Page 2410 of 2437 FirstFirst ... 141019102310236023802400240824092410241124122420 ... LastLast
Results 24,091 to 24,100 of 24368

Thread: News & Notes Thread - *news must have sources**no subscription content*

Finn is great. The matches with Joe weren't spectacular, but Joe's been odd in NXT in that he's putting on great performances but the match layouts have been lacking a bit. He could do with an angle that's a bit more advanced than "going for/defending belt" though.

Finn is pretty good - he keeps me watching. He's not particularly believable though in that he doesn't have a lot in the way of high-impact looking moves. His drop kicks are pretty weak sauce, for example. And the sling blade is toss.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Speaking of in-ring ability.....I read a kid's rant on Instagram about Tye Dillinger's match with Bobby Roode at the last Takeover. This kid was shitting on Tye because his moveset was too basic in comparison with others. And I assume he's comparing him with flashier wrestlers like AJ Styles for example. This kid was negative toward the fact Tye uses clotheslines.....that he used the Sharpshooter.....that he used an inverted atomic drop.....And then proceeded to say that he could have given the fans a much better match with zero training......
    Man, these kids are all about them kewl movz these days. Not their fault I guess, Just a product of the times, doesn't help that many younger wrestlers also are all about posturing, posing and kewl movz as well. Not naming anyone in particular..

Give me Hansen, Gordy, Brody or Vader beating the shit out of someone any day of the week. Yes, the Vadersault was a pretty damn "kewl move".

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    This, and to be clear, I was not at all disparaging Finn's ring work. In fact, I'm usually more positive about his matches than a solid number of people around these parts(Andy comes to mind). I just think he's had more notable matches in NJPW than he has in NXT. And compared to the average match we consider to be "great" these days, Finn's output tends to fall just below the curve.

That said, he's a great competitor that I always look forward to seeing perform, and I know the time will come when he starts hammering out some true classics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Finn is great. The matches with Joe weren't spectacular, but Joe's been odd in NXT in that he's putting on great performances but the match layouts have been lacking a bit. He could do with an angle that's a bit more advanced than "going for/defending belt" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Finn is pretty good - he keeps me watching. He's not particularly believable though in that he doesn't have a lot in the way of high-impact looking moves. His drop kicks are pretty weak sauce, for example. And the sling blade is toss.
    ^ All this. Finn's NXT matches have never impressed me as much as others. They always seems to be missing something. His move set also doesn't do much for me. He clearly has talent, but I don't know if he's adjusted too much to the WWE style. That being said, Finn definitely has something about him that makes him stand out. An aura if you will.

He connects with fans and has the potential to be a huge star on the main roster. One match that really stands out to me is the one he had with Roman. They had great chemistry considering it was probably the first time they'd ever worked with each other. They could have an awesome feud if Reigns ever turns heel.

Administrator
    Would anyone who posts in this thread (or not) be interested in compiling news like this for the main page? Basically things from newspapers, Twitter, Instagram and other social media, official sites or any legit news that breaks.

I'm sort of in dire need of fresh news writers for the main page but I haven't been happy with any of the submissions I've gotten so I thought I would see if anyone here would be interested...seeing as how I would be much more comfortable letting a forum poster loose on the main page.

If you are interested, please don't respond here, instead email me at webmaster@rajah.com. Thanks.

I'm Spinning Around! sam_elmendorf's Avatar
    Did I miss it, or was there any promotion that Cena is the voice of the pistachio elephant? I've seen all the commercials so far, but last night, I was like wait, that sounds a little like Cena. Didn't think about it again until just now when I saw the commercial with the elephant and Fitzgerald in the park. So I googled pistachio elephant voice, and sure enough, it's Cena.

I thought that Elephant sounded like Cena.

Question for Rajah; is the main page reporter/writer job a paid gig?

If it is they are wasting money on the 2 'main reporters' absolute chump stains.

I would be astounded if he's paying people.

Thread Information