Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 525455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Unofficial FCW Thread

The way you worded the first post was just a little hard to follow.

If we're not allowed to review with venomous bias, then you won't be seeing any Cewsh Reviews coverage of like 30 guys, right off the top of my head.

I tend to do that sometimes, my mistake.

Who are you to doubt El Dandy?
    I liked the hateful Rollins/Ohno review
    Check out my new blog: rajahjayd.blogspot.com

Midcarder
    Then I retract my statement that I'm done with Rollins and Ohno. Sorry for the fuss.

Midcarder
    New episode time.

FCW: 6/5/12

Recommended Viewing:

The Enemy Strikes Black Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    I'll second Kotre's sentiments on both the episode and particularly the Steamboat/Cesaro match. It has been a great series all around, and I loved that they are the first two to be a part of the innovation of "20/30 Minute" Jack Brisco 15 matches. It felt right, and it was probably the final big test for Antonio to bring him up if he passed(Which in my eyes, and obviously the WWE's eyes since he's already on Smackdown, he passed with flying colors). It's also nice to see that he hasn't abandoned the Ricola Bomb, and is in fact his last ditch, all-or-nothing finisher. It's great to see his signature moves as not only recognizable techniques, but also a hierarchy of increasingly devastating moves that can each finish an opponent depending on the night and the quality of said opponent(The Super European Uppercut, Gotch Pancake Piledriver, then the Ricola Bomb). You don't see that with too many performers today. Their finishes tend to be one-trick ponies, with a few having a submission as an extra finisher(which Antonio has as well, so he's STILL raising the bar).

I sincerely hope WWE don't force him to trim out any of his move-set, because none of it is "too indie" for them to have a right to complain, and it's a part of the complete, near-perfect package Claudtonio has to offer.

Also, Steamboat continues to improve almost drastically. The first few times I watched him wrestle, I could not care one bit for him, but soon after his angle with Husky, he seemed to learn something, and while he may not have strong mic skills, his ring skills click now, and his work as the JB15 Champ has been phenomenal. I see him as being the next guy being able to pull off the Stoic warrior who may not have a great way with words, but his presence and revered power in the ring will carry him forward and allow him to click with the fans. He's much closer to ready than he was before, but I'd love to see him get at least two more months out as champ to put on some good feuds so he can grow comfortable with not only being quality, but keeping the quality up when he's put up against a lesser opponent. After that, I'm sure it won't be long before he's brought up to the main roster.

Swagsuke.
    But Rollins and Ambrose had the first 20 and 30 minute Jack Brisco matches!

Midcarder
    In FCW Related news, NXT is moving in with FCW

This is an interesting and more than a little odd move. NXT was one of the few places talent was able to learn to work in front of a massive crowd and learn about life on the road in the big leagues before they came up to a show that people, ya know watch. It is unlikely to harm the talent who work NXT though. Everyone who has come up through FCW to date still lives in Florida, I believe and most of them do the odd FCW house show anyway.

For FCW this is a big step up from the FCW arena. Looks waaaay better and fits a lot more people in it. For normal things, like conferences and concerts it fits in around 1,500 but even taking int account things like the ring that will reduce the amount of people that can safely be fitted in, it'll easily be 1,000+. Also, WWE are employing FCW's trick of advertising WWE guys to draw the crowd, which is smart.

Here's where they'll be taping the shows:

Last edited by Kotre; May 12th, 2012 at 7:20 AM.

That's such an improvement. The current place they have looks like a low grade indy fed.

Thread Information