. I would not be surprised to find out she's getting pissed off at not being a larger part of the show.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy Nia, and think she adds to the division.

I'm not saying she's booked amazingly, but she wouldn't be someone who would even think yo mention among the worst.

Hope it gets worked out.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's the sole monster heel of the women's division. I will say this though. She may need a move to SD.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy Nia, and think she adds to the division.

I'm not saying she's booked amazingly, but she wouldn't be someone who would even think yo mention among the worst.

Hope it gets worked out.
    I would put her in the bottom 3 with Lana and Tamina. Just too green in every aspect still.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    She's the sole monster heel of the women's division. I will say this though. She may need a move to SD.
    Team her up with Tamina and have them just wreck house.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Against the 4 other women in the division?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nia hasn't shown very much in the time she's been around even in NXT. Her offense is weak, she can't talk, and she just isn't convincing as a wrestler. Yeah she's big, but she flat out sucks.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Nia hasn't shown very much in the time she's been around even in NXT. Her offense is weak, she can't talk, and she just isn't convincing as a wrestler. Yeah she's big, but she flat out sucks.
    Shit music, terrible ring attire. For a BBW, yep I'm on board. She can move that ass too. But I'm not finding anything about her appealing in the grand scheme of things. Sure she looks different, sure it looks cool when she barrels into someone extremely sloppy, but it's not something we'd miss. How about this....Sign Viper. Call up Alpha Female. You want the "bigger" ladies, grab 2 that are a lot better in every aspect than Nia.

Go to DMC! Go to DMC! Saintevil's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they sign Piper Niven? That was a big girl who could move.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintevil View Post
    I honestly don't think so. The 2 glaring names that I have yet to hear are Mia Yim and Viper aka Piper Niven. I also don't think they signed Santana Garrett but I think that she's like a 3 promotion champion so maybe that's why. I also have seen recent pics of Piper and Mia Yim wrestling for other promotions.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintevil View Post
    Yeah, she was great.

I'd love to see Storm there sometime as well.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Piper is awesome and would be a nice counter to Nia if she ever comes back. It feels like they sorta shit the bed on the women in the Mae Young Tournament. All of them should be on NXT or Raw or Smackdown.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Piper is awesome and would be a nice counter to Nia if she ever comes back. It feels like they sorta shit the bed on the women in the Mae Young Tournament. All of them should be on NXT or Raw or Smackdown.
    I mean, they did sign quite a few. The ones they didn't that I know of (Piper and Mia Yim) I'm somewhat shocked. I don't think they signed Toni Storm either. But they did snatch up the girl who was from India for example with no experience and I understand why. It's such a mixed bag. You also to have to remember, 32 women all coming in and once and/or signing would be quite a bit. They signed or already had signed the majority of the participants it seems.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's clearly not a pressing issue at the moment because they can roll these signees out whenever they really want to, but there's eventually going to come a time where creative for all of the brands will need to place a stronger emphasis on the respective women's divisions or commit to an hourly show for them. There's going to be too much viable talent for most of them to just be sitting around, doing nothing other than house shows.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, they did sign quite a few. The ones they didn't that I know of (Piper and Mia Yim) I'm somewhat shocked. I don't think they signed Toni Storm either. But they did snatch up the girl who was from India for example with no experience and I understand why. It's such a mixed bag. You also to have to remember, 32 women all coming in and once and/or signing would be quite a bit. They signed or already had signed the majority of the participants it seems.
    Wai they didn't sign Piper? Fucking bullshit. She was one of the standouts of the tournament. A big woman for Nia to play with plus I think she's better.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Wai they didn't sign Piper? Fucking bullshit. She was one of the standouts of the tournament. A big woman for Nia to play with plus I think she's better.
    She's awesome. I literally fell in love with her the other day. She posted a hot picture on Instagram and quoted a rare Deftones song. She might as well have fucked me through the social media matrix.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Piper Niven and Jazzy Gabert are awesome. If Nia was gone for certain, I'd quickly make peace with it if either or both of them were around instead.