Results 9,901 to 10,000 of 13686

Thread: WWE Womens Wrestling Discussion

I'm Spinning Around! sam_elmendorf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Right, I don't HAVE to watch it but I will because you never know what you might find. It's just hard to sell someone like me who's heard the stories over and over for many years. I even stated right off the bat that it was a personal feeling based off what Sam was talking about how he's heard almost all of what they talked about before anyway. It's like buying a wrestler who's had 4 DVD releases and most of the matches were released on other DVD's that you have minus 1 or 2 matches and you're like damn, wish I wasn't as big of a fan lol.
    Exactly.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course the beauty of the network specials is we're just (presumably heh heh) paying the flat 9.99 a month rate for this info instead of having to buy all those stacks of dvds.

Banned
    Smoking Meth and cuddling with an Armenian Gender Queer on a broken couch inside of an abandoned abortion clinic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iraq
    I wonder if Paige really is in the doghouse... she went from(apparently) being on the cusp of something special via her so-called "pipe-bomb"(hate that fucking term) to whining like a brat and being Natty's bitch.

her character rolled-over pretty fucking fast.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They book the women so erratically that it's hard to really gauge if any of them are ever getting punished or it's just the writers being shit. Though you'd think their abject incapability would result in them at least doing it right once by accident...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mike View Post
    They book the women so erratically that it's hard to really gauge if any of them are ever getting punished or it's just the writers being shit. Though you'd think their abject incapability would result in them at least doing it right once by accident...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post
    Wait... they actually showed that on TV?

Banned
    Smoking Meth and cuddling with an Armenian Gender Queer on a broken couch inside of an abandoned abortion clinic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iraq
    One would think, right?

I was probably expecting too much there. Just look at what Punk's "pipe bomb" lead to: HHH vs. Kevin Nash.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Of course the beauty of the network specials is we're just (presumably heh heh) paying the flat 9.99 a month rate for this info instead of having to buy all those stacks of dvds.
    If I could go back in time and NOT buy those DVD's, magazines, I would lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Slutty McWhoreface View Post
    I wonder if Paige really is in the doghouse... she went from(apparently) being on the cusp of something special via her so-called "pipe-bomb"(hate that fucking term) to whining like a brat and being Natty's bitch.

her character rolled-over pretty fucking fast.
    Well we know that she didn't just shoot on the divas as the WWE micro-manage the fuck out of their product. And like with Punk's promo, she didn't say anything people didn't already think, it was perfectly playing into the smart marks views on those attacked. That's what makes it so "edgy" because those fans go "How are they getting away with this???" Well, because they know it'll work. It's like with ECW for example. Sure they had a great roster, cool storylines, but almost everything and everyone got over by "shooting". Shane Douglas built his legacy on shoots. How many shows did ECW talent top to bottom including Styles take jabs, call out talent from other organizations, even shooting on the network that put them on t.v. lol. When the reality lines are blurred, that's when people love wrestling the most IMHO.

Paige, I can't really say if there's anything bad going on. Winning and losing only matters if that's all your gimmick/storyline is based on. Paige is still featured in 2-3 segments on Raw and Smackdown so I think she's ok.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far as Paige goes I don't think it's much more than creative not bring able to decide exactly which way they want to go with her or the #DivasRevolution angle.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far as Paige goes I don't think it's much more than creative not bring able to decide exactly which way they want to go with her or the #DivasRevolution angle.
    I think that the WWE has had a hard time since she debuted with the direction they want her to go. One minute she's a good guy, the next bad, the next she's in between, but we don't know her intentions. Don't get me wrong, and I'll gladly take on the feminists and sympathetic types with this next comment, but most women, you don't know what their fucking intentions are 90% of the time. I've known enough women that one minute they're cool, the next for no known reason they're a complete bitch. It's worse toward other females lol. Why do you hate her? I just do and you should too!!! That's females for you. Guys, we're pretty simple, food, sex, food, in any order lol.

So I'm not SHOCKED that the women go from this angle to the next with no real direction but it wouldn't hurt in a scripted environment to give some detail as to what the fuck is going on. Paige, I think she doesn't even know what she wants out of LIFE let alone wrestling. She's what, 22-23? She's all over the place.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The level of frustration she barely hides about her direction in WWE tells me she will be gone in a few years.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The weird thing is her vocalizing her frustrations might be what is keeping her in the mix all the time. Vince likes that from talent. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. But I think that Paige is just young, she has been in the business forever but she still lacks maturity. Must be that gypsy side of her.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Entrances look great, I hate that all they did was basically bring over the same damn model from Emma's appearance last year, Layla's appearance in 2k14, and that retro Steph doesn't have "My Time" as her theme. Overall, really like the attire selections.

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does Steph look like a semi-possessed child Linda Blair from The Exorcist?

Also, who is Snicky Bellar?
    Last edited by Mr McGregor; October 25th, 2015 at 10:23 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McGregor View Post
    Why does Steph look like a semi-possessed child Linda Blair from The Exorcist?

Also, who is Snicky Bellar?
    I can't UNSEE it, you prick! LMAO.

I saw screen caps of Rosa, she looks beautiful. So does Elizabeth. Sherri is the same. But fucking Lana.... how do you take the hottest Diva and make her so fug? Her model looks atrocious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably a punishment for the TMZ thing.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That bandwagon is about to explode!!!!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posted this in the MMA thread but figured since 90% of you don't venture to that forum I'd post it here. Ronda Rousey talking about wanting to be WWE women's champion:

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/r...s-champ-102715

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She keeps saying she can't do cage fighting forever and she wants to explore more venues... so her being in WWE would be monumentally awesome. If she was to ever jump on, I hope WWE will have learned to use women properly by that point. Because the state of the womens division is very uneven.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She could be to the WWE what Ken Shamrock was back in the 90's. I think Ken added a ton of credibility that the bubble gum WWF product of the early mid 90's was severely lacking. I remember I was like 14-15, saw Shamrock get in the mix reffing Austin-Bret, the Vader-Billy Gunn matches, all this after seeing him fighting in the Octagon and I was like holy shit this guy will really fuck up these people. I think that's what makes Lesnar even more credible and such a fan favorite, you saw what this guy did in real fighting. Rousey coming in I think could have the same effect on the women and the company in general.

Just looking at the future she doesn't really have anything left outside of the upcoming Holm fight, Tate 3, and the never going to happen but could if it did Cyborg fight. Most of the people she waxed in 10 seconds haven't even fought since then (Cat, Bethe).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rousey coming in is a bit of a double-edged sword. She is so dominant at real combat that they cannot possibly lump her with tired 50/50 booking and losing to roll-ups from a Bella. It would be so silly as to shatter any suspension of disbelief, but at the same time she can't just come in, beat everyone and hold the belt for ten years. She'd be a huge gain for them and is obviously very popular, but I don't know if they would have any idea what to do with her.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rousey coming in is a bit of a double-edged sword. She is so dominant at real combat that they cannot possibly lump her with tired 50/50 booking and losing to roll-ups from a Bella. It would be so silly as to shatter any suspension of disbelief, but at the same time she can't just come in, beat everyone and hold the belt for ten years. She'd be a huge gain for them and is obviously very popular, but I don't know if they would have any idea what to do with her.
    Exactly. That is why you have to build the current crop up and stop this losing every other week nonsense. They have divas that can dominate like Sasha, Charlotte, Paige, Becky, Bayley, Asuka, Nia Jax so if they have a match with Rousey it doesn't look like a Brock vs Kofi match.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bingo.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll tell you what they need to do with her.

The EXACT same thing they do with Brock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they play it even remotely seriously, Rousey would be coming in for the WWE Championship, not Diva's Championship.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll tell you what they need to do with her.

The EXACT same thing they do with Brock.
    Basicaly, yes, she would have to be a limited special attraction. I seriously doubt she'd ever be a full time "touring" superstar anyway. But as said above, who could actually credibly beat her?

Sure, she would be fine to have a "run". Inevitably take the title (i'm sure her debut will be her challenging whoever the title holder currently is and winning), and maybe hold it for a few months until she loses it to some heel cheating and walks into the sunset. Beyond, this she could occasionally be brought in for the odd grudge match for big PPV's.

Even if she was interested in "full time", and 100% committed to learning the craft of pro wrestling, declare herself a rookie to this style of "fighting", and be willing to do the job and all that, that would be fine and dancy, but no one will ever buy her losing to a Bella.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rousey vs Brock is where the money is.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Rousey vs Brock is where the money is.
    This.

I just think Vince is too stubborn to see it.

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, there's no way someone who tossed HHH across the ring would not be champion pretty much immediately, but it would be the perfect way to build things up properly with some legitimacy. She'd swat a few of the girls off like flies, then the likes of Natalya and Paige would prove slightly more of a challenge, maybe Asuka and Athena even more so, and then I could see either Sasha and Bayley proving to be the ones to take her down eventually. Then we've got a bunch of bloody good wrestlers in interesting hard-fought competition and a belt that means something.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect to build things would be:

1. She comes out on RAW and says she's going to be WWE Champion
    2. No Chance hits and Vince struts down to the ring like a jackoffasaur
    3. He tells he to get back in the kitchen and fix him a sammich right after her good housekeeping match which Brie Bella which will start right now!
    4. She breaks Vince's arm
    5. She removes Vinces arm and beats him with it
    6. The Bellas come out acting confident because they are that fucking stupid
    7. She kills Brie Bella dead
    8. The fans erupt in a massive YES chant and Daniel Bryan is seen in the crowd gleefully YESing the death of his alcoholic wife
    9. Ronda asks Vince for a title match again and the now one armed VKM painfully says "YES YES YES"

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She should portray the arm like a trophy every week afterwards too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember when Lesnar came back? They had him kick Cena's ass then lose his first match back and IMHO it was the worst decision they could've done but it felt like they were trying to say WWE>UFC. Not to mention Triple H beat him, and it wasn't even prime Triple H. So I could definitely see a scenario where Rousey does the job to fucking Nikki Bella right off the bat, simply because we saw it happen with Brock. But I don't think they'd be that dumb. Plus, it wasn't like Shamrock came in and started dominating people even though we all knew he could pretty much whip anyone's ass in real life on the roster. Just like nobody believes Michelle Rodriguez could legit take on Gina Carano or Ronda Rousey like she did in the Fast & Furious movies. There's a gray area that pro wrestling walks, but I think even the legit fighters out there respect the craft and know that yes, in a real fight they would win, but that's not how the show works.

I mean here's the thing, why isn't Del Rio just slapping on the armbar right off the bat Rousey style? He could easily win a match by doing that but that's not how the show is put together. Just like Big Show doesn't walk out and KO punch right off the bat or Mark Henry front slam and splashing a fool in the opening minute. If someone is watching a Rousey match and they got pissed she lost or wasn't dominant like she is in MMA, they are watching the wrong show and are either naive or stupid.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well said ^^^

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean this isn't Japan where they think this shit is real to the point where they strip you of a title if you dabble in MMA and get your ass handed to you. You see guys like Shamrock, Severn, fast forward to the likes of King Mo, Rampage, you can tell they appreciated the art of pro wrestling. I just read King Mo is going to wrestle Stevie Richards at an indy event, that's awesome. Anyway....I definitely feel like there will be fans who would scoff at the idea of a legit badass like Rousey doing "fake wrestling" but to me it's no different than her doing movies.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #1 Renee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are great pictures, but how are they in tribute to Undertaker. I thought they were just a crop of pics for Halloween. I don't remember Undertaker ever wearing a fedora or walking around in The Evil Dead forest. Foxy is the only one that is wearing anything that resembles an Undertaker outfit. Paige is downright fucking sexy as hell though in all of them!

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Natalya looks like she was caught short...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be surprised at whoever approved these shots didn't know about the tree rape scene.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHA I saw most of these on Instagram via the women's pages, but I didn't notice they were inspired by Undertaker I literally thought it was some Evil Dead inspired stuff.

The Stale Smell of Excess Jimmy Zero's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did Brie recently get work done on her face? Looks weird as hell in those photos.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what happens when you turn your back on real food and start eating your poop and drinking your own piss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...The fuck are you even talking about?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what happens when you turn your back on real food and start eating your poop and drinking your own piss.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iraq
    I'm calling it now... it was Becky Lynch that attacked Natty backstage.

They haven't done shit with her thus far, and hopefully this atrocious gang warfare bullshit will be over soon.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They didn't make it clear but Team Bad just attacked Nattie after her match with Paige on SD so perhaps there's the answer.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    ...The fuck are you even talking about?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Becky ever get any mic time on Smackdown!? I rarely ever hear her talk on RAW. She's usually just there to support Charlotte and make faces at Paige. I know her accent is even thicker than Sheamus', but from what I understand, she's made some pretty clever twitter posts so let the lass talk. I know getting mic time is a problem in general in the Divas division, but Becky just stood out to me.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading Trish Stratus' comments on the main page one has to wonder, when will the WWE have a ppv headlined by women? Do they need to do more Raw/SD shows first and then move to ppv?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT already did it, and I don't think it will be too long before WWE does it. Knowing them, it'll reek of tokenism, float an angle that offends people and end in a roll-up, but I think they're pretty much ready to pull the trigger in less than a year. They can see money and media attention in promoting the women now.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT already did it, and I don't think it will be too long before WWE does it. Knowing them, it'll reek of tokenism, float an angle that offends people and end in a roll-up, but I think they're pretty much ready to pull the trigger in less than a year. They can see money and media attention in promoting the women now.
    WELLLL technically NXT didn't already do it since it wasn't a traditional ppv. I know, breaking it down, you pay for the WWE Network therefore it's possible you could call the NXT specials "pay per view". But I mean legit ppvs, that some might drop $60 to see.

I'm with you though on the rest, I say within a year, let's see them headline Payback or Battleground. I think it would have to be a red hot angle to main event Summerslam, Survivor Series, obviously Rumble is out since they usually have the battle royal headline that show. WrestleMania....As of now I'd say that would have to be a match so fucking big that everyone from hardcore wrestling fans to your 80 year old grandma would be hitting up Vince and co. everywhere they went to see it.

I think we'll see a progression of the women headlining house shows, headlining t.v., and then ppv.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So...reports are saying Lana has "nuclear heat" with the brass which stems from her "leaking" her engagement to Rusev. Factor in the tweets about Paige recently and one has to wonder what will come of Lana. Are these just reports or could there be some truth? Could this result in her being released? Doubtful, even though I did not too long ago have the idea that she might not even be around next spring/summer. I think even if the WWE are unhappy with her, which is understandable, they will get over it. They've forgiven for much much less and if VKM is that high on her, he'll overlook what he would consider a bad thing and realize she did the fans a favor because that storyline fucking sucked. The direction it was going was even worse, get Rusev gold so he can marry Summer Rae? WTF??

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So...reports are saying Lana has "nuclear heat"
    Absolute bullshit.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are your thoughts on her tweets toward Paige saying she was "bullied" by Paige in NXT? Seemed pretty 13 year old-ish. Didn't feel storyline driven or anything and I think sometimes talent shoots on each other via social media more often than we notice or care to notice.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's all a work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they're all catty!

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That rematch on Raw was great, so much better than the night before. The PTO on the announce desk, again, is a strange one. Perhaps it'll turn into desk wars, maybe next week Charlotte will put her Figure 8 on the desk, then the week after Paige will drop Charlotte with a RamPaige through it. Table match for TLC - done.

What else can Charlotte do to get over? Is the problem that she's feuding with Paige who can get away with doing ANYTHING and everyone will still root for her?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That rematch on Raw was great, so much better than the night before. The PTO on the announce desk, again, is a strange one. Perhaps it'll turn into desk wars, maybe next week Charlotte will put her Figure 8 on the desk, then the week after Paige will drop Charlotte with a RamPaige through it. Table match for TLC - done.

What else can Charlotte do to get over? Is the problem that she's feuding with Paige who can get away with doing ANYTHING and everyone will still root for her?
    She's getting over and we have to remember she's only been on the roster for about 3 1/2 months. She was getting a solid reaction against Nikki. I think you're right and that with Paige, for some reason she's pretty well liked. And who knows, maybe some fans are buying into her busting Charlotte's "balls" with the Baby Flair stuff.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a lot of Charlotte's issues with getting over have to do with presentation. In NXT she wasn't presented as a white meat babyface. Heel or face she was all business and she came down to the ring looking like it owed her money. Now she's got this big forced smile on her face and honestly she doesn't look as confident and collected as she did in NXT. She looks like she feels nervous and out of place.

People want to know why Sasha is getting all the love yet none of the screen time? Because she's a star. She has that special quality that makes her just belong on the main roster. She's comfortable and capable in what she's doing no matter what. It's that rare quality that few have. True star power. Paige has it as well which is why she's getting the bigger face pop when she faces Charlotte despite being less talented than the NXT three in the ring.

I think Charlotte can work out but it's going to be as a heel. She just isn't comfortable in this role.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we want to keep comparing her to Flair, think of Flair as a good guy versus Flair as a bad guy. He was good as a face, but he was 1,000 times better as a heel. Charlotte, I agree she looks like she's nervous, not used to the big crowds, or maybe now that she's up on the main roster and there's more pressure for her to be basically ready to main event WrestleMania lol. I said this earlier but out of the 4 Horsewomen she's the least talented in-ring wise but that's not really a knock because she's still better than the majority of the women on the entire roster including NXT. Her and Paige had a much better performance on Raw and I think the more comfortable she gets on the mic, in the ring, she's going to be one of the first women to headline not just a ppv, but WrestleMania.

And here's something the WWE should never, ever fucking do when trying to build up someone like Charlotte:

Last edited by Nash Diesel; November 25th, 2015 at 4:33 PM.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing with Charlotte- is in main roster she is simply another smiling face who is the daughter of Rick Flair. Just another bland face looking to "overcome the odds"

On NXT, she was the genetically superior women's wrestler who told the audience to shut up when she's speaks and the audience, was pretty much like "Yes ma'am." and still cheered her afterwards.

She needs to find her edge again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with all of that. Unfortunately it is the lot of all of the women on the main roster. Nobody has a character, just a role, and a shallow one at that. Paige has finally developed something of an underlying character as she's now seen as untrustworthy but that's basically come about by accident due to turning her like five times in 18 months.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the main page, WWE.com has another poll asking fans which Belt they'd like to see return. The Hardcore title has nearly 50% of the vote with the Women's title coming in second at around 28% I think. Charlotte, Sasha, and Bayley all tweeted they'd like to see the Women's title return. I think it's only a matter of time until it happens.

I see two options for the WWE to bring it back. Just retire the Divas Title and hold a tournament to crown the new Women's Champion. Or, they could run an angle where someone like Sasha shows up with a new Women's belt and they do a unification match after Sasha defends it for a few months to build it up. Hell, if they started laying the foundation now, I could see Paige (Divas Champ) vs. Sasha (Women's Champ) in a unification match at WrestleMania. They want to sell that place out and something like this could add a little more interest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quite like that idea. Which means there's no chance they do it.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Wrestlemania unification bit is great, but I hate the idea of someone just turning up with a belt. There's no legitimacy to it.

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have Alundra offer the old belt up, saying the women's division is no longer trash. Or something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Carter View Post
    The Wrestlemania unification bit is great, but I hate the idea of someone just turning up with a belt. There's no legitimacy to it.
    In pretty much every other circumstance I'd agree, but the legitimate belt has a butterfly on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just a thought. I get the sentiments behind the negative thoughts about the "Divas" moniker, but I think that renaming it the Women's Championship is just putting a band-aid on a massive wound. Back in the day the Women's Title was defended in gravy bowl matches, swimming pool evening gown contests, etc. so I don't think a simple renaming will do anything until there is a consistent commitment to improving storyline quality and maximizing the television time the ladies get. Charlotte/Paige is a step in the right direction, but idk if I can fully get behind the "Women's" Division without knowing that its more than a PR move.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it really comes down to the booking. They could call it the Superior Female Championship and it wouldn't matter if everything is booked the same.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In pretty much every other circumstance I'd agree, but the legitimate belt has a butterfly on it.
    Madusa shows up with a trash can, takes the belt out and gives it to Sasha. This is obviously the way to go.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post
    Madusa shows up with a trash can, takes the belt out and gives it to Sasha. This is obviously the way to go.
    Naw. See, it might work if they went from Madusa dropping the belt in the trash to bringing in the Divas title. But they still called it the Women's strap until Undertaker's future wife decided she should be a champion as well even though there were only like 5 women wrestlers between the 2 brands. What I would do is have Sasha beat Charlotte on ppv, and then the next night she tosses the Divas title in the trash can while unveiling the return of the Women's title. That move screams Sasha Banks.

Kind of like when Austin or Edge had their own custom belt, well instead of this being "custom" it'd just be the title period.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would anybody want to wear a belt that's been in the trash for 20 years?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Why would anybody want to wear a belt that's been in the trash for 20 years?
    It would be weird if Sasha put on a belt she just pulled out of a trash can.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best time to pitch that piece of shit Divas title would've been after AJ Lee's "pipe bomb" promo on the Total Divas cast.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd have no problem with them replacing and renaming the Divas belt as long as it keeps present day lineage.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they [ever] switch it from Divas to Womens... then hopefully it's their indication that they're taking the division seriously from here on out. If they switch the belts and it's the same old scat, then it doesn't matter what the division is called - it'll still suck. They can finally change the belts when the women are given the same amount of respect as the men. Matches and booking wise.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Bayley says she wants to stay in NXT for awhile. Clever Girl.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If they [ever] switch it from Divas to Womens... then hopefully it's their indication that they're taking the division seriously from here on out. If they switch the belts and it's the same old scat, then it doesn't matter what the division is called - it'll still suck. They can finally change the belts when the women are given the same amount of respect as the men. Matches and booking wise.
    Divas is vince
    womens is trips

They didn't ler sasha bring her belt on TV because it was womens and not divas.

Vince is delusional.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Divas is vince
    womens is trips

They didn't ler sasha bring her belt on TV because it was womens and not divas.

Vince is delusional.
    She's did have it on one episode of SD but that's it.
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; November 30th, 2015 at 8:58 PM.

Andy
    Getting called up from NXT must be such a bittersweet moment just now, especially for the women. We hoped for change but the sad reality is Sasha was having world class matches regularly in NXT and got called up and is now doing nothing. The money must be improving for NXT stars now too with it's profile and big tours.

Unless there's a monumental rise in pay for a call up, I can't see any reason why guys like Bayley, Asuka, Joe old Finn would want to get called up at this point.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've even seen Emma go back to NXT because they had her doing nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And look at her character now. It's fucking awesome!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything Emma has ever done has been fucking awesome. Proven fact. Vince is just old and dumb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you there. Coming up to the main roster with Santino didn't really help her though. Not in the long run. I much prefer this new character and hope that if they bring her up again, they bring her as this new bad ass Emma.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Getting called up from NXT must be such a bittersweet moment just now, especially for the women. We hoped for change but the sad reality is Sasha was having world class matches regularly in NXT and got called up and is now doing nothing. The money must be improving for NXT stars now too with it's profile and big tours.

Unless there's a monumental rise in pay for a call up, I can't see any reason why guys like Bayley, Asuka, Joe old Finn would want to get called up at this point.
    Didn't it come out in the summer that the pay is pretty good for the women in NXT and they actually get paid more than the men? I remember reading that the women are expected to look a certain way so they get paid more while the men are just happy to be in development so they settle for less.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think all that came out was the NXT women are paid slightly more in order to compensate them for the shit ton of cosmetic expenses they have to deal with.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You make a strong point!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Silly WWE, you are the only entity where people would rather be in the minor leagues than deal with the bullshit of the majors.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Charlotte's not so nice behavior towards Becky on RAW, I'm hoping (as well as allot people) that this is a sign she will be turning heel. I would be thrilled if Becky and Sasha became the main faces of the women's roster with Charlotte and Paige as the main heels. Becky is perfect as the plucky, somewhat naïve, plays by rules but can still kick your ass babyface, while Sasha is the more badass, street smart, I make my own rules face. They would just need to have Naomi and Tamina turn on Sasha to get her out of tweener territory and make her 100% face. Unfortunately, considering how slow Paige's heel turn has been, Charlotte might not fully turn until this time next year. On top of that, Vince needs to make up his mind about what to do with Sasha.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see heel Charlotte and face Sasha, but I think the ship has totally sailed with the whole diva's revolution thing. It has been months without the NXT women making any real impact, and their momentum has petered out. They're just there, really, except maybe Sasha and we all know the longer the crowd chant for her, the more obstinate the office will be in making sure she is kept far away from the spotlight. I can't foresee anything fixing this now.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrandolph1985 View Post
    Silly WWE, you are the only entity where people would rather be in the minor leagues than deal with the bullshit of the majors.
    NXT is WWE. So technically it ain't the minors, shithead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT is WWE. So technically it ain't the minors, shithead.
    It's their development fed, of course it's the minors, by all but the most pedantic reading of what is clearly a metaphor.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iraq
    I wouldn't mind being the Lass Kicker's own personal Ass Licker...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Becky Lynch has the greatest variety of wrestling attire of anyone on the roster. Every time I see her on TV, she's wearing something different. I remember back when Mickie James was in WWE. It seemed like every week she had a new outfit.

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20 years ago today...

A pivotal moment in the Monday Night Wars that Bischoff devised purely to antagonise the rival company, although many see it as a statement for how women's wrestling has been treated with disdain over the years, which only continued with WCW adopting a similar offhand booking style for it's even shorter lived WCW Women's Championship introduced almost a year after this.

Of course, it wouldn't have happened if the WWF hadn't decided to eradicate the women's division and release Micelli from her contract due to financial cuts. How would women's wrestling in WWE be now if the championship had remained? Could a legitimate wrestling division have existed alongside the valet types of Sunny and Sable without incorporating them? If the division had been allowed to grow, would Sable or Miss Kitty have even got a sniff of the belt? Would Chyna have been such a standout? Did the hiring of models hurt the sport or did it help promote it to a female audience who may have thought it was too masculine? Would we have reached the current standard of the '4 Horsewomen' much earlier?

I know it's been discussed shitloads before. Happy Anniversary, garbage strap.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In hindsight that moment was pointless. WCW never really capitalized on creating a women's division. They had a handful of matches with Madusa and some Japanese talent but nothing came of it. I think that Chyna would've been a standout because even if there was a women's division when she debuted, she still would've been associated with the men.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the main page, an interview with Charlotte talking about the difference when preparing for a match in NXT versus the main roster. This is something I've talked about as recently 2-3 weeks ago when people were talking about fans chanting "BORING" during Banks-Lynch and how they don't get the same amount of time to plan out matches like they did in NXT. Which probably has something to do with why we're not really seeing the bangers that you did in NXT.

"What's so different is NXT, you meet once a month and you tape four shows. The main roster, every single week and the show goes on, so every Monday, and then you have SmackDown tapings every Tuesday. I mean, you are go, go, go, go, go. NXT, maybe you find out a week ahead of time before what's going to be taped at the next NXT tapings, so you'll get to work that girl at the live event. Maybe you get to practice [and] maybe you won't, but on the main roster, it's changing up until the show starts. The times, maybe the finish, maybe the storyline, maybe even the person changes. The pressure and the money behind what's happening on the main roster is completely different than NXT."
    Don't get me wrong, we've seen some good matches but nothing on the level of NXT, even when they're given the time on t.v. They just don't have the time to plan everything out and that crutch isn't as useful when you're on the road all the time and how things can change at the drop of a dime. So these women aren't used to this environment and I think it has hurt some of them when it comes to being asked to do a 15 minute match without having 2 weeks to prepare.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That quote seems spot on across the board. Vince changes his mind so much that people don't get to work out a chemistry together until the show starts. The quality would be better across the board with more time where people can prep beforehand, but that's true of most everything.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that it does say something though about talent who rely on that much preparation to pull off great matches as opposed to talent who can plan a handful of spots and go out there, wing it for the most part, and have a great match. There are greats like Randy Savage who I've heard needed to plan everything to a T, and then there's guys like Bret and Shawn who had a few planned spots they wanted to do and then just went out there and did their thing on a whim. That Sasha-Becky match on a Raw a few weeks ago wasn't horrible, but it was like 20 minutes and it felt very flat more often than not...yet they had a match a month or 2 prior on Main event that was only like 5 minutes and it was really good 5 minute match. I hope as they get more comfortable on the main roster and don't have to rely on needing a ton of prep that they'll produce some great stuff but so far I think I was spoiled with what they did in NXT.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Booooo Vince