Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1737576566676869 LastLast

Thread: Dat Comic Book Thread

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    I hated the end of the last arc. Felt very anticlimactic. Liking this arc so far.

Oh yeah, the Whisperers end left much to be desired and I assume it will lead to an encounter with Beta again. It's possible he just disappears too, but if that's the case I'll be somewhat disappointed.

Give me the World Belt, dammit Zarius's Avatar
    A big leak occured for the Superman comics a day or so before the release of Action Comics 975, promising to reveal the identity of the mysterious "normal" Clark Kent doppleganger

I was at the comic book store this weekend and snatched up the "new" Carnage #10 and The Punisher #10. But I reallllly wanted to grab the issues of The Punisher teaming up with Dr. Strange called Magic Bullets. I thought it was kind of a funny name considering the magic bullet sex toy 90% of the women I know have or had at some point but still it looked pretty fucking cool. I really like the Carnage comics they put out recently although I didn't realize the first one I would buy a few weeks back was actually the last of the series so I'm going back to find the other 16-17 I don't have.

I'm at a point now with comics that have came out in the last couple years-present is that I'm not familiar with the stories so I'm almost going solely on skimming through the pages and checking the artwork, and the cover art is a big seller. Almost grabbed Harley's Little Black Book featuring Lobo due to having zero Lobo comics and while the cover looked cool the inside stuff just wasn't that great and it looked kind of stupid to begin with, idk maybe I'm wrong. I mean shit, I'm super into the Batman-TMNT books so yeah lol

I got X-Men Gold, because the team looked good. They made Kitty the leader and have Old Man Logan around, because his movie is out. It was a nice re-establishment of the characters, but the price of $5 for the book is a bit much.

Two issues into Secret Empire and I've stopped so many times to just rub my forehead at the dialogue. I'm so tired of Marvel making 80% of all the good guys sounds like trendy/edgy millennials. Las Vegas has just been blown to smithereens and then we've got Rick Jones' recording talking about his jail's Blur-Ray library, memory foam, and an espresso machine? Like what the fucking fuck is it going to take Marvel to get serious? We've got nothing but a bunch of jobber kids running around acting like they're a part of the Avengers, meanwhile DC is killing it. They're writing their super heroes to be... super heroes. Not like new kids on the block that want to know how many views on Youtube they got saving a cat from a tree. Everybody's just all smiles, cracking jokes, flipping the bird, and not taking into consideration that serious shit is going down.

Marvel just ain't for me anymore.

Intercontinental Champion
    Just finished the 'Button' mini-arc through Batman and Flash this month. Kinda wish they had progressed things more than they did for all the hype the 4 issues got. I guess they want the real build-up to happen once they spring 'Doomsday Clock' in the Fall. Batman #21 was promising, and the meeting with the Flashpoint Thomas Wayne was OK, but once they looped back around to meeting Reverse Flash, it's like they ran out of ideas on how to wrap up the arc except for one BIG RETURN (which they spoil right on the cover) that doesn't really go anywhere.

I didn't expect things to progress as much as many expected to. The Watchmen coming into play is going to be a big thing for the DC universe and I never thought they were reveal everything in a Batman / Flash crossover. It is far more likely we see more team-up crossovers throughout like Cyborg / Aquaman , Superman / Green Lanterns which lead to whatever major event DC has planned.

Intercontinental Champion
    I guess I expected too much. If they do a 'slow burn' like that, it'd kinda be like how they introduced Monitor and Lyta back before the COIE... little teases here and there. At least they've committed to keep the Doomsday Clock event self-contained, without dozens of crossover issues that don't contribute much to the main story.

I can't believe I spaced this. I was looking forward to it and just got wrapped up in other things.

Thread Information