User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Dat Comic Book Thread

Give me the World Belt, dammit Zarius's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lately Marvel have found themselves in hot water for killing off a certain hero who's very recently had a Disney+ show and is in the next major MCU movie...in someone else's comic, in a story she's barely factored in.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    In relation to that

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Marvel comics has not been good of late. The X-Men are immortal Gods. Spider-man and MJ are really over as well as Peter just dicking around like an idoit. The Avengers have been multi-verse hopping to stop Mephisto and basically murdered entire realities just to keep Mephisto in hell with eyeball guy. The Fantastic Four has been great as well as Daredevil, everything else is just there. I do think the death is pointless and I am not sure what dipshit executive thinks this is a good idea instead of just putting a spotlight on them in other ways.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Marvel comics has not been good of late. The X-Men are immortal Gods. Spider-man and MJ are really over as well as Peter just dicking around like an idoit. The Avengers have been multi-verse hopping to stop Mephisto and basically murdered entire realities just to keep Mephisto in hell with eyeball guy. The Fantastic Four has been great as well as Daredevil, everything else is just there. I do think the death is pointless and I am not sure what dipshit executive thinks this is a good idea instead of just putting a spotlight on them in other ways.
    When it comes to the X-Men, the rebirth and timeline restarting stuff has me checking my watch. They're really just a bunch of hippies farting around w/ each other on their own island.

And Spider-Man... they've buried him big time. Peter's a whiny, mopey putz.

Daredevil, I'm mostly enjoying. Matt's gone full boy-yoy-yoing and carved out his own eyes just to make a point and the Avengers are just shaking their heads at him.

I'm over here waiting for Thor's vision of Thanos to come true.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I have liked about the X-Men though is Beast’s turn to the dark side. But Hank actually killing/beheading Wolverine with a simple knife was lame, super lame. Crazy how a founding member of the X-Men can be such a good villain, like Cyclops. But…. BUT…. I wouldn’t be surprised if this wasn’t Beast at all. What if this has been Dark Beast this whole time? Sure, he had his head cut off before but eh. This is comic books. My gut says this is not the Hank we know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Spider-man and MJ are really over as well as Peter just dicking around like an idoit
    Peter and MJ will get back together eventually. Nobody truly buys that they're finished, ASM#25 and #'26 revealed MJ was under some sort of binding spell, and at the end they pretty much guaranteed they have a way back to each other by removing her magic kids, all we have left to rid ourselves of is that Paul character.

I agree that Marvel really aren't all that hot right now. Slott's Spider-Man book sold poorly and is being relaunched as Spider-Boy to highlight his newest character, She-Hulk got cancelled, X-Men are fighting Judas Traveller from the Clone Saga (lol), Daredevil is great but Zdarsky's leaving pretty soon, I think the only thing keeping Marvel going is Ryan North on Fantastic Four and the old school writers coming back for mini-series.

Looking forward to Captain America by JMS, but I don't know if that can save Steve.
    Last edited by Zarius; July 3rd, 2023 at 12:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So much for Peter and MJ being 'really over', Marvel launched a new Ultimate Spider-Man title where they're married with kids and Peter's way older than he is in the 616 universe. Marvel know where the money is with these two. It's doing pretty well two issues in, in regards to sales.

X-Men Krakoan Age in the midst of it's finale at the moment. Tom Brevoort's era as X-Men editor begins very soon now.

And Mark Waid and Dan Mora are working on a massive DC summer event involving Amanda Waller with over 25 tie-ins